PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Dems Nominate another Loon

HonestChieffan
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Oops: Dem Congressional Nominee in Texas Wins on Impeachment Platform
BY MARY KATHARINE HAM
June 21, 2010 12:50 PM
SHARETHIS

Kesha Rogers won the Democratic nomination in a suburban Houston district (TX-22) on a platform of impeachment of Obama and colonization of Mars. A professional activist in the Lyndon LaRouche movement, she carries posters of Obama with a Hitler mustache and calls him a "Wall Street and London backed puppet." She has “denounced warnings of global warming as imperialist genocide.”

She also won 53 percent of the vote in a three-way Democratic primary in which her views were well-known and the Democratic establishment backed her opponent.

Time calls her an "Alvin Greene," but given that the local party clearly knew her views, and she did her best to make them known—she reportedly stood at a local intersection regularly with a "Save NASA, Impeach Obama" sign— they can't exactly plead ignorance on this one. The district in question includes the Johnson Space Center, so perhaps her win is a reflection of a trade-off Democrats can believe in. Her vocal support for local jobs overrode local Democratic affection for Barack Obama, with his record on jobs (particularly aerospace jobs) dragging him down. So much for the vaunted Obama personal popularity.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kesha-rogers-550x365.jpg

ChiefaRoo
06-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Good Lord.

Taco John
06-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Even in Texas, this is hard to fathom.

orange
06-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Texas 22 seems to specialize in bizarre. They are the ones who brought us Ron Paul, after all.

HonestChieffan
06-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Texas 22 seems to specialize in bizarre. They are the ones who brought us Ron Paul, after all.

Lyndon Johnson
Billy Sol Estes

and the list goes on

orange
06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Lyndon Johnson
Billy Sol Estes

and the list goes on

Tom Delay. Yep, it sure does.

But not with Johnson (Texas 10) or Estes. I have NO idea what you're talking about - except that you're lost, as usual.

FD
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
She's a LaRouchite, which should tell you all you need to know. Part of her campaign was promising to take all the troops out of Afghanistan and send them into space. I'm dead serious about that.

I love it.

HonestChieffan
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Tom Delay. Yep, it sure does.

But not with Johnson (Texas 10) or Estes. I have NO idea what you're talking about - except that you're lost, as usual.

Its hard to be you. If you are ignorant, then everyone is ignorant. The fact you have no idea is no surprise. Thats more the norm.

Do your homework moron, read. Dem Crooks in Texas are as legendary as they are in Cook County Illinois.

orange
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Austin = Houston. They're both named after old Texican generals ending in "n" so there's no difference. Just like LBJ = fringe lunatics like Paul and LaRouche.

You have now achieved the exalted status of "complete joke."

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 07:29 PM

That's just a matter of opinion. It shows what you think of the Constitution too.
You you think it's bizarre and hate it.

HonestChieffan
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
That's just a matter of opinion. It shows what you think of the Constitution too.
You you think it's bizarre and hate it.

He has never read it. But he has a link.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 07:33 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/kesha-rogers-550x365.jpg

That looks to me like she's saying to take it as in out of there. I agree get rid of it. It's a waste and boondoggle.

petegz28
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
That looks to me like she's saying to take it as in out of there. I agree get rid of it. It's a waste and boondoggle.

What is a waste and a boondoggle?

orange
06-21-2010, 07:36 PM

I'm guessing "shuttle" though she might mean the whole space program.

petegz28
06-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm guessing "shuttle" though she might mean the whole space program.

I would argue that anyone, including Obama, who wants to restrict our space programs is borderline __________

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 07:40 PM

The bus that goes nowhere....as well as many other things from NASA.

Saul Good
06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Democrats will vote for any black person on the ballot. It's no more complicated than that.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I would argue that anyone, including Obama, who wants to restrict our space programs is borderline __________

Did you know that the Spaceshuttle originally was supposed to pay its own way with commercial payloads but never came close. Now NASA doesn't even try. It missed many of its original mission specifications too. There's loads of excessive waste and frequently way over budget boondoggles. And STILL it goes nowhere. That's borderline________________.

LOCOChief
06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Democrats will vote for any black person on the ballot. It's no more complicated than that.

winner winner chicken dinner

petegz28
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Did you know that the Spaceshuttle originally was supposed to pay its own way with commercial payloads but never came close. Now NASA doesn't even try. It missed many of its original mission specifications too. There's loads of excessive waste and frequently way over budget boondoggles. And STILL it goes nowhere. That's borderline________________.

