PDA

View Full Version : Obama White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf

petegz28
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
White House mocks BP CEO's yacht race, defends Obama golf
(AFP) ľ 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON Ś A White House spokesman mocked BP's chief executive Monday for attending a luxury yacht race despite the oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, but then defended President Barack Obama's own weekend golf game.

Tony Hayward, the British energy giant's embattled chief, drew fire from the White House over the weekend for having gone to the yacht race Saturday off the Isle of Wight.

White House spokesman Bill Burton took him to task again on Monday, suggesting that Hayward take part in the cleanup operations in the Gulf of Mexico with the 300,000 euro yacht he co-owns.

"You know, look, if Tony Hayward wants to put a skimmer on that yacht and bring it down to the Gulf, we'd be happy to have his help," Burton said to laughter in the White House briefing room.

"But what's important isn't what Tony Hayward's doing in his free time; it's what BP is doing to take... responsibility for the mess that they've made," he said.

His comments echoed those of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel who called Hawyard's decision to go to the yacht race "part of a long line of PR gaffes and mistakes."

But when asked about Obama's day Saturday, in particular his four hour golf game at a course near Washington, Burton said the president had the right to decompress a bit after a hard week.

"I don't think that there's a person in this country that doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," Burton said.

"I think that a little time to himself on Father's Day weekend probably does us all good as American citizens," he said

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hfQ62qTEIbRH__q_rUMpzykNDtkQ

BucEyedPea
06-21-2010, 08:41 PM
So Obama can decompress but not the CEO of BP? Okay got it! Typical govt workers.

Dallas Chief
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Awwwww.... He was doing it for us. What a sweet guy Dear Leader is. :)

headsnap
06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
well duh... Boogeymen do not get time off...

Duck Dog
06-21-2010, 11:44 PM
"I don't think that there's a person in this country that doesn't think that their president ought to have a little time to clear his mind," Burton said.

What a joke. The libs were all over W every time he took a day off.

mlyonsd
06-22-2010, 08:09 AM
The administration game plan is always the same....keep up the offensive PR machine on the other guy to hide your own incompetence.

mikey23545
06-22-2010, 08:28 AM
What a complete piece of shit this "president" is.

I'm embarrassed for my country.

stevieray
06-22-2010, 08:37 AM
"But what's important isn't what Tony Hayward's doing in his free time; it's what BP is doing to take... responsibility for the mess that they've made," he said.
[/url]

WH set the stage fo this mess.

They are just hoping no one talks about George Soros and Petrobras.

InChiefsHell
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Hayward went to the yacht race to spend time with his son...it was Father's Day weekend after all...what a bastard that guy is...

petegz28
06-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Hayward went to the yacht race to spend time with his son...it was Father's Day weekend after all...what a bastard that guy is...

Only Obama is allowed to take time off during a crisis. Didn't you get the memo?

patteeu
06-22-2010, 09:29 AM
The administration game plan is always the same....keep up the offensive PR machine on the other guy to hide your own incompetence.

There's a persistant bent toward classlessness in this administration. :shake:

There's plenty of room for reasonable people to find fault with the Bush/Cheney administration, but the least that can be said about them is that they were generally pretty classy.

BucEyedPea
06-22-2010, 10:09 AM
There's a persistant bent toward classlessness in this administration. :shake:

There's plenty of room for reasonable people to find fault with the Bush/Cheney administration, but the least that can be said about them is that they were generally pretty classy.

Not CheneyŚnot behind scenes.

mlyonsd
06-22-2010, 10:11 AM

Well, there is that whole shooting the guy in the face thing.

BucEyedPea
06-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, there is that whole shooting the guy in the face thing.

...and the growling photos and angry words. Going down to the CIA offices to lean on them....unheard of before.
BTW, do you mean the accidentally hunting shooting?

patteeu
06-22-2010, 11:18 AM

It's not really classy to tell someone to f*** himself even if he seriously deserves it, but "generally" doesn't mean "always" and I'll stick with my original position.

patteeu
06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
...and the growling photos and angry words. Going down to the CIA offices to lean on them....unheard of before.
BTW, do you mean the accidentally hunting shooting?

You live in a fairy tale world.

Iowanian
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
At least he didn't read to children for 7 minutes.

Chief Faithful
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Amazing, always ready to mock yet skin so thin they can't take it when others give it back.