PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink The 2010 Great Lenexa BBQ Battle

Archie F. Swin
06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
We will just happen to be in town on the weekend this is happening. This is the Kansas state BBQ championship, so I'll assume its worth checking out. Anyone have some tips on how to make the best of it. Go hungry?

Is Lenexa where it snows all the time, or is that Olathe?

Chocolate Hog
06-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I went a few years ago parked at my friends house and they towed my car. Parking is a bitch you can use the shuttle if you want. Personally i'm never going back there the city of Lenexa can go fuck itself.

sedated
06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I haven't seen the details or anything, but do they actually sell BBQ at these things?

Every time I've gone to a BBQ cookoff it was as a friend of one of the competitors to eat their "test" food the night before (and get completely hammered drunk); I didn't see anyone selling anything. But then again I've never gone the day of the event, so what do I know.

Chocolate Hog
06-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I haven't seen the details or anything, but do they actually sell BBQ at these things?

Every time I've gone to a BBQ cookoff it was as a friend of one of the competitors to eat their "test" food the night before (and get completely hammered drunk); I didn't see anyone selling anything. But then again I've never gone the day of the event, so what do I know.

I've never seen anyone selling BBQ either. Seems like you gotta know someone with a tent if you want to eat.

Demonpenz
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
a billion people in a billion degree heat. we skipped it every year.

tooge
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
If you know someone cooking in the comp, then go and see them and have a great time. If not, it is a waste of time. Lots of people, no parking, and no food except vendor food (think carnival food).

Mojo Jojo
06-21-2010, 03:38 PM
1. Parking is a bitch. You will have to take a shuttle.
2. Don't go Friday night unless you know someone who is throwing a party.
3. If you go Saturday morning most teams put out samples from the leftovers. You know how teams cook several items in each category and only submit one, so they share the others.
4. Go with a group of friends...it's more fun.

journeyscarab
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Olathe is always Sunny & 72.

Archie F. Swin
06-21-2010, 04:05 PM

there you go....I knew I was mixed up

Pants
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM

It actually got up all the way to 74 today, here, in Olathe. What a travesty.