PDA

View Full Version : Football Denario Alexander

Bill Lundberg
06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone know the latest on how the rehab is going? I would love to see this guy get a shot. Helluva talent if he can stay healthy.

Bill Lundberg
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Just found this on his Twitter:

@jmac_18: @D_Alexander81 knee gettin back to where it needs to be....?

@D_Alexander81: @jmac_18 no doubt bro, feeling good right now, how did you do in the golf tourney
about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to jmac_18

Bowser
06-29-2010, 08:02 PM
He must have trashed that knee. Hard to believe no team took a shot on him with an URFA deal.

Reaper16
06-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Still waiting for a team to sign Tony Washington. Teams must really not want a future starter at RT.

Sure-Oz
06-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Still waiting for a team to sign Tony Washington. Teams must really not want a future starter at RT.

Is that the sister fucker?

mcaj22
06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
haha i find it hilarious no team will touch the sister fucker with a ten foot pole. it's like comedy hour.

Bill Lundberg
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Makes me wonder if Goodell sent out a message about it.

Sure-Oz
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Media Nightmare, he'd be on some team if he just didn't fuck his sister

Reaper16
06-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Meanwhile, Vick, Rothlisburger, et al continue to play.

T-post Tom
06-29-2010, 08:35 PM

He'll get hooked up when Arkansas gets a NFL franchise.

googlegoogle
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Lets hope Chiefs give him a tryout when he gets healthy.

Bill Lundberg
07-21-2010, 06:33 PM
From his Twitter today:

@D_Alexander81: Great day today, ran a 4.41 in the 40, having a pro day next Wednesday!!! Let's get it!!

KcMizzou
07-21-2010, 06:36 PM
From his Twitter today:Cool. I really hope he gets a shot somewhere.

Bill Lundberg
07-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I would think someone would at least sign him to a minimum contract and put him on the PUP. That gives him all of camp and 6 weeks to get healthy and he wouldn't have to count towards the active roster that way you don't run the risk of losing him from the practice squad. I'm guessing he's good on the straight aways but I'd be surprised if he's football ready at this point.

JMO

Mr. Laz
07-21-2010, 06:48 PM
i don't know if Alexander would sign a minimum type deal but i would hope the Chiefs would take a shot. He might be a big steal next year after he gets healthy.

Chocolate Hog
07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Mu Spam/ Those who suck the penis

BigRichard
07-21-2010, 07:22 PM
What is the deal with the sister fucker? He can't be that tainted can he? Wouldn't he have been like a third round pick if he hadn't played hide the salami with his sis?

Demonpenz
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
hiding the salami and misplacing the miracle whip

KcMizzou
07-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Rams may take another look at Alexander

Wide receiver Danario Alexander of the University of Missouri still could be on the Rams' radar. According to Alexander's agent, Jeff Nalley, Alexander was cleared medically on Monday to work out for NFL teams following surgery on his left knee in February.

If that is the case, general manager Billy Devaney says the team probably will bring Alexander to St. Louis for a visit and a physical. The Rams have yet to see the medical reports.

Nalley said in an e-mail that he was working on setting up a workout day for NFL teams in the near future a belated "pro day" he called it. Alexander posted via Twitter on Tuesday night that the workout would be Wednesday. Alexander also tweeted that he ran a 4.41 in the 40-yard dash Tuesday in Houston.

Devaney said that he isn't really interested in the pro day.

"We know he can run. We know he can catch," Devaney said.

In that sense, Alexander's game film proves it. Last season, he caught 113 passes for 1,781 yards with 14 touchdowns for the Tigers. He finished second in the nation in receptions per game (8.69) and led the nation in reception yards per game (137).

For the Rams, it's the medical reports that matter.

"We need to get the medical reports," Devaney said. "If he's cleared physically, we'll probably bring him in for a visit and a physical."

After fighting his way through three left-knee surgeries at Missouri, Alexander seemed to have his injury problems behind him with his breakout 2009 season. Alexander isn't sure how it happened, but he re-injured the left knee in late January during a Senior Bowl practice in Mobile, Ala.

"I think I went up for a ball and came down wrong," Alexander said at the NFL scouting combine, just a couple of weeks after the surgery.

Doctors determined that he had a small cartilage defect in his left knee, an injury unrelated to the ligament damage that led to the earlier surgeries. Examinations by multiple doctors showed that the ligaments were stable.

