PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL Sunday Ticket

crispystl
06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
I have heard about people threatening to leave Direct T.V. and getting the price for Sunday ticket reduced. Does anyone have experience with this??

Deberg_1990
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Mods: Isnt it time for a dedicated NFL Sunday Ticket thread??

DTLB58
06-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I have heard about people threatening to leave Direct T.V. and getting the price for Sunday ticket reduced. Does anyone have experience with this??

Works for me everytime

chris
06-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Works for me everytime

Yep. Every year.

They always throw in Red Zone and HD.

Still, it's too high compared to what I paid when it first launched. $150 up to $299?.

Still worth it.

UT, OH, and WI don't show much Chiefs FB.

Bane
06-27-2010, 05:27 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229906
:doh!:

crispystl
06-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Yep. Every year.

They always throw in Red Zone and HD.

Still, it's too high compared to what I paid when it first launched. $150 up to $299?.

Still worth it.

UT, OH, and WI don't show much Chiefs FB.

I got it for 29.99 a month for six months for a total of 180.00 that's not too shabby imop.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I got it for 29.99 a month for six months for a total of 180.00 that's not too shabby imop.

Does that include online access?

vailpass
06-28-2010, 05:49 PM

What do you use online access for Flop? Do you watch games or just get stats and highlights?

MahiMike
06-28-2010, 05:52 PM
You guys are just too impatient. Get Replay for $39!

crispystl
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM

Not sure I didn't ask. They threw in a recordable dvr for free , which is perfect for me because I typically work on Sundays. I wish you could just buy one specific team's games. i live in Davidson North Carolina now. I don't buy sunday ticket to see every game I buy it to watch the chiefs!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
What do you use online access for Flop? Do you watch games or just get stats and highlights?

I don't have DTV. But I use someone else's online access and then stream the games from my computer to my TV. That's why I was curious. I'm hoping my guy can get the same deal as crispy did.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Not sure I didn't ask. They threw in a recordable dvr for free , which is perfect for me because I typically work on Sundays. I wish you could just buy one specific team's games. i live in Davidson North Carolina now. I don't buy sunday ticket to see every game I buy it to watch the chiefs!

Not far from where I lived when I was in NC. I used to live in Concord, but I was on the border of Kannapolis. That's Earnhardt country for you folks not familiar with the area.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 06:38 PM

What? What is this?

CrazyPhuD
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM

you mean NFL rewind right? and its $50...plus you can't watch till midnight....thats a deal breaker for me.

aturnis
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
You can watch the games shortly after they end online.

alanm
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
you mean NFL rewind right? and its $50...plus you can't watch till midnight....thats a deal breaker for me.What NFL rewind? Where NFL rewind?
What is this you're talking about where do I find it? Who do I talk to? :eek:

CrazyPhuD
06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
What NFL rewind? Where NFL rewind?

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

this is what I think he's referring too. If it would be available as soon as the game was over I would do it. SInce when I had sunday ticket I was usually lazy and DVR'd it and watched it when I woke up lol....which was around noon hahaha....

Dayze
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I think you can carry a little more leverage if you're no longer under any contractual obligation; so you can litterally cancel and never have anythign to do with them again.

I noticed this; I called one year to get a discount and didn't really get anywhere. I tried it again the next year afte rmy contract was up (could cancel any time etc), and they gave me ST for $200 + free Superfan.

IMO, ST should be priced at $200 - all in, inclusive of HD etc.

MahiMike
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
you mean NFL rewind right? and its $50...plus you can't watch till midnight....thats a deal breaker for me.

$39 for earlybird special (or was it $49) Forget. I just watch the following evening. I can follow both Chiefs and Jags even when they're blocked out. Knock out a game in about an hour without commercials.

MahiMike
06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
What NFL rewind? Where NFL rewind?

You can watch any game of the year, any team after 24 hrs (or less). View in HD from your laptop.

vailpass
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM

You can watch any game of the year, any team after 24 hrs (or less). View in HD from your laptop.

Watch the games after they are over? Do you have to walk around all day avoiding friends, tv, internet, radio, etc.?

KCHawg
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Watch the games after they are over? Do you have to walk around all day avoiding friends, tv, internet, radio, etc.?

Only threads badgranny posts in!ROFL

vailpass
06-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Only threads badgranny posts in!ROFL

There's always someone who just can't hold their tongue and keep from fucking it up for you.

Chiefshrink
06-28-2010, 08:50 PM
They need to offer several options like 1) Watch your favorite team only. 2) Favorite team and their divisional teams games 3) All of one conference and your favorite non-conference teams 4) complete ST. 5) customized ST

They will never do this but I think they would bring a helluva alot more in the fold of DirecTV(make even more $$) since they still have the contract. But they probably will never do this 'until' Dish is able to compete "somehow"???

We have had this discussion before but it is always interesting getting everybody's take.

UteChief
06-29-2010, 08:56 AM
You no longer need to threaten to cancel your service. I've been successful just calling up and asking for a discount. Last year I told the rep it was too expensive and I was cutting back on unnecessary bills. They gave it to me for $25 a month, for the normal time fame with hd and superfan at no cost.

The Franchise
06-29-2010, 09:11 AM
You no longer need to threaten to cancel your service. I've been successful just calling up and asking for a discount. Last year I told the rep it was too expensive and I was cutting back on unnecessary bills. They gave it to me for $25 a month, for the normal time fame with hd and superfan at no cost.

I bet you weren't under contract with them at the time.

OnTheWarpath15
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
They need to offer several options like 1) Watch your favorite team only. 2) Favorite team and their divisional teams games 3) All of one conference and your favorite non-conference teams 4) complete ST. 5) customized ST

They will never do this but I think they would bring a helluva alot more in the fold of DirecTV(make even more $$) since they still have the contract. But they probably will never do this 'until' Dish is able to compete "somehow"???

We have had this discussion before but it is always interesting getting everybody's take.

I mentioned in the other thread that I mentioned these suggestions to DTV. The rep said that DTV would like to offer some of them - he wasn't specific on which ones, and I didn't press it - but that the NFL pulls all the strings on this deal.

They control pricing, content, etc.

HemiEd
06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I had been putting off calling them. Just knocked my bill down $25 per month, plus they are throwing in the HD at no charge and giving me the FoxSports, Stars and something else no charge. Only took about 5 minutes.

UteChief
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I bet you weren't under contract with them at the time.

I in fact had been under contract. I had recently upgraded one of my sd receivers to an hd dvr for free. I believe that extends your contract for a year or two.