PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bowe basically admits he cheated last year

Mr. Laz
06-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe Says 2009 Problems Gives Him Chance To Save His Career (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/22/1529907/chiefs-wr-dwayne-bowe-says-2009)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/profile_images/240996/headshot_tiny.jpg by Joel Thorman (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Joel%20Thorman) on Jun 22, 2010 6:02 AM PDT (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/22/1529907/chiefs-wr-dwayne-bowe-says-2009) in 2010 Kansas City Chiefs Season (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/section/2010-campaign) http://cdn3.sbnation.com/images/icons/comment.v1599.png 5 comments
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/438846/62488_lions_houston_football.jpg (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/photos/chiefs-wr-dwayne-bowe-says-2009)

Dwayne Bowe (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/18956/Dwayne_Bowe) tested positive in 2009 for what he claims was a diuretic. He tested positive under the NFL's wide-ranging performance-enhancing drug policy and the NFL doesn't release the drug so we'll never know exactly what it was but Bowe's explanation is plausible.

He says (via Arrowheadlines (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/22/1529823/arrowheadlines-chiefs-news-6-22)) he took the opportunity last year -- after the suspension -- to build his body back up the right way. (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100622/SPORTS/6220307/1002/SPORTS)

"It's going to give me a chance to remodel my career," said Bowe, 6-2, 220-pounds. "I'm bigger, faster and stronger now - and I did it the right way. I really think it is going to end up saving my career."

Bowe came into camp out of shape last year so, from these comments, I suspect he won't be arriving in St. Joe out of shape.

Meanwhile, he goes on to say that the offense is going be a strength this year.

"Charlie Weis is dangerous," Bowe said. "The whole mini-camp and the OTAs, the offense has been clicking like crazy. Matt Cassell is doing well and the draft choices are looking great - I can't wait for the season to start."

Ebolapox
06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
so--apparently PED's don't really improve performance or help your hands, eh?

Buck
06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Can you add a filter that adds "roidman" to his name whenever you type it in?

Crush
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Is Bowe not capable of keeping his fucking mouth shut?

Frazod
06-22-2010, 09:51 AM

There's no point. Unlike Merriman, roids didn't actually help Bowe.

Fat Elvis
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM

Since it was a diuretic, can we use "potty pants"?

GoHuge
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
so--apparently PED's don't really improve performance or help your hands, eh?They can only do so much. When you've got to drop 30 lbs because you decided in the offseason to try and keep up with the chicks on "The View" the PED's are working with a handicap.

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I would not be sad to see Bowe put up on the block and we try again in the next draft. I'm sick of him.

-King-
06-22-2010, 10:01 AM
I guess I just don't see the big deal here. We already knew he took something that he shouldn't have, and now he's saying that he'll do it the right way.

What's wrong with what he said? Is he supposed to keep denying that he did something wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Arrowhead
06-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I guess I just don't see the big deal here. We already knew he took something that he shouldn't have, and now he's saying that he'll do it the right way.

What's wrong with what he said? Is he supposed to keep denying that he did something wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

This

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Last year he blamed the failed test on his grandma. This article he states that he is doing it right this year which would lead the reader to believe that he did in fact willingly cheat last season as opposed to the gramma story he told.

Couple that with his inability to STFU and his stone hands and he is the perfect Raider.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Posted via Mobile Device
because he denied it last year and said that it was his Grandmother's diuretic pills that he must of gotten by mistake.

i'm imagine you were one of the guys that said people should believe Bowe last year and now you're saying "nothing to see here, move along"

:doh!:

Mr. Arrowhead
06-22-2010, 10:14 AM
who gives a flying fuck what he said last year, as long as its past him and hes ready to move on.

wasi
06-22-2010, 10:15 AM
All will be forgotten if Bowe can turn his career around.

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 10:18 AM
who gives a flying **** what he said last year, as long as its past him and hes ready to move on.

erm, no.

I care about what he said last year. It's one thing to me if he took the pills by mistake, its a completely different matter if the guy was trying to cheat to gain a competitive edge.

A mistake I can easily forgive, cheating and then lying about it... blaming his grandmother no less, is something completely different.

