PDA

View Full Version : Football Knowshon Moreno is NOT the worst AFCW RB

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 04:45 AM
You guys are always piling on KnowMo for defending his namesake. We saw that Knowshon had a lot of yards due to being in the Top Ten in rushing attempts, but if you look at Yards Per Carry you see that there is an AFCW team leader that is actually ranked below him! So lay off of KnowMo - his guy is not as bad as he seems at first glance:

#1 Jamaal Charles_________5.9 YPC
#14 Michael Bush__________4.8 YPC
#36 Knowshon Moreno______3.8 YPC (tied with Justin Fargas)
Not Ranked__Darren Sproles__3.3 YPC

GoHuge
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
I see a reach-around coming!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-27-2010, 05:52 AM
36/60 Well if they are grading on a curve and Cassel has the 2nd highest score in the class, he's numba 1 and KnowMo can have a celebratory gerkin jerkin.

Von Dumbass
06-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Denver's LG and C did not fit this offense and then Ryan Harris got hurt. Knowshon was in the top 10 in broken tackles last year and 2/3 of his yards came after first contact. Hopefully Clady gets healthy, the two rookies step right in at LG and C, and Ryan Harris doesn't reinjure that toe.

Fritz88
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
knowshon will improve this next year.

EyePod
06-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Incorrect. Ladanian Tomlinson was the worst. There's more to how good a RB is than YPC.

Ranked 59th/63 in the league.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=HB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

And Moreno is about average. Definitely not terrible. And ProFootballFocus looks at every single player on every single play, so it's generally better than hard stats.

EyePod
06-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Denver's LG and C did not fit this offense and then Ryan Harris got hurt. Knowshon was in the top 10 in broken tackles last year and 2/3 of his yards came after first contact. Hopefully Clady gets healthy, the two rookies step right in at LG and C, and Ryan Harris doesn't reinjure that toe.

He did have ~600 yards after contact compared to his 947 total yards. JC was the league leader in Yards after Contact per attempt. :)

milkman
06-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Incorrect. Ladanian Tomlinson was the worst. There's more to how good a RB is than YPC.

Ranked 59th/63 in the league.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=HB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

And Moreno is about average. Definitely not terrible. And ProFootballFocus looks at every single player on every single play, so it's generally better than hard stats.

Since Tomlinson is no longer in the AFCW, he no longer qualifies to be the worst in the division.

Gadzooks
06-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Most of Sproles runs were up the gut. I've no idea why Norf did that so often. But, obviously, Sproles value comes, primarily, on screens.

Knowshon started strong but lost steam as the season progressed. He got to gain some stamina (and speed) to up those numbers.

Chiefaholic
06-27-2010, 08:18 AM

KC's LG (old), C, RG, and RT did not fit this offense and Waters missed a game. Charles was in the top 10 in YPG in the last half of the season, despite dodging the defense behind the LOS 2/3 of the time. Hopefully Albert stays healthy and Asamoah can step right in at LG or C, and Croyle doesn't reinjure that finger again.

boogblaster
06-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Sproles has never been used like he should be .. this year will tell the tale .. he should be fresh since he's rode the bench for years ...

Hog Farmer
06-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm really glad Norv is coaching SD
McDouchebag is coaching Denver
And Haley is Coaching KC.

Advantage Chiefs.

MTG#10
06-27-2010, 08:41 AM
36/60 Well if they are grading on a curb and Cassel has the 2nd highest score in the class, he's numba 1 and KnowMo can have a celebratory gerkin jerkin.

:doh!:

CupidStunt
06-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Moreno is garbage. He should be a 3rd down back because his best skills by far are blocking and receiving (not doing a lot after the catch but actually catching). Awful speed, quickness and power, very average vision and elusiveness, no burst and absolutely no second gear.

A scrub like Buckhalter will continue to produce better on a per-carry basis.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-27-2010, 09:00 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-hqGroNreE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-hqGroNreE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nuff said

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 09:10 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-hqGroNreE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-hqGroNreE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nuff said

Wooooooooooooooooo

He sounds like a... like a big choo choo train. Power bomb, courtesy of Captain Insano.

Rudy lost the toss
06-27-2010, 09:24 AM
he lead with his helmet /KnowMo

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Denver's LG and C did not fit this offense and then Ryan Harris got hurt.

KC's LG (old), C, RG, and RT did not fit this offense and Waters missed a game.

