PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Congress Cancels Budget....

petegz28
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Cancelled: There Will Be No Congressional Budget This Year

Washington (Jun 22)
In light of House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer’s (D-MD) announcement this morning that House Democrats will not pass a budget this year – failing to fulfill what he has called “the most basic responsibility” of governing – the following important fiscal health warning has been issued:

THE BUDGET HAS BEEN

CANCELLED

WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT

THE CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET

PLANNED FOR FISCAL YEAR 2011 HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO WASHINGTON DEMOCRATS’ OUT-OF-CONTROL SPENDING SPREE.

AN APOLOGY FOR THIS BETRAYAL OF AMERICAN TAXPAYERS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE FORTHCOMING AT THIS TIME.

BE ADVISED THAT THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL BE INTERRUPTED:

Imposing the fiscal discipline economists say is needed to create jobs and boost our economy

Reining in the out-of-control spending spree that is killing American jobs

Carrying out the “most basic responsibility of governing”

Stopping middle-class tax hikes that will sock family budgets at the worst possible time

Providing the leadership on jobs and the economy that Americans say is sorely lacking

Protecting our kids and grandkids from the enormous debt burden Washington has placed on them

We reserve the right to notify you of additional consequences that may arise in light of this budget failure, which is unprecedented in the modern era. In the interim, please brace for more spending, more debt, more tax hikes, more broken promises.

For families and small businesses looking for a government that listens to the people it serves and respects their hard-earned money, House Republicans are offering better solutions to cut spending now and help small businesses put people back to work.

http://gopleader.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=191653

Ebolapox
06-22-2010, 10:25 PM
ROFL

HonestChieffan
06-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Same program they have in Illinois....Dems hate budgets

Taco John
06-22-2010, 10:48 PM
This has to be the most embarassing thing I've seen come out of Congress in all my life, and that's even considering a congressman who got busted soliciting blowjobs in airport bathrooms from other men.

Guru
06-22-2010, 11:40 PM
So they looked at it and said "HOLY SHEEEEEEET!!!!!! We won't even try."

Chiefshrink
06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Of course they(Marxist Dems) will not submit a budget. Too much bad PR right now and would especially be guaranteed "disasterous PR" if the public saw the "real numbers" of what the WH wants right before the elections.:shake:

Chiefshrink
06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
So they looked at it and said "HOLY SHEEEEEEET!!!!!! We won't even try."

Absolutely correct!!!

Hog Farmer
06-23-2010, 04:24 AM
I told you so !!!!!

redsurfer11
06-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Do the Budget and let America see their true faces. Before an Election. Not going to happen. Every Democrat in the nation would be attached to that disaster. They'd ALL get voted out.

Saggysack
06-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Hoyer said today that instead of passing a budget resolution, the House is working to adopt a budget enforcement resolution, which will call for even more spending cuts than the president's budget.
It will also, he said, reaffirm Congress' commitment to PAYGO rules and endorse the goals of President Obama's bipartisan deficit commission, an 18-member panel charged with creating a plan to bring down the deficit to 3 percent of the economy by 2015.

"It isn't possible to debate and pass a realistic, long-term budget until we've considered the bipartisan commission's deficit-reduction plan, which is expected in December," Hoyer said. "I believe that Congress must take up and vote on that plan."

A traditional budget, by contrast, would also lay out the majority party's fiscal policy for years to come.

"This budget enforcement resolution will enforce fiscal discipline in the near term while the fiscal commission works on a long-term plan to get our country back to fiscal health," Hoyer said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20008456-503544.html

petegz28
06-23-2010, 06:46 AM

Sounds like a lot of political BS to me. How you can enforce a budget when there is no budget to enforce???

HonestChieffan
06-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Dem speak for "Screw the public"

mlyonsd
06-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Is there precedence for this?

petegz28
06-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I am still perplexed at Hoyers' statement on passing a "budget enforcement resolution"? How does that bring even "more spending cuts"? Don't you have to have a budget to enforce and cut from in the first place?

RaiderH8r
06-23-2010, 08:36 AM
This has to be the most embarassing thing I've seen come out of Congress in all my life, and that's even considering a congressman who got busted soliciting blowjobs in airport bathrooms from other men.

Or the Congressman who ran a gay prostitute out of his house on the Hill.

banyon
06-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Of course they(Marxist Dems) will not submit a budget. Too much bad PR right now and would especially be guaranteed "disasterous PR" if the public saw the "real numbers" of what the WH wants right before the elections.:shake:

Er, if they were "Marxists", they would just make the budget and tell us to accept it whether we liked it or not at the point of a gun.

banyon
06-23-2010, 09:17 AM
This has been news for a while, as Hoyer tried to defend this on last weeks "This Week" on ABC. This pretty much puts the cherry on top for me of why I absolutely despise the current Dem leadership. "Ooh it's tough, so we need to pass". F*ck Pelosi, and f*ck this clown too.

How can you convince the American public of being the party of fiscal responsiblity and economic recovery when you won't even *attempt* to formulate a budget.