He is immature, talks about things he should not, irresponsible, and has difficulty catching a ball. If his problem were just one of these... that would be easy to look past but couple them all together and the guy becomes a cancer.

I am no longer a fan of the Dwayne Bowe Show.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-22-2010, 10:22 AM
erm, no.

I care about what he said last year. It's one thing to me if he took the pills by mistake, its a completely different matter if the guy was trying to cheat to gain a competitive edge.

A mistake I can easily forgive, cheating and then lying about it... blaming his grandmother no less, is something completely different.

He is immature, talks about things he should not, irresponsible, and has difficulty catching a ball. If his problem were just one of these... that would be easy to look past but couple them all together and the guy becomes a cancer.

I am no longer a fan of the Dwayne Bowe Show.
O no, hes the first professional athlete to ever lie

Detoxing
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Meh. He needs to learn how to STFU, but this really isn't a big deal IMO. It's not like anyone believed him last year.

Consistent1
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
It sort of seems like Bowe likes media attention,but doesn't handle it that well.Both from this and his earlier dumb statements.He didn't say anything specific,but it does sound like a slight apology of sorts.Truth is he didn't have to say anything other than he is in shape and ready to have a good year.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't see this as an admission of anything, only a comment that he'll be more careful from this point forward.

My friend that works for the Rams told me that the book that lists all the NFL's banned substances is close to 4 inches thick. Should Bowe have gone to the training staff and asked, "hey, I need to cut weight, is this safe for me to take, or is it a banned substance - or contain a banned substance?"

Of course he should have.

But he didn't, and at least he took his punishment, instead of acting like jackasses like the Williams brothers. Two years later and they are still fighting.

Sounds to me like he learned a lesson, and is moving on.

BFD.

-King-
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
He's basically saying, "I fucked up, I'll do better in the future".

Wtf are you guys complaining about?
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
O no, hes the first professional athlete to ever lie

:rolleyes:

Mr. Arrowhead
06-22-2010, 10:26 AM
He's basically saying, "I ****ed up, I'll do better in the future".

Wtf are you guys complaining about?
Posted via Mobile Device

He Lied, so we have to trade him LMAO

ChiefGator
06-22-2010, 10:28 AM
i'm imagine you were one of the guys that said people should believe Bowe last year ....

Seriously, I don't think anyone believed Bowe last year. If they did, I have a bridge to sell them.

KC Dan
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
"Charlie Weis is dangerous," Bowe said. "The whole mini-camp and the OTAs, the offense has been clicking like crazy. Matt Cassell is doing well and the draft choices are looking great - I can't wait for the season to start."
I certainly hope so. We need a better year on the offense side of the ball

SNR
06-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't give a shit about him lying. All I want to see from him is quality play at the WR position this year. THAT'S where my impatience is getting stronger

Detoxing
06-22-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't give a shit about him lying. All I want to see from him is quality play at the WR position this year. THAT'S where my impatience is getting stronger

This. We all know he lied last year, people acting like its a surprise is kinda funny. Honestly, if the fucker would produce on the field I wouldn't really care what says.

But for now, he should just STFU and not talk about Anything...ever.

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Seriously, I don't think anyone believed Bowe last year. If they did, I have a bridge to sell them.

I think it's pretty easy to believe most professional athletes, because they are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Based on some of the stupid shit he's said recently, I think Bowe is plenty dumb enough to not know any better and take something without checking.

If I were a NFL player, I wouldn't take a fucking multi-vitamin without checking with the medical staff. You can walk into your local GNC and have a 50% chance or better of picking something up that will flag you positive on a test.

Look no further than the Williams StarCaps case. Dudes took something that had two listed ingredients, only to find out that the product had many more, and one of them was on the banned list.

You can't assume anything anymore regarding "supplements." Only the dumbasses don't ask before taking.

Bowe's a dumbass, but I don't see any definitive proof that he was lying - and absolutely, positively 100% KNEW he was taking a banned substance. Nor do I care, even if he was.

