PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV NFL Sunday Ticket 2010...JFC.

Dicky McElephant
06-24-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl?footernavtype=-1

The Good:

Superfan is no longer a package that you have to pay extra for. They include it NFL Sunday Ticket.....about fucking time.

The Bad:

Watching games online is no longer included for free. The bastards now charge you an extra $9.99 to do this.

The Ugly:

They've raised the rates YET again. NFL Sunday Ticket is $314.93 or 7 easy payments of $44.99.

OnTheWarpath58
06-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the reminder - I need to call them.

I got Superfan for free last year and was given monthly credit on my bill that effectively made Sunday Ticket cost $200.

I was promised that I'd get the same deal in 2010, and have the documentation to prove it.

Guess I need to call and make sure they honor it.

Dicky McElephant
06-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the reminder - I need to call them.

I got Superfan for free last year and was given monthly credit on my bill that effectively made Sunday Ticket cost $200.

I was promised that I'd get the same deal in 2010, and have the documentation to prove it.

Guess I need to call and make sure they honor it.

I would be.

I'm going to try and call in and see what kind of a deal I can get on it this year. I don't know what they're going to do for me though.

Al Bundy
06-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I do miss DirecTV

vailpass
06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Call DirecTV Customer Service.

Let the CS rep know you have been considering cancelling your DirecTV subscription and the Ticket price increase is the last straw.
Get passed on to Customer Retention, be polite. If they ask why you are calling
tell them "I told the CS rep that I was unhappy with the raise in the Ticket price and am considering cancelling my subscription, then she said she had to pass me on to you. If I sound irritated please know it isn't directed at you personally I'm just not happy here".

Then let them talk. Don't ask for anything, let them tell you what they can do for you. If it makes you happy say "I know you are doing your best here, I'm willing to try what you suggest" If you aren't happy say "that's a good start, what else can be done?"

Guru
06-24-2010, 06:38 PM
$314.93 Jesus, I could get cheap seats for the season at Arrowhead almost for that.

vailpass
06-24-2010, 06:46 PM
$314.93 Jesus, I could get cheap seats for the season at Arrowhead almost for that.

I hear you OTOH the ticket gives you excellent seats at every game every week. Sitting outside on a Sunday firing up games all day is something to which I very much look forward.
Then again I'm stuck in a city with SHIT for tailgating.

Buck
06-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Thats lame. At first the paying for online sounded like a good tradeoff for the Superfan, until you said they raised it.

Just bitch and complain that you are leaving.

Der Flöprer
06-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Holy fuck. It's 9.99 a month, effectively making the ticket almost $375 if you want access to your laptop and smart phone. That is fucking retarded.

Fruit Ninja
06-24-2010, 07:13 PM
lol, ya, thats expensive as fuck. I will do the threaten to cancel thing and it will get lowered. If not, then i will tell them, fuck you and fuck the NFL.

I love the Chiefs, but not that much. Rather pay some online streaming sight a few bucks.

Silock
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
That is fucking ridiculous.

Guru
06-24-2010, 07:19 PM
I wish they would allow people to access the online streaming without being a Direct TV customer. I would consider paying for that if it was a fair price. $50 or less.

Der Flöprer
06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I wish they would allow people to access the online streaming without being a Direct TV customer. I would consider paying for that if it was a fair price. $50 or less.

If they did that, they'd lose half or more of their customers. No way they'd offer it for less to non DTV customers than the people that pay them for tv service every month.

Guru
06-24-2010, 07:38 PM
If they did that, they'd lose half or more of their customers. No way they'd offer it for less to non DTV customers than the people that pay them for tv service every month.

They have to account for the drop in quality though.

This Direct TV crap has to stop and open it up to everyone.

crispystl420
06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I have heard if you threaten to cancel they will give you a great deal. I am considering canceling anyway, not just to create leverage, so I think I might be able to haggle a little.

Dicky McElephant
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
What they need to do is make it so you can order games for a certain team.

I would gladly pay $150 to see just the Chief's games. I could give a fuck less about any other team in the NFL.

Der Flöprer
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
They have to account for the drop in quality though.

This Direct TV crap has to stop and open it up to everyone.

I don't disagree. But it's not going to happen unfortunately. Everyone is pretty happy with the status quo. Except for those of us that don't want DTV of course.

ElGringo
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I always had Sunday Ticket when in the states, and if still there, would probably bite the big one and renew again even with the increase in price. Since I have moved to Mexico, and only recently discovered their Sky TV offers Sunday Ticket, I have been watching every week, streaming through the web, at good quality, and for free. I had thought about contacting Sky TV and asking about pricing, but seeing as I would only be home enough to watch football, nothing else, seems like a waste of money at this point.

