PDA

View Full Version : Football Hey Knowmo whatcha think?

JASONSAUTO
06-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Broncos the NFL's cheapest team?

07:18 AM ET 06.21 | The offseason tale of Elvis Dumervil may be exposing the Broncos as penny-pinchers. The good people of Colorado built Broncos owner Pat Bowlen a football stadium so the local NFL team would be a Super Bowl contender forever. But, like pass-rusher [Dumervil], the rest of us are slowly discovering that loyalty in the NFL is often a one-way street. Could it be after all these years of acting the good neighbor, Bowlen and his franchise are now more interested in making money than winning a championship? Maybe Josh McDaniels was hired as coach in Denver to hold down costs, especially with labor strife looming for the NFL just around a dark bend in the road ahead. Dumervil gave his team a league-leading 17 sacks last season. In return, the Broncos have given Dr. Doom the least amount of appreciation possible, leaving the four-year veteran little choice except to sign a $3.168 million tender to give his 110 percent on the field.

The Denver Post

Valiant
06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Fuckers are just trying to beat teh Chiefs at something else..

Bane
06-21-2010, 12:16 PM
This will be the greatest Bronco team ever and we're going to win the SB so none of this matters anyway.I read it on Twatter. /Knowshit
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
They took that from one of the worst articles I have ever read on the Denver Post.

Denver isn't cheap. We brought in a BUNCH of FA's last year and brought in 3 new starters on the defensive line and a couple other FA's this year. We also are one of the few teams in the league who have given a RFA a longterm deal when we gave Kuper a 6 year 30 million dollar contract. And Elvis Dumervil should become one of the 5 highest paid OLB's in the NFL before training camp starts.

Von Dumbass
06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
And weren't the Chiefs like $50,000,000 below the salary cap last year????????? LMAO

orange
06-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Shannon Sharpe, Trevor Price, Clinton Portis ... these and more have priced themselves off the Broncos ... long before McDaniels ever came ... and yet the Broncos are still near the top every year in total salary.

You would be well advised to learn what Broncos fans have always known - Mark Kizla is a buffoon.

Hog Farmer
06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
They took that from one of the worst articles I have ever read on the Denver Post.

Denver isn't cheap. We brought in a BUNCH of FA's last year and brought in 3 new starters on the defensive line and a couple other FA's this year. We also are one of the few teams in the league who have given a RFA a longterm deal when we gave Kuper a 6 year 30 million dollar contract. And Elvis Dumervil should become one of the 5 highest paid OLB's in the NFL before training camp starts.

And once again you've earned some REP

Mile High Mania
06-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think they're cheap, I think they're trying not to be burned on big deals like they have in the past... what I hate is that they're doing it with a guy that has produced for them and has earned it.

They dropped millions on a handful of FAs for that defense, yet they're playing hardball with Elvis - I don't like it.

morphius
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't think they're cheap, I think they're trying not to be burned on big deals like they have in the past... what I hate is that they're doing it with a guy that has produced for them and has earned it.

They dropped millions on a handful of FAs for that defense, yet they're playing hardball with Elvis - I don't like it.
I think with the uncertainty of next year a lot of teams may come off as cheap this year, much less the effects a big contract could have when both sides agree to a cap again.

blaise
06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
What's most important to realize is that the Broncos suck and their fans are, for the most part, turds.

MGRS13
06-21-2010, 01:03 PM
And weren't the Chiefs like $50,000,000 below the salary cap last year????????? LMAO

Yep and we missed the playoffs cheap. You frickin idiots overpaid to miss them.

blaise
06-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Shannon Sharpe talks like a brain damaged donkey.

MGRS13
06-21-2010, 01:06 PM

The real question is what are they going to overpay Champ"property of eddie Kennison"Bailey? He's just about done but I don't think they'll be able to convince his agent of that next year.

Ugly Duck
06-21-2010, 01:12 PM

Good articles say good things about the Broncos. Bad articles say bad things about the Broncos. This year, the football sites & pundits are all writing some of the worst articles you've ever read.

