PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Madden 11

Chiefs Pantalones
06-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Anyone excited for this one?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-27-2010, 12:03 AM
No. First year I won't be buying it on release day. The last 2 years I've dropped about $130 on that game and I've put a total of maybe 50 hours in combined.

I'll get NCAA the day it comes out though.

Buck
06-27-2010, 12:09 AM
No.

Bowser
06-27-2010, 12:13 AM
FUCK YEAH, BRO!!!

Yeah, ok, not really.

Buck
06-27-2010, 12:16 AM
I will never buy Madden again until they lose exclusivity and actually are forced to make improvements to their game.

Fruit Ninja
06-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I knew i liked Matt. Keep the Madden hate going. They need to really lose customers every year. I hope people have the will to hold out. Its time we get competition again. Only Professional sports game where there is absolutely no competition and it fucking sucks.

Sure-Oz
06-27-2010, 01:45 AM
I was pretty disappointed when i bought madden 2010...first time ive bought madden in years. Needless to say i played about 10 games and havent played since. MLB 10 the Show is the shit...EA needs to make games like MLB 10 the Show.

Douche Baggins
06-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Why would I play Madden 11, when Madden 2008 PC is superior in every way (seriously, at least franchise mode works and players block), apart from graphics, which is a negligible difference when you consider the recent HDR lighting patch makes the game look awesome and I play in wide angle mode?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJjSavYThoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJjSavYThoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-King-
06-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Yep, but probably not till a few weeks after release.

Loved Madden 10.

Fruit Ninja
06-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Why would I play Madden 11, when Madden 2008 PC is superior in every way (seriously, at least franchise mode works and players block), apart from graphics, which is a negligible difference when you consider the recent HDR lighting patch makes the game look awesome and I play in wide angle mode?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJjSavYThoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJjSavYThoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

People like online leagues and online Franchises or just online play.

For me, i am strickly online in sports games. Its boring as hell playing the P vs CPU.

The good thing is that NCAA football is in its last year of being exclusive. Thank god.

-King-
06-27-2010, 03:25 AM
People like online leagues and online Franchises or just online play.

For me, i am strickly online in sports games. Its boring as hell playing the P vs CPU.

The good thing is that NCAA football is in its last year of being exclusive. Thank god.

Yep, I'm in the same boat about playing the CPU. I think the last time I lost a game to the CPU in a football game was like 07 when I tried to play with only I-AA teams.

CupidStunt
06-27-2010, 05:04 AM
NHL 11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madden 11

Crazy that one branch of EA makes such a sick game, and another makes such a garbage game.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Hell yea, i love Madden, I usually get NCAA 11 to get my football fix in until Madden comes out.

The Bad Guy
06-27-2010, 08:36 AM
I really thought Madden was a massive improvement last year. I'll be getting it.

Red Brooklyn
06-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I really thought Madden was a massive improvement last year. I'll be getting it.
Yep.

Priest31kc
06-27-2010, 09:47 AM

Me too. Ill be getting it at as well, just maybe not on the release date like I do every year.

KCrockaholic
06-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah I'm gonna get it...I play Madden 2010 a lot, and I prefer football video games over any other kind...But I really hope some other football game comes along and actually competes with Madden. They don't even try anymore. Each year they just add a couple things and tweak stuff here and there. They completely ignore off-line franchise now and that is the ONLY thing I do anymore because their stupid online system kicks you out of a game if you challenge a freakin call. They ruined the wildcat.

But because I love NFL I will end up getting it. It's the only game that I literally play almost all year around.

KCrockaholic
06-27-2010, 12:45 PM
NHL 11 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Madden 11

Crazy that one branch of EA makes such a sick game, and another makes such a garbage game.

Does NHL 11 have competition though?

WhitiE
06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
the only reason i got 10 was so i could play with DT.....

KCrockaholic
06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
the only reason i got 10 was so i could play with DT.....

DeMarcus Tyler?

Munson
06-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I will never buy Madden again until they lose exclusivity and actually are forced to make improvements to their game.

This x 100. I won't buy NCAA either for the same reasons. F*ck you EA!

OnTheWarpath58
06-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Nope.

I didn't play 10 that much.

Matter of fact, if anyone is interested in a cheap copy of Madden10 for PS3, shoot me a PM.

DBOSHO
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I got some gamestop credit idk whether to preorder this or save it for the new xbox

chiefs1111
06-27-2010, 06:51 PM
ill rent it first and see how i like it.

Dunit35
08-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Bought it tonight. I'm a casual player, so it's all fun for me.

It's a good game for a person like me. Flowers seems to get burnt deep every play. I'm playing on All-pro with a better pass defense. Kendrick Lewis isn't on it yet and the defense sucks. The music is quite impressive with Ozzy, Guns N Roses. I haven't played online and probably won't. I've given up 337 yards in the first half with 285 in passing. I have no pass rush, but that's to be expected. McCluster is impressive so far...and that's all I got for now.

I have noticed how important it is to follow your blockers now, once Charles finds a lane, nobody catches him.

BryanBusby
08-10-2010, 02:37 AM
For the hell of it I ran a simulation of the Chiefs season in franchise mode.

Chiefs went 5-11. Ended up getting swept by Denver and Oakland but swept the Chargers lol. Eh, somehow Tyson Jackson got 12 sacks.....wtf

29th in total offense and 3rd in overall defense. Only being edged out by the Steelers and Jets

E: Went through and changed the dumbass roster lineup EA had...
-Moved Berry over to the starting SS slot instead of FS, McGraw in as the starting FS
-Moved DJ up to first team (I think he'll be a starter)
-Arenas as the top returner
-McCluster into the starting slot WR role

Chiefs went 11-5. Swept Oakland and the Broncos and split with SD. Cassel threw for 3,099 yards 22 TD's, 13 INT's. Tyson Jackson had 13 sacks instead lol

kysirsoze
08-10-2010, 03:34 AM

Chiefs went 5-11. Ended up getting swept by Denver and Oakland but swept the Chargers lol. Eh, somehow Tyson Jackson got 12 sacks.....wtf

29th in total offense and 3rd in overall defense. Only being edged out by the Steelers and Jets

-Moved Berry over to the starting SS slot instead of FS, McGraw in as the starting FS

Chiefs went 11-5. Swept Oakland and the Broncos and split with SD. Cassel threw for 3,099 yards 22 TD's, 13 INT's. Tyson Jackson had 13 sacks instead lol

11-5. Nice. Do we win the superbowl??? I need to make my bets before the season starts.

The Bad Guy
08-10-2010, 07:37 AM

I don't know why you moved Berry to SS, he's not a strong safety.

CHENZ A!
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I bought NCAA last year, planning to get Madden this year. I'm on ps3 if anyone wants to play, or start a league.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Is the game worth buying? I'm thinkin about going to Wal Mart and picking it up in a few minutes.

KCrockaholic
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM

So we went 11-5 just because of those few changes?

KCrockaholic
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM

He's A Safety. He's not free or strong. He's a great safety no matter where he is put.

The Bad Guy
08-10-2010, 11:55 AM
He's A Safety. He's not free or strong. He's a great safety no matter where he is put.

I'm not arguing semantics with you. He's listed as a FS on the depth chart.

Priest31kc
08-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Want to get it badly, but cant right now, cant afford it. Hopefully in a couple weeks...

KCrockaholic
08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Nah, I'm not getting it this year until the price drops to around 40 bucks. I've been reading through tons of reviews and things. I've played the demo, it was ok. But I've decided that since they want to just ignore franchise that I don't want the game right now. I have Madden 2010 which is a very good game. I don't have RDR yet, so maybe I should buy that instead. This game is just going to be weak.

Pestilence
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Nah, I'm not getting it this year until the price drops to around 40 bucks. I've been reading through tons of reviews and things. I've played the demo, it was ok. But I've decided that since they want to just ignore franchise that I don't want the game right now. I have Madden 2010 which is a very good game. I don't have RDR yet, so maybe I should buy that instead. This game is just going to be weak.

Get RDR instead.

WhitiE
08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Get RDR instead.

I agree it would be a total waste if you don't have rdr yet.