Guru
06-24-2010, 08:19 PM
I wonder how many more years it will be before all of football goes pay per view or DTV.

jspchief
06-24-2010, 10:23 PM
When i Called to cancel last year, they dropped my cost to $30 per month, and when I said I still wanted to cancel they went down to $20 per month. Then I asked her why they were initially trying to gouge me for $45 when they felt my continued business warranted that big of a discount.

Fuck them.

notorious
06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl?footernavtype=-1

NFL Sunday Ticket is $314.93 or 7 easy payments of $44.99.

JFC.

Sunday Ticket was $99 bucks when they started this shit 20 years ago.

Chocolate Hog
06-24-2010, 11:05 PM
JustinsTV is still free.

KCrockaholic
06-24-2010, 11:22 PM
What they need to do is make it so you can order games for a certain team.

I would gladly pay $150 to see just the Chief's games. I could give a **** less about any other team in the NFL.

This. But I think they know they will make more money doing it the way they do it now. Or would they?

Either way, in the future I expect to see a deal like this. It would be dumb not to have a deal like that.

BigMeatballDave
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM
JustinsTV is still free.And mostly unwatchable

Stryker
06-25-2010, 07:31 AM
I ordered mine yesterday and got it for $245.00. I did 2 side computer repair jobs and made $160 so I just paid up front and got it for $85 out of pocket!

It is getting ridiculisly over priced each year but if I can negotiate the price and make it work in my favor then I will continue to get it each season. I too do not care about the extras they throw in to make the price attractive. I live in Louisiana and just want to see my Chiefs play each Sunday.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
This. But I think they know they will make more money doing it the way they do it now. Or would they?

Either way, in the future I expect to see a deal like this. It would be dumb not to have a deal like that.

I have to believe that they would make more money if they offered both. You'd still get the people who are diehard FF fans.....and will pay to watch all of the teams. But you'll also get those people who don't want to buy the whole thing....but just want their team's games.

underEJ
06-25-2010, 12:12 PM
I have to believe that they would make more money if they offered both. You'd still get the people who are diehard FF fans.....and will pay to watch all of the teams. But you'll also get those people who don't want to buy the whole thing....but just want their team's games.

I ask about this every year, and they respond that they want to do it, but they can't until the current contracts are renegotiated. I just canceled yesterday.

For the first time in a dozen or more years I won't have it. The price I could usually get out of them had previously averaged out to less than I would likely spend going to a sports bar to watch, but this year I couldn't get them to discount it any.

I dropped 3 sports subscriptions and the premier package all in the same day, and they called me an hour later and basically spent ten minutes calling me cheap and telling me I would regret it, and that they would charge me even more when I come begging for my NFL. Really sad.

I basically dropped $1000 or more per year in programming, so I can buy 4 or 5 tickets to KC to use my season tickets. Thanks for the kick in the ass Directv! I think this is for the best.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm going to have to call in and see what they can offer me. It's not like I can't just cancel and move over to Uverse. I already have Uverse internet.....so it wouldn't be anything major to get TV through them as well.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I really dont understand why most people dont go to a sport bar that has Sunday Ticket, and watch there, and just eat and drink. It would prolly be about the same every week compared to buying Sunday NFL ticket.

Bob Dole
06-25-2010, 12:48 PM
I really dont understand why most people dont go to a sport bar that has Sunday Ticket, and watch there, and just eat and drink. It would prolly be about the same every week compared to buying Sunday NFL ticket.

Are you kidding? $40 minimum a week for lunch, 6 hours worth of beer and dinner x 16 weeks is $640. $960 is closer to reality.

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 12:54 PM
On the phone with DTV as I type...

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
The bitch I spoke to last year didn't bother to note the account, but the CSR I'm working with is taking care of it.

An instant $99 credit to effectively match the $200 I paid for ST last year.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
The bitch I spoke to last year didn't bother to note the account, but the CSR I'm working with is taking care of it.

An instant $99 credit to effectively match the $200 I paid for ST last year.

It doesn't surprise me that she didn't note the account. DirectTV has some of the shittiest CSRs working for them.

Shit...last year when I called in...I got some chick who didn't even ask why I wanted to cancel....she just said Ok and that was it.

Frazod
06-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Too bad they don't offer reduced rate packages per team. I only get Sunday Ticket for the Chiefs, and almost never watch anybody else.

Of course, I'm sure they know that.

$300 a year to watch something that's half commercials. Souless fucks. But what other option is there? I believe AC/DC wrote a song about it.

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
It doesn't surprise me that she didn't note the account. DirectTV has some of the shittiest CSRs working for them.

Shit...last year when I called in...I got some chick who didn't even ask why I wanted to cancel....she just said Ok and that was it.

This guy was one of the better CSR's I've dealt with in over 10+ years as a DTV customer.

He flat out told me to have my friends that have canceled or are considering canceling Sunday Ticket to call, ask for Retention, and "say the right things."

