PDA

View Full Version : Music Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros at Beaumont

NewChief
06-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone going tonight? Been listening to these guys lately, and I enjoy them. Their live show would be pretty good.

Cave Johnson
06-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Screw you and your college town that draws indie acts. ;) We had Carrie Underwood last night.

NewChief
06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Screw you and your college town that draws indie acts. ;) We had Carrie Underwood last night.

Heh. I actually live in Fayetteville, AR... which doesn't draw a ton of good music (though we do draw smaller indie acts touring for house parties). I am, however, going to be in Santa Fe, NM on the 21st... and they're playing there at the Santa Fe Brew Pub.

Trying to talk my wife (and the other couple we're going with who don't care for music that much) into going.

CosmicPal
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
I'd go if I were in town.

Have fun and let me know how the show went.

Demonpenz
06-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Alright I went. Something creepy happened. I had heard one of their songs driving from Kansas City to St joseph around like april 1st or so (my grandma died) anyway It was just one of those drives where I didn't have much sleep. Well anyway I got the melody stuck in my head for WEEKS, but for some reason I just thought it was a Johnny cash song I was whistling....then I went through like last week and was like what the fuck Johnny cash song has whistling and has june in it...couldn't find the damn song. I Thought maybe I just had someones cell phone ringer or maybe I just Dreamt this song up (I play guitar and drums and I get random shit stuck in my head) so fast forward to tonight. I go see this band I have never heard of...and they play that song. I wanted to hug the lead singer because I was like. THANK YOU NOW I KNOW WHO THE FUCK SINGS THIS SONG.

Demonpenz
06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y

Rausch
06-17-2010, 12:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y

Ok, want more...

Pablo
06-17-2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-YThat song is an ear-devil.

It gets wedged in your brain and won't remove itself.

I just listened to it like a dumbass even though I knew what it was and I know I'll be whistling it all day tomorrow at work. Now I'll get some solid sleep.

*whistle, whistle, whistle*

"Alabama, Arkansaaaaaaaas"

NewChief
06-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Alright I went. Something creepy happened. I had heard one of their songs driving from Kansas City to St joseph around like april 1st or so (my grandma died) anyway It was just one of those drives where I didn't have much sleep. Well anyway I got the melody stuck in my head for WEEKS, but for some reason I just thought it was a Johnny cash song I was whistling....then I went through like last week and was like what the **** Johnny cash song has whistling and has june in it...couldn't find the damn song. I Thought maybe I just had someones cell phone ringer or maybe I just Dreamt this song up (I play guitar and drums and I get random shit stuck in my head) so fast forward to tonight. I go see this band I have never heard of...and they play that song. I wanted to hug the lead singer because I was like. THANK YOU NOW I KNOW WHO THE **** SINGS THIS SONG.

Did you catch Dawes as well? I really like them. Much mellower and less flamboyant than Edward Sharpe, but they're good.

Demonpenz
06-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Did you catch Dawes as well? I really like them. Much mellower and less flamboyant than Edward Sharpe, but they're good.

I caught 7 or songs of them. They were good, I was surprised they dressed like normal people heh. Telecaster for the dawes lead singer good voice kinda sounded like band of horses to me...bonus points for their band t shirts "dawesome!". The lead singer for Edward kept twirling around causing feedback on the mic.

NewChief
06-17-2010, 07:45 AM
I caught 7 or songs of them. They were good, I was surprised they dressed like normal people heh. Telecaster for the dawes lead singer good voice kinda sounded like band of horses to me...bonus points for their band t shirts "dawesome!". The lead singer for Edward kept twirling around causing feedback on the mic.

Their album reminds me a lot of CSNY. I haven't heard much of them live, though.

Demonpenz
06-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Also for those of you who are working on your game. Go to these shows, introduce yourself to every woman. You don't have to run lines on woman, there were 200 or so HOT ASS GIRLS there. I didn't even run Demongame...I just was like Hey I am Ray just saying hi, and what do you know...when we met back up later they were friendly, got 3 numbers of girls who atleast get out and go to decent shows.

Demonpenz changing Da game

Demonpenz
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
If you can run game through loud music you are opening a world of hurt on Vagina. Soo many hotties get protected by loud music if you just can handle yourself like a non creap you will get booty. I don't like running game that isn't me, but if you were a real sleezeball you just need to make laminants that say V.I.P. Virgin records "Dane Mccloud" Pull so much asssssssss.

CosmicPal
06-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I'd hate to say this because I like their music and I've been a jamband fan all my life, but those two singers drive me fuggen crazy. That chick with the short dark hair has major, and I mean utterly profound stage fright. Just check out their video here on Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs

Not once does she ever look at the audience nor the camera. She bops and meanders around like a child begging uncontrollably for candy. And that smile of hers never erodes- it's like watching someone getting high for the first time and they can't stop laughing- that's her.

Still though, I'm in love with the blonde chick...Yowza!

Lastly, never could understand why you'd want so many people in your band- what do they make a night- 5.00/per band member? :D

NewChief
06-17-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd hate to say this because I like their music and I've been a jamband fan all my life, but those two singers drive me fuggen crazy. That chick with the short dark hair has major, and I mean utterly profound stage fright. Just check out their video here on Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs

Not once does she ever look at the audience nor the camera. She bops and meanders around like a child begging uncontrollably for candy. And that smile of hers never erodes- it's like watching someone getting high for the first time and they can't stop laughing- that's her.

Still though, I'm in love with the blonde chick...Yowza!

Lastly, never could understand why you'd want so many people in your band- what do they make a night- 5.00/per band member? :D

They're strange to say the least. The whole story behind the band is weird. Some people feel it's a little contrive and gimmicky, while others just take it at face value and enjoy it. I think this blog did a kickass job of blogging about this show (though I wish I wouldn't have read it, because if I go see the show... it's probably going to force me into a similarly jaded perspective on the Magnetic Zero vibe):
http://www.muzzleofbees.com/2010/06/09/review-dawes-edward-sharpe-the-vogue-indianapolis/

Demonpenz
06-18-2010, 03:35 PM
the stage fright thing didn't come to me and I was close sober with notepad at teh show.