PDA

View Full Version : Economics Obama threatening massive program cuts next year?

Taco John
06-27-2010, 11:29 PM
You make the call...

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12902104&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fu llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12902104&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fu llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/12902104">RCP: Obama Calling "Bluff" Of Those Complaining About Debt</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4146313">RCP Video</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Bill Parcells
06-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Typical liberal agenda. cut defense spending, raise taxes and continue to spend spend spend on other horseshit.

and whos bluff is he calling?

patteeu
06-28-2010, 08:30 AM
I think he's going to propose raising taxes (heavily and obviously on the wealthy and more lightly and subtly on everyone else) and making big cuts in defense in his effort to pretend that he's a deficit hawk who was just forced into deficit spending the last two years by George W. Bush.

patteeu
06-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Typical liberal agenda. cut defense spending, raise taxes and continue to spend spend spend on other horseshit.

and whos bluff is he calling?

Damnit! I'm the second response in the thread and it's already a repost.

chiefforlife
06-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Unable to view the video but I am all for massive cuts.

petegz28
06-28-2010, 09:13 AM
How can this moron tout budget cuts and paygo when the ****ing Congress and his Queen Nan-Nan have already said they aren't going to pass a budget????

LMAO...we are going to have budgetary constratints on a budget we aren't even going to pass!!!

You can't make this shit up!!

petegz28
06-28-2010, 09:14 AM
And then he takes the answer into "I did this, I did that"

talastan
06-28-2010, 09:24 AM
He is going to call the bluff of the right by trying to convince America that taxes are the only way reduce the deficit. Of course without a budget as already mentioned on here there is no way to really measure how much of the deficit is going to be reduced. Nice convinent excuse there huh Barry? :rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
06-28-2010, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=patteeu;6847288]and more lightly and subtly on everyone else) /QUOTE]

Wanna bet on this portion of your statement?:D Both parties know this is where all the $$$ is from a tax volume perspective.

Agree with everything else in your comment.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
06-28-2010, 09:30 AM
And then he takes the answer into "I did this, I did that"

It's always about "I" and never "We"; just like his BP leadership:spock:

Taco John
06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Of course my "program cuts" was a joke. I don't think he has any intention of cutting any social programs. He's just going to raise taxes and call that "fiscal responsibility."

petegz28
06-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Of course my "program cuts" was a joke. I don't think he has any intention of cutting any social programs. He's just going to raise taxes and call that "fiscal responsibility."

The reason for the Dems not wanting to pass a budget are starting to come out of the closet.

chiefforlife
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Why is passing a budget, optional? That should be mandatory.

Taco John
06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Why is passing a budget, optional? That should be mandatory.

It's optional because Democrats have control of both congress and the white house. Republicans would never do this because they know that their voters would make them pay. Democrats, as you can see, think they can get away with it.

FD
06-28-2010, 10:24 AM
How can this moron tout budget cuts and paygo when the ****ing Congress and his Queen Nan-Nan have already said they aren't going to pass a budget????

LMAO...we are going to have budgetary constratints on a budget we aren't even going to pass!!!

They just didn't pass the budget resolution, which is a non-binding statement of purpose. They will have to pass the real budget by April, after the election.

banyon
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM

What do you think he should do instead?

petegz28
06-28-2010, 12:37 PM
What do you think he should do instead?

How about insist on a budget getting passed with such constraints as opposed to blowing smoke up everyone's ass talking about budget cuts on a budget he knows good and damn well won't even exist?

Just a thought.

banyon
06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
How about insist on a budget getting passed with such constraints as opposed to blowing smoke up everyone's ass talking about budget cuts on a budget he knows good and damn well won't even exist?

Just a thought.

I think he should insist on a budget this year. But with respect to next year's budget, this is exactly what he should say.

petegz28
06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I think he should insist on a budget this year. But with respect to next year's budget, this is exactly what he should say.

Well, let me put it this way, banyon, he needs to quit putting the cart before the horse. He is bragging in the video about how he has done this, that or the other thing yet there is no budget for this year on the way. He is prodding the Euros to keep spending yet, we have no budget of our own on the way. He is talking about spending cuts and whatever for next year yet we have no budget on the way for this year.

I mean I guess I could talk about all the stunt flying I am going to do in a few years, but I probably should learn to fly, get my pilot's license and buy a plane first. Don't ya think?

Brainiac
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
They just didn't pass the budget resolution, which is a non-binding statement of purpose. They will have to pass the real budget by April, after the election.
FYP