What KnowMo is trying to say is that if Denver's O-line was as good as Oakland's, Moreno would have been just as good as Bush... and if the Bronco O-line was as good as KC's, Moreno would have been just as good as Charles.

Chiefaholic
06-27-2010, 09:59 AM
What KnowMo is trying to say is that if Denver's O-line was as good as Oakland's, Moreno would have been just as good as Bush... and if the Bronco O-line was as good as KC's, Moreno would have been just as good as Charles.

My point was that four of the 5 positions on the line blew chunks last season. Moreno wouldn't have looked any better behind the Chiefs O-Line than he did the Broncos. The only future on last years line was at LT, and he struggled himself.

Bane
06-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Knowshon may have a good year or 2 here and there but he's obviously maxed out as a career backup.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-27-2010, 10:09 AM
:doh!:

Hadn't completely woken up when I posted that :D

dj56dt58
06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
KC's LG (old), C, RG, and RT did not fit any offense and Waters missed a game. Charles was in the top 10 in YPG in the last half of the season, despite dodging the defense behind the LOS 2/3 of the time. Hopefully Albert stays healthy and Asamoah can step right in at LG or C, and Croyle doesn't reinjure that finger again.

fyp

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Denver's LG and C did not fit this offense and then Ryan Harris got hurt.

KC's LG (old), C, RG, and RT did not fit any offense and Waters missed a game.

Oakland's LT, C, RG & RT don't fit in the NFL, then Gallery got hurt. Looks like all three O-lines flunk - even if we grade on a curb.

Hydrae
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Oakland's LT, C, RG & RT don't fit in the NFL, then Gallery got hurt. Looks like all three O-lines flunk - even if we grade on a curb.

So 3/4 of the AFCW offensive lines last year deserved to be curb stomped? :)

SNR
06-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Nuff saidKnowmo: That was an illegal hit. And it wasn't as cool as Ayers' rape-around on Charles

vailpass
06-27-2010, 12:08 PM
I can't wait for this season to start.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
BTW, what kind of name is Knowshon anyway? How f'ing stupid is that?

milkman
06-27-2010, 12:25 PM

No more stupid than "LeBron", "Anfernee", or any of another dozen or so names I've seen.

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Call D'Brickashaw & ask him (leave a message with Shaniqua or Laquanda).

Dave Lane
06-27-2010, 12:46 PM
He did have ~600 yards after contact compared to his 947 total yards. JC was the league leader in Yards after Contact per attempt. :)

Well to be perfectly fair he did rack up a ton of those stats against the worst team in the AFC West and maybe in all of football. Carry on knowNuttin

KCrockaholic
06-27-2010, 12:49 PM

And where did you pull this out of your ass?

KCrockaholic
06-27-2010, 12:50 PM

Yeah but he got the name Know from his mother because she was smart and the name "shon" from his dad. :clap: what a great name.

KCrockaholic
06-27-2010, 12:52 PM

While Knowshit was what? average?

bowener
06-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah but he got the name Know from his mother because she was smart and the name "shon" from his dad. :clap: what a great name.

Not quite. His name is a combination of his father's nickname and his mother's name, Knowledge and Varashon respectively.

Von Dumbass
06-27-2010, 02:23 PM
And where did you pull this out of your ass?

Here's the top 10 running backs in tackles broken in 2009:

1. Chris Johnson, Tennessee, 61
2. Ray Rice, Baltimore, 57
3. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota, 56.
4. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville, 52
5. Steven Jackson, St. Louis, 50
6. Jonathan Stewart, Carolina, 46
7. DeAngelo Williams, Carolina, 40
7. Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh, 40
9. Fred Jackson, Buffalo, 35
10. Knowshon Moreno, Denver, 33

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/02/offseason/2.html

vailpass
06-27-2010, 02:47 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/02/offseason/2.html

:D Way to go kid.

beer bacon
06-27-2010, 03:23 PM
An average less than four ypc is bad. There was a time not too long ago when any asshole could average 5+ ypc running the ball for Denver.

beer bacon
06-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Last season, KC had one of the greatest O-line turnarounds in the history of the NFL. It just happened to coincide with LJ getting the boot and Charles taking over.

notorious
06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
God Damnit Knowmo, why do you have to back up your arguments with hard evidence?!

Broken tackles are one thing, but having the ability to accelerate away is another.

