PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Hits Keep rolling....Obama abandons part of the US

HonestChieffan
06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPrl4P9AcrQ&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPrl4P9AcrQ&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

NewChief
06-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Is this a real crisis?

max sleeper
06-15-2010, 10:10 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPrl4P9AcrQ&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPrl4P9AcrQ&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Fox news is such a big pile of sh.t! Fair and Balanced ROFL Maybe that Sheriff should give up his fed. funded job for someone who can get over himself and not be looking for his 2 minutes of fame. Go Chiefs!

ROYC75
06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Fox News & the Sheriff ?

Hey, that's our POTUS that is allowing this. Is this not a problem ? Yes / No?

orange
06-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Fox News & the Sheriff ?

Hey, that's our POTUS that is allowing this. Is this not a problem ? Yes / No?

Was it a problem in 2005 when that POTUS was "allowing this?" Yes / No?

Drug Trafficking in the Parks

According to NPCA’s 2005 report, Faded Glory: Top 10 Reasons to Reinvest in America’s National Park Heritage, the Park Service confronts increasing problems with illegal drug cultivation and/or trafficking at Sequoia National Park and Whiskeytown National Recreation Area in California; Organ Pipe Cactus and Coronado national monuments in Arizona; and Amistad National Recreation Area and Padre Island National Seashore in Texas, among other park sites nationwide. Illegal marijuana cultivation within Sequoia National Park, for instance, has increased drastically since September 11 when Mexican drug cartels relocated operations onto public lands because of tightened security along U.S. borders. This has serious consequences on the safety of park staff and visitors, the experiences of visitors, and the park’s already-tight budget.

http://www.npca.org/media_center/testimonies/testimony111705.html

Maybe the problem is that Obama doesn't have any better magic wand to make drug trafficking go away than any previous president had.

HonestChieffan
06-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Maybe the problem is that Obama doesn't have any better magic wand to make drug trafficking go away than any previous president had.

A lot of the people that voted for him came to that conclusion a long time ago. In fact it seems the polls show this clown is worse. Good to see reality beginning to set in with you.

Duck Dog
06-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Legalize pot in the US and a good portion of the problem goes away.

ROYC75
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Was it a problem in 2005 when that POTUS was "allowing this?" Yes / No?

Drug Trafficking in the Parks

According to NPCA’s 2005 report, Faded Glory: Top 10 Reasons to Reinvest in America’s National Park Heritage, the Park Service confronts increasing problems with illegal drug cultivation and/or trafficking at Sequoia National Park and Whiskeytown National Recreation Area in California; Organ Pipe Cactus and Coronado national monuments in Arizona; and Amistad National Recreation Area and Padre Island National Seashore in Texas, among other park sites nationwide. Illegal marijuana cultivation within Sequoia National Park, for instance, has increased drastically since September 11 when Mexican drug cartels relocated operations onto public lands because of tightened security along U.S. borders. This has serious consequences on the safety of park staff and visitors, the experiences of visitors, and the park’s already-tight budget.

http://www.npca.org/media_center/testimonies/testimony111705.html

Nope, wrong is wrong. But Obo did promise change ? That he would not be the same !

Meet the new boss ......Same as the old boss .........., things are still the same.:doh!:

Cave Johnson
06-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Nope, wrong is wrong. But Obo did promise change ? That he would not be the same !

Meet the new boss ......Same as the old boss .........., things are still the same.:doh!:

He hasn't fixed everything that's wrong with the U.S. in 18 months. He's a failure!!!

Otter
06-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Legalize pot in the US and a good portion of the problem goes away.

I was having a discussion about this the other day and I do agree that pot should be legalized. An interesting point was brought up however; I forget the statistic but the number of people in jail on marijuana related chargers is staggering. If I'm recalling correctly it's over 1 million total. I really don't give two shits about illegals in prison on the charge but lets say there's about 1 million American Citizens in jail on marijuana charges.

What do you tell these people once it's legalized? "Hey, sorry for ruining your life, no hard feelings!".

Sorry, getting off topic but a consequence of legalization I really never put much thought into.

Cave Johnson
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I was having a discussion about this the other day and I do agree that pot should be legalized. An interesting point was brought up however; I forget the statistic but the number of people in jail on marijuana related chargers is staggering. If I'm recalling correctly it's over 1 million total. I really don't give two shits about illegals in prison on the charge but lets say there's about 1 million American Citizens in jail on marijuana charges.

What do you tell these people once it's legalized? "Hey, sorry for ruining your life, no hard feelings!".

Sorry, getting off topic but a consequence of legalization I really never put much thought into.