DBOSHO
08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
the chiefs are actually a legit team this year IMO.

besides cassel being FUCKING PITIFUL throwing past 15 yards, charles is really dangerous, mccluster is nuts(hangs on to everything), berry roams, i can get pressure this year.

if youre a player who prefers to run, you wont be dissapointed. i will have to adjust my game. spread was my game last year.

kick returning is dumb as hell. your lucky to get past the 20

SnakeXJones
08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Want to get it badly, but cant right now, cant afford it. Hopefully in a couple weeks... I know gamestop has a deal going on on selected trade ins like NBA 2K10 and u could get the game for 20

Deberg_1990
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Looks like the Wii version hasnt changed much.....i guess ill grab it.

DBOSHO
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I know gamestop has a deal going on on selected trade ins like NBA 2K10 and u could get the game for 20

Nba 2k10 WAS on there, and so was the bigs 2 and smackdown vs raw 2010, but when i took them up there, they mysteriously dissapeared off the add.

i was unbelievably pissed.

SnakeXJones
08-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Nba 2k10 WAS on there, and so was the bigs 2 and smackdown vs raw 2010, but when i took them up there, they mysteriously dissapeared off the add.

i was unbelievably pissed. seriously? shit I was thinking of doing that deal

Dayze
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
bait and switch?

I've been bitten on that by Gamestop as well.

DBOSHO
08-10-2010, 08:47 PM
i took them up there like a month ago bc i didnt know how itd work. i figured theyd just put 40 credit on my card. the guy said bring them in when i pick it up, and the credit would be there.

so i get there, and sure as shit, they arent on the list. i bought the bigs 2 and 2k10 at the blockbuster i worked at specifically to take to gs.

i bet my life on the fact that they were on that list.

RustShack
08-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not arguing semantics with you. He's listed as a FS on the depth chart.

Hes been lining up at SS all mini camp and training camp..

Wallcrawler
08-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Some things this year are good, and some not so good, and some just piss me off.

First off, let me just send a message to EA.

Ive been playing Madden for 20 years. So when you try to pass off this "Gameflow" as some supercool new feature, I really know that all it is, is just a glorified ask Madden without pressing the button to do it.

Sure, I can tweak my gameplan so that my favorite plays have a better chance to be called, but why would I bullsh*t around and do that, when I could just call the damn plays myself?

Also, I dont need you to decide when I should sprint, and when I shouldnt. K, Thanks.

This stuff here seems like the game is trying to dumb itself down for lesser players. "Here, we will call your plays for you, and we will also decide when you run fast. You just concentrate on trying not to get hit."

Veterans of Madden will have ZERO use for this BS. Once you go back to conventional playcalling, and turn that auto turbo shit off, you can get back to business as usual.

Not to mention the incessantly repetetive coordinators constantly rambling the same BS every single play. Settings/Audio/Coordinator off.

Ahh. Sweet sanity.

The biggest thing with this years game is the locomotion animation scheme for the players that simulates actual player momentum. It feels more realistic, and the added new animations dont hurt anything.

The blocking has been re-written and is very well done. Great fun on offense, but defensively stopping the run is now a complete pain in the ass.

Lastly, I was super pissed with Eric Berry's tackle rating. 55 tackling with 90 hit power. So basicly, Im having to completely sell out and go for the huge hit via hitstick to make a tackle, otherwise everyone just runs his ass over when he goes for a textbook tackle. Sorry, I just dont see Darren Sproles repeatedly running EB over.

Even with the hit stick, EB often times will whiff on the guy or just bounce off of him. (I play on All Pro difficulty)

55 awareness, but 85 play recognition? How?

You would almost be better suited to pull the KC classic front office maneuver, that being them drafting a safety and then moving him to corner.

Hes the fastest defender on the team, plays great man and zone coverage, but when needed to lay down a big hit, he doesnt deliver. Not on the higher difficulties at least.

Overall, its better than Madden 10 just based on the roster update and rewritten blocking schemes, and being able to use the Chiefs newest additions to the team in online games.

That, and the Chiefs are about 12 points higher rated than on madden 10.

BryanBusby
08-11-2010, 01:54 AM

A lot of the practice reports I've read have said Berry has been lining up as SS. I don't think it makes a whole lot of a difference imo

Von Dumbass
08-11-2010, 02:08 AM
I hate how shitty PA passing is. You never have enough time to throw the ball, even if you use waggles and bootlegs you get sacked.

Dayze
08-11-2010, 08:10 AM
I haven't heard too many glowing reviews of this game.

Bummer; the demo/hype machine nearly worked in getting me to pick it up. But it sounds as though it's a game to pass on?

Mr. Plow
08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Haven't bought a Madden game in at least 3 years....not getting it again this year.

Sofa King
08-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Haven't bought a Madden game in at least 3 years....not getting it again this year.

07 was the last one i bought....

I think i'll just stick to NCAA if i want to play football...

Dayze
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
last year was the first year I bought since '06 I believe.
I played a few games and realized I hadn't missed much of anything.

NCAA for me this year.

Wallcrawler
08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I haven't heard too many glowing reviews of this game.

Bummer; the demo/hype machine nearly worked in getting me to pick it up. But it sounds as though it's a game to pass on?

Its a better football game than 09 or 10.

The game feels different when you play it, you just have to slog through the handholding BS and turn it all off before you get started.

Turn off gameflow and use conventional playcalling, turn off the coordinator babble, and definately turn off auto turbo.

After that, the game is pretty damn solid.

The major gripe I have is that its much tougher to stop the run, even with really good interior defensive linemen. The blocking is rewritten, so you dont have those free runs at the HB and QB every single down like you used to.

The O-linemen, even the mediocre ones just seem to be able to move my interior linemen out of the way and the HB is into my linebackers at the very least on every play, even with run blitzes called.

Im trying to work on a slider set for franchise play to balance it out, but none of that is going to help if youre an online player as pretty much everything is default for online.

It seems like every game each team always breaks some huge play for 70+ yards also. Charles is good, and fast, but he's not taking them to the house weekly from 80 yards on a regular basis just yet.

I dont know if it is in there to make the game more exciting or what, but as a defensive player first and foremost, that kind of shit pisses me off. I hit a guy with at least 2 defenders, sometimes 3, just to have him plow right through and continue on a 70+ yard jog to the endzone.

Dayze
08-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Its a better football game than 09 or 10.

The game feels different when you play it, you just have to slog through the handholding BS and turn it all off before you get started.

Turn off gameflow and use conventional playcalling, turn off the coordinator babble, and definately turn off auto turbo.

After that, the game is pretty damn solid.

The major gripe I have is that its much tougher to stop the run, even with really good interior defensive linemen. The blocking is rewritten, so you dont have those free runs at the HB and QB every single down like you used to.

The O-linemen, even the mediocre ones just seem to be able to move my interior linemen out of the way and the HB is into my linebackers at the very least on every play, even with run blitzes called.

Im trying to work on a slider set for franchise play to balance it out, but none of that is going to help if youre an online player as pretty much everything is default for online.

It seems like every game each team always breaks some huge play for 70+ yards also. Charles is good, and fast, but he's not taking them to the house weekly from 80 yards on a regular basis just yet.

I dont know if it is in there to make the game more exciting or what, but as a defensive player first and foremost, that kind of shit pisses me off. I hit a guy with at least 2 defenders, sometimes 3, just to have him plow right through and continue on a 70+ yard jog to the endzone.

cool; thanks.

okcchief
08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
I've only played one game but I liked the gameplay a lot.

This is the first year I have liked NCAA and Madden both. No where near perfect but much improved.

Huffman83
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I've gotta be honest. It's pretty awesome when you score a TD at Arrowhead in this years Madden, and the Stadium music being played is Rock N Roll Part II. Even the "We're going to beat the hell out of you" chant w/ the music.

Otherwise I'm not thrilled w/ the pre snap options. I was fine w/ how it used to be, and I could get everything set up and changed how I needed and wanted it immediately. I had some issues w/ the run game initially but that's because I couldn't just toss it to Charles on the outside and get at a minimum 15 yards. After I followed more of the blocks that were supposed to be there I managed a whole lot better.