It comes down to 2 things for me on running backs: Touchdowns and runs on first down.

Von Dumbass
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
An average less than four ypc is bad. There was a time not too long ago when any asshole could average 5+ ypc running the ball for Denver.

Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, and LaDanian Tomlinson all averaged less than 4 YPC their first year in the league.

notorious
06-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, and LaDanian Tomlinson all averaged less than 4 YPC their first year in the league.

So did thousands of other RB's that faded into history like a fart in the wind.

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 05:48 PM

Drat! So it turns out to be a good thing that Moreno has a low YPC! Well, I guess those high YPCs doom Jamaal & Bush to mediocrity....

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Drat! So it turns out to be a good thing that Moreno has a low YPC! Well, I guess those high YPCs doom Jamaal & Bush to mediocrity....

Knowmo wouldn't know what to do with himself if Denver had a back like Charles. *Hits Knowmo on head with newspaper* No he isn't Tatum Bell, bad Knowmo.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Jamaal Charles lead the NFL in yard after contact per attempt AND yards per attempt.

As far as profootballfocus goes, KnowShon was #16 in broken tackles (Jamaal was #10)

Looking over every category pff ranks, Jamaal OWNED Knowshon in EVERY category.

Nuff said, thanks for playing

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=HB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

beer bacon
06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Jamaal Charles lead the NFL in yard after contact per attempt AND yards per attempt.

As far as profootballfocus goes, KnowShon was #16 in broken tackles (Jamaal was #10)

Looking over every category pff ranks, Jamaal OWNED Knowshon in EVERY category.

Nuff said, thanks for playing

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=HB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

YCO/average:

Jamaal Charles: #1 at 3.6

Michael Bush: #2 at 3.4

Knowshon Moreno: #38 at 2.4

Moreno was close, but he barely got edged out.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 07:23 PM
YCO/average:

close to what? Being as good as the worst starter in the NFL? There are 32 teams and he came in at #38.

beer bacon
06-27-2010, 07:25 PM
close to what? Being as good as the worst starter in the NFL? There are 32 teams and he came in at #38.

It could have been worse. He could have been dead last like LdT.

Gadzooks
06-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Who knew Ugly Duck was a closet KnowMo?

BossChief
06-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Im not surprised NOBalls wouldnt take my bet...

Von Dumbass
06-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Im not surprised NOBalls wouldnt take my bet...

Dude our left and right tackle are coming off of injuries and we might be starting rookies at LG and C. Plus Kyle Orton has been getting rave reviews so we might not even be running the ball that much.

Gadzooks
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm attempting to paint a portrait of KnowMo.
How's this?
http://www.artbywicks.com/chicken%20painting%20art%20work.jpg

BossChief
06-27-2010, 08:01 PM
these two = NOBalls

BossChief
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Dude our left and right tackle are coming off of injuries and we might be starting rookies at LG and C. Plus Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton has been getting rave reviews so we might not even be running the ball that much.

Cassel has been getting rave reveiws and we will have a new center, right guard and possibly left guard so we may not be running the ball that much.

do you see how dumb that sounds?

Shit, Jamaal owned that chump last year with a bad line, so whats the difference?

milkman
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Dude our left and right tackle are coming off of injuries and we might be starting rookies at LG and C. Plus Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton has been getting rave reviews so we might not even be running the ball that much.

Dude, you're a fucking moron.

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 08:47 PM
YCO/average:

Problem is... great RB's suck in their 1st year. Jamaal is doomed to perpetual suckage because he was so hot in his rookie season.

CosmicPal
06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Problem is... great RB's suck in their 1st year. Jamaal is doomed to perpetual suckage because he was so hot in his rookie season.

You dumb twat, last year was his sophomore season. He was a rookie in '08. Nice try though.

Ebolapox
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM

jamaal barely played his rookie year. he had 600 yards COMBINED. remember, he was a rookie in 2008. 2009 was his second year in the league.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM

:facepalm:

I see you have grown accustomed to the Planet antifreeze refreshment but if you want to get "drunk" you must drink faster.

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 09:04 PM
You dumb twat, last year was his sophomore season. He was a rookie in '08. Nice try though.

No, no... you don't get it. His rookie YPA was 5.3, which means he won't be a great RB like Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith or LaDanian Tomlinson who all averaged less than 4 YPC their first year. Moreno is on the track of greatness cuz he sucked in his rookie season, but Jamaal already blew it...