No idea, but it's timely that you mention that. Monday I sat in on municipal court setting with perps picked up on warrants over the weekend. They didn't always identify the underlying charge, but at least 2 were for pot possession. The 2nd best highlight was the judge asking one if he was currently smoking.... his response, basically, was that he wasn't since he'd been picked up.

Radar Chief
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM

I’ve wondered the same thing.
What happened with bootleggers after prohibition was repealed?

|Zach|
06-16-2010, 10:35 AM
, things are still the same.:doh!:

What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to bitch that things are the same...while at the time constantly bitching that you don't like the path this POTUS is taking us down in this country.

That is amazing stuff. Congratulations.

ROYC75
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
He hasn't fixed everything that's wrong with the U.S. in 18 months. He's a failure!!!

Hasn't fixed anything except a massive debt..... what an accomplishment. Being a Liberal as he is took a lot of hard work for him to do that, wasn't it.

Hydrae
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM

I have always maintained that one of the biggest stumbling blocks to legalization is the inability to tell if someone is currently under the influence. This is needed in cases of traffic accidents in particular. Driving stoned can't be much, if any, better than driving drunk.

Planetman
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to bitch that things are the same...while at the time constantly bitching that you don't like the path this POTUS is taking us down in this country.

This.

ROYC75
06-16-2010, 10:57 AM

When will you stiff neck people learn that the " HOPE & " CHANGE " mantra was all BS by Obama.

Has anything changed except massive debt that will take forever to pay off, if it ever does of which is the most likely scenario.

Obo is soft, he's in over his head and his experience as a community organizer is a failure when it comes to leadership.

Have you wondered why he is on TV all the time ? Trying to put out fires with his lying lips, it's just a lot of hot air.

|Zach|
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
When will you stiff neck people learn that the " HOPE & " CHANGE " mantra was all BS by Obama.

Has anything changed except massive debt that will take forever to pay off, if it ever does of which is the most likely scenario.

Obo is soft, he's in over his head and his experience as a community organizer is a failure when it comes to leadership.

Have you wondered why he is on TV all the time ? Trying to put out fires with his lying lips, it's just a lot of hot air.

You completely glaze over my main point which is the intellectual dishonesty in all of these conversations.

Do you really not think it is silly that at the same exact time you are parroting the ideas that...

A) Things are the same. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

B) Obama is making decisions that are really bad for our country leading us down the wrong path.

Well which is it? The information doesn't really seem to matter to you. You just want to be anti Obama. Congrats...bumper sticker politics at its finest.

It I fine to only be anti Obama and not care about being honest about information but you might as well call it what it is.

Cave Johnson
06-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Hasn't fixed anything except a massive debt..... what an accomplishment. Being a Liberal as he is took a lot of hard work for him to do that, wasn't it.

I'll post it again, Roy, since you didn't understand it the last time. The only component of the debt that the President is responsible for is stimulus spending, which represents a small portion of our projected future deficits. I think extending UI benefits, attempting to promote job creation through tax incentives, and infrastructure spending were necessary. You probably don't. Either way, it's still small potatoes.

You can argue whether that was necessary or not, but it's a pittance compared to the Bush tax cuts and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars.

ROYC75
06-16-2010, 03:48 PM
So you Liberals really feel that you can spend your way out of debt ? Nice ! No, DUMB, really dumb.

What ever happened to tighten up your waist line and stop spending, let the chips fall and let the business people of the country prosper and create jobs and not mostly done by the government creating federal & military jobs.

Zach....... Just what has Obama done that has really helped turn the country around economically? Unemployment benefits ? Come on, any POTUS would do that. His infrastructure plan was flawed by means that wasn't going to produce job growth right away for millions of people out of work. Health Care ? Nice, not enough reform and too costly ....... Please elaborate to us.

Pittsie ....... I would wager that I have been around much longer than you and understand fully how infrastructure works with my line of work of the last 30 years. How and what one must do to create jobs ...... it's not rocket science. But I guess to the Libs & some Dems, it is, they do not really understand the concept that it's not the governments job to create the jobs, but the private sector. Currently I see a market ripe for new hires, but the companies and investors are scared to death of the fear of a double dip recession (of which I truly feel we are heading for under Obama.) and nobody wants to do that line of work anymore.

But hey, who am I to a bunch of young kids that know it all!

|Zach|
06-16-2010, 05:53 PM
You completely glaze over my main point which is the intellectual dishonesty in all of these conversations.

Do you really not think it is silly that at the same exact time you are parroting the ideas that...