But the cartilage surgery meant that Alexander couldn't work out at the combine or take part in any pre-draft pro days. Once projected as an early- to mid-round selection, Alexander went undrafted. He has not worked out for pro scouts since that Senior Bowl practice.

But he may work out again soon.

If healthy, Alexander has the size and play-making ability to potentially help the Rams' wide-receiver corps. At 6-foot-4 1/2 and 221 pounds, he posted a vertical leap of 43 inches and reached 11 feet 1 inch in the broad jump during pre-Senior Bowl training. Those are rare numbers for an NFL draft prospect at any position.

And if Alexander truly is running in the 4.4- to 4.5-second range in the 40, that's plenty fast for someone his size even if, as some critics suggest, Alexander is somewhat slow to accelerate.

Among the Rams' top seven wide receivers entering training camp, only Laurent Robinson at 6-2 is taller than 6-feet-1. In fact, three of the seven (Donnie Avery, Danny Amendola, and Mardy Gilyard) are shorter than 6 feet. And none of the seven a group that includes Keenan Burton, Brandon Gibson and Brooks Foster has a listed playing weight of more than 210 pounds.

In theory then, a player with Alexander's size would complement the group. But if the Rams come away from their medical fact-finding with serious concerns about Alexander's knee, they probably will shy away from signing him, even though his addition would bring a public-relations boost to the Rams because he was a popular player at Missouri.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_9c55dc02-0ab2-5e70-a174-ff136a9e0ec5.html

blazzin311
07-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Sure would love for the Chiefs to bring the guy in for a look. Could be a real steal if healthy.

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Sure would love for the Chiefs to bring the guy in for a look. Could be a real steal if healthy.

I believe it was Hamas that said he had Marques Colston-like abilities.

Meanwhile, we'll stick with Jerheme Urban.

w00t.

blazzin311
07-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I believe it was Hamas that said he had Marques Colston-like abilities.

Meanwhile, we'll stick with Jerheme Urban.

w00t.

Thats the kind of stuff that just really irks me. For the record I completely agree with Hamas. Marques Colston-like ablities is probably the perfect way to describe Alexander talent wise. Colston sure was a steal too. I'd be fine with the Chiefs having their own version of him....that is if they're smart enough to give him a look. :banghead:

BossChief
07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Id be ok with bringing him in if he checks out well medically. PUP him and let his knee completely heal and see where he is week 6...if it looks like it needs more time at that point, IR him and work him into the system for next year.

Trouble is that his injuries carry serious long term risk, if he blows that knee out again he could be forced to a retirement within his first three years in the league.

How much do you invest into a player with three surgeries to the same knee when his position is predicated on speed and quickness?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Yup. I said he had Colston-like upside. Unfortunately, he may have Andrew Bynum's knees.

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Id be ok with bringing him in if he checks out well medically. PUP him and let his knee completely heal and see where he is week 6...if it looks like it needs more time at that point, IR him and work him into the system for next year.

Trouble is that his injuries carry serious long term risk, if he blows that knee out again he could be forced to a retirement within his first three years in the league.

How much do you invest into a player with three surgeries to the same knee when his position is predicated on speed and quickness?

No draft pick lost, and we're talking about a team that by my math, is still under $50M for the entire roster in late July.

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Mortensen said on Twitter that Alexander can't pass a physical due to his knees.

I'm sure that if that changes, there will be a lot of competition for his services, but I doubt that happens anytime soon.

DeezNutz
07-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Yup. I said he had Colston-like upside. Unfortunately, he may have Andrew Bynum's knees.

Trade his ass for Howard.

Reaper16
07-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Trade his ass for Howard.
Fuck you.

Chiefaholic
07-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Bring him in and put his ass on IR for the season. If he recovers with a years rest, we'll have a steal w/o wasting a draft pick.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 09:51 PM
No draft pick lost, and we're talking about a team that by my math, is still under $50M for the entire roster in late July.

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Its not all about draft picks and money though, its about time with coaches, reps in practice, etc.

I think he can be a good player as well, but opposing defenders will target that knee early and often and its just a matter of time before that last pop or tear is heard/felt.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Sign him and put him on IR for the year. It's not a difficult decision.

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Its not all about draft picks and money though, its about time with coaches, reps in practice, etc.

I think he can be a good player as well, but opposing defenders will target that knee early and often and its just a matter of time before that last pop or tear is heard/felt.