JMO.

mlyonsd
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I hope "bigger, faster, and stronger" also implies he can hang on to the ball.

rambleonthruthefog
06-22-2010, 10:46 AM
keep doubting DBowe MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 10:52 AM
keep doubting DBowe MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting D. Johnson MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting Dorsey MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting Croyle MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting Pollard MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting *random Chief* MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

Count Alex's Losses
06-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Bowe sounds a lot like Larry Johnson used to sound.

Hydrae
06-22-2010, 11:13 AM
keep doubting D. Johnson MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting Dorsey MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting Croyle MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting Pollard MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

keep doubting *random Chief* MFers. he is going to be excellent this year.

There are times I wonder why some of you are fans of this team. It seems like there are some (this is directed at you pr_capone, just a handy quote) who can only disparage everything about this team. If that is the case, why do you bother? Unless your reason for living is to bitch about everything around you in which case I feel very sorry for the rest of your family for having to put up with you.

Things are not rosy everyday, I know that. But I don't think they are gloomy everyday either.

Just to be clear, I have been a fan since 1991 but still have hopes and dreams every year.

jspchief
06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I feel like a large percentage of NFL players are taking PEDs. That doesn't excuse it, but I'm also not going to get terribly outraged by it unless someone is blatant or repeatedly getting suspended for it.

The fact is, the drug makers will always be a step ahead of the drug-test makers. And when you consider what is on the line for these guys, whether they are driven by money, competitiveness, or simply trying to keep their job I can't really blame them.

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 11:22 AM
There are times I wonder why some of you are fans of this team. It seems like there are some (this is directed at you pr_capone, just a handy quote) who can only disparage everything about this team. If that is the case, why do you bother? Unless your reason for living is to bitch about everything around you in which case I feel very sorry for the rest of your family for having to put up with you.

Things are not rosy everyday, I know that. But I don't think they are gloomy everyday either.

Just to be clear, I have been a fan since 1991 but still have hopes and dreams every year.

I am usually the biggest supporter of the Chiefs with nothing but hope and rose colored thoughts since I first watched the sport in 1992. Over the years the mantra "There is always next season" has grown thin. There comes a time where you can hope in one hand and shit in the other... guess which one will fill up first.

Bowe is just another let down in a long line of let downs on this team. Sometimes hope gets squashed and opressed for so long that one starts looking at the negative side more than anything else.

You quote me and use me as an example of people who do nothing but disparage without looking at my posting history. I'm one of the biggest cheerleaders the team has (both figuratively and literally (I'm kinda fat) but I will call things as I see them. As of right now, I want nothing to do with Bowe. If he grows up this season, keeps his mouth shut, stops taking "medicine" that is on the banned substance list, and starts catching the football consistenly then I will STFU about him.

It's not like my displeasure with him is unfounded.

That said, I have high hopes for Berry and McCluster. Hopefully that will pan out.

FAX
06-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Bowe has lost his marbles ... if he ever had any. Haley or somebody needs to sit down with him and give him 20 or 30 things to say that will cover any situation at any given time. If they don't, someday he's going to say something really stupid.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, Bowe's a HUGE let down. :rolleyes:

Name me all the WR's that averaged 1000 yards their first two seasons in the NFL.

He's had one bad year. Part of it was him missing four games, part of it was Haley's brilliant idea of trashing everything the week prior to the season opener, part of it was shitty QB play, and part of it was him hanging onto the ball - though if you look at the numbers, he didn't drop any more passes than he did in his first two years when he was putting up 1000+ yards and 8 TD's.

Personally, I'll withhold judgment on the kid until he has another season or two like 2009. He's earned that much from me, considering the numbers he put up as a 1st and 2nd year player catching passes from Damon fucking Huard and Tyler fucking Thigpen.

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Bowe has lost his marbles ... if he ever had any. Haley or somebody needs to sit down with him and give him 20 or 30 things to say that will cover any situation at any given time. If they don't, someday he's going to say something really stupid.

FAX

That's really the only issue I have with him, Mr. FAX.

Apparently, he doesn't know when to shut the fuck up and just play ball.

Then again, that seems to be somewhat common at that position, for some reason or another.

Count Alex's Losses
06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
He's had one bad year. Part of it was him missing four games, part of it was Haley's brilliant idea of trashing everything the week prior to the season opener, part of it was shitty QB play, and part of it was him hanging onto the ball - though if you look at the numbers, he didn't drop any more passes than he did in his first two years when he was putting up 1000+ yards and 8 TD's.