The longer you've been a customer, the more they'll be willing to do for you.

And FWIW, he said that the NFL dictates pricing, not DTV. Makes sense when you consider they will never actually cut the price of the package, or your monthly payments, but will issue a service credit to effectively lower the cost.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Too bad they don't offer reduced rate packages per team. I only get Sunday Ticket for the Chiefs, and almost never watch anybody else.

$300 a year to watch something that's half commercials. Souless fucks. But what other option is there? I believe AC/DC wrote a song about it.

This. I would pre-order it every year if I could just buy the Chief's games. Right now I watch my fantasy players after the Chief's game is over or before it starts.....but that's not worth $300.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
This guy was one of the better CSR's I've dealt with in over 10+ years as a DTV customer.

He flat out told me to have my friends that have canceled or are considering canceling Sunday Ticket to call, ask for Retention, and "say the right things."

The longer you've been a customer, the more they'll be willing to do for you.

And FWIW, he said that the NFL dictates pricing, not DTV. Makes sense when you consider they will never actually cut the price of the package, or your monthly payments, but will issue a service credit to effectively lower the cost.

What are the "right things"?

How long have you been a customer? I've been one since before 2006 but those lying bastards always tell me that I've only been one since 2008.

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 01:21 PM

I told him that I know countless people that would pay a discounted rate for just their team's games, or have the option to Pay-Per-View.

I got the impression that DTV would love to offer it, but the NFL pulls the strings.

Makes sense. DTV never discounts the actual ST package, so the league gets their money regardless. It's DTV that is losing subscribers - or giving service credit to retain customers - and biting the bullet.

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 01:25 PM
What are the "right things"?

How long have you been a customer? I've been one since before 2006 but those lying bastards always tell me that I've only been one since 2008.

10+ years. Started in May of 2000.

I guess they take longer-term customers more seriously when they threaten to cancel, and I'm sure it depends on the CSR as well. Probably depends on how much you spend a month as well.

The key is making sure you're talking to someone in the Retention department. You'll never get a deal talking to a general CSR. And be polite as hell.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:29 PM
10+ years. Started in May of 2000.

I guess they take longer-term customers more seriously when they threaten to cancel, and I'm sure it depends on the CSR as well. Probably depends on how much you spend a month as well.

The key is making sure you're talking to someone in the Retention department. You'll never get a deal talking to a general CSR. And be polite as hell.

I'm almost always polite with DirectTV. I've been with them since around 2004-2005 and the wife and I usually have a bill of around $100 each month.

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm almost always polite with DirectTV. I've been with them since around 2004-2005 and the wife and I usually have a bill of around $100 each month.

Same here, just been doing it longer.

I'd call and if the retention CSR balks at all, ask to speak to their supervisor.

Then proceed to tell the supervisor that you're disappointed that DTV is willing to lose a long time, loyal customer over $100.

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Did you just ask for Retention right away.....or did you talk with a general CSR first?

OnTheWarpath58
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Did you just ask for Retention right away.....or did you talk with a general CSR first?

Retention right away.

Everything is voice-prompted now, so when "automated female" asks what I'm calling about, I just said, "retention."

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Well....it looks like I'll have to give them a call this afternoon.

dirk digler
06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
What was the cost last year?

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
What was the cost last year?

I want to say it was around $270-$275.

ElGringo
06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
JustinsTV is still free.

Between unwatchable, lag, and new country restrictions, I can not do this anymore. There are however streams for every game every week, usually with streamtorrent.

dirk digler
06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I want to say it was around $270-$275.

Thanks. I went back to DTV this past year and I had a special offer so I didn't know how much it actually was.

So basically they upped the price because they added in the SuperFan package which was $20\month.

alanm
06-25-2010, 02:41 PM
I've had it since 2000. Aufweidezen Sunday Ticket. It just isn't worth it anymore. :shake:

Short Leash Hootie
06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
for the guy with the sports bar comment...

Even if it were a cheaper option...you don't get the audio on the games and you don't have the comfort of watching the game in your own living room...

Trust me...I have to go the sports bar route and I'm a regular at the place I go to...it's a great spot...30+ 50" HDTV's...the know I'm a Chiefs fan so they have a game ready for me every Sunday...beers are $1.50 per draft and they have a Sunday $2 burger special...

I was still annoyed every week that I couldn't get the games from home...NO MATTER WHAT...because the place I rent from gets A TON OF MONEY from Comcast not to allow any satellite dishes...

I would literally pay $20 per game on PPV...probably even $29.99...

I would pay $30 per week to watch the Chiefs on PPV...without even blinking...

but NO, you just have to have direcTV...

so annoying

Short Leash Hootie
06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
and as for it being a cheaper option...it definitely isn't...at least not for a lush like me...

