PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Shame On You, Brad Pitt

FAX
06-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I just finished watching Seven for about the seventh or eighth time. Good movie. I liked it. The plot concept itself is great, the script is well written and sufficiently realistic, the cinematic "mood" was right for the script, and the performances by the ensemble were, for the most part, believable.

Unfortunately, Brad Pitt's performance at the very end of the movie (where the bad guy's plan for the final two deadly sins is revealed) didn't play. Now that I think about it, I can't recall any performance by Pitt that was particularly memorable, but this one was just ... ill-fitting ... for the situation, I mean. Thanks for the giant mug of weak-ass sauce, Brad.

If he had played that scene correctly, the movie would have been excellent. After all, that scene was the intended payoff you waited for throughout the entire film as the plot unfolded one sin at a time. It's climax time and his character gets some really, really bad news. As a result, the "deadly sin" he is now supposed to represent is Wrath. A good actor (say Mickey Rourke, for example) would have taken you with him beyond the point of initial shock, disbelief, and anger all the way across the chasm of madness. Pitt just acted as though someone had stepped on his foot. He played it all wrong and based on how the movie was edited at that point, I got the impression they shot a multitude of takes of that scene. I'm sure the director was disappointed, too. What a shame.

FAX

KcMizzou
06-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Huh. I liked it.

Saggysack
06-26-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm not for sure I can agree with your take. I believe each person would react in their own way. I think you are putting your expectations of what your reaction would, or at least what you would think it would be to seeing your wifes head in a box. And then applying those expectations to the character as whether the reaction is valid or not. When that character is a completely different individual than yourself, and would most assuredly have a different reaction than yours but may have some of the same elements. Some may pass out, some may get sick, some may get angry, some may be too weak to stand up, some may have a whole range of emotions, or just a select few. Hell, some may even shake the guys hand and start skipping home like a schoolgirl.

notorious
06-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Excellent movie, but , in some scenes it did seem like Brad's acting could have been better.

Still a 9 out of 10.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Hmmm.... I was gonna say, "Shame on Brad for dumping Jennifer Aniston in favor of skanky Angelina Jolie."

:shrug:

Deberg_1990
06-26-2010, 07:42 AM
"YOur not a Messiah. Your a movie of the week!" I've always felt Seven was one of his best performances.

Pitt is an underrated guy. Probably always will be because of his looks. His Oceans movie character cracks me up. The subtle character comedy between him clooney and Damon is hilarious to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsNWildcats
06-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Hmmm.... I was gonna say, "Shame on Brad for dumping Jennifer Aniston in favor of skanky Angelina Jolie."

I hear that.

Demonpenz
06-26-2010, 08:20 AM
the way he says "whats in the box" in a gay ass voice dooms that part.

angelo
06-26-2010, 10:30 AM
I watched it last night also and felt completely different about Brad Pitt.
I think he pulled off the young punk detective very well.

I have like his characters in 12 monkeys, Fight club, True Romance, and Oceans, A river runs through it, Snatch.

ang

Baby Lee
06-26-2010, 10:43 AM

I have like his characters in 12 monkeys, Fight club, True Romance, and Oceans, A river runs through it, Snatch.

ang

Ineetah havashite.

HC_Chief
06-26-2010, 12:12 PM

ang

Heh, "Perrywinkle blue, fer me mah!". Great movie.

Pitt was hilarious in Inglorious Basterds... "Arr reevah derchee"

Bowser
06-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Ineetah havashite.

That would make an excellent .gif.

Fritz88
06-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Last scene did leave a bad taste in my mouth. I thought I was the only one who hated his acting in that scene.

BWillie
06-26-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't know, I tend to like Brad Pitt's work. I think he does a great job, and the end of Seven is one of them.

Gravedigger
06-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Actually, we're all tickled to hear you say that. Quite frankly watching Donnie beat Natzee's to death is the closest we ever get to going to the movies!

Miles
06-27-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't know, I tend to like Brad Pitt's work. I think he does a great job, and the end of Seven is one of them.

Same here. He is basically the earlier version of Dicaprio but not quite as talented. Chicks love them so dudes are apparently supposed to rip on them.