If they had guts or any political mettle, then submit the budget, let Republicans filibuster it again and shut it down like 94. People will get angry again when they understand you can't just not fund anything.

petegz28
06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
This has been news for a while, as Hoyer tried to defend this on last weeks "This Week" on ABC. This pretty much puts the cherry on top for me of why I absolutely despise the current Dem leadership. "Ooh it's tough, so we need to pass". F*ck Pelosi, and f*ck this clown too.

How can you convince the American public of being the party of fiscal responsiblity and economic recovery when you won't even *attempt* to forumlate a budget.

If they had guts or any political mettle, then submit the budget, let Republicans filibuster it again and shut it down like 94. People will get angry again when they understand you can't just not fund anything.

Have to give you some rep on this.

petegz28
06-23-2010, 09:22 AM
This seems to me that they want to open things up to just spend on a whimb at any given moment.

Hydrae
06-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Without a budget, how do you allocate funds? How does the government continue to function? Obviously there must be something I am missing here because not having a budget to me means no government. Can someone point me in the direction of enlightenment on this issue?

Bill Parcells
06-23-2010, 11:46 AM

How can you convince the American public of being the party of fiscal responsiblity and economic recovery when you won't even *attempt* to formulate a budget.

They'll just keep blaming Bush for everything until the day they die

ROFL

Bill Parcells
06-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Without a budget, how do you allocate funds? How does the government continue to function? Obviously there must be something I am missing here because not having a budget to me means no government. Can someone point me in the direction of enlightenment on this issue?

Even the smallest cities and towns have budgets. this is such a joke that it makes me physically ill. I wonder if theyre gonna give themselves a nice big raise the day after the elections?

RaiderH8r
06-23-2010, 11:54 AM

They'll do continuing resolutions until either the lame duck session or into next Congress when they'll do an Omnibus approps bill. All of which will basically extend this year's budget/spending into next year. There can and will be tweaks here and there (across the board increase or decrease in spending, agency specific increases or decreases etc).

They don't want to do the budget because that puts the onus on the D's. They want to wait until the Debt Commission comes out with their report to give Congressional Dems cover to do some stuff that will be unpopular but because the Debt Commission said so it won't be the Members' fault they have to do mean stuff and reneg on promises, the Debt Commission made them do it. It is a disgusting f'ing song and dance the left is doing. I'd like to point out that Congress has a Debt Commission, its called the Budget Committee. Asses.

banyon
06-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Under arcane budget rules, Congress is supposed to pass a nonbinding budget blueprint that sets the parameters for subsequent tax and spending bills. Political pressures, however, often mean that Congress fails to accomplish the task in election years.

The short-term budget plan would allow Democrats to begin advancing the 12 annual spending bills that typically dominate floor action in the summertime. It's become increasingly clear, however, that few of the bills will become law Election Day, which would set the stage for an omnibus spending bill in a post-election lame duck session.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gBPaHA8wyvhZsKWPW8Uxp30QpfqgD9GH3DN80

KC Dan
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm thinking about telling my Director that I'm not going to get next fiscal's (starts Oct 1st) installation budget in before July as I have other things to do and we can just wing it. I'm sure it will be no problem......

F'N Ridiculous if any of those clowns get reelected.

HonestChieffan
06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
And people cant understand why government is inefficient, ineffective and run by incompetents

Chief Faithful
06-23-2010, 01:14 PM

All this means is taxes will go up.

talastan
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
All this means is taxes will go up.

On EVERYONE below and above the $250,000 a year mark, the delay is to figure out how far down the income ladder they have to raise taxes and still maintain getting votes.

mlyonsd
06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
The politics are not complicated. Democratic leaders do not want to send members home to face their constituents after voting for a budget that would take the deficit to record levels. But the spending trajectory established by Barack Obama—and rapidly growing entitlements—leaves them little choice. The administration’s own proposal, offered in February, runs a deficit of 7-10 percent of the U.S. gross domestic product for the next nine-year budget window. That’s unsustainable and irresponsible. So rather than vote for such a grotesquely distended budget, Democrats reason, better to simply skip the vote and shrug off whatever criticism comes.

This isn’t speculation. Representative Gerry Connolly, a Democrat from Northern Virginia with a competitive race this fall, confirmed the strategy in an interview with the Los Angeles Times. “I’m not going to vote for anything with that magnitude [of deficit],” he said. He’s betting his constituents won’t care. “Name one person who won or lost an election because they didn’t get a budget resolution passed. It’s totally inside baseball.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/dereliction-duty

Ebolapox
06-23-2010, 04:19 PM
fucking criminals. the lot of them.

Otter
06-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking about telling my Director that I'm not going to get next fiscal's (starts Oct 1st) installation budget in before July as I have other things to do and we can just wing it. I'm sure it will be no problem......

F'N Ridiculous if any of those clowns get reelected.

It's hypocrisy to hold a body you govern to rules you're exempt. The 'do as I say, not as I do' style of leadership does nothing but build contempt towards the leaders.

Hopefully Americans learn something from this disaster of the last several years.

I doubt it though.

ChiefaRoo
06-23-2010, 09:25 PM
It's shameful.