PDA

View Full Version : Economics Stock Market has worst quarter since Q1 of 2009

petegz28
06-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok, getting hard to keep blaming Bush when well after 1 1/2 years Obama has been in charge and the market is starting to factor in a double dip recession.

Barry's Band-Aids (all rights reserved) didn't seem to help. All the bail outs and hand outs and stimulus spending and temproary programs have not delievered.

Friday's job report should be another "jobs fall more than expected" headline.

Bush may get the blame for the 1st dip but there is no one to blame but OBama for the 2nd, if we are blaming Presidents. Reportedly Obama has been in a combatitve mood today and when the Bloomberg correspodent was asked "why?" he reported that it is because of the upcoming jobs report. That is not to say what the report is but I think Obama was taking his queue off of today's ADP report.

I am bracing for a full out offense of "we inherited" comments next week.

KC native
06-30-2010, 02:14 PM
so no bull market pete? lol just fucking with you man.

jiveturkey
06-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I agree. The future has Obama's stink all over it. He's had a chance to implement his own solutions and so far it's been a big failure.

The economy will have to be the big issue this fall. Without jobs nothing else matters IMO.

petegz28
06-30-2010, 02:16 PM
so no bull market pete? lol just ****ing with you man.

I tell you right now it's looking weak. If we keep going down the bull is dead, obviously. But I am not ready just yet to call this the next leg in the bear market. Though we are approaching that pivotal moment.

BigChiefFan
06-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Double dip for sure, we've already been in it. I don't think the bottom will be much more than the 8500 mark(at worst, IMO), but we certainly aren't out of the woods. On the brightside, there's actually some top U.S. companies that are at good prices in the market. Never panic.

talastan
06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Double dip for sure, we've already been in it. I don't think the bottom will be much more than the 8500 mark(at worst, IMO), but we certainly aren't out of the woods. On the brightside, there's actually some top U.S. companies that are at good prices in the market. Never panic.

I'm not really worried too much about the markets myself. I've got several years till retirement; and the market always rolls back around. My concern is stagflation. The Fed wearing out the printing presses to try and fight a double dip by inflating the dollar. Spending will continue and be justified by Obama as necessary unless some major changes happen this November.