JD10367
06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Dear Mr. FAX,

I am sorry you do not appreciate my acting talent. Let me respond thusly: I am filthy rich, adored the world over, and have spent my spare time putting the boots to both Jennifer Aniston AND Angelina Jolie. So, sincerely, GFY.

Brad Pitt

:D

vailpass
06-27-2010, 02:41 PM

ang

Agree. I also liked him a lot as sociopath Early Grayce in Kalifornia.

notorious
06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Agree. I also liked him a lot as sociopath Early Grayce in Kalifornia.

That's a decent movie not too many people know about.

Good call.

vailpass
06-27-2010, 02:46 PM
That's a decent movie not too many people know about.

Good call.

Adele Corners:Will you tell me more about California?
Early Grayce: Yeah, I guess so. Let's see. One thing, people think faster out there on the account of all that warm weather. Cold weather makes people stupid. That's a fact.
Adele Corners: I guess that explains why there's so many stupid people around here.
Early Grayce: It sure does. You know what else? You never have to buy no fruit on account it's all on the trees everywhere you turn. And they ain't got no speed limits. I hear your first month's rent is free, state law. So I'm thinking till we get settled we'll just move around from month to month. How will that be with you, momma?
Adele Corners: What are we going to do out there, Early?
Early Grayce: By God the first thing we're going to do is get us ! a couple of six-packs of Lucky Lager and we're going to climb up to that famous Hollywood sign. We're going to howl at the moon, goddamn it.

KcMizzou
06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, good movie. I haven't seen that one in years.

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:53 PM
I really like the end of Seven and his performance. He could have gone over the top and completely broken down in that situation, but his choice to struggle with accepting what happened and how to react was pretty moving to me. When he finally (almost calmly) decides to throw his life away and kill Spacey, I thought it was awesome and a much more interesting choice than what many actors would have done.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Hilarious SEVEN parody from the MTV movie awards years ago....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVMLivHTXac&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVMLivHTXac&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

listopencil
06-27-2010, 10:33 PM

Yep.

listopencil
06-27-2010, 10:40 PM
If I remember correctly (it's been a while) I thought it was going to be Pitt's character's dead wife's (now obviously aborted) fetus in the box. I was disappointed that it was just a head. I can be kind of a sick fuck when it comes to movie scenes though.

BigRock
06-27-2010, 11:41 PM
If I remember correctly (it's been a while) I thought it was going to be Pitt's character's dead wife's (now obviously aborted) fetus in the box. I was disappointed that it was just a head. I can be kind of a sick fuck when it comes to movie scenes though.

She'd only just found out she was pregnant, so there wouldn't have been anything but a tiny little clump to put in there. But that would have been quite an ending: Morgan Freeman kneeling there, trying to figure out what the hell he's looking at.

Pitt: So what's in the box?
Freeman: Uhhhh... I don't know. Looks like someone cut off a skin tag.
Pitt: Say what?
Spacey: Christ! It's your dead baby. I killed your wife and cut it out of her.
Pitt: Bullshit.
Spacey: No, seriously. I did.
Pitt: Yeah, how am I supposed to know that's my baby?
Freeman: Yeah, how does this prove you killed his wife? This could be anybody's baby.
Pitt: You should have put my wife's severed head in the box.
Freeman: Yeah, then we'd know for sure that she's dead.
Spacey: Hmm. You're right, that head idea might have worked better.
Pitt: Total FAIL, pal.
Freeman: LOL
Spacey: Just shoot me.

(credits)

Saccopoo
06-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Geez Fax, you're bitching about his shortcomings in Seven (which I think is a dog shit pile of a movie anyway) when this garbage is floating out there?:

http://www.isteroids.com/images/brad_pitt_troy_steroids.jpg

Fried Meat Ball!
06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Geez Fax, you're bitching about his shortcomings in Seven (which I think is a dog shit pile of a movie anyway) when this garbage is floating out there?:

Ain't that the truth. Troy was a saccopoo.

Duck Dog
06-28-2010, 01:51 PM
The relevent part starts around the 6 minute mark.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzAIZN9HuFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzAIZN9HuFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>