If I am going to sit at a waitresses table with my laptop from 11:30 to 11:30 every Sunday...the tip alone is probably more expensive than paying for the Ticket since I'm going to want good service the next week, and the next week, etc. etc. etc.

There were two Sundays last year where I spent over $300 over the course of the day at this bar...(not that I remember much of it)...

Drinking all day and knowing all the bartenders turns into a BAD combination for my wallet at the end of the night.

dirk digler
06-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I was still annoyed every week that I couldn't get the games from home...NO MATTER WHAT...because the place I rent from gets A TON OF MONEY from Comcast not to allow any satellite dishes...

That is illegal. Per the FCC you can't be denied access to satellite service.

Short Leash Hootie
06-25-2010, 03:12 PM
That is illegal. Per the FCC you can't be denied access to satellite service.

Hmm...

That's interesting.

Supposedly (according to a leasing manager who works there) Comcast gave the owners $100 per apartment, per building to deny Dish Network or DirecTV to set up any sort of equipment (basically forcing tenants to use Comcast)...

He was telling me one owner got a check for $50,000 alone...

Short Leash Hootie
06-25-2010, 03:13 PM
maybe I'll get a hold of my next lease and see if that's in the contract somewhere

Dicky McElephant
06-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Hmm...

That's interesting.

Supposedly (according to a leasing manager who works there) Comcast gave the owners $100 per apartment, per building to deny Dish Network or DirecTV to set up any sort of equipment (basically forcing tenants to use Comcast)...

He was telling me one owner got a check for $50,000 alone...

Denying or making it nearly impossible to get it?

In my old apartments....they didn't deny it....but they made it so it was nearly impossible to get a satellite dish. You couldn't physically attach it to anything on the balcony....you couldn't remove any branches that would get in the way. Plus you had to put a deposit down for any damages that the dish would cause the property.

Short Leash Hootie
06-25-2010, 03:24 PM
well I sent a text to my friend and I guess they get around it because it takes away from the "look" of the building...

I'm not quite sure anyone ever presses them for it...

They ask, they say no, they say ok fine, we'll get Comcast...

Comcast is the best deal, anyways...

I have 5 roommates and we get the sports package, HBO, Showtime, high speed internet...4 DVR boxes, 3 boxes with no DVR but all of the channels...all for $120 a month (or $20 a person)...

I just wish I could stream the games even online...I'd pay $30 a game to get an HD version like MLB.TV does...

I would literally pay $380 a season to get Chiefs games that weren't on TV...$30 a game...no problems...it would literally save me $50 every week (I generally spend about $80 over the course of the day at a sports bar)...and I'd get audio, wouldn't have annoying people yelling the whole day around me...and I could lay around naked or with no pants on...scratch my nuts...order a $5 pizza from Papa Johns...and lay in bed all day and be able to yell at the TV etc. etc. etc.

Short Leash Hootie
06-25-2010, 03:41 PM
according to my friend...they actually put that in all of their leases...no satellites

Guru
06-25-2010, 04:39 PM
according to my friend...they actually put that in all of their leases...no satellites

Well, if you are on the right side of the building with a deck you can put one in a 5 gallon bucket. You have to take it inside every day and you have to have a clear shot. But at some places it is possible to work.

dirk digler
06-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Hootie what they are doing is illegal period.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Effective January 22, 1999, the Commission amended the rule so that it also applies to rental property where the renter has an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/21/nyregion/fcc-lets-apartment-renters-install-satellite-dishes.html
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpolicy/2007-10-31-fcc-cable-apartments_N.htm

As far as ST prices I thought it was pretty high until I calculated that it costs $19.69\game which really isn't bad. You would probably save quite a bit of money.

dirk digler
06-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Q: What types of restrictions are prohibited?
A: The rule prohibits restrictions that impair a person's ability to install, maintain, or use an antenna covered by the rule. The rule applies to state or local laws or regulations, including zoning, land-use or building regulations, private covenants, homeowners' association rules, condominium or cooperative association restrictions, lease restrictions, or similar restrictions on property within the exclusive use or control of the antenna user where the user has an ownership or leasehold interest in the property. A restriction impairs if it: (1) unreasonably delays or prevents use of; (2) unreasonably increases the cost of; or (3) precludes a person from receiving or transmitting an acceptable quality signal from an antenna covered under the rule. The rule does not prohibit legitimate safety restrictions or restrictions designed to preserve designated or eligible historic or prehistoric properties, provided the restriction is no more burdensome than necessary to accomplish the safety or preservation purpose.

dirk digler
06-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Who do I call if my town, community association or landlord is enforcing an invalid restriction? A: Call the Federal Communications Commission at (888) CALLFCC (888-225-5322)

Johnny Vegas
06-27-2010, 07:46 PM
no complaints here. I paid full 2 months ago. Its really not that much money to watch your favorite team plus all the others and have them all in HD. I'll also pay the online service. Whats $10 a month? I paid the 7 monthly payments last year and I felt like I couldn't get away from a $200 bill every month so paying if full I'll pay less than $100 a month now.