Blitzing is better as well. I agree w/ defending the run game, but if you don't choose the right play for the situation...you will get burned.

I just want my pre snap options back. Otherwise, I like the feel of it.

QuikSsurfer
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm having a blast with this game on all-pro, now that i've adjusted some settings:
Turn autosprint off
Turn gameflow off
Adjusting sliders (between 40-45 for most)

Jamaal Charles is ridiculously fast... like Madden 03 Michael Vick fast.. I scored a 70 yard TD against the browns and didn't even touch the sprint button -- got close around the 10 but I got in.
It's very nice having the option to run the shit out of charles and then quick-sub Jones in for a series.
Cassel fucking blows... He can't throw deep for shit.
He recently had a minor injury but I had had enough. Croyle runs the show.

On another note - this game has locked my system twice...

Mr. Arrowhead
08-11-2010, 03:22 PM
i played a couple games and with cassel you have to throw short passes, his Short Acc. is a 93 i think. McCluster and Charles are insane. The chiefs are actually fun to play with.

okcchief
08-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I've gotta be honest. It's pretty awesome when you score a TD at Arrowhead in this years Madden, and the Stadium music being played is Rock N Roll Part II. Even the "We're going to beat the hell out of you" chant w/ the music.

Otherwise I'm not thrilled w/ the pre snap options. I was fine w/ how it used to be, and I could get everything set up and changed how I needed and wanted it immediately. I had some issues w/ the run game initially but that's because I couldn't just toss it to Charles on the outside and get at a minimum 15 yards. After I followed more of the blocks that were supposed to be there I managed a whole lot better.

Blitzing is better as well. I agree w/ defending the run game, but if you don't choose the right play for the situation...you will get burned.

I just want my pre snap options back. Otherwise, I like the feel of it.

You can turn the gameflow off if you want too. I like it because it goes quicker and I can audible out if I don't like the play. In online games I wouldn't want to use it though.

okcchief
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm having a blast with this game on all-pro, now that i've adjusted some settings:
Turn autosprint off
Turn gameflow off
Adjusting sliders (between 40-45 for most)

Jamaal Charles is ridiculously fast... like Madden 03 Michael Vick fast.. I scored a 70 yard TD against the browns and didn't even touch the sprint button -- got close around the 10 but I got in.
It's very nice having the option to run the shit out of charles and then quick-sub Jones in for a series.
Cassel ****ing blows... He can't throw deep for shit.
He recently had a minor injury but I had had enough. Croyle runs the show.

I hit a 40 yarder with him to win the game on all pro against the Chargers the one game I played. It was the only time I had to throw deep. I think he was ok but our offensive line sucks balls.

Huffman83
08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
You can turn the gameflow off if you want too. I like it because it goes quicker and I can audible out if I don't like the play. In online games I wouldn't want to use it though.

I have it all off, I'm actually talking about shifting the blocking or hot routes, backing the DB's off the WR or pressing them. You pretty much have to choose to do one or the other it seems. I'm getting used to it though.

and fwiw...Flowers is a beast. I'm already aware that I couldn't compete w/ Fitzgerald as far as speed goes. But he's all over the field for me.

okcchief
08-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I have it all off, I'm actually talking about shifting the blocking or hot routes, backing the DB's off the WR or pressing them. You pretty much have to choose to do one or the other it seems. I'm getting used to it though.

and fwiw...Flowers is a beast. I'm already aware that I couldn't compete w/ Fitzgerald as far as speed goes. But he's all over the field for me.

Oh IC.

There is a lot of negative talk on this game but I think for the most part people are ready to hate Madden regardless. I really enjoyed my first game and can't wait to get back on tonight.

SnakeXJones
08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
since the reviews arent so great i dunno if i could pick this up ill stick with 10

Wallcrawler
08-11-2010, 05:43 PM

I had that happen as well, but since installing the game to my hard drive, Ive played 9 games since with no issues at all. Before installing I had game freezes, game lag before going back to playcall screen, and intermittent sound loss. Since installing, all issues seem to have been resolved.

The pre-snap stuff, I agree I dont like it as much as last year, but once you get the d-pad stuff figured out, you can do your presnap setups just as fast as last year.

I actually like how the hot routes were re-done, giving you the ablity to assign a route instead of flicking the stick and hoping it registered right.

I also like how the audibles show the play art for the plays in the audible list. I audible a lot more this year than I ever did in past games.

As for Cassel Vs Croyle, I play Croyle. Cassel's only strength is the short throw accuracy. His deep ball is in the 50's in accuracy, whereas Croyle's is in the 70's. Im all for methodical gameplay and management but Ive got to be able to take a few shots down the field and have more than a snowball's chance in hell of getting it completed.

dse2010
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Excited doesn't do it justice. The game meets all my expectations. You can finally run the ball like you should be able to. I play in a league at thegamerslab.com and now I can be fine running with the Chiefs instead of one of the elite teams.

They finally gave JC some love too, fun times..

Von Dumbass
08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
What playbooks are yall running with this year? I have used Denver's playbook every year until now because that playbook is absolutely horseshit this year. :cuss:

I think I'm going to use the Saints PB this year. It has a bunch of money pass plays and one HB Off Tackle play.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2010, 11:12 PM
I got RDR today. It's awesome so far. I'm glad I'm waiting on Madden this year. Heck, I might just stick with Madden 2010. EA needs to put more thought into the game next year.

salame
08-12-2010, 12:13 AM
I think it's really really slowed down which does make it easier to run....and pass.

Wallcrawler
08-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Excited doesn't do it justice. The game meets all my expectations. You can finally run the ball like you should be able to. I play in a league at thegamerslab.com and now I can be fine running with the Chiefs instead of one of the elite teams.

They finally gave JC some love too, fun times..

Your ground game better be legendary, because the Chiefs have the worst QBs in the entire game.

I havent watched Cassel much since I always have to work on Sundays, but damn. Is he really that shitty at throwing the ball deep?

Out of all the starters in the league, he is about 20 points behind everyone else throwing the deep ball, and thats just the mediocre/semi good starters. There are rookies and guys riding the bench on other teams with way better passing than Cassel.

Against the upper echelon QBs, he's about 30+ points behind on the deep ball rating.

Its highly offensive to look at. I mean, the way this is portraying him, we have absolutely the WORST starting QB in the league if youre trying to throw further than 10 yards.

Playing against other human players where you get real pressure, you cant complete shit with Cassel. He's worthless if youre ever in long yardage situations.

dse2010
08-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I know right. I have Bowe on my Madden Ultimate Team and he gets dirty. :clap:

Your ground game better be legendary, because the Chiefs have the worst QBs in the entire game.

I havent watched Cassel much since I always have to work on Sundays, but damn. Is he really that shitty at throwing the ball deep?

Out of all the starters in the league, he is about 20 points behind everyone else throwing the deep ball, and thats just the mediocre/semi good starters. There are rookies and guys riding the bench on other teams with way better passing than Cassel.

Against the upper echelon QBs, he's about 30+ points behind on the deep ball rating.

Its highly offensive to look at. I mean, the way this is portraying him, we have absolutely the WORST starting QB in the league if youre trying to throw further than 10 yards.

Playing against other human players where you get real pressure, you cant complete shit with Cassel. He's worthless if youre ever in long yardage situations.

Wallcrawler
08-13-2010, 10:44 PM
For all you franchise players out there, this is a cheap kind of move but it will make you some awesome cap room.

Go into rosters/player management.

Release Matt Cassell, Tyson Jackson, and Glen Dorsey.

Begin your franchise, and then go into free agents and sign them back for a shit-ton less money and no obscene bonuses.

Because they arent rated very good, the cpu doesnt make them demand very much money at all. Certainly not the mega millions the Chiefs are pissing away on these underachieving fools.

Priest31kc
08-14-2010, 01:23 AM

Damn...havent got the game yet, but I've always played exclusively with the Chiefs, besides last year because they were so bad. I've always been a spread offense, pass it 50 times a game type of guy, rarely run the ball. But this year I want to become more balanced, like close to 50-50. But I still want to throw the damn ball down the field....maybe I will switch to Croyle.