This. Here are Bowe's catch per game and yards per game average.

2007 - 4.375 - 62.18
2008 - 5.375 - 63.875
2009 - 4.272 - 53.54

Marcellus
06-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

This is CP. Everything any player or coach or media type writes is worth making a big deal about.

RustShack
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Jesus Christ. How can someone take this as a negative article? Take a hit and lighten up. Or just kill yourself for being so retarded.

Hog Farmer
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
I would not be sad to see Bowe put up on the block and we try again in the next draft. I'm sick of him.

You're a fucking moron !!!!

Hog Farmer
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Name me all the WR's that averaged 1000 yards their first two seasons in the NFL.

Personally, I'll withhold judgment on the kid until he has another season or two like 2009. He's earned that much from me, considering the numbers he put up as a 1st and 2nd year player catching passes from Damon ****ing Huard and Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

Bowe would have had around 1100 yards last year if not for missing the four games. I'd be willing to bet he bags between 1300 and 1500 this year. He's gonna benefit from the addition of Moeki, McCluster, Thomas, Chambers and the emergence of Charles.

LaChapelle
06-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I've seen no signs that Bowe is a punk
Punk signs are when I question players
usually

Detoxing
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Bowe would have had around 1100 yards last year if not for missing the four games. I'd be willing to bet he bags between 1300 and 1500 this year. He's gonna benefit from the addition of Moeki, McCluster, Thomas, Chambers and the emergence of Charles.

1500 might be a little high.

ima go with 1100-1300

Ugly Duck
06-22-2010, 12:23 PM

I hear you. Lots of people take their grandma's performance enhancing drugs by mistake. I've even done it myself as I'm sure many of you have.

boogblaster
Do'ba All'ba WRs'ba B'ba Stuip'ba

FAX
I agree that Bowe has the potential to be very, very good ... if not great. He has all the physical attributes, at least.

My hope has been, and continues to be, that Haley will have a positive influence on him - professionally. My concern has to do with the fact there appears to be no filter between his brain and his mouth ... either that, or he's a media freak and likes publicity, whether it's good or bad.

But even so, if Bowe solves his concentration problem, he could put up some stellar numbers.

FAX

RustShack
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I hear you. Lots of people take their grandma's performance enhancing drugs by mistake. I've even done it myself as I'm sure many of you have.

I think you mean weight loss pill.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I agree that Bowe has the potential to be very, very good ... if not great. He has all the physical attributes, at least.

My hope has been, and continues to be, that Haley will have a positive influence on him - professionally. My concern has to do with the fact there appears to be no filter between his brain and his mouth ... either that, or he's a media freak and likes publicity, whether it's good or bad.

But even so, if Bowe solves his concentration problem, he could put up some stellar numbers.

FAX

It seems like 60 percent of all NFL WRs are that way, they just love running their mouths to the media, you just kind of have to deal with it as long as he put last year behind him and performs like he did his first 2 years.

LaChapelle
06-22-2010, 12:29 PM

As the article stats
He is going to lose the weight/keep it off the right way
Diet-exercise-index finger

RustShack
06-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah I don't think most people here pay attention to anything else but the Chiefs. Because almost all WR's run their mouths.

FAX
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Why is that? I mean, why is WR the one position that seems to attract the media-seekers and big-talkin' megalomaniacs?

FAX

GoHuge
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Why is that? I mean, why is WR the one position that seems to attract the media-seekers and big-talkin' megalomaniacs?

FAXThis is only a guess and this question has been asked and answered a hundred different ways. All NFL players are tremendous athletes that have been slurped since 5th grade and have always been men amongst boys that they've played against in lower levels, but very good to elite NFL wide recievers have been even that much better than anyone they've played against, and they play a star position. Somebody like Ochocinco (who I love) is one of the best athletes in the world. Same goes for TO, Randy Moss, etc. There are about 3 guys in the entire NFL that can humble/hang with these guys on the field. In no particular order Darrelle Revis, Charles Woodson, and Nnamdi Asomugha. They are the best, they know it, and some choose to be a narcissistic dumbass. I also wouldn't discount this as part of the equation..........the younger guys that are star wide recievers at their given level see the clowns in the NFL doing it so they follow suit. If they make it to the bigtime they are that much more prone to being the jackass. It's just a pattern on behavior that has been glamorized by the media and it just feeds the stupid behavior.