RustShack
06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I wish I was rich.

okcchief
06-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Last year I called to cancel because it wasn't worth it to me anymore. They kept offering credits until it was down to $150 including Superfan. They will do that again or I will cancel it and go to Dish Network who is WAY the fuck lower right now.

Does anyone have Dish? Is it shitty or about the same as DTV?

Der Flöprer
06-29-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166151

Swanman
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I recently moved and had to go to the dark side and get Comcast (nothing but thick trees along my entire southern exposure). I will miss Sunday Ticket but that was the only thing keeping me with them when I was in my old condo.

I called Directv to cancel my account and the sumbitches hit me with a $180 early cancellation fee because of a regular HD box (which they probably pay $10 for given the shitty construction of the box) that I activated in early 2009 stuck me into a 24-month contract. I understand cancellation fees are all part of the contract, but I had been a loyal customer for almost 10 years and purchased shitloads of premium services every year (Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, NCAA Tourney package, NBA League Pass). So for that, f**k them. Hopefully at some point Sunday Ticket gets opened to other carriers.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm currently on the phone right now...

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I tried the idea on the Saints forum and the chick said that she doesn't even show that I've had NFL Sunday Ticket in the past.

Asked to transferred to Retention.....got transferred to Sales.

JFC.

Der Flöprer
06-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I tried the idea on the Saints forum and the chick said that she doesn't even show that I've had NFL Sunday Ticket in the past.

Asked to transferred to Retention.....got transferred to Sales.

JFC.

:spock: Gotta love $11 hr. call center employees.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Sweet......yet again I didn't get transferred to Retention.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Finally over to Retention........she's going to go talk to her "Supervisor".

Der Flöprer
06-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Are you under contract? I'd flat out tell her that you're aware of people getting this deal and if they can't match it for you, you'll take it as a personal slight and an indicator that DTV doesn't value you the way they obviously value other customers.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Are you under contract? I'd flat out tell her that you're aware of people getting this deal and if they can't match it for you, you'll take it as a personal slight and an indicator that DTV doesn't value you the way they obviously value other customers.

Yeah.....I'm under contract. I've got some other stuff that I can bring up.

I'll bring up that I moved back in March and that I wasted an entire day waiting for the installer to come out....only to have him say that he wouldn't install it for me. I then had to take another day off of work to have someone else come out and install it. I called in after that...and all I got was some stupid little $5 credit on my account.

Dayze
06-29-2010, 12:00 PM

exactly what I did. I tried it once when I was under contract and they didn't do anything for me. tried it again the year after when I wasn't under contract and got a great deal.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

DirectTV just earned my business for the rest of my life.

The NFL Sunday Ticket package is 7 payments of $49.99.

They're giving me a credit of $10.00 a month for a full year. Then they're giving me Starz free for 6 months. And then to top it off....they're giving me a one time credit of $250 to stay on with DirecTV.

Yeah....you read that right. I just basically got NFL Sunday Ticket for free.

Dayze
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

They're giving me a credit of $10.00 a month for a full year. Then they're giving me Starz free for 6 months. And then to top it off....they're giving me a one time credit of $250 to stay on with DirecTV.

:clap:
sweet.

Der Flöprer
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Wow. You just came out better than most people have on this thing. Great fucking job! That's a home run.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh and I got the online access for free as well.

OnTheWarpath58
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

You cocksucker.

You're welcome for the advice. LMAO

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2010, 02:28 PM
You cocksucker.

You're welcome for the advice. LMAO

:D I was going to do the same thing as last year but I never expected to get THIS much of a credit.

Now watch....I'll call in next season and tell them I'm going to cancel....and they'll shut it off right there.

Guru
06-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Holy. ****ing. Shit.

Looks like everyone will spend Sundays at your house.

Short Leash Hootie
06-29-2010, 07:56 PM
so now you can pay full price next year and not bitch and moan since you're getting an entire year free...

So just put aside half of what you would have gladly paid and then pay the whole bill next year without bitching about direcTV...since like OTWP says...the NFL dictates all of the pricing.

KCwolf
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
If you've been a long time DTV customer ..... they WILL take care of you. $25 off for 12 months. Did alot of damage to the $350 Sunday Ticket Bill.....granted it takes a year to pay off....but still. Seems they do want your business and are gratefully pleased with the $80/month they receive and will help pay for Sunday Ticket. Got the Family DVR service for free ($99) in the same phone call which made me feel a little better. No Doubt the price is REeeeeediculous....but a Chiefs fan in Oregon has little choice.