JASONSAUTO
06-21-2010, 01:12 PM
so lets see.

cutler=gone, he would have been a big money guy
marshall=gone, HE would have been a big money guy
elvis=????? BUT he has performed like a big money guy, so is he going too?

2 could be coincidence but three is a trend. and of all those FAs how many were big money guys?

Bane
06-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Yep and we missed the playoffs cheap. You frickin idiots overpaid to get knocked out of the playoffs at home by that very same "cheap" team.

FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
so lets see.

cutler=gone, he would have been a big money guy
marshall=gone, HE would have been a big money guy
elvis=????? BUT he has performed like a big money guy, so is he going too?

2 could be coincidence but three is a trend. and of all those FAs how many were big money guys?

Lets see. Pat Bowlen fired Mike Shanahan knowing that he was going to have to pay out the rest of his contract (20 million total) plus hire a new HC. I am sure that signing two first round picks this year is more expensive than signing one.

Jamal Williams, Justin Bannan, and Jarvis Green got 58 million combined.

Just Passin' By
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
The article sucks. Singling out Denver, when so many teams have used the RFA situation this year, is idiotic. Hell, San Diego has two players who didn't even sign the tenders, for crying out loud.

Ebolapox
06-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Lets see. Pat Bowlen fired Mike Shanahan knowing that he was going to have to pay out the rest of his contract (20 million total) plus hire a new HC. I am sure that signing two first round picks this year is more expensive than signing one.

ROFL

here's the funny thing: you're actually bragging about jarvis freaking green, race bannon and jamal williams getting 58 million combined. marinate on that for a moment: you're bragging about THAT?!?

Bane
06-21-2010, 02:02 PM
ROFL

here's the funny thing: you're actually bragging about jarvis freaking green, race bannon and jamal williams getting 58 million combined. marinate on that for a moment: you're bragging about THAT?!?

Mommy forgot to put apple sauce in her lil mans cream of wheat this morning,so he surely wasn't thinking clearly.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
06-21-2010, 02:04 PM
No CBA is going to cause a lot of salary shifts, most of them downward. Why do you think players were racing to get deals done prior to the uncapped year?

Owners have seen salaries for average orunproven players go through the roof and they are going to reel it in one way or the other.
I'm all in favor of players getting paid and also of owners getting ROI.

Still, the gauranteed $ a rookie who has never played a single down are getting has gone past ridiculous IMHO.

Von Dumbass
06-21-2010, 02:34 PM
ROFL

If Denver was cheap there would be no way we would have signed those guys. How much money did the Chiefs spend in FA? All you guys got was Thomas Jones.

Bane
06-21-2010, 02:39 PM
If Denver was cheap there was no way we would have signed those guys. How much money did the Chiefs spend in FA? All you guys got was Thomas Jones.

Thanks for reminding me about Jones.Can't wait to see your SB caliber D against him and Charles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks for reminding me about Jones.Can't wait to see your SB caliber D against him and Charles.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://prod.static.chargers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/photos/images/gameday/2008/2008-12-29-game-photos-charg/PatchDCRs/45752--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.jpg

Hog Farmer
06-21-2010, 02:50 PM
If Denver was cheap there would be no way we would have signed those guys. How much money did the Chiefs spend in FA? All you guys got was Thomas Jones.

Well, Mr. KnowNothing we signed more than Thomas Jones and If it wasn't for you're sorry ass team we wouldn't have had to sign him. Seems Charles was so tired from running up and down the field after destroying your playoff chances the Coach was worried about him .

Bane
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
http://prod.static.chargers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/photos/images/gameday/2008/2008-12-29-game-photos-charg/PatchDCRs/45752--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.jpg

:clap:

JASONSAUTO
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM

ROFL, what should cutler and marshall made?

i also doubt bannon and williams see all of that money

listopencil
06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
ROFL, what should cutler and marshall have made?

You mean if we paid them per interception or per childish hissy fit?