I'm no psychologist, but I'm sure there is partial truth to at least some of it in the above written drivel. IDK, it would take someone smarter than me to figure out why these guys are "premadonnas" :)

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM

FAX

:clap:

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Yeah... he has. I get it. He had 2 great seasons to begin with but then this last season he lost his ****ing mind. Gets suspended for 4 games, blames his grandmother, shows up to camp 30lb over weight, and during the 12 games he did play he had alligator arms and is unable to make routine catches.

Letting your team (and fans) down by taking a banned substance, incurring a 4 game suspension, then throwing them under the bus with all this importing bitches talk is unacceptable. His 3rd year should have been incredible but instead it was a circus.

Then, instead of learning from his mistakes he starts talking some more. I never knew exactly how stupid that boy was until he started talking here recently.

Dude, stfu and put in the work. Control the drops on routine ass passes, pick up another 1k receiving season, and stop talking about locker room shit to the media. Hell, stop talking to the media period until you learn to keep your ****ing head down and prove that last season was an aberration.

You may not care that he cheated. You may not care that his bad decisions kept him from 4 games. You may not care that he threw a shit ton of people under the bus. It is easy not to when you look at his stats at the end of the season. Here is the difference between you and me. I do.

There is more to being a teammate than putting up good numbers. Is it so much to ask that he earn back the trust he lost?

Personally, I'll withhold judgment on the kid until he has another season or two like 2009. He's earned that much from me, considering the numbers he put up as a 1st and 2nd year player catching passes from Damon ****ing Huard and Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

I hope to hell that he shapes up. I want nothing more than Bowe to be the face of the WR core, if not the whole team by the time his career is done just like I wanted LJ to grow the **** up. He has a lot to prove though... and to me at least, that means more than just the numbers at the end of the season. He needs to be a leader, a veteran, and a role model to all the other players. He has every talent and physical gift in the world to do just that... but can he do it?

*editing my re-edits due to faulty initial editing

Brock
06-22-2010, 02:29 PM
This. Here are Bowe's catch per game and yards per game average.

2007 - 4.375 - 62.18
2008 - 5.375 - 63.875
2009 - 4.272 - 53.54

Hmm. What changed?

Frazod
06-22-2010, 02:34 PM

FAX

So you're basically saying that Crash Davis needs to work with him on his cliches?

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
So you're basically saying that Crash Davis needs to work with him on his cliches?

ROFL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KeVca9MwDX8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KeVca9MwDX8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SDChiefs
06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
I am usually the biggest supporter of the Chiefs with nothing but hope and rose colored thoughts since I first watched the sport in 1992. Over the years the mantra "There is always next season" has grown thin. There comes a time where you can hope in one hand and shit in the other... guess which one will fill up first.

Bowe is just another let down in a long line of let downs on this team. Sometimes hope gets squashed and opressed for so long that one starts looking at the negative side more than anything else.

You quote me and use me as an example of people who do nothing but disparage without looking at my posting history. I'm one of the biggest cheerleaders the team has (both figuratively and literally (I'm kinda fat) but I will call things as I see them. As of right now, I want nothing to do with Bowe. If he grows up this season, keeps his mouth shut, stops taking "medicine" that is on the banned substance list, and starts catching the football consistenly then I will STFU about him.

It's not like my displeasure with him is unfounded.

That said, I have high hopes for Berry and McCluster. Hopefully that will pan out.

He had two really good seasons and one bad season. Outside of him mouthing off, I would hardly call him a let down.

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
He had two really good seasons and one bad season. Outside of him mouthing off, I would hardly call him a let down.

did you even read the post before replying?

SDChiefs
06-22-2010, 03:57 PM
did you even read the post before replying?

