PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Herolympics Explosive Eight - Round 4, Matchup 4

Claynus
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, Wolverine obviously will just walk all over John McClane. Right?

Fuck you guys.

http://www.gradering.org/cpics/ac_john_mc_clane.jpg http://kalafudra.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wolverine.jpg

Sofa King
06-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Well, Wolverine obviously will just walk all over John McClane. Right?

**** you guys.

Yup.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
It pains me to say this, but Wolverine wouldn't even break a sweat.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
McClane is a badass through and through, but he can't overcome Wolverine's healing factor and adamantium bones/claws. Logan.

L.A. Chieffan
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
wolverine is a pussy.

Claynus
06-29-2010, 03:03 PM
wolverine is a pussy.

Fuck Wolverine.

L.A. Chieffan
06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
hugh jackman is a goddamn homo people. nttawwt.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 03:07 PM
GoChiefs,

If you were going to consistently vote based on who's the most "badass" rather than who would feasibly win, you should have thought more about the criteria. You made it a straight up fight and McClane wouldn't last 10 seconds.

Claynus
06-29-2010, 03:11 PM
GoChiefs,

If you were going to consistently vote based on who's the most "badass" rather than who would feasibly win, you should have thought more about the criteria. You made it a straight up fight and McClane wouldn't last 10 seconds.

No, I should have thought more about even allowing Wolverine into the competition.

I'm sorry.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
No, I should have thought more about even allowing Wolverine into the competition.

I'm sorry.

Yes, you should have only allowed in action hero's from the eighties and earlier so your picks would actually have a prayer.

:Poke:

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
I would like to vote for McClane because I enjoyed his movies much more. That said this is the worst mismatch of all the competitions so far. Wolverine leaves him in pieces in seconds~

BigCatDaddy
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM

I'm sorry.

Yeah, we probably should have kept it to humans.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 03:21 PM

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/042/152/original/thats-racist.gif?1267719897

jojomontana
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't hate on the Wolverine. It's not his fault he has no peer in a competition with common humans.

Maybe next trip, group him up with the likes of Spiderman instead of the likes of Josey Wales?

BigCatDaddy
06-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Don't hate on the Wolverine. It's not his fault he has no peer in a competition with common humans.

Maybe next trip, group him up with the likes of Spiderman instead of the likes of Josey Wales?

He's a super hero. If he let one in we should have let them all. Poll is flawed. I demand revotes!

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 03:33 PM

gochiefs put together a pretty cool thing here. In hindsight I think you are right. Humans vs Humans and the other category Super powers vs Super powers. This has been the best participation thread since Rain Mans WW2 bomber series~

Sofa King
06-29-2010, 03:36 PM
It's been a long time since these polls were strictly about someone's "badass" factor... and more about 1 vs 1 in a fight...

but in this case, Wolverine is more of a badass, AND he would win the fight, easily...

BigCatDaddy
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
gochiefs put together a pretty cool thing here. In hindsight I think you are right. Humans vs Humans and the other category Super powers vs Super powers. This has been the best participation thread since Rain Mans WW2 bomber series~

Maybe if we go baddest ass bad guy then we can seperate those out to real humans and those that are not. But agreed, great thread idea by GC.

CHENZ A!
06-29-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm a big wolverine fan, but this competition was never about who would win in a battle to the death. It was always who is your favorite. So, I vote for Mclane
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I voted against Wolverine in hopes that he and Terminator are eliminated this round as neither one should have been allowed in.

Frazod
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I voted against Wolverine in hopes that he and Terminator are eliminated this round as neither one should have been allowed in.

I agree.

Fuck all this super powers crap. McClane should destroy some cartoony goof like Wolverine and it isn't even close.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I agree.

**** all this super powers crap. McClane should destroy some cartoony goof like Wolverine and it isn't even close.

LMAO

Logic has officially left the building.

luv
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
McClane.

Guru
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
LMAO

Logic has officially left the building.

Damn right. Luck Fogic.:#:D

Duck Dog
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I voted McClane because the fantasy action heros like Batman and Wolverine should have been in their own contest.

Seriously, why wasn't superman nominated?

Claynus
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe McClane has a chance. COME ON!

Claynus
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I voted McClane because the fantasy action heros like Batman and Wolverine should have been in their own contest.

Because Superman is invincible.

Pestilence
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm a big wolverine fan, but this competition was never about who would win in a battle to the death. It was always who is your favorite. So, I vote for Mclane
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm pretty sure it's who would win in a fight....not who your favorite one is.

Guru
Because Superman is invincible.

Kryptonite.

bevischief
no contest...

Pestilence
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM

What's wrong with Batman? He's the ultimate hero. He doesn't have any powers. He's got the same gadgets that James Bond would be equipped with.

Guru
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
What's wrong with Batman? He's the ultimate hero. He doesn't have any powers. He's got the same gadgets that James Bond would be equipped with.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Batman being in this. Hell, I would be OK with Ironman as well.

Duck Dog
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM

He beat Bruce Lee!!!:cuss:

You're right.

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Kryptonite.

That and horse riding~

Pestilence
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think anyone has a problem with Batman being in this. Hell, I would be OK with Ironman as well.

I tried to get Ironman in but GC wouldn't allow it because he could fly and shit.

Claynus
06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Iron Man's suit is way overpowered. It would have been like allowing Wolverine in the competition.