Wallcrawler
08-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Its absolutely agonizing to play either one of them honestly.

Cassel can hit the 5-15 yarders no problem, he's king of the checkdown. 20-25, you better have great protection and not have a heavy thumb when you make the pass or it aint happening.

Deep ball, forget it. I couldve hit so many huge plays if Cassel could simply throw. I mean DB bites hard on the play action and Chambers has nobody within 15 yards of him and Cassell misses him 10 yards out of bounds.

Or when a DB slips and falls in the rain and you get a guy wide open and he overthrows them by 20 yards. Thats totally awesome.

Most common with Cassel is the over the middle route to the TE that gets overthrown for the easy pick by the safety.

And with Croyle, he's average at the deep ball, and thats about all he's got. You can miss short and medium wide open passes with him at any time. You press the button too hard, you get a little pressure or get hit as you throw....forget it.

Its so bad that I actually have to rotate the QBs in and out of the game with substitution packages if I play online. Croyle is in all the shotgun sets, and pretty much any set that Im trying to go deep with.

Cassel stays in for the tight formations, and instances where I would use play action because Croyle's play action is utter shit. Nobody bites, nobody slows down and its usually a sack or a throwaway at best.

The Chiefs QBs are terrible in this game.

MadMax
08-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Its absolutely agonizing to play either one of them honestly.

Cassel can hit the 5-15 yarders no problem, he's king of the checkdown. 20-25, you better have great protection and not have a heavy thumb when you make the pass or it aint happening.

Deep ball, forget it. I couldve hit so many huge plays if Cassel could simply throw. I mean DB bites hard on the play action and Chambers has nobody within 15 yards of him and Cassell misses him 10 yards out of bounds.

Or when a DB slips and falls in the rain and you get a guy wide open and he overthrows them by 20 yards. Thats totally awesome.

Most common with Cassel is the over the middle route to the TE that gets overthrown for the easy pick by the safety.

And with Croyle, he's average at the deep ball, and thats about all he's got. You can miss short and medium wide open passes with him at any time. You press the button too hard, you get a little pressure or get hit as you throw....forget it.

Its so bad that I actually have to rotate the QBs in and out of the game with substitution packages if I play online. Croyle is in all the shotgun sets, and pretty much any set that Im trying to go deep with.

Cassel stays in for the tight formations, and instances where I would use play action because Croyle's play action is utter shit. Nobody bites, nobody slows down and its usually a sack or a throwaway at best.

The Chiefs QBs are terrible in this game.

Hmmm! Kinda like real life ;)

DBOSHO
08-14-2010, 01:23 PM
i owe a friend madden, so im just gonna give him my copy.

i got tired of seeing qbs and backup runningbacks either jumping over my d tackles or stiff arming them to the ground

Sure-Oz
08-14-2010, 03:14 PM
This game worth buying, would gamestop give me anything for madden 2010 to get a discount?

ChiefsFan4Life
08-14-2010, 06:08 PM
If anyone has a copy for the Ps3 they eventually get sick of and are willing to sell cheap please let me know

DBOSHO
08-14-2010, 06:15 PM
This game worth buying, would gamestop give me anything for madden 2010 to get a discount?

if you like every bum on the game to turn into walter payton, then this games for you.

and youd be lucky to get $8 for 2010

Sure-Oz
08-14-2010, 08:47 PM
if you like every bum on the game to turn into walter payton, then this games for you.

and youd be lucky to get $8 for 2010

THat sucks, i made the mistake of getting 2010 last year

The Bad Guy
08-15-2010, 08:16 AM
I honestly really enjoy it.

Red Brooklyn
08-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Still haven't picked it up. I'm in my 8th year of a franchise on 2010. Not sure how anxious I am to pick up 2011.

CHENZ A!
08-15-2010, 10:52 AM
I like it. First order of business on franchise mode was to strip the captain patch off Vrabel and gave it to Berry.
Posted via Mobile Device

WhitiE
08-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Some dude tried to talk me out of choosing the chiefs he was greenbay. Then I proceeded to rape him. 21-7 at half then he left.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
That guy must suck hard, Green Bay is an easy team to be.

I'll have to do what I did last year and replace Cassel quickly.

royr17
08-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Yea I believe you'd be able to get $40 dollars off of it for Madden NFL 2011.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 06:11 PM
You have to trade 2 games to get 40 dollars and they have to be on a list...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I really like it. It's a lot of fun.

HoneyBadger
08-15-2010, 11:57 PM
I got it for free :D

dse2010
08-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I got it for free :D

How did you get it for free?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm currently 10-0, all madden. I love this game. It's a guilty pleasure lol.

HoneyBadger
08-17-2010, 11:57 PM
How did you get it for free?

They were passing games out at an event I went to.

KCrockaholic
08-18-2010, 12:05 AM
You have to trade 2 games to get 40 dollars and they have to be on a list...

This going to sound dumb, but where is this list?

Rausch
08-18-2010, 01:13 AM
So why is it WORTH buying?

Why is it better than last year's game?...

Rausch
08-18-2010, 01:15 AM
That guy must suck hard, Green Bay is an easy team to be.

I'll have to do what I did last year and replace Cassel quickly.

If you play franchise you NEVER play the first season.

Skip it, take the $#it record, trade the schlubs, take the cap hit, and draft your future team...

Short Leash Hootie
08-18-2010, 02:07 AM
A+ game if you like playing with teammates...me and my two roommates have a blast...they've really made being a receiver a lot more realistic/fun...

DBOSHO
08-18-2010, 08:00 AM
This going to sound dumb, but where is this list?

go to gamestops website and click on trade offeers at the top

dpg4zombie
08-18-2010, 08:22 AM
And at the end of each season trade your number 1 pick for the worst teams number one pick.. Then you can trade your 2nd 3rd and 4th round pick for the first pick of the team who had the second worst record.. This gets harder to do if you keep doing it since it will cost you to keep paying the number ones. But it helps to build your foundation a little more quickly.

Pestilence
08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
And at the end of each season trade your number 1 pick for the worst teams number one pick.. Then you can trade your 2nd 3rd and 4th round pick for the first pick of the team who had the second worst record.. This gets harder to do if you keep doing it since it will cost you to keep paying the number ones. But it helps to build your foundation a little more quickly.

This is why Madden is broke.

That makes the game fun for all of about a week.

QuikSsurfer
08-18-2010, 02:34 PM

I don't blame Madden... Gamers will always find a way to cheat the system.

The game is ace.

Dayze
08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
how does it compare to NCAA 2011?
I just received it NCAA 2011 as a gift; but have only played the Madden demo.
I had Madden 2010, and it was 'eh''....

Wallcrawler
08-20-2010, 01:06 AM

What?

Hey, here's an idea. Um.....dont trade the draft picks?

Its a football game. Football is fun all the time. Not just for a week. Especially if youre playing against other people.

Its the best Madden to date, get it or dont.

Short Leash Hootie
08-20-2010, 11:13 AM
It is what it is...

The graphics are amazing...they've made playing with teammates incredibly fun this year...

but once again the gameplay, as always, is severely lacking...

the last great Madden was 2008 for Xbox and PS2...the gameplay was amazing...

the best of the best truly stood out...not who played with the Saints...or the best team...the best video game players...

not like that anymore...

for instance...in 2008...if I knew a guy was going to throw to his TE over the middle...I would pick it off every time...or at least break up the play...

now...in these maddens...any 10 year old kid can find a money play and I KNOW it's coming...but it's so hard to control your guys and the gameplay with the "real life" graphics they'll just complete the pass every time anyways

that is frustrating...and it makes it an offensive game with very little defensive control but it is what it is and these last two maddens for the next gen consoles have at least been entertaining and playable...albeit take less skill to be good at the games

Pestilence
08-20-2010, 12:00 PM
What?

Hey, here's an idea. Um.....dont trade the draft picks?

Its a football game. Football is fun all the time. Not just for a week. Especially if youre playing against other people.

Its the best Madden to date, get it or dont.

I don't play online unless it's against friends because 99% of the players online are fucking retarded. They all play with the Saints or the Titans and they fucking cheese the entire time.