A) Things are the same. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

B) Obama is making decisions that are really bad for our country leading us down the wrong path.

Well which is it? The information doesn't really seem to matter to you. You just want to be anti Obama. Congrats...bumper sticker politics at its finest.

It I fine to only be anti Obama and not care about being honest about information but you might as well call it what it is.

Of course Roy wants to ask questions of everyone else without even attempting to touch this. Not surprising.

Lzen
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I don't care about what happened in 2005. Bush had things that he was not good at dealing with. But I don't recall it ever being this bad. Armed citizens of another country are invading our country. That should get the National Guard there immediately. This is a major fail.

mikey23545
06-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I'll post it again, Roy, since you didn't understand it the last time. The only component of the debt that the President is responsible for is stimulus spending, which represents a small portion of our projected future deficits. I think extending UI benefits, attempting to promote job creation through tax incentives, and infrastructure spending were necessary. You probably don't. Either way, it's still small potatoes.

You can argue whether that was necessary or not, but it's a pittance compared to the Bush tax cuts and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars.

I don't know what childish mind devised your chart, but it is utter rubbish. Tax cuts always raise tax revenues because of their stimulating effect on the economy. If you increase taxes the revenues will end up going down because of the debilitating effect on the economy. The chart shows a simple minded analysis as if raising or lowering taxes has no effect on the economy, in other words it assumes the tax base stays constant no matter what the tax rate is.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3023/wapoobamabudget1.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/wapoobamabudget1.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

mlyonsd
06-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Of course Roy wants to ask questions of everyone else without even attempting to touch this. Not surprising.

There is an obvious third option.

C) Obama on some issues mimics Bush but on others veers far left which is taking us down a worse path.

ROYC75
06-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't know what childish mind devised your chart, but it is utter rubbish. Tax cuts always raise tax revenues because of their stimulating effect on the economy. If you increase taxes the revenues will end up going down because of the debilitating effect on the economy. The chart shows a simple minded analysis as if raising or lowering taxes has no effect on the economy, in other words it assumes the tax base stays constant no matter what the tax rate is.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3023/wapoobamabudget1.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/wapoobamabudget1.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

OK, we might get somewhere now, lets try it and see. I see you are for tax breaks, just be careful that Obama does slip it to ya in the back door with his Cap & Trade, which is what will happen. You may not pay it in an income tax but you will pay for it in some form, Hey, the money has to come from somewhere, right. ( Check? )

To raise taxes now the American people would cause a revolt across the country with the sour economy. .....I would say we are standing correct in this , right? ( Check)

I prefer the CBO's #'s over Obama & his administration, when has Obama been right on any #'s ? ( Check )

You chart is flawed ...... Plain and simple. If we do nothing to create jobs, your chart is valid. Creating more jobs means more people working, which means more taxes collected. This plus reduction on needless spending will swing the deficit around quicker...... Do you believe this, I assume you do .... ( check? )

Notice how the WH's #'s decline leading up to the 2012 election ? Make it look like the economy and the country is on the right track for re-election purposes..... He has to make it look good for re-election dude.Now why the big jump in the increased #'s after the election ? Simple, Politics, he gets re-elceted for starters and afterwards if he fails re-election he can blame the Republicans for the growing #'s. ...... ( check )

Dem's hated Regan's trickle down economics, but it was a long range plan that didn't jump back and forth as Obama's plan does.

Get the damn thing going down ASAP and keeping down, year after year in case of another war or major catastrophe , ala BP, hurricanes,etc. If he can change the #'s to - 600 billion by 2012, why does it have to raise afterwards ?.... When he goes out of office in 2016( providing he gets a 2nd term ) it goes back to -1200 billion in 3 years? Great, setting us up for more failure, not prospering over the whole time.

Zach ........ Yes, things are still the same , FTR it's even worst under Obama in a very short time. My point is valid, you just fail to accept it, are you thinking Obama is magical ? After, he said we are going to get there, he doesn't know how, but that he will make it happen.... What a line of BS. Please elaborate how things are better under Obama right now. I will not deny that Bush hid the #'s on the cost of the war , but war is very costly, were people really that naive to think things were peachy ? Did Freddie & Fannie have a lot to do with the collapse of our economy ? Stuff that was lead by the Democratic controlled house & Senate!

Anti Obama ? You betcha when he wants to spend and have no real way to pay for it. I want him to have success so that the country will prosper, we all can prosper. Just stop with being a jerk about this anti Obama crap, straight up, I disagree with his failed policies and his lack of leadership.

Now for once, answer the questions I gave you, can you ?