Swanman
06-30-2010, 09:12 AM
If you've been a long time DTV customer ..... they WILL take care of you. $25 off for 12 months. Did alot of damage to the $350 Sunday Ticket Bill.....granted it takes a year to pay off....but still. Seems they do want your business and are gratefully pleased with the $80/month they receive and will help pay for Sunday Ticket. Got the Family DVR service for free ($99) in the same phone call which made me feel a little better. No Doubt the price is REeeeeediculous....but a Chiefs fan in Oregon has little choice.

They take care of you until you cancel (as I had to do with my move), then they give you a stiff one in the pooper no matter how long you had been a loyal customer.

DTLB58
06-30-2010, 09:43 AM

1) Sometimes I actually like to hear wtf is going on.
2) At home I can rewind with my dvr if I chose to see a play again.
3) Don't have to leave my house in bad weather/comfort of my own home.
4) I can change the channel to any of the other close games I want to watch or to the games of interest for my fantasy players.

Dicky McElephant
06-30-2010, 10:21 AM
so now you can pay full price next year and not bitch and moan since you're getting an entire year free...

So just put aside half of what you would have gladly paid and then pay the whole bill next year without bitching about direcTV...since like OTWP says...the NFL dictates all of the pricing.

And honestly....I have no problem doing that. I guarantee you they raise the price again though.

Johnny Vegas
07-01-2010, 01:06 AM
last year I paid $269.94 as well as $99 for the Superfan. Paying $368.94 total last year vs. $314.93 for Ticket with Superfan this year is a hell of a drop in price and still get HD games, but if you want to watch online then an additional $69.93 for 7 months. So a total of $384.86 for 7 months of full service Sunday ticket. An increase of $15.92 this year if you include the online monthly payment or a decrease of $54.01 without the online feature. You can argue that without the HD its cheaper last year than this year, but why get Sunday Ticket and not have HD for it?

hayleyfrasa
07-01-2010, 11:00 PM
You're welcome for the advice

Dicky McElephant
07-02-2010, 10:16 AM
You're welcome for the advice

:rolleyes:

GoTrav
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
no reason to get this since NFL launched the Red Zone channel, unless you're a transplant looking to watch your home team. And don't they end up eventually out pricing this package where its just cheaper to drink and watch the games at a bar for an entire season? It's got to be getting close.

Dicky McElephant
07-02-2010, 01:27 PM
no reason to get this since NFL launched the Red Zone channel. And don't they end up eventually pricing this package out when it becomes cheaper to just go drink and watch the games at a bar for an entire season? It's got to be getting close.

It's already been talked about though.

Going to the bar and drinking every weekend is going to end up costing you more in the long run.

Plus the whole Red Zone thing is fine unless you're a Chief's fan. How many times did we get in the Red Zone last year?

GoTrav
07-02-2010, 01:31 PM
It's already been talked about though.

Going to the bar and drinking every weekend is going to end up costing you more in the long run.

Plus the whole Red Zone thing is fine unless you're a Chief's fan. How many times did we get in the Red Zone last year?

missed it but what was the breakdown if you went to your local watering hole every Sunday compared to pounding down a 12 pack on your couch every Sunday?

Dicky McElephant
07-02-2010, 01:35 PM
missed it but what was the breakdown if you went to your local watering hole every Sunday compared to pounding down a 12 pack on your couch every Sunday?

It's obviously going to depend on how much you're drinking while you're there....and then if you're eating. But if you think about it.....

Say you drink 3 or 4 beers while you're there. Average price of beer is what? $4? So that's $16 in beer every week.

Then if you want to eat? $7? $8?

We'll figure it as you're spending $24 every Sunday while you're out watching the game. 16 games in the season. $384.

If you already you have DirectTV....you can probably call and get it cheaper (I did)....to where it's around $200-$225.

Der Flöprer
07-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I can't take bong rips following Mark Castle interceptions in the bar. I'd fucking stroke out by week 6.

Dicky McElephant
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I can't take bong rips following Mark Castle interceptions in the bar. I'd fucking stroke out by week 6.

ROFL

Plus....do you know how impossible it would be for me to find a bar around here that would be willing to televise the Chief's games?

I get stares just for wearing a jersey or having a sticker on my truck.

Der Flöprer
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
ROFL

Plus....do you know how impossible it would be for me to find a bar around here that would be willing to televise the Chief's games?

Drive 4 miles down the street and that would turn into gang signs and gun shots. Tread carefully young man. :p

GoTrav
07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I can't take bong rips following Mark Castle interceptions in the bar. I'd ****ing stroke out by week 6.

lmao

The Bad Guy
07-02-2010, 05:57 PM
no reason to get this since NFL launched the Red Zone channel, unless you're a transplant looking to watch your home team. And don't they end up eventually out pricing this package where its just cheaper to drink and watch the games at a bar for an entire season? It's got to be getting close.

Spend one weekend at the bar and then you'll realize it's nowhere near.

I had to watch Chiefs games at a bar when my wife was at Penn State. I literally dropped 40 bones sitting there for 3 hours.

It cost me well over 500 dollars that year.

underEJ
07-02-2010, 07:07 PM
ROFL

Ha! Where abouts? I know there's some sketchy fans up there. I did surprisingly alright in Oakland. I always wore Chiefs stuff around and to games too. Got a few hollers but more respect.

Before I had Sunday ticket, used to go to the Golden Bear on Lake Shore (not there anymore, but it had very few raider fans in it on sundays because of black outs) and then to the Lafayette Sports Bar and Grill, similar Raider ratio, plus a few Chiefs fans. Since the games are usually in the morning, the Lafayette had a decent breakfast buffet, and I never drank that much right away, and then a little more during the afternoon games. Not too pricey overall.

Then I got the ticket when I got married because two buffets and afternoon drinks added up to more than the price of directv.

This year I am going back to the bar. I called retention and after 12 years of sunday ticket plus 4 years of the nba, and ncaa basketball, they did nothing but accuse me of being cheap. I dropped them like a hot rock. They have called me back 3 times and offered nothing, just told me if I wanted to come back they would still give me the early subscriber discount, AKA "the price I was already unwilling to pay."

Der Flöprer
07-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Ha! Where abouts? I know there's some sketchy fans up there. I did surprisingly alright in Oakland. I always wore Chiefs stuff around and to games too. Got a few hollers but more respect.

Before I had Sunday ticket, used to go to the Golden Bear on Lake Shore (not there anymore, but it had very few raider fans in it on sundays because of black outs) and then to the Lafayette Sports Bar and Grill, similar Raider ratio, plus a few Chiefs fans. Since the games are usually in the morning, the Lafayette had a decent breakfast buffet, and I never drank that much right away, and then a little more during the afternoon games. Not too pricey overall.

Then I got the ticket when I got married because two buffets and afternoon drinks added up to more than the price of directv.

This year I am going back to the bar. I called retention and after 12 years of sunday ticket plus 4 years of the nba, and ncaa basketball, they did nothing but accuse me of being cheap. I dropped them like a hot rock. They have called me back 3 times and offered nothing, just told me if I wanted to come back they would still give me the early subscriber discount, AKA "the price I was already unwilling to pay."

If I got a whiff of them calling me cheap I'd dump the service and pay the early out fee. There's cheap motherfuckers.

Bob Dole
07-02-2010, 10:57 PM
It's obviously going to depend on how much you're drinking while you're there....and then if you're eating. But if you think about it.....

Say you drink 3 or 4 beers while you're there. Average price of beer is what? $4? So that's $16 in beer every week.

Then if you want to eat? $7? $8?

We'll figure it as you're spending $24 every Sunday while you're out watching the game. 16 games in the season. $384.

If you already you have DirectTV....you can probably call and get it cheaper (I did)....to where it's around $200-$225.

Who the fuck can watch this team for 3 hours and drink only 3 or 4 beers?

Johnny Vegas
07-02-2010, 11:09 PM
ROFL

lmao I get that too when I went to bars. I asked the bartender if he could switch to the Chiefs game on a small TV in front where I was sitting. It was above head to the side and not in the main stage of TV's that have your typical big teams like Patriots, Colts, etc..

He wouldn't change the channel at first because it was on on the other tv behind me. I pointed out there were also 5 TV's that have the Packers game on so why is it a problem? Nobody was watching the side of TV's I was facing. He then huffed and puffed about it and changed it. I wanted to tell him to get fucked so bad, but didn't want to get the boot.

I'd rather pay for the games at home than deal with some douchenozzle behind the bar making my drinks bitching because he has to change a channel and also have to deal with occasional shitty ass wait staff where you gotta flag 'em down to get a drink and they expect 20% regardless of their quality of service.

Stewie
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
DTV billed me last month for the $59.99 for Sunday Ticket. I had it last year but it was free for new subscribers. (It was $99/year when I first had DTV.)

They immediately said they'd take $10 off per month, I said no. Then they said they'd take $20 off per month, I said no. They then said I'd get all that plus the Internet feed for free ($50 value, they say). I said no and canceled. If it's worth it to you, JUST SAY NO!

Nzoner
07-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I got it for $239 this year,of course I have to pay $30 extra per month for the additional 6 tv's

okcchief
07-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I got $20 off of it per month on Sunday Ticket plus $10 off my regular bill for a year. So basically I'm paying $60 for it this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-22-2010, 07:27 PM
just called them, i got it for 170 and the sunday NFL ticket to go, with 3 months of free showtime, and free HD for 6 months

kaplin42
07-22-2010, 07:54 PM
This will probably be the last year of ST for me, as it's getting to be that it would be cheaper and more fun just to go to a bar.

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2010, 10:27 PM
This will probably be the last year of ST for me, as it's getting to be that it would be cheaper and more fun just to go to a bar.

How can you get out of a sports bar in California for less than $20 per game including parking?

Parking is $10 dollars alone in Hollywood.

JASONSAUTO
07-22-2010, 11:23 PM
How can you get out of a sports bar in California for less than $20 per game including parking?

shit i walk into a bar in bum fuck missouri and drop at LEAST A 100 dollae bill between me and the wife.

hell we are over a bill in right now.....
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM

If you have had it for a while just call to cancel. I got it last year or about $150 and this year for $60 after all the credits. No way in hell the bar is cheaper than that. It may be more fun but it's definately not cheaper.

kaplin42
07-23-2010, 12:43 PM

Don't go to bars in hollywood? That would be my answer. I live in the valley and there are a number of smaller bars around that I can go to (with free parking).

chief52
07-24-2010, 11:18 AM
My bill arrived and it was $49.99 for 6 months plus $9.99 for 5 months. $350 for the season for the NFL package. I thought the $9.99 was for the HD as it had been last season.

I called and was very nice. I really was not pissed...I was just not going to do it. They ask what my issue was. I told them I do want the NFL package but I am not willing to pay $350 for it. They transferred me. They informed me the $9.99 was for the phone/computer. I told them to cancel that. Then he said he could lower it to $29.99 a month for 6 months. I said that would work.

One phone call and it went from $350 to $180 although I do not have the computer option but did not want it.

chief52
07-24-2010, 11:19 AM
just called them, i got it for 170 and the sunday NFL ticket to go, with 3 months of free showtime, and free HD for 6 months

Damn, I guess I rolled over too easy...$180 with no extra frills,

alanm
07-24-2010, 12:52 PM
My bill arrived and it was $49.99 for 6 months plus $9.99 for 5 months. $350 for the season for the NFL package. I thought the $9.99 was for the HD as it had been last season.

I called and was very nice. I really was not pissed...I was just not going to do it. They ask what my issue was. I told them I do want the NFL package but I am not willing to pay $350 for it. They transferred me. They informed me the $9.99 was for the phone/computer. I told them to cancel that. Then he said he could lower it to $29.99 a month for 6 months. I said that would work.

One phone call and it went from $350 to $180 although I do not have the computer option but did not want it.I'm calling this afternoon when I get back home. I'm not paying $350 to watch the Chiefs this year. If they don't offer to drop to 29.99 a month they can stick it up their ass. I don't care about free movie channels or to watch on the computer or any of those frills I just want them to low ball me to keep me. :D

chief52
07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm calling this afternoon when I get back home. I'm not paying $350 to watch the Chiefs this year. If they don't offer to drop to 29.99 a month they can stick it up their ass. I don't care about free movie channels or to watch on the computer or any of those frills I just want them to low ball me to keep me. :D

They transferred me and the guy offered me that rather quickly. I said I want the NFL package but not at the price. I am not willing to pay that. He said he could knock off $20 a month. $180 for the season...basically $10 a weekend. That is reasonable.

I would definitely call. They seem very willing to drop it.

Buck
01-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Hey I just switched to DirecTV, but its not being installed til next week. If I want to get NFL Sunday Ticket for some kind of cheap rate next year, is there anything I can do or are first time buyers pretty much stuck with full price?

DaFace
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey I just switched to DirecTV, but its not being installed til next week. If I want to get NFL Sunday Ticket for some kind of cheap rate next year, is there anything I can do or are first time buyers pretty much stuck with full price?

You may not be able to get it for ultra-cheap, but you should be able to get at least some discounts. The first year I had it, I added it online in advance (maybe mid-July). Then, when preseason was starting to wrap up, I called them to cancel. This was last year when "superfan" was sold separately, so I used the lame excuse that I thought HD service wasn't included, so they gave it to me for free. I doubt the specific excuse really mattered, though.

From what I can tell, they base the discounts they can give you off of what other discounts you have on your account. So, since you'll still be getting some of your introductory discounts, they might not give you as much. Still, I'd bet you can get up to maybe $100 off if you try.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2011, 09:26 AM
If you wanted the Ticket, you should have waited til next Aug. when they offer their Sunday Ticket Promo.

aturnis
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
The worst thing is, last year, they televised MAYBE one Chiefs game here in Iowa. I go out, spend big money to get ticket, and now this year, they have televised 80% +. KJind of sucks, but whatever.

WV
01-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Go in with a friend......get it on your account and find a friend that wants it then swap one of your secondary boxes.

Dicky McElephant
01-03-2011, 06:09 PM

All you can really do is explain to them that you didn't get the service until after the season was over. Tell them that the only reason you're getting DirectTV is the NFL Sunday Ticket and see what they can do.