I bought Madden for the Franchise aspect. It's been broken for years now and they're doing nothing to fix it.

So guess what....I won't be getting it. NCAA is far superior.

Wallcrawler
08-20-2010, 01:13 PM
It is what it is...

The graphics are amazing...they've made playing with teammates incredibly fun this year...

Yep, Co-op is pretty sweet.

Not hardly. Vacuum Blocking animations need to go away, but Id rather have that and successful blocks than a dodgy blocking system where they try to go for realistic impact blocks and just miss every time.

the best of the best truly stood out...not who played with the Saints...or the best team...the best video game players...

not like that anymore...

As far as online play goes, there are always going to be players that find the glitchy stuff and try to exploit it. People who think their online record actually means something and wont use a team rated under 90. Simply find a different opponent.

for instance...in 2008...if I knew a guy was going to throw to his TE over the middle...I would pick it off every time...or at least break up the play...

now...in these maddens...any 10 year old kid can find a money play and I KNOW it's coming...but it's so hard to control your guys and the gameplay with the "real life" graphics they'll just complete the pass every time anyways

If you know the money play, call a defense geared to stop it. Then, when you switch to the defender, if youre having trouble controlling them (I find Eric Berry to be hard to control based on how fast he is, I tend to over run..) then what you do is switch over and then hold down the A button. Basicly, its CPU assist. Like with the ball in the air, my friend would always mis-time the swats or trying to intercept, and it would result in a long TD every time.

Using the CPU assist, you switch over, hold A and the play gets made whether it be a swat, pick, or solid tackle.

that is frustrating...and it makes it an offensive game with very little defensive control but it is what it is and these last two maddens for the next gen consoles have at least been entertaining and playable...albeit take less skill to be good at the games

If you are one of those 6-play playbook kind of Madden Players that constantly cycle through a few favorite plays all game, then yeah youre gonna have a hard time this year. You constantly have to change your plays, but not only that, vary your defensive line play. If you know its going right, you have to tell the D-line to crash right. Otherwise, they just go forward, or just according to play design and they bust a big one.

Gotta use the defensive assignments. Assign your best defenders to the other team's best players. Dont stick with Automatic. This madden tries to take control away from you. Turn off auto sprint, turn off gameflow.

Its not really a pick up and play game on defense anymore. Some people dont like it.

When going for tackles, just run into them or use the dive tackle. Hit stick tackles fail if your tackling is not top notch. Same thing with trying to use the strip ball technique. You better have 3 dudes there if youre going for a strip tackle, otherwise what looks like a solid tackle that you have on a guy quickly ends with you on the ground as you try to strip.

The new locomotion system is great. Running the football feels great, and aside from the vacuum blocking animations, I think this game is hands down the best Madden game made so far.

DBOSHO
08-20-2010, 08:38 PM
if you guys want a nice laugh, play the colts on all-pro.

EVERY SINGLE PLAY peyton throws a slant.

this is the most accurate madden to date :thumb:

Chiefs Rool
08-21-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm liking Madden right now. I started a franchise with the Chiefs. Game 1, Cassel gets a broken collarbone, haha I was like "oh darn it, oh well" So I traded Jarred Page for Colt McCoy and the Browns 4th round pick, but I'll tell ya what, Brodie Croyle is kicking ass in this game! He's 10x better than Cassel was. I almost wish this would happen in real life too, haha. But another thing, Wallace Gillberry is way way better than Tyson Jackson too, I had to start him over Jackson.

Wallcrawler
08-21-2010, 03:16 PM
one of my main gripes with this game is the severe injury thing. Even after messing with some sliders, I still have an inordinant amount of players go out over the course of a season, the number one injury being the broken collarbone.

Its so effin annoying. I see the cart come on the field in this game more than any of the other past maddens combined.

Its so awesome to have your first round pick, whom you are paying 8 million dollars to rush the passer, go down with a broken collarbone after sacking the quarterback.

Lost McCluster to the collarbone after being tackled normally on a punt return.

Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers had the broken collarbone as well.

Im thinking its more of a glitch than anything, Im hoping for a patch. Ive actually started re-starting my franchise games when the collarbone happens. My cap space is limited, and I cant afford to keep signing replacement players just so I can enter the game with a full roster.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2010, 03:31 PM
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=quickupdate

Quick update for Madden fans
by Ian Cummings 08/21/10 10:41 AM

First off, you may or may not have noticed some news that was recently propped to your consoles regarding online quitters. The number one issue that we heard loud and clear out of the community was that rampant quitting had become a major problem in the online experience, both in ranked games and Madden Ultimate Team games. Well we were able to work on this over the last week and then deploy some quick fixes to the server to help deter this practice. The fixes were as follows:

1. Any quitter / disconnecter in a ranked game will automatically be given a loss. The victim will automatically be given a win.

2. We are currently monitoring the leaderboards and planning on zero’ing out the stats of any accounts found to be using quitting tactics (via high DNF / win percentages and game logs). This monitoring will be standard practice moving forward as well, as we have built in notifications to our server team that will automatically zero out any folks caught “boosting”, or using one account to quit immediately and award a win.

3. In a Madden Ultimate Team game, a person quitting will have a game burned off of his contracts for the players in the game to discourage this practice. The victim will always receive coins, prorated based on the percentage complete of the game (i.e. if it’s the 1st quarter, he’ll only get of the coins he would have gotten if he were to finish, if it’s at the end of the game, he’ll get ~90%, etc). The same note applies as above on anyone caught “boosting” after this fix is rolled out – they will be punished with bans, contract removals, or any other tactics we see fit.

4. We also found an issue where PDLC OTP boosts were being subtracted incorrectly. Anyone that had this happen has had their boost coin purchase refunded.

One thing I should note is that there is a bit of a trade-off with stats with the auto-loss / auto-win implementation. Since we wanted to roll this out as quickly as possible, there is one thing to be aware of in that average stats will take a hit when a quit occurs. What I mean by this is that if you have played 3 games and are averaging 100 rush yards per game, if a quit occurs, your rush average will drop down to 75 since you have a 4th game with zero stats. We will look into addressing this down the line but we wanted to get the fix out for the quitters as soon as possible.

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games

- Generally making pass defense more effective

- Reducing number of broken tackles

- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)

- Tuning injuries

- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic

- Improving play action blocking

- Improving kick return blocking

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.

- Random stability improvements

Hopefully this should give you a glimpse of our current priorities and our continued commitment to keeping Madden NFL 11 relevant and giving you an enjoyable experience over the entire year. We continue to listen for any and all top issues, and the list above is by no means all inclusive or locked so feel free to drop by the EA Forums to provide any feedback on things you want fixed.

Lastly, thanks to all of you for buying and playing Madden NFL 11…see you on the gridiron!

Wallcrawler
08-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Sounds good, especially the user blitz stuff. God I hate the guy lining up 20 yards outside the tackle and getting the easy sack every play.

Short Leash Hootie
08-21-2010, 10:22 PM
The new locomotion system is great. Running the football feels great, and aside from the vacuum blocking animations, I think this game is hands down the best Madden game made so far.

don't patronize me buddy I've played MORE madden than you could EVER imagine...

I don't want to use CPU assist...

I want my madden to have good gameplay like the XBOX maddens had...

and simply they don't...and haven't...and probably never will

Like I said...

it is what it is

Von Dumbass
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM
if you guys want a nice laugh, play the colts on all-pro.

EVERY SINGLE PLAY peyton throws a slant.

this is the most accurate madden to date :thumb:

The Patriots and Colts are some of the easiest teams to stop if you have CB's who are good at pressing. Just go man to man across the board in press coverage and then blitz everybody else. When you are playing the Patriots Tom Brady will throw to Welker 90% of the time so if you take him away its game over. The last time I played the Pats (7 min quarters All Pro no accelerated clock) I beat them 147-6 and Brady threw over 10 INT's and completed 35% of his passes.