Aw, crap. I'm trying hard to help out KnowMo, but I really suck at it. Never mind....

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he was joking.

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Thank you... but it was actually true, bone fide stupidity. Happens to me sometimes...

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:33 PM

Here's more batroom poster material.

You're right.

Ebolapox
06-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Thank you... but it was actually true, bone fide stupidity. Happens to me sometimes...

eh, nobody expects you to memorize the years in the league for (who was formerly backup) running-back for a rival team. seriously, I can't recall off the top of my head how many years correll buckhalter has been in the year.

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
eh, nobody expects you to memorize the years in the league for (who was formerly backup) running-back for a rival team. seriously, I can't recall off the top of my head how many years correll buckhalter has been in the year.

He's a time traveler?
A time stopper?

BossChief
06-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Here's more batroom poster material.

You're right.

he has a room for his bats?

You're slippin' today.

Dude already admitted he was in a stupid place when he posted that, it wasn't a joke.

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:42 PM
he has a room for his bats?

You're slippin' today.

Dude already admitted he was in a stupid place when he posted that, it wasn't a joke.

I leet the secret slip.

He's Batman.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm really glad Norv is coaching SD
McDouchebag is coaching Denver
And Haley is Coaching KC.

Advantage Chiefs.

I must agree.

HemiEd
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Dude, you're a ****ing moron.

Yet some of you refuse to put him on ignore, and keep poking the spastic kid with a stick, to watch him twitch.

RustShack
06-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Moreno looked good in college because the defense was only worried about Staffords arm.

:)

KCrockaholic
06-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Moreno looked good in college because the defense was only worried about Staffords arm.

Moreno wasn't even that good in college. I thought Denver taking him @ 12 was retarded. Beanie Wells will end up putting up impressive numbers this year in Arizona while Moreno continues to be average at best.

Moreno offers nothing game changing at all. Most great RB's have some special ability that sets them apart from the others. Moreno doesn't have anything special. Average speed. Average vision. Average hands. Average everything. The best players in this game are explosive playmakers. CJ2K, Adrian Peterson, they both have special abilities.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Moreno looked good in college because the OPPOSING defense was only worried about Staffords arm.

Sorry brah, it reads all 'Simple-Jack' without it.:D

Von Dumbass
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Moreno wasn't even that good in college. I thought Denver taking him @ 12 was retarded. Beanie Wells will end up putting up impressive numbers this year in Arizona while Moreno continues to be average at best.

Moreno offers nothing game changing at all. Most great RB's have some special ability that sets them apart from the others. Moreno doesn't have anything special. Average speed. Average vision. Average hands. Average everything. The best players in this game are explosive playmakers. CJ2K, Adrian Peterson, they both have special abilities.

Knowshon has LT'esque balance. That is what sets him apart from most RB's. He also can do everything that is asked of a RB. He is a willing blocker, has excellent hands, can run routes, can run inside or outisde...

KCrockaholic
06-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Knowshon has LT'esque balance. That is what sets him apart from most RB's. He also can do everything that is asked of a RB. He is a willing blocker, has excellent hands, can run routes, can run inside or outisde...

Alright you're wrong about that.

But yes he can do everything that is asked of him. But everything he does is average. Even if he started an entire season at HB and got 330 carries he would still have a hard time cracking 1,400 yards and that will be in his best year. When you take a HB in the top 20, you expect them to be superstars. But instead what they got was a guy who is going to always be an average player.

milkman
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Yet some of you refuse to put him on ignore, and keep poking the spastic kid with a stick, to watch him twitch.

I have never put anyone on ignore.

If the spastic kid needs to beaten about the head and shoulders with a stick, I intend to be the one that does it.

Willie Lanier
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM

Go ahead champ keep pumping rainbows into your own asshole but your donkeys are finally on the decline in a hard way.

Ugly Duck
06-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Most great RB's have some special ability that sets them apart from the others. Moreno doesn't have anything special. Average speed. Average vision. Average hands. Average everything.

Perhaps being average at everything is what sets him apart...

KCrockaholic
06-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Go ahead champ keep pumping rainbows into your own asshole but your donkeys are finally on the decline in a hard way.

I'm excited for teh TeBlow era :D

King_Chief_Fan
06-29-2010, 08:11 AM

He may be more like the washed up LT, but he doesn't come close to the old LT.