PDA

View Full Version : Life Ooooohhhhh my back!!

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Holy crap does it hurt. 2 Cannons to get the kinks out,
Might have something to do with teh controlled comma I just woke up from.

Last 24 Days
- finished 3 homes, (Bare gyproc to prime stage none smaller than 2500sq/fl all 3 were two stories with multiple stairways)
-Day 12 got a "light work day transfering equipment from one side of the city to the other.
-Day 19 Took fathers day off (but spent 2 hours cleaning and organising work truck, and 1 hours servicing tools and equipment)
-Got home after cleaning up house 3 at 9pm last night having racked up 229.5 hours on job site and fell asleep eating my supper.

Woke up, had a shower (not a good move but I had just sanded out a house and was COVERED in dust) woke me up, stumbled out to the shed, rolled one the size of my thumb, went back in house fell on bed.

woke up 14 hours later.

I'm really thinking this pace can't be good for a person?? :shake:

6 more weeks and i'm out of the fire.

(Why am I killing myself like this?
Residual finincial problems from gettting stung by 2 contractors last year for around $30K or so, laywers have only collected about $2500 of total owed to date)

Halfcan
06-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh great look out-the last bad back thread was a train wreck-lol

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh great look out-the last bad back thread was a train wreck-lol
Oh well, i'm too tired to fight, and as a Fader fan to stupid to care :D (saved ya the trouble :thumb: )

milkman
06-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh well, i'm too tired to fight, and as a Fader fan to stupid to care :D (saved ya the trouble :thumb: )

No worries.

You contribute far more to this forum than just personal life stuff.

If you only came here to tell us all about you, and contributed nothing else, there'd be a fight on your hands.

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Like what? A fair target through reg season?
I always knew you bunch put up with me for a reason :D

Baconeater
06-26-2010, 02:34 PM
No, that kind of pace isn't good for you. It really sucks that you have to put yourself through this to make up for getting ripped off. At least you have the work available though, I've been slow all spring. I'm going to be in a bad way real soon if shit doesn't pick up for me.

milkman
06-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Like what? A fair target through reg season?
I always knew you bunch put up with me for a reason :D

Well......yeah.

You didn't think we actually liked you, did you?

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Well......yeah.

You didn't think we actually liked you, did you?
Not for a second ya cold harted prick :D

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 02:47 PM
No, that kind of pace isn't good for you. It really sucks that you have to put yourself through this to make up for getting ripped off. At least you have the work available though, I've been slow all spring. I'm going to be in a bad way real soon if shit doesn't pick up for me.
3 guys from South Carolina showed up here last week, painters no less.
Guess they have a buddy up here working for a few years, told them how good it was, and took a while to get permits, but here they are in the land of the flying iceburgs

Hog Farmer
06-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I just don't understand people smoking a fatty and then going to sleep. It's stuped , just stuped.

Fritz88
06-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Back problems can be annoying. You should put some time for exercise. 20 mins 3 times a week should do. Just google back pain exericse and you should get several sets, pick one and consider doing it. It does help.

Nothing beats the feeling after getting some work done. Props.

Phobia
06-26-2010, 07:27 PM

Might let you come down and shoot a big house with me if you're interested. Close the deal Monday - hopefully.

mikey23545
06-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Some people never come out of a deep comma, period.

Baconeater
06-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Might let you come down and shoot a big house with me if you're interested. Close the deal Monday - hopefully.
Shit, let me know. I'm interested in just about anything right about now.

go bowe
06-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Some people never come out of a deep comma, period.ROFL ROFL ROFL

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Some people never come out of a deep comma, period.:(

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 10:44 PM
You should put some time for exercise. 20 mins 3 times a week should do. .

All I do when tapping houses is a full on weight added cardio work out.

***Numbers would be a guess, but not far off I bet I'm a hand taper, thus no bazooka, or flat boxes. 3 coats by hand.

Tapping- Day one
-Pulling 6-7000ft of tape through mud box = weighted rope pull 9-1300 repititions with about a 15lb pull

-Carrying 5gall bucket on harness around neck while taping = hanging lat raise with weight attatehed to belt while on stilts. Aprox 20lbs at a time with about 150-200ft of loaded tape duration 15min on, 3-6 mins off for 6-9 hours stright

-Applying tape covered in mud= 900-1200 over head / cross over pulls and butterfly pulls 10-15lb load
-wiping out tape = 20-30lb load

Applying tape to lower angles = 40-100 lunges

-Walking around in stilts = Standing calf raises at a duration of 2-4 hours or more.

Roughing in the house Day 2
Trowling out = 1-1500 repititions. combination of butterfly press with right arm applying mud and barbell curls with left holding hawk loaded at all times with 15-20lbs mud.
Both side to side and another 1000 or so reps over head.

Mixing mud = dead lift 50-75lbs 2 reps every 1-2hrs depending no warm up lift. Along with wrist twisting resistance training holding 1/2" drill while mixing plaster 20-30lb load depending on temp

Walking on stilts for 5-9hours = Core balance and resistance strenght training.

Mudding angles with 5" knife - 1000-1500 butterfly cross over curls both bottem to top, top dowm, and side to side.

Loading Corner beads= 100-150 seated, and raised cable pulls ups 10-15lb load

Checking plugs, nail heads, and light switches = 90-150 Bent over cable pulls while doing wht bottem nails with 20lbs of plaster on a hawk in your hand.

Day 3 to 7-9-12-? depending on size of house

Repeat day two until finish where you hang onto a pole sander and do a full cardion work out of sanding every square inch of the house doing an assortment of lunges, crunches, stretchs, vaults, and other arobic type things. 4-9 hours non stop
My whole bloody job is a full on standing on your feet for 16hours work out.
I'm just saying my back hurt from sleeping so long :D

Over-Head
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
It was a dead winter back home thanks mostly to the economy / housing market down south or at least thats the reason they used.

I was lucky to have a company commission me for my custom work to take a treck out west.
Then hook up with an outfit i did work for back in 07'
Been here 4 months,flew home once, like a licence to print $$$ as compared to back home.
Down side is I havent see my wife and son in a month, gonna be another 6 weeks or more before I fly home again i'm that busy in this market.

***As a side note, back home is BOOMING, just too much fuggen around trying to get paid. too many crooks with too many scams.
I turn down an average of 4-6 a day from back home wanting a price.
The phone wont stop ringing. And next eyar when the Fedral gov has to hand Danny that 13BILLION in NL's share of the Hebron deal, they expect to see construction rise by another 150-200% if it's evn possible to do so at the rate it's going now.
Oil's big buisness.
With the gulf shut down, Oil cities like Edmonton where I am now, and St.Johns back home are wicked busy.
Their 3 months behind here with 1,000,000 people, their 5months behind back home with 250,000

BigOlChiefsfan
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Non carborundum illegitimatti - take 5 pal

Over-Head
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Non carborundum illegitimatti - take 5 palI did, finally got a weekend off. :D