Fruit Ninja
08-21-2010, 11:28 PM
The Patriots and Colts are some of the easiest teams to stop if you have CB's who are good at pressing. Just go man to man across the board in press coverage and then blitz everybody else. When you are playing the Patriots Tom Brady will throw to Welker 90% of the time so if you take him away its game over. The last time I played the Pats (7 min quarters All Pro no accelerated clock) I beat them 147-6 and Brady threw over 10 INT's and completed 35% of his passes.

Thats not playing simulation football. Thats what makes me say fuck Madden and why i wont buy it. Doihgn the same shit over and over to get a cheesy win is bullshit. ITs like why even play? that shit is 0 fun.

Wallcrawler
08-22-2010, 12:00 AM
don't patronize me buddy I've played MORE madden than you could EVER imagine...

Where the feck is all that hostility coming from? Cool your jets, fuqtard. I never patronized you.

FWIW, not that Im trying to get into a pissing contest with you, but Ive played a lot of madden over the years as well, been playing them since the Sega Genesis and this game is by far superior to the XBOX and PS2 Maddens that ever got released.

I don't want to use CPU assist...

So dont, just learn to play the fecking game then. Its an option for the whiners who cant seem to do it on their own and instead of being angry with their own lack of skill, shit on the game.

I want my madden to have good gameplay like the XBOX maddens had...

Sorry, those last gen system editions of Madden dont measure up to the new ones. Im not sure which areas you feel are superior, but the gameplay on the PS3 and 360 Maddens have been superior in graphics and gameplay.

and simply they don't...and haven't...and probably never will

Yeah, I miss the days of running into the hole and immediately falling down as soon as another player touched me. That was incredibly fun gameplay.

Or how about picking the same play over and over and over and never having it fail? Yeah that was great gameplay.

Hey, remember just picking goal line offense and running with a fast QB for a TD every down? Ah man wasnt that great?

Being able to consistently rack up 7-8 sacks a game....boy was that realistic.

Hey how about that one year where they put in formation shifts and it glitched the opposing defense's stamina to 0. How epic fail was that! Rushed for over 500 yards in a single game doin that! I WAS TEH PWN BABY!!! :rolleyes:

Remember how you could take a 55 rated QB and throw for 5000 yards in a season? It didnt matter what the THP/THA/AWR numbers were. All they were there for was for sim purposes. Cant do that type of stuff anymore....that makes me sad. :rolleyes:

I loved having my 99 rated CB that I paid megacash to get burned every game by scrub wrs barely rated 70. Beautiful AI.

I could go on and on about the flaws in those games that you dont see in the new Maddens. I really dont see why anyone would want to return to that type of gameplay. Those old Maddens were feckin terrible compared to these new ones.

Like I said...

it is what it is

Good closure. Really, very strong.

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2010, 07:49 AM
this is why true gamers never respect madden gamers...

2008 was the last year madden had anything to do with player skill...

I had a mock Live name "Damon Huard" and I played with the Chiefs...benched Green and played with Huard as my starting QB and would never get beat...

they took out the most innovative Madden feature ever (QB vision) because it was "too hard" for people to learn...

The XBOX versions it mattered how good you were...you could actually control your guys and make a difference..

you're right...if you were good enough at QB vision you could make a bad QB tear up the opposition...

but I'm not talking about playing the fucking computer like you moron...I'm talking about playing actual people and back in 2008 (for XBOX) they even had a better online ranking system...

the next gen gameplay has gone to shit...

this year I can already tell the hit stick isn't nearly as good as it was even last year...WR's like Calvin Johnson in coop mode can't be stopped...too big, and make too many ridiculous catches...and the movements for offensive players are way more CPU assisted and fluent than those for defensive players...

You obviously look for "realism" in your video games...

but it's a fucking video game....

you're the same idiot who bitched about Tiger Woods being unrealistic back when it was one of the best sports games on the planet...and when they fixed it to make it more realistic...you realized "hey wait a second!" and then bitched about it being too hard.

I'm a madden fan...I think Madden '10 was easily...1,000,000 times over...the best next gen madden to date...the first playable one, that's for sure...

I think this Madden is ok so far...and really good for what I'll be playing it for...(three guys on the same team)...

but other than that...it's just too dumbed down gameplay wise for any fucking n00b to be good at it since it's so heavily CPU weighted...

gone are the days where actual player skill matter...in are the days where "realistic" play is in, and computer assisted plays are all there is...

IT
IS
WHAT
IT
IS

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2010, 07:53 AM
and I am the gamer who plays the games how they are meant to be played...

so I'm not the idiot who turns gameflow off (decent feature) or sprint back on...

but really...what was the point of getting rid of sprint? OH...AND AUTO-STRAFE ON DEFENSE? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

They've dumbed down the game...once again...

Meaning the two buttons my hands are used to using most...(RT for sprint, LT for strafe) on defense...are ****ing automatic...so how the **** are they suggesting I hold the controller...when everything I usually do playing with my SS is being done for me automatically?

But congrats Wildcrawler...it seems like you've found your madden! The computer does everything for you!

DBOSHO
08-22-2010, 08:15 AM

so I'm not the idiot who turns gameflow off (decent feature) or sprint back on...

but really...what was the point of getting rid of sprint? OH...AND AUTO-STRAFE ON DEFENSE? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Meaning the two buttons my hands are used to using most...(RT for sprint, LT for strafe) on defense...are ****ing automatic...so how the **** are they suggesting I hold the controller...when everything I usually do playing with my SS is being done for me automatically?

But congrats Wildcrawler...it seems like you've found your madden! The computer does everything for you!

i bet you got rocked on a regular basis

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2010, 03:41 PM

I had a mock Live name "Damon Huard" and I played with the Chiefs...benched Green and played with Huard as my starting QB and would never get beat...

they took out the most innovative Madden feature ever (QB vision) because it was "too hard" for people to learn...

The XBOX versions it mattered how good you were...you could actually control your guys and make a difference..

you're right...if you were good enough at QB vision you could make a bad QB tear up the opposition...

but I'm not talking about playing the ****ing computer like you moron...I'm talking about playing actual people and back in 2008 (for XBOX) they even had a better online ranking system...

this year I can already tell the hit stick isn't nearly as good as it was even last year...WR's like Calvin Johnson in coop mode can't be stopped...too big, and make too many ridiculous catches...and the movements for offensive players are way more CPU assisted and fluent than those for defensive players...

but it's a ****ing video game....

you're the same idiot who bitched about Tiger Woods being unrealistic back when it was one of the best sports games on the planet...and when they fixed it to make it more realistic...you realized "hey wait a second!" and then bitched about it being too hard.

I'm a madden fan...I think Madden '10 was easily...1,000,000 times over...the best next gen madden to date...the first playable one, that's for sure...

I think this Madden is ok so far...and really good for what I'll be playing it for...(three guys on the same team)...

but other than that...it's just too dumbed down gameplay wise for any ****ing n00b to be good at it since it's so heavily CPU weighted...

gone are the days where actual player skill matter...in are the days where "realistic" play is in, and computer assisted plays are all there is...

IT
IS
WHAT
IT
IS

LOL wow. Some people on this site need to get laid...really REALLY bad.

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2010, 07:23 PM
LOL wow. Some people on this site need to get laid...really REALLY bad.

In all honesty...

and I try to refrain from all sorts of gayness because I simply don't care...

but in all honesty...

I'd have a hard time believing someone [on this board] had more sex over the course of this summer than I did with my girlfriend...we just started dating at the beginning of May and I probably had sex with her, on average, 30 times a week...if not more.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2010, 07:25 PM
In all honesty...

and I try to refrain from all sorts of gayness because I simply don't care...

but in all honesty...

I'd have a hard time believing someone [on this board] had more sex over the course of this summer than I did with my girlfriend...we just started dating at the beginning of May and I probably had sex with her, on average, 30 times a week...if not more.

Then why are you arguing about a video game?! It's a video game man!!! It's not worth it!!!

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Then why are you arguing about a video game?! It's a video game man!!! It's not worth it!!!

Well considering I grew up in the "video game generation", it is worth it.

***NEWSFLASH***

It's 2010...everybody 35 and younger plays video games...and if they don't...this is the first generation where there is probably something wrong with them...instead of the ones that are actually still gaming.