Oh, wait. :cuss:

Guru
06-29-2010, 05:16 PM
That and horse riding~DOH

Guru
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
If this thing is going to be purely set up on who would win fights then you might as well hand the competition to Wolverine now and end this thing.

Personally, I hope popularity wins out now.

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm sorry.

You should be!! :cuss:

What happens if Wolverine gets his head cut off? Would the results be the same as in Highlander?

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM

Whether it's acknowledged in the movies or not, almost all of the characters in these movies are super-powered. You're gonna tell me that any cop in the world could pull off the crap that McClane does in his movies. His "superpowers" include inspiring terrible accuracy in his opponents, indefatigable stamina, and being the luckiest fucker on the planet.

That being said, I agree a straight up one on one fight probably isn't a fair competition. But that's what it is, and fair or not, Wolverine could take McClane with one arm ripped off and three tranquilizer darts in his ass.

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Whether it's acknowledged in the movies or not, almost all of the characters in these movies are super-powered. You're gonna tell me that any cop in the world could pull off the crap that McClane does in his movies. His "superpowers" include inspiring terrible accuracy in his opponents, indefatigable stamina, and being the luckiest ****er on the planet.

That being said, I agree a straight up one on one fight probably isn't a fair competition. But that's what it is, and fair or not, Wolverine could take McClane with one arm ripped off and three tranquilizer darts in his ass.

Unless, McClane has those darts that take away the mutation!

Deberg_1990
06-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Complete BS that Wolverine is even in this thing. I thought we decided no superpowers, magic, etc??

Guru
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
John McClane does not deserve to go out like this.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Unless, McClane has those darts that take away the mutation!

Good call!!

Although I hate to recognize an argument that spawns from that movie.:D

Even without his powers, Wolverine's training far exceeds McClane's. But, then again McClane's always an underdog.

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Good call!!

Although I hate to recognize an argument that spawns from that movie.:D

Even without his powers, Wolverine's training far exceeds McClane's. But, then again McClane's always an underdog.

I first suggested cutting off the head of Wolverine, and if that doesn't work use the dart thingies and cut his head off as he transforms into a regular person. :)

See, Wolverine is beatable!! It just takes me telling you how to do it!! ;)

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 05:44 PM
I first suggested cutting off the head of Wolverine, and if that doesn't work use the dart thingies and cut his head off as he transforms into a regular person. :)

See, Wolverine is beatable!! It just takes me telling you how to do it!! ;)

Damn. I better change my vote.:)

Frazod
06-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I judge these characters on the movies they were in and how they stacked up against their own challenges. Would some instantly-regenerating mutated freak with built-in knives kill any regular human? Of course. That's not the point. If that's the only criteria, just give the goddamn thing to Superman and be done with it, and this was all just an enormous waste of time.

Die Hard is an infinitely better movie than X-Men. McClane is the quintessential hero and did it all with just his wits and weapons stolen from his heavily-armed victims.

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I judge these characters on the movies they were in and how they stacked up against their own challenges. Would some instantly-regenerating mutated freak with built-in knives kill any regular human? Of course. That's not the point. If that's the only criteria, just give the goddamn thing to Superman and be done with it, and this was all just an enormous waste of time.

Die Hard is an infinitely better movie than X-Men. McClane is the quintessential hero and did it all with just his wits and weapons stolen from his heavily-armed victims.

If it that was how it worked he would still be in it~

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 06:35 PM
If it that was how it worked he would still be in it~

Clint's a pussy!! :D

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Clint's a pussy!! :D

:grr: our first spat! You stay upstairs and watch the lifetime channel and I am going downstairs to throw darts and cool off :shake:

Claynus
06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
The really annoying thing is that Wolverine has barely escaped in this tournament...twice...and now this one looks to be fairly close.

Wolverine is the fly in the ointment of my Herolympics. I should have appointed an auditor.

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
:grr: our first spat! You stay upstairs and watch the lifetime channel and I am going downstairs to throw darts and cool off :shake:

Did I say Eastwood?? I don't think so!! ;)

:D

And screw you, you go watch lifetime!!

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Did I say Eastwood?? I don't think so!! ;)

:D

And screw you, you go watch lifetime!!
LMAO here I'm in an imaginary relationship and still losing arguments. I am so not sucking up in public :harumph:

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 07:06 PM
LMAO here I'm in an imaginary relationship and still losing arguments. I am so not sucking up in public :harumph:

:moon:

Did that make you feel better baby?!?!

Or would you rather.... :whip:

Claynus
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Stop fagging up the Herolympics you two.

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Stop pillowbiterging up the Herolympics you two.

Yes, sir, sorry.

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Stop pillowbiterging up the Herolympics you two.

Doc Holliday: Oh. gochiefs, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now.

kysirsoze
06-29-2010, 07:18 PM

I am all for these new criteria. In the future these should be adopted. Props to GoChiefs for setting this up, anyway. I am a sporadically active poster at best and these threads have definitely held my interest through the doldrums of offseason. :thumb:

Guru
06-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Doc Holliday: Oh. gochiefs, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now.

ROFL

Deberg_1990
06-29-2010, 07:22 PM
This actually might have been close....but that last Wolverine movie was a piece of crap.

Endless scene after endless scene of random CGI character vs. CGI character.......I didnt care one bit about who won what fight.

CHENZ A!
06-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it's who would win in a fight....not who your favorite one is.

Dude.... Blade lost to Indiana Jones.
Posted via Mobile Device