And?

When it happens, you walk away.

But you don't ignore someone that could potentially help your team - and God knows this team needs some help - because you're concerned he may get hurt.

Sure didn't stop them from drafting your boy Tony. All he missed was half of his college games. And they used two picks on him.

Signing Alexander is no risk, all reward.

If he never plays in a NFL game, you're out nothing significant.

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Sign him and put him on IR for the year. It's not a difficult decision.

Esto.

Reaper16
07-23-2010, 09:56 PM
And while you're at it, sign Tony Washington too. He'll should be an effective starter at right tackle - good play will quickly offset any initial bad press.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-23-2010, 09:57 PM
FWIW, Colston didn't fall for injury issues, he fell because the coaches at Hofstra performed character assassination on him.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
And?

When it happens, you walk away.

But you don't ignore someone that could potentially help your team - and God knows this team needs some help - because you're concerned he may get hurt.

Sure didn't stop them from drafting your boy Tony. All he missed was half of his college games. And they used two picks on him.

Signing Alexander is no risk, all reward.

If he never plays in a NFL game, you're out nothing significant.

NONE of Tonys injuries carry even a fraction of the risk this guys knee does, but I agree with the rest of the post.

I would be happy if they signed him. I think having a guy like Chris Chambers in the locker room could do wonders for the kid and that by this time next year he could be in the conversation for the competition at one of the starting receiver spots.

OnTheWarpath58
07-23-2010, 10:08 PM
NONE of Tonys injuries carry even a fraction of the risk this guys knee does, but I agree with the rest of the post.

I would be happy if they signed him. I think having a guy like Chris Chambers in the locker room could do wonders for the kid and that by this time next year he could be in the conversation for the competition at one of the starting receiver spots.

Fragile is fragile. Whether it's concentrated to one area, or spread over many areas.

When you miss half of your college career to injury, you're either fragile, or a giant pussy.

I don't think Tony's a pussy.

Tribal Warfare
07-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Lets hope Chiefs give him a tryout when he gets healthy.

22 guys off the street Motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BossChief
07-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Fragile is fragile. Whether it's concentrated to one area, or spread over many areas.

When you miss half of your college career to injury, you're either fragile, or a giant pussy.

I don't think Tony's a pussy.

he got a 88 in toughness in Madden 11

:D

Simply Red
07-23-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm glad we finally got this skilled receiver back, how old is he, now, btw? Also, is he mixed? He looks like his dad or mom coulda been white.

KCrockaholic
07-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I think he is 23 or 24.

Simply Red
07-23-2010, 11:09 PM

you just hush!

|Zach|
07-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Wishing the best for 81

Chocolate Hog
07-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Whatever happend to Darius Bowman? Dude was a beast too.

WilliamTheIrish
07-24-2010, 08:15 AM

LMAO

Wilson8
07-24-2010, 08:53 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/bears-to-scout-ex-mizzou-wr-danario-alexander.html

The Bears resisted the temptation to make a play for a veteran wide receiver during the offseason. But they're going to go in for a close look at a rookie next week.

According to a Rotoworld.com report, Southwest area scout Chris Ballard will conduct the pro day workout for Danario Alexander, who was a prolific performer at Missouri but went undrafted because of concerns about his left knee.

What does it all mean? Well, the Bears' West area scout Marty Barrett ran the pro day for BYU running back Harvey Unga and the team selected him in the supplemental draft.
Alexander is a free agent who is eligible to sign with any team. First, he has to prove he's healthy coming off surgery on the left knee in February to repair an injury that happened during the week of the Senior Bowl.

Alexander reportedly has been timed in the 40-yard dash at 4.41 and 4.44 seconds in training for the pro day. Scouts have questioned his speed, though, and he's not known for being an especially fast player. He was, however, extremely productive for the Tigers this past season, even after the departure of quarterback Chase Daniel. He made 113 receptions last season for 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Alexander has had four surgeries on the left knee, though, and that is a concern for teams. But if he checks out healthy, there's no risk in signing an undrafted free agent. He's a big target at 6-4, 221 pounds, and set a school record with a vertical jump of 46 inches. He also set records with his offensive production, passing ex-Bear Justin Gage for the school's all-time yardage mark.

Alexander has been working out in Houston where his agent Jeff Nalley is based. That also happens to be where Ballard lives, probably a good reason why he will be running and monitoring the workout.