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll never understand some people...

Yeah...I'm passionate about video games...oh no!

What's the difference between me being passionate about video games and other people being passionate about politics?

If it's just "a video game man!" then stay the fuck out of a video game thread, man!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Well considering I grew up in the "video game generation", it is worth it.

***NEWSFLASH***

It's 2010...everybody 35 and younger plays video games...and if they don't...this is the first generation where there is probably something wrong with them...instead of the ones that are actually still gaming.

lol right. Something is wrong with people that don't play video games. Got it. I'll write that down.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2010, 08:22 PM
I'll never understand some people...

Yeah...I'm passionate about video games...oh no!

What's the difference between me being passionate about video games and other people being passionate about politics?

If it's just "a video game man!" then stay the **** out of a video game thread, man!

You're weird.

Wallcrawler
08-22-2010, 09:55 PM

True gamers? A gamer is someone who plays videogames. Im not sure how one becomes a "false" gamer, but I guess in your little world I guess that's what I am. Whatever. I could really care less what other players think about how, or what I play.

Yeah, QB vision was good, and they should have kept it in. They didnt, and it bites but whatever. Its not like it destroyed the game.

I think I see your problem. You actually believe that it is not possible to control your players and impact the game this year?

Your problem is obvious.

You suck.

but I'm not talking about playing the ****ing computer like you moron...I'm talking about playing actual people and back in 2008 (for XBOX) they even had a better online ranking system...

Moron? You do realize that human players only control ONE player on the team at a time, right?

Youre always playing the against the computer in some form or another. You cant be everywhere at once.

Wow. For someone that has played as much football as you claim to have played for so many years, you should know the advantages, and disadvantages of different tackling techniques.

Hit Stick is selling out for the big hit. Youre not wrapping up, youre going for a HIT.

Hitting, and TACKLING are two quite different things.

If you want the guy on the ground, sprint into him for the textbook tackle. Not flicking the stick, not hitting the strip button.

If you sell out for a hit and the guy breaks the tackle, or you just bounce off, thats your own fault.

but it's a ****ing video game....

Right, so if a guy threw a pass and the receiver jumped 12 feet in the air to catch it NFL STREET style, you would be ok with that because its a videogame?

Youre reaching now. I really hope youre not that stupid. When I buy a Madden game, I expect to see things that would be in the realm of possibility of happening on Sundays.

Ok, I havent been here in a long time, and Ive barely played Tiger Woods ever. I remember one edition where the damn thing let you control the ball in the air after it was hit, which was the dumbest thing Id ever seen. Im gonna need you to quote what I said before I acknowledge this point any further.

but other than that...it's just too dumbed down gameplay wise for any ****ing n00b to be good at it since it's so heavily CPU weighted...

IT
IS
WHAT
IT
IS

Again, Im just gonna have to call lack of player skill on this one. This game is hardly pick up and play if youre playing against someone that knows what they are doing. Shutting people out is not impossible. Youre more likely to encounter a quit before that happens, but you can play great defense on this game.

Youre not an idiot? Couldve fooled me. Youre using a gimmick feature which is just a glorified Ask Madden without pressing the button for it when you have the ability to call your own plays.

Thats user stupidity keeping that problem from being solved.

Its more accessible to newer madden players, but you can take the game back to the settings that Madden 10 were. It takes 10 seconds. You should try it.

Options/Auto Sprint OFF/Auto Strafe OFF. Problem Solved.

Its not hard. Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps.

WALLcrawler. Literacy problems as well? Damn.

Anyway, if you go back through this thread, you will see that Ive previously recommended turing off all of the automatic stuff. Gameflow, Sprint, and Strafe.

Go ahead, Ill wait.

Back already? Mustve had someone read it to you eh?

I suggested CPU assist to you because you said you had trouble controlling your players. But since you dont want to use that either, I guess youre just gonna have to learn how to play the game on your own.

Just keep telling yourself the game is the reason youre losing. Youre actually really very good, its just the game makes all the noobs better than you.

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM
if I turned off all of the features the game wants us to learn (for upcoming titles), I'd be like the dumbasses who turned off QB vision years ago because it wasn't "convenient" to learn...

Obviously they want us to get used to not having sprint...

auto-strafe??

that is something I might REALLY consider taking off...

either way...

this game is clearly dumbed down for the lesser talented players like yourself

The_Doctor10
08-23-2010, 12:32 AM
if I turned off all of the features the game wants us to learn (for upcoming titles), I'd be like the dumbasses who turned off QB vision years ago because it wasn't "convenient" to learn...

auto-strafe??

either way...

I think the biggest issue with QB vision was that after 1 or 2 good years, everyone had pretty much maxed it out; you'd make one receiver hot on teh side you wanted to throw to, and that would cover you. I think a better way to have handled it would've been to make guys like Brees, Manning and Brady have bigger visions, but still small enough to require players to 'look' around the field.

But alas, that's not what's happened.

This Madden is ok; I'm a shitty player on defense, so maybe this is my fault, but I hate how hard it is to pick off passes when i'm right there... anyone have a tip for this?

Short Leash Hootie
08-23-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't get that post...

QB vision was great the one year they MADE you keep it on...

you either toughed it out and learned it (the greatest madden feature ever)...or you cried about it and got your way and they made it optional in 2008...

biggest bunch of crybaby fanboys this franchise has...

that's why they've made the game SO EASY to play, a caveman could do it!

Auto-strafe on defense is the tipping point lol...

they really, really, really, really want everyone to just be equals at this game...they are trying so hard to put everyone on a level playing ground...

except for wildcryer...he's the Joe Montania of Madden football!!1

KCrockaholic
08-23-2010, 01:52 AM
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=quickupdate

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games

- Generally making pass defense more effective

- Reducing number of broken tackles

- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)

- Tuning injuries

- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic

- Improving play action blocking

- Improving kick return blocking

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.

- Random stability improvements

If they can fix 8 of these problems, I will buy the game.

Wallcrawler
08-23-2010, 03:08 AM

Wanting to use your own playcalling really makes you a dumbass....how?

Are you listening to yourself? God youre thick.

Hey, genius.

YOU STILL HAVE SPRINT. YOU JUST ARENT PULLING THE TRIGGER.

Jesus. Where are my crayons? I could just draw it out for you and then you could understand.

auto-strafe??

either way...

Lesser talented players like me.

Yeah, thats a good one. Considering I made all those posts about not being able to control my players and make a difference on this game.

Oh wait a minute....

That was you.

You know, just when I think you couldnt possibly post anything dumber than what Ive already seen, you come right back in and raise the bar for stupidity even higher.

Well done.

Von Dumbass
08-23-2010, 08:00 AM
My main gripe with Madden is when they took training camp out of franchise mode. Those drills not only helped you progress your player but also made you better at the game if you did it enough. I got really good at user catching back in the day and I haven't been able to do it very well since they took training camp out.

KCtotheSB
08-23-2010, 08:17 AM
My opinion, so take it with a grain of salt if you slobber all over Madden's nuts........but this Madden is the worst effort in years for EA. I play in an online Madden league and scores are frequently up in the 50s-60s on 7 min. quarters. The defense (and this is on All-Madden, mind you) is atrocious. Zone defense? Nada. Man defense? STILL no progress. Blitz? Good luck getting to the QB with running backs flanking out. And holy Christ, the broken tackles are ridiculous.... I was happy with Madden '10 and hoping for more progress here in '11. Well, unless a patch fixes this shitty D.....then it ain't happening.

My new fall sports game to look forward too? NHL '11. If you're not playing any of the NHL games, you're really missing out.

DBOSHO
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
what are you crying about hootie? you suck nuts at madden.

Short Leash Hootie
08-23-2010, 04:54 PM
what are you crying about hootie? you suck nuts at madden.

you might as well not bother replying to me anymore...this is the last post of yours I will ever read

ignore

DBOSHO
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
you might as well not bother replying to me anymore...this is the last post of yours I will ever read

ignore

i win!