No I just guessed that you said it.

pr_capone
06-22-2010, 04:02 PM
No I just guessed that you said it.

apologies. confused on which post you had quoted. I clarify later if it makes any difference. :D

doomy3
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
It's interesting, although not surprising, that this thread has 62 posts, and not one person has commented on the last quote in the OP about the offense clicking and Matt Cassel looking good. If that said the opposite, you can bet that we'd have the same usual suspects beating that horse.

chefsos
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
It's interesting, although not surprising, that this thread has 62 posts, and not one person has commented on the last quote in the OP about the offense clicking and Matt Cassel looking good. If that said the opposite, you can bet that we'd have the same usual suspects beating that horse.It's because that falls under the "Stupid shit Dwayne Bowe says" umbrella.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Jesus Christ. How can someone take this as a negative article? Take a hit and lighten up. Or just kill yourself for being so retarded.
he was a lying,cheated fuckhead last year and in this article he admits it

if you can't figure that out then it's because you don't WANT to

Fruit Ninja
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
MEH, I dont know how water pills help, when i take one and i go out in the sun, go from Full to Empty HELLL of fast. lol they drain the fuck out of you.

R&GHomer
06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Punk signs are when I question players
usually

:spock: Did you not see that rap video? He should shoot the dumb fuck that told him that made him look cool. Seriously, up until that point I really had nothing but high hopes for him, he seemed to be on the verge of becoming something special. I guess he figured he had already made it.... "The Bowe Show" give me a FN break.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
It's interesting, although not surprising, that this thread has 62 posts, and not one person has commented on the last quote in the OP about the offense clicking and Matt Cassel looking good. If that said the opposite, you can bet that we'd have the same usual suspects beating that horse.

That quote went right over thier heads and off the crossbar

BossChief
06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Hmm. What changed?

No Tony G (I think this is overlooked more than most factors, Tony often took opposing defenses top cover man leaving Bowe being covered by teams #2 corner. Last year, he took the opposing teams top guy almost every snap)

LJ = garbage for half the year

Line = garbage most the year

Cassel = garbage most the year

Suspension

all of these contributed to his minor drop-off in production

I expect a big rebound for the guy and a so far career year.

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM

The offense SHOULD be "clicking" when in t-shirts and shorts, playing against air, or in 7-on-7 non-contact drills with no pass rush.

If the offense looked like shit, people would have every right to bitch. If you look like shit against air, the odds of looking like shit against real opponents are pretty good.

Ultimately, as has been discussed before, most of us (people you were targeting with that comment) aren't going to be looking to give credit until we see success when it matters.

OnTheWarpath58
06-22-2010, 06:15 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/6dycls.gif

CoMoChief
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Is Bowe not capable of keeping his ****ing mouth shut?

:spock: What's the big deal w/ the comments he made here?

-King-
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
:spock: What's the big deal w/ the comments he made here?

Because he lied!! ZOMG!!! Gasp! We cannot afford to have liars on this team. We need a team of Tebows!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
"I really think it is going to end up saving my career."

I wonder; does he really get it this time? I hope so. It's time for him to make Cassel shine. Yep; that's what has to happen. That's your job, son. Get crackin'.

DeezNutz
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
No Tony G (I think this is overlooked more than most factors, Tony often took opposing defenses top cover man leaving Bowe being covered by teams #2 corner. Last year, he took the opposing teams top guy almost every snap)

LJ = garbage for half the year

Line = garbage most the year

Cassel = garbage most the year

Suspension

all of these contributed to his minor drop-off in production

I expect a big rebound for the guy and a so far career year.

And, to "prove a point," our HC thought it best that Cassel and Bowe not work together much in pre-season last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-22-2010, 07:55 PM
And, to "prove a point," our HC thought it best that Cassel and Bowe not work together much in pre-season last year.

Well, you know, a guy like Copper is more of a "process guy", so you just have to trust him and trust the process.

go bowe
06-22-2010, 07:56 PM

Just to be clear, I have been a fan since 1991 but still have hopes and dreams every year.1991?

noob...

i've been a fan since 1979 and i even remember the super bowl win, sorta...

notorious
06-22-2010, 08:29 PM
The Pic in the OP is priceless.