No, that's bad government policy. Space exploration is something we need to continue.

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
This lady and Alvin Greene are false flag ops done by deep Dem. Party leadership. Use these stooges to knock out viable Democratic candidates so the Republicans pick up the easy win. If enough Republicans pick up seats in the 2010 election to make any sort of an impact, then the Dems can retake congress in 2012 and cement Obama's incumbency by blaming anything and everything on the Republicans, and have candidates who don't have a negatively marked political career ready to take control.

Game over man, game over.

headsnap
06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
This lady and Alvin Greene are false flag ops done by deep Dem. Party leadership. Use these stooges to knock out viable Democratic candidates so the Republicans pick up the easy win. If enough Republicans pick up seats in the 2010 election to make any sort of an impact, then the Dems can retake congress in 2012 and cement Obama's incumbency by blaming anything and everything on the Republicans, and have candidates who don't have a negatively marked political career ready to take control.

Game over man, game over.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUee1WvtQZU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUee1WvtQZU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 09:50 PM
No, that's bad government policy. Space exploration is something we need to continue.

That's what I said but it's because govt runs it and it's a monopoly that is protected with treaties that bar entry into areas of space by others.
It's the same body that has managed SS, Medicaid, Medicare and our fiscal policies all of which are broke. The space program is loaded with waste and financial boondoggles. Plus we can't afford it right now. I always say it's never the money it's what the two parties want to spend it on.

Meanwhile Virgin Galactic is moving ahead in the area of private space travel.

petegz28
06-21-2010, 09:58 PM
That's what I said but it's because govt runs it and it's a monopoly that is protected with treaties that bar entry into areas of space by others.
It's the same body that has managed SS, Medicaid, Medicare and our fiscal policies all of which are broke. The space program is loaded with waste and boondoggles.

Well, I don't know that I am ready to put it on that scale. Clinton scaled back the space "stuff", W. tried to get it going again and now Obama has completely fucked it all up.

Space exploration is not a program that I myself expect immediate financial return on. It is probably one of the few programs I don't mind being a net loser on the bottom line because if the long term gains it provides. Everything from medicie to new technologies to possible sources of energy and other resources. We are way behind. We should have a base on the moon by now where we can launch space craft from as opposed to the costly way we do it now. Also we are overdue for a telescope on the dark side of the moon..sve the Pink Floyd puns, please :D.

We should have already developed ion propulsion among others and had a maned mission to Mars.

And then there is probably the most important project of them all, defending our planet from rogue asteroids. If a rock a couple miles wide, if even that, were headed for this planet we would know too late. And there is jack shit we could do about it and it would devistate the planet. The odds of it happening are slim but increasing. It only takes one to fuck it all up.

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, I don't know that I am ready to put it on that scale. Clinton scaled back the space "stuff", W. tried to get it going again and now Obama has completely ****ed it all up.

Space exploration is not a program that I myself expect immediate financial return on. It is probably one of the few programs I don't mind being a net loser on the bottom line because if the long term gains it provides. Everything from medicie to new technologies to possible sources of energy and other resources. We are way behind. We should have a base on the moon by now where we can launch space craft from as opposed to the costly way we do it now. Also we are overdue for a telescope on the dark side of the moon..sve the Pink Floyd puns, please :D.

We should have already developed ion propulsion among others and had a maned mission to Mars.

And then there is probably the most important project of them all, defending our planet from rogue asteroids. If a rock a couple miles wide, if even that, were headed for this planet we would know too late. And there is jack shit we could do about it and it would devistate the planet. The odds of it happening are slim but increasing. It only takes one to **** it all up.
You need to read up on NASA then because you have a lot of missing information to properly evaluate this agency including it's so called scientific contributions. We just may have been further along by now without them but definitely many things they did would have done much simpler and cheaper. If it has to be subsidized...it's not needed. Just use the search here for some of the debates on that. Use my handle.

bkkcoh
06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
.... If it has to be subsidized...it's not needed. ...

Sugar subsidies, honey subsidies, national healthcare subsidies, ect..... there are too many to name, aren't there.

alpha_omega
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Bizarre for sure, but i do like this....

rapid construction of new nuclear power plants,
http://www.kesharogers.com/platform