ChiefsFan4Life
08-24-2010, 07:55 PM
My opinion, so take it with a grain of salt if you slobber all over Madden's nuts........but this Madden is the worst effort in years for EA. I play in an online Madden league and scores are frequently up in the 50s-60s on 7 min. quarters. The defense (and this is on All-Madden, mind you) is atrocious. Zone defense? Nada. Man defense? STILL no progress. Blitz? Good luck getting to the QB with running backs flanking out. And holy Christ, the broken tackles are ridiculous.... I was happy with Madden '10 and hoping for more progress here in '11. Well, unless a patch fixes this shitty D.....then it ain't happening.

My new fall sports game to look forward too? NHL '11. If you're not playing any of the NHL games, you're really missing out.

Do you have Madden for PS3 or Xbox? If you have the PS3 version and you ever get fed up and want to sell it cheap let me know - thanks

scott free
01-21-2011, 08:25 PM
I f*cking hate this one, actually, i've been getting sick of it for a few years. They constantly change basic game controls, maybe a few are for the better but most are just a huge pain in the ass.

Its like getting a new OC every year, always having to learn new moves & audibles & tons of other stuff every g*damned year.

Short Leash Hootie
01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I think this is the best Madden of all time...

to each his own I suppose

WV
01-22-2011, 01:54 PM
I f*cking hate this one, actually, i've been getting sick of it for a few years. They constantly change basic game controls, maybe a few are for the better but most are just a huge pain in the ass.

Its like getting a new OC every year, always having to learn new moves & audibles & tons of other stuff every g*damned year.

That's partially why I haven't even cracked this years open. The game play hasn't changed all that much they just tweak the controls to continually dumb it down to sell more to new players. I really wish they had it so you could go back to the classic controls like they used to.

Short Leash Hootie
01-22-2011, 10:31 PM
the audible system in this year's game is the best feature they've introduced since QB vision (a feature that quickly died because of all the cry babies who wouldn't spend the 1 hour in practice mode to learn how to use it)

The Bad Guy
01-22-2011, 11:26 PM
I agree. This is the best one in a long, long time.

scott free
01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Hopefully it grows on me, the graphics & fluidity of play improved, i just hate re-learning certain things. Just bought it a week ago, might take Hooties advice & actually do a lil practice first, lol.

I gotta have the play caller off though, imo, the best way to learn the entire playbook & what plays you do & dont like is to scroll through & call'em yourself.

CHENZ A!
01-23-2011, 11:07 AM
i bought this game when it came out, and sold it a month later. Madden was seriously horrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
01-24-2011, 07:39 AM
My son rented it a couple weeks ago. He liked it and I like it well enough that I bought a copy last night. EA store was running a special if enter the code AFC (slickdeals.net says enter 'NFC', but that didn't work). That made it $24 w/free shipping. The only thing we didn't like is that it was hard to play defense. But maybe that's just the Chiefs. Or maybe that's something that takes a little time to learn. Controls are very much like NCAA Football so I'm familiar with that part.

Kyle DeLexus
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
My son rented it a couple weeks ago. He liked it and I like it well enough that I bought a copy last night. EA store was running a special if enter the code AFC (slickdeals.net says enter 'NFC', but that didn't work). That made it $24 w/free shipping. The only thing we didn't like is that it was hard to play defense. But maybe that's just the Chiefs. Or maybe that's something that takes a little time to learn. Controls are very much like NCAA Football so I'm familiar with that part.

Do you know if that special is still going?

Lzen
01-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Do you know if that special is still going?

No idea. Try it.

Woodrow Call
01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Anybody else play co-op? My buddy and me have been playing a ton of it the past few weeks.

Kyle DeLexus
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Not working.

DBOSHO
01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I have a hard time playing online with all the glitchers

Short Leash Hootie
01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
I have a hard time playing online with all the glitchers

typical of someone who sucks

we're not glitching

we're just better than you

I have yet to see one guy who did anything glitchy against me and I play the best of the best players online...

define what makes someone a "glitcher" in this year's game? please

I'm listening

Huffman83
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
typical of someone who sucks

we're not glitching

we're just better than you

I have yet to see one guy who did anything glitchy against me and I play the best of the best players online...

define what makes someone a "glitcher" in this year's game? please

I'm listening

I haven't been playing against guys that are the best of the best. But I've yet to see guys glitching. Some people run the same plays over and over. But if you can't adjust to what a team is doing, then you really deserve to get stomped.

Short Leash Hootie
01-24-2011, 08:33 PM
the only glitch that ever happened to me was I was running out the clock to kick a game winning field goal (down 1) and when I went to hit T.O. with 2 seconds left the dude hit pause real quick...

no problem, I just called a T.O. on the pause menu...and then as soon as the game started up I kept hitting select...nothing...time expired and I lost by 1.

Other than that...I have yet to see a glitch and I have played guys with 90-2 records.

Sofa King
01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Does the Madden contract to keep the exclusive rights ever end? if so, then when?

Pestilence
01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
From slickdeals.net

EA Store has Madden NFL 11 on sale with free shipping when you enter code MaddenBowl2011.
Xbox 360 $23.98
PS3 $23.98
Wii $19.98

Sofa King
01-26-2011, 03:26 PM
From slickdeals.net

ever buy anything from there?

Pestilence
01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
ever buy anything from there?

The EA store? or Slickdeals.net?

Pestilence
01-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Slickdeals.net is just a website that points you to good deals. You don't actually buy anything FROM them.

Sofa King
01-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Slickdeals.net is just a website that points you to good deals. You don't actually buy anything FROM them.

yeah. i figured that out after i actually looked into it.

bowener
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Yea, just tried to buy it using MaddenBowl2011. Invalid.

Fruit Ninja
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
ill play it if it's for free lol ok, i'd spend 5 bucks tops.

Short Leash Hootie
01-26-2011, 10:14 PM
ill play it if it's for free lol ok, i'd spend 5 bucks tops.

omg hahaha lol ur so funny haha

Sofa King
01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Yea, just tried to buy it using MaddenBowl2011. Invalid.

Yeah. it must be outdated already.

Fruit Ninja
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
omg hahaha lol ur so funny haha

Well its true. For a game thats been around for as long as it has, its not even close to where it should be. So why would i pay for it? just because it has the NFL logo on it? sorry, for me thats not good enough. I buy and play games so i can have fun with them, not be dissapointed.

Lzen
01-27-2011, 02:39 PM
From slickdeals.net

Yes. Slickdeals is just a website that posts deals at other sites. the link will take you to the EA store website. I just bought Madden 11 from them the other day.

Lzen
01-27-2011, 02:41 PM
And I bought it on Sunday when they ran that same promo for $24 with free shipping. I also had a $20 EA promo code that they sent me when I had problems with one of my online NCAA Football dynasties. So my total ended up being $4. :)

Pestilence
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
And I bought it on Sunday when they ran that same promo for $24 with free shipping. I also had a $20 EA promo code that they sent me when I had problems with one of my online NCAA Football dynasties. So my total ended up being $4. :)

I'll give you $8 for it.

You can't beat that kind of profit. :D

Sofa King
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll give you $8 for it.

You can't beat that kind of profit. :D

and i'll give you $12 for it.

Pestilence
01-27-2011, 04:56 PM
$12.50

royr17
02-23-2011, 12:57 PM
It is what it is...

not like that anymore...

You do have a point about that, in Madden 11 I can go for it in the 4th down situation, punt formation, make the punt, run the ball with the fullback whether it is 4th and 3rd or 4th and 5 i usually pick up like anywhere from 25 to 50 yards on the fake punt direct snap to the fullback.

Sofa King
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
$12.50

$12.51

Fruit Ninja
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking if there is a madden game with the actual NFL players i may take my talents to the EA game. If it sux, shit is getting traded back for something else, even if i have to take a loss. lol

Short Leash Hootie
02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm thinking if there is a madden game with the actual NFL players i may take my talents to the EA game. If it sux, shit is getting traded back for something else, even if i have to take a loss. lol

:spock:

Fruit Ninja
02-23-2011, 11:29 PM
I havent seriously played a NFL football game since the beginning of 2005. Its been a while. Hell before that, i was playing them every year since 10 yard fight. It was a difficult divorce. Not one wanted by me. lol