PDA

View Full Version : Economics Let's colonize Mars! Now, who should pay?

Taco John
06-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Let's colonize Mars! Now, who should pay?

Cast your vote.

Velvet_Jones
06-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Where is "The rich bustards" option?

BWillie
06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Poor people

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Al Gore

Velvet_Jones
06-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Poor people

We can use poor people to fuel the rocket but after that they are pretty much useless.

BucEyedPea
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Let's ship banyon there. I'd pay a tax for THAT!

patteeu
06-27-2010, 11:35 AM
What's the purpose of the mission?

Rain Man
06-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I bet when they land they find fist-sized diamonds and pleasantly chilled cans of Dr. Pepper lying on the ground.

Brainiac
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM

To colonize Mars, perhaps?

BucEyedPea
06-27-2010, 08:55 PM

Let's ship all the lefty progressives there to do the work. Govt jobs are what they wanted right?

Taco John
06-27-2010, 11:52 PM

Colonization.

teedubya
06-27-2010, 11:57 PM
They would need about 100 years plus to properly terraform the planet... i saw it on some discovery channel. :-)

blaise
06-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Rich CEOs that fly private jets. They have like all kinds of money and stuff.

patteeu
06-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Just for the sake of doing it? Or is it conceived as a stepping stone to some kind of productive venture?

Speaking of that, here's what one Orangemane leftie (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=424944) thinks is going on:

You better wake up and think. Mars is the big prize of every space program. Mile-high Shack asks if this is a joke. Mock asks if we should play Marvin the Martian. LABF would rather argue minutiae than the big-picture (Sorry, LABF, I don't like criticizing an ally).

Where the **** you guys been? Haven't you been paying attention? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, the Chinese have stated unequivically the object of their space program is to establish a colony on the Moon. The object is to control Earth. They're not going to waste money on ground wars. BTW, the Chinese pretty much control everything Kim Il Jong does. Why waste money on wars on this planet when if you control the Moon, you rule the Earth? GPS, my ass. The Big Prize is Mars. Don't waste your time focusing on penny-ante games, you may have to play them to get to the Big Table, and you have to win them to play at the Big Table, but the US is already at the Big Table.

What middle-class people need to understand is that they're not at the Big Table in their own country right now under GWB's leadership. The US can win Mars, but the elite are cornering all the chips on the Big Table in the US right now under GWB's leadership.

I guess I vote for Cito and the folks at the big table to pay for it since they're planning on leaving the rest of us behind. ROFL