It is the very definition of "Dwayne Bowefinger"

el borracho
06-22-2010, 08:34 PM

That comment proves that Bowe did learn something from Gonzalez- how to make pollyanna statements in the preseason.

milkman
06-22-2010, 11:44 PM
1991?

noob...

i've been a fan since 1979 and i even remember the super bowl win, sorta...

STFU n00b.

I've been a fan since they moved to KC, before I could even tie my own shoes.

Psyko Tek
06-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Is Bowe not capable of keeping his fucking mouth shut?
how bout D shut the fuck up bowe

KCrockaholic
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM

What? Facts to back this up?

BigRock
06-22-2010, 11:57 PM
he was a lying,cheated fuckhead last year and in this article he admits it

if you can't figure that out then it's because you don't WANT to

You're seeing things that aren't there. Nothing Bowe said here supports this notion of "I was lying about my grandmammy's water pill, I was actually taking steroids".

A year ago he was lazy, put on weight, and had to resort to drastic measures to get himself back to normal. This year he's saying he's saying he's in great shape and did it the right way.

That's all he said.

BossChief
06-23-2010, 01:32 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/6dycls.gifThanks! I was looking for that.

What? Facts to back this up?
That"s what happened. I like Haley and think he is gonna end up one of our better coaches in awhile, but this was one of his many mistakes as a rookie HC...one I'm sure he learned from.

philfree
06-23-2010, 01:38 AM
You're seeing things that aren't there. Nothing Bowe said here supports this notion of "I was lying about my grandmammy's water pill, I was actually taking steroids".

A year ago he was lazy, put on weight, and had to resort to drastic measures to get himself back to normal. This year he's saying he's saying he's in great shape and did it the right way.

That's all he said.

That's the way I read it.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
06-23-2010, 02:10 AM
That's the way I read it.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ditto.

Bowe is...not very smart.

I don't think he meant to say he was roiding up. I think he means that he feels like he's doing things better this year to prepare himself...

Johnny Vegas
06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Last year he blamed the failed test on his grandma. This article he states that he is doing it right this year which would lead the reader to believe that he did in fact willingly cheat last season as opposed to the gramma story he told.

Couple that with his inability to STFU and his stone hands and he is the perfect Raider.

I take what he means by "doing it right this year" is not doing a crash diet to lose 30lbs in a month. That shit is not healthy.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks! I was looking for that.

That"s what happened. I like Haley and think he is gonna end up one of our better coaches in awhile, but this was one of his many mistakes as a rookie HC...one I'm sure he learned from.

I disagree. It wasn't a mistake for Haley to learn from, it was Bowe that needed to learn that he made a mistake coming in out of shape. It seems he got the message.

BossChief
06-23-2010, 08:54 AM
I disagree. It wasn't a mistake for Haley to learn from, it was Bowe that needed to learn that he made a mistake coming in out of shape. It seems he got the message.

You may be right and I like Haleys unconventional methods of motivation, but I don't agree with the team suffering because of it.

Quarterbacks require timing, in this offense specifically, to be successful and it seems that Haley never let him get accustomed to ANY set of receivers through the whole year.

Hopefully, that isnt replayed this year and he is able to develop a chemistry wit ALL the guys he will be throwing to when the real games start.

baitism
06-23-2010, 08:57 AM
"Bowe lied, Cassell died."

BossChief
06-23-2010, 09:46 AM
I do think its funny that Joel Thorman (and his editors) can't even spell Cassel correctly in print as evidenced in "Matt Cassell is doing well and the draft choices are looking great"

chiefsngop
06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
If he comes in cut up and in shape like he should be, and spent the offseason catching 3 million machine passes....I'll forgive.

But god forbid we have a mediocre QB throwing to a stone hands #1 WR again this year.

milkman
06-23-2010, 10:00 AM
I do think its funny that Joel Thorman (and his editors) can't even spell Cassel correctly in print as evidenced in "Matt Cassell is doing well and the draft choices are looking great"

Ironic, really.

It seems accuracy is an issue even with his name.

DBOSHO
06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I honestly believe that if matt starts tothrow a better deep ball, bowe will be back into the 1000yd reciever category.

BossChief
06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Ironic, really.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath58
06-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Ironic, really.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM

ROFL :clap: