PDA

View Full Version : Poop Man shot at Michael Vick's birthday party.

The Franchise
06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/report-quanis-phillips-was-shot-after-confronatation-with-vick/

Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 25, 2010 1:41 PM ET

The news that a man was shot at a 30th birthday party for Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has taken a twist, with reports that Quanis Phillips, one of the co-defendants in the infamous dogfighting case that landed Vick in prison, was the victim in the shooting -- and that he was shot after a confrontation with Vick.

The Daily Press of Hampton Roads (Va.) reports that a spokesman for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital confirmed that Phillips was admitted early this morning and was listed in good condition.

A spokesman for Virginia Beach police said the shooting occurred around 2:10 a.m. ET after a fight broke out at the club where Vick was having a birthday party, just as the club was closing.

According to Daily Press reporter David Squires, Phillips showed up to the party even though Vick is not supposed to be associating with any of his dogfighting co-defendants.

Squires writes that there was a confrontation between Phillips and Vick inside the party, that the confrontation then moved outside, and that's when Phillips was shot.

Vick's lawyer, Larry Woodward, says Vick was not involved and was not present when the shooting occurred.

According to the Daily Press report, there were witnesses who "don't want it to be known if they were witnesses." Police say the victim and witnesses were uncooperative.

In 2004, Vick was present when Phillips allegedly stole a Rolex watch from an airport X-ray belt.

OnTheWarpath15
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
ROFL

Frazod
06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
It wasn't me! It was Brock Middlevick!

seclark
06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
at least they're not killing dogs.
sec

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
These ****ing idiots never learn, do they?

**Edit**

Ok, ok, maybe I lost my cool there and was talking out my ass. I'll admit it. But still....holy **** man......

Sure-Oz
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
LMAO x 2

Bwana
06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
SHOCKING!.....wait

bowener
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM

And then wonder why prisons are full of black males. ****ing jackasses. Where is the good ol Reverend to come defend this dumb **** now?

Really?

Bugeater
06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Sounds like he's really learned his lesson...

SnakeXJones
06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Vick still needs his knee caps shot out still waiting for that request

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Really?

Yes really. All you have to do is stay away from these fucking jackasses that you got in trouble with in the first place. Is that so fucking hard?

What is so difficult about that? There they go, doing stupid shit and getting themselves into trouble AGAIN. After spending time in prison already, you would think you'd learn your lesson.

This close to pissing away your second chance in the NFL after already begging and pleading to back in. This is the kind of situation you put yourself in? This is how you repay the NFL for giving you a second chance at being a Millionaire?

BIG_DADDY
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
LMAO

Bugeater
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes really. All you have to do is stay away from these ****ing jackasses that you got in trouble with in the first place. Is that so ****ing hard?

What is so difficult about that? There they go, doing stupid shit and getting themselves into trouble AGAIN. After spending time in prison already, you would think you'd learn your lesson.

This close to pissing away your second chance in the NFL after already begging and pleading to back in. This is the kind of situation you put yourself in? This is how you repay the NFL for giving you a second chance at being a Millionaire?
Well to be fair, it doesn't say that the guy was invited to the party, just that he showed up. There's nothing in that article that indicates that he is still hanging around the guy.

With that said, with all the trouble that seems to happen in these 'clubs' after midnight, one would think that anyone that is seriously trying to avoid trouble would have their birthday party somewhere else.

Nixhex
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
These fucking idiots never learn, do they?

And then wonder why prisons are full of black males. Fucking jackasses. Where is the good ol Reverend to come defend this dumb fuck now?

I wish your keyboard was in prison.

OnTheWarpath15
06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes really. All you have to do is stay away from these fucking jackasses that you got in trouble with in the first place. Is that so fucking hard?

Second chance?

Hell, this guy's gotten multiple chances.

Ron Mexico.

Flipping off the fans.

The water bottle dope smuggling incident.

Defaulting on millions of dollars in loans.

And that was all before getting caught dogfighting and spending time in prison for it.

Dude's gotten nothing but chances, and he keeps fucking them up.

BIG_DADDY
06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
In all fairness we don't know if this jacko new somebody that knew somebody and decided to invite himself. That being said I have no idea what he is doing throwing a party in a club. Vick should be on the straight an narrow.

ClevelandBronco
Yes really. All you have to do is stay away from these ****ing jackasses that you got in trouble with in the first place. Is that so ****ing hard?

Unfortunately, Vick isn't smart enough to understand any of that.

MOhillbilly
is vick still on parole or probation?

BIG_DADDY
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
is vick still on parole or probation?

I'm sure. I don't think they release anyone without sticking them with at least a 3 year trailor.

The Poz
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
This Phillips is a thief and a dog killer. Vick was told not to associate with him yet he still does and, apparently still associates with thugs who carry guns to his "birfday" party. I hope to hell this pans out to be his last straw.

Reaper16
06-25-2010, 01:24 PM

**Edit**

Ok, ok, maybe I lost my cool there and was talking out my ass. I'll admit it. But still....holy fuck man......
Thank you for editing that post.

MOhillbilly
06-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm sure. I don't think they release anyone without sticking them with at least a 3 year trailor.

then he vialoted his probation or parole by hanging out w/ known felons. And worse yet he violated his parole/probation by hanging out w/ known dogfighters(always a stipulation in those cases).

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Well to be fair, it doesn't say that the guy was invited to the party, just that he showed up. There's nothing in that article that indicates that he is still hanging around the guy.

With that said, with all the trouble that seems to happen in these 'clubs' after midnight, one would think that anyone that is seriously trying to avoid trouble would have their birthday party somewhere else.

I doubt that he wasn't invited. That's his "homie".

And even if he wasn't, others that new him were. When you have that much at stake and you just went through that whole world of shit, you need to get rid of ALL those kinda friends. If this guy was arriving as just a friend of a friend...then those "friends" probably aren't much higher quality.

The Poz
06-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Does Kevin Kolb's fantasy draft stock now shoot up?

Bugeater
06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I doubt that he wasn't invited. That's his "homie".

And even if he wasn't, others that new him were. When you have that much at stake and you just went through that whole world of shit, you need to get rid of ALL those kinda friends. If this guy was arriving as just a friend of a friend...then those "friends" probably aren't much higher quality.
Eh, you're still making an assumption, although it is pretty hard to give him the benefit of the doubt with his history of being a dumbass.

BIG_DADDY
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
then he vialoted his probation or parole by hanging out w/ known felons. And worse yet he violated his parole/probation by hanging out w/ known dogfighters(always a stipulation in those cases).

The argument is going to be that he wasn't invited. The devil is in the details. Obviously he is hanging with a criminal element. Some people don't deserve another chance.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2010, 01:50 PM
This is almost as shocking as the Jazz drafting Gordon Hayward.

MOhillbilly
06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
i dont have a problem that he fought dogs. I have a problem with the way he disposed of his curs.

Hootie
06-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd have to see the facts before I can pass judgment...

I'm pretty sure these co-defendants all sold out Vick to get reduced sentences if I remember correctly...

So if he showed up uninvited...confronted Vick...who then was like "you have to get the fuck out of here" and then Vick left...and then someone close to Vick who has a serious hatred for the dude shot the guy...

not quite sure how that is Vick's fault...

It's easy for us to say don't do this, and don't do that...

But the vast majority of us all grew up in two parent, suburban homes in good neighborhoods etc. etc. etc.

The NFL will always have a criminal culture because of the criminal minds that play in the game...so Goodell can either get used to it, or...

Hays
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
The fact that he was around a shooting is whats going to bite him.

Ok so the guy "just happened' to show up. The fact that a gun was fired is going to be the downfall of vick. He might as well call the commish now because I can't see the commish not doing something about this.

Bane
06-25-2010, 02:09 PM
That crazy Ron Mexico.Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 02:10 PM
The fact that he was around a shooting is whats going to bite him.

Ok so the guy "just happened' to show up. The fact that a gun was fired is going to be the downfall of vick. He might as well call the commish now because I can't see the commish not doing something about this.

I wonder if the party was private, or public? If it's private, I doubt that he could just "show up" and the bouncers would just let him in.

Phobia
06-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Yo, Vick - Imma let you finish but knives are quieter. - Ray Lewis

The Franchise
06-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Yo, Vick - Imma let you finish but knives are quieter. - Ray Lewis

ROFL

Hays
06-25-2010, 02:25 PM
At this point does Vick have any trade value? If i was Philly i would trade him off for a 4th rounder

BWillie
06-25-2010, 02:43 PM
So how do we know Vick did anything wrong?

MOhillbilly
06-25-2010, 02:56 PM

he possibly violated his parole/probation. The Feds are gonna take a look at this.

LaChapelle
06-25-2010, 03:47 PM
The ex-Falcon could still land in Oakland
It's not like the Competition would lead to Lynchburg
If he burns Twin Bridges send him to Lebanon

Phobia
06-25-2010, 03:54 PM

You're right. Vick has definitely earned the benefit of the doubt at this juncture.

Bugeater
06-25-2010, 03:58 PM
It depends on what you mean by "wrong". We don't know for sure if he did anything illegal, but being in a club at 2am with a bunch of armed thugs where a shooting is involved is probably enough to get him permanently kicked out of the NFL.

the Talking Can
06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
has anyone expressed their disgust with black males in this thread yet?

i don't want to repost....

RNR
06-25-2010, 04:12 PM
At the very least he is a total dumbass~

vailpass
06-25-2010, 04:20 PM
LMAO

BWillie
06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
It depends on what you mean by "wrong". We don't know for sure if he did anything illegal, but being in a club at 2am with a bunch of armed thugs where a shooting is involved is probably enough to get him permanently kicked out of the NFL.

When I go out w/ my friends to PNL am I supposed to frisk them down and make sure they don't have a gun? Maybe this guy that he wasn't supposed to associate w/ wasn't even invited to the party, and that could have even been what the "confrontation" was about. I'm gonna let the facts from to fruition before I jump to conclusions. Vick probably was in the wrong, but there is no way to know for sure at this time.

Bane
06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
When I go out w/ my friends to PNL am I supposed to frisk them down and make sure they don't have a gun? Maybe this guy that he wasn't supposed to associate w/ wasn't even invited to the party, and that could have even been what the "confrontation" was about. I'm gonna let the facts from to fruition before I jump to conclusions. Vick probably was in the wrong, but there is no way to know for sure at this time.

As much as I dislike Vick,I'm inclined to agree with you on this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM

If you're hanging out with people that force you to even question it, that's on you. Hang out with shady people, and you're eventually going to get burned.

I used to have a friend that carried weed everywhere he went. I was pulled over once with him and narrowly avoided trouble I didn't need. We're no longer friends.

Vick doesn't understand this concept.

vailpass
06-25-2010, 04:49 PM

I see your point but that shit won't matter to his PO

FRCDFED
06-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Possibility...

1. Vick throws party..
2. Uninvited guest shows up that would cause Vick to violate his parole...
3. Vick gets pissed off and confronts uninvited guest because everyone knows he can't hang out with uninvited guest...
4. Vick leaves to avoid violation of parole...
5. Invited guests get pissed because host is forced to leave and sticks them with the tab (j/k, lol)....
6. Invited guests take matters into their own hands because by 2 am they have enough liquid courage to do so...

Just a thought! This doesn't change that apparantly the invited guests are the type that carry weapons but is a possible scenerio...

stevieray
06-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Vick is as Vick does...

/Forrest Gump

BWillie
06-25-2010, 05:42 PM
If you're hanging out with people that force you to even question it, that's on you. Hang out with shady people, and you're eventually going to get burned.

I used to have a friend that carried weed everywhere he went. I was pulled over once with him and narrowly avoided trouble I didn't need. We're no longer friends.

Vick doesn't understand this concept.

If you are a celebrity, and you have having a birthday party at a club you are going to know every single person there? Come on. Like I said, Vick probably was a dumbass. But we are all jumping to conclusions too early.

stevieray
06-25-2010, 05:46 PM
If you are a celebrity, and you have having a birthday party at a club you are going to know every single person there? Come on. Like I said, Vick probably was a dumbass. But we are all jumping to conclusions too early.
you're gonna find a babe and roll out BEFORE closing time, playing here kitty kitty by the time others are on the last call scavenger hunt.

OnTheWarpath15
06-25-2010, 05:50 PM

If I'm a celebrity, and I've fucked up as many times as Vick has fucked up - knowing that all eyes are on me and my actions - I don't hold a birthday party in a fucking club.

But that's just me. I'd prefer to limit myself to controlled environments knowing the slightest fuck up could end my career.

stevieray
06-25-2010, 05:52 PM
If I'm a celebrity, and I've ****ed up as many times as Vick has ****ed up - knowing that all eyes are on me and my actions - I don't hold a birthday party in a ****ing club.

yup, that thought crossed my mind also...even though it might've been thrown for him..even still..you gotta play it smart with that much on the line.

Valiant
06-25-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd have to see the facts before I can pass judgment...

I'm pretty sure these co-defendants all sold out Vick to get reduced sentences if I remember correctly...

So if he showed up uninvited...confronted Vick...who then was like "you have to get the **** out of here" and then Vick left...and then someone close to Vick who has a serious hatred for the dude shot the guy...

not quite sure how that is Vick's fault...

It's easy for us to say don't do this, and don't do that...

But the vast majority of us all grew up in two parent, suburban homes in good neighborhoods etc. etc. etc.

The NFL will always have a criminal culture because of the criminal minds that play in the game...so Goodell can either get used to it, or...

Umm hanging with a guy that will shoot another guy?? That is all on Vick.. You are right though, he technically did not do anything wrong.. Other then hang out with scum that would shoot somebody..

stevieray
06-25-2010, 05:55 PM

This!

/Larry Johnson

Chief Roundup
06-25-2010, 05:56 PM
If I'm a celebrity, and I've ****ed up as many times as Vick has ****ed up - knowing that all eyes are on me and my actions - I don't hold a birthday party in a ****ing club.

But that's just me. I'd prefer to limit myself to controlled environments knowing the slightest **** up could end my career.

This.
But anyone not just a celebrity.

mikey23545
06-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Well. it's not really a party till somebody gets shot...

mikey23545
06-25-2010, 07:19 PM

The only conclusion I have definitely reached is that <i>you</i> are a dumbass.

BWillie
06-25-2010, 08:02 PM
The only conclusion I have definitely reached is that <i>you</i> are a dumbass.

Name callin' on the interwebs is kewl! I was pwned! Noobz!!!

notorious
06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
19th chance is the new 2nd chance.

tk13
06-25-2010, 08:13 PM
The other question is, regardless of what Goodell does...will this get him blackballed like they've done to Marvin Harrison...

FAX
06-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Possibility...

1. Vick throws party..
2. Uninvited guest shows up that would cause Vick to violate his parole...
3. Vick gets pissed off and confronts uninvited guest because everyone knows he can't hang out with uninvited guest...
4. Vick leaves to avoid violation of parole...
5. Invited guests get pissed because host is forced to leave and sticks them with the tab (j/k, lol)....
6. Invited guests take matters into their own hands because by 2 am they have enough liquid courage to do so...

Just a thought! This doesn't change that apparantly the invited guests are the type that carry weapons but is a possible scenerio...

A reasonable defense, Mr. Fellow of the Royal College of Dog Fighters of Edinburgh. Then again ...

1. Vick throws party ...
2. Uninvited Guest arrives to retrieve past due loan repayment from Vick ...
3. Vick pisses off Uninvited Guest because Vick doesn't have the cash ...
4. Vick runs away in fear ...
5. Invited Guests provide cover for Vick's escape ...
6. Invited Guests attempt to kill Uninvited Guest at Vick's request ...

Ut testimonium est par, simplex explicatus est optimus.

FAX

notorious
06-25-2010, 08:18 PM
The other question is, regardless of what Goodell does...will this get him blackballed like they've done to Marvin Harrison...

Marvin doesn't have anything left in the tank. If he did there would be teams lined up to sign him even if he snorted coke off a 15 year-olds ass on live television.

LaChapelle
06-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Harrisonville is a thug that is always Holden in Gunn City
that's why he is a Peculiar Freeman on La Tour
that can't even get his Lake Winnebago invited to Cleveland

Halfcan
06-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Marvin doesn't have anything left in the tank. If he did there would be teams lined up to sign him even if he snorted coke off a 15 year-olds ass on live television.

ROFL

ThaVirus
06-25-2010, 10:31 PM
If I'm 30 years old and have a six figure salary, I'm shutting down a whole block of clubs! WE DO IT BIG, BABY!!!

FRCDFED
06-26-2010, 03:38 PM
A reasonable defense, Mr. Fellow of the Royal College of Dog Fighters of Edinburgh. Then again ...

1. Vick throws party ...
2. Uninvited Guest arrives to retrieve past due loan repayment from Vick ...
3. Vick pisses off Uninvited Guest because Vick doesn't have the cash ...
4. Vick runs away in fear ...
5. Invited Guests provide cover for Vick's escape ...
6. Invited Guests attempt to kill Uninvited Guest at Vick's request ...

Ut testimonium est par, simplex explicatus est optimus.

FAXDefinately possibility #2...lol