PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Chargers vs Chiefs (Madden 2011 Player Ratings)

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5345882/chargers-and-chiefs

Thought it was interesting, what do you guys think he rated correctly or incorrectly?

Note: The guy that does the player ratings for EA is a Broncos fan(homer).

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
LMAO Our QB is a 78. Shame he's not paid like a 78.

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 12:43 PM
yea he made Cassel so bad it's almost unplayable.

BossChief
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
For the most part, those are pretty close IMO. I don't see how Croyles injury rating is a 78 though, it should be a 50 or 60 max.

Detoxing
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
For the most part, those are pretty close IMO. I don't see how Croyles injury rating is a 78 though, it should be a 50 or 60 max.

That and no love at all for Carr. Carr should be more like a 78, not a 72.

KurtCobain
07-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Flower's should've been a 90.

Sofa King
07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Boy they f-ing bombed the Lbers......

Williams sucks, Hali should be higher, Vrabel sucks... Johnson is fairly close...

Von Dumbass
07-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Orton should be at least an 85

BossChief
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
That and no love at all for Carr. Carr should be more like a 78, not a 72.

That was one that I disagree with. I agree a 78 is about what he should be.

Sofa King
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Orton should be at least an 85

based on what exactly?

ClevelandBronco
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
based on what exactly?

He means 85 proof.

Von Dumbass
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
based on what exactly?

Mark Sanchez and Jason Cambell have an 82 and 83 rating and Orton is better than both of those guys. His awareness and accuracy should be bumped up.

SDChiefs
07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Demario Williams is our highest rated LB?

Detoxing
07-01-2010, 01:12 PM

Williams sucks, Hali should be higher, Vrabel sucks... Johnson is fairly close...

I noticed that too. Williams was too high and Hali too low. I think Vrable at 77 was probably about right, Johnson at 76 is close enough.

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Hali is actually very good, even though the OVR is just an 80, his attributes to rush the passer are par with how he is in real life, what hinders the overall average is I'm assuming his pass coverage skills are low for a LBer. That's how it is with most 3-4 OLB in the Madden games though.

Williams is an 82 because he was the leading tackler last season. So it kind of makes sense, even though from a real life fan's perspective he did nothing.

Boy they really made Jarrad Page shitty.

Jamaal Charles just looks filthy in the game. 97 Speed 98 acceleration.

CupidStunt
07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
The fuck are they thinking at RB? 88 is fine for Jones, but Charles should clearly be above him -- especially in a video game which bases it on physical tools. Charles has elite speed, quickness, shiftiness, etc. 65 toughness for Charles is unreal stupid.

85 for Flowers and 84 for Berry just shows the garbage that is EA (at least as it concerns Madden, since NHL is a great game). Flowers was a near-1st rounder who's played very good to elite for most of the 2 years he's already got on Berry. Considering the only excuse they could have for Charles' rating is experience, this is a major whiff.

To be expected. Madden's trash.

CupidStunt
07-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Jamaal Charles just looks filthy in the game. 97 Speed 98 acceleration.

Other attributes should be higher, and shit like 65 toughness will probably have you losing Charles for 10 games per year in your franchise, which clearly hasn't been the case in the NFL so far. He's shown no signs of being an injury/toughness problem, and if anything shows a little too much grit when he should probably go down (for risk of fumbling).

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
The **** are they thinking at RB? 88 is fine for Jones, but Charles should clearly be above him -- especially in a video game which bases it on physical tools. Charles has elite speed, quickness, shiftiness, etc. 65 toughness for Charles is unreal stupid.

85 for Flowers and 84 for Berry just shows the garbage that is EA (at least as it concerns Madden, since NHL is a great game). Flowers was a near-1st rounder who's played very good to elite for most of the 2 years he's already got on Berry. Considering the only excuse they could have for Charles' rating is experience, this is a major whiff.

To be expected. Madden's trash.

it's one guy that is in charge and has control over all the player ratings of every team.

they gave that task/job to ONE dude. Which is why these are always so off, for every team. It's either inflated too much or deflated too much.

ClevelandBronco
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
...65 toughness for Charles is unreal stupid...

...Note: The guy that does the player ratings for EA is a Broncos fan(homer).

Well if the OP is correct and the guy ultimately responsible for player ratings is a Broncos fan, it's understandable that Charles' toughness is questionable.

A Broncos fan has never gotten to see how Charles reacts to being fucking tackled.

KCrockaholic
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Flowers should be a 88 IMO

Hali should be an 85 atleast IMO. 80 is making him extremely underrated. and it shows how much EA actually knows.

Charles should be rated above Jones. Atleast a 89 or 90 for Charles.

McCluster only a 70? Eh, it will change as the season goes on, but that is pretty low. I was thinkin closer to 73 or 74.

Why is Weigmann our best lineman? Seriously?

bowener
07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I just want to know how Merriman can be considered 84 overall?

KCrockaholic
07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Well if the OP is correct and the guy ultimately responsible for player ratings is a Broncos fan, it's understandable that Charles' toughness is questionable.

A Broncos fan has never gotten to see how Charles reacts to being ****ing tackled.

Ian Cummings is the head guy at EA Sports, and he's a Cowboys fan....With that said, I don't know if he has any input on the ratings.

BossChief
07-01-2010, 01:26 PM
toughness doesn't effect how long they are out for injury, that is the inj rating...for injury.

It isn't perfect, but its pretty close for most ratings. I also agree that Charles should be rated higher for toughness, the guy lead the NFL in yards after contact average on pff

Moeakis route running is rated wayyy to low as well, but at least they credited his toughness and catching ability. By years end, if he stays healthy he will be a 80+

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Other attributes should be higher, and shit like 65 toughness will probably have you losing Charles for 10 games per year in your franchise, which clearly hasn't been the case in the NFL so far. He's shown no signs of being an injury/toughness problem, and if anything shows a little too much grit when he should probably go down (for risk of fumbling).

Toughness means he won't be able to be a 3 down back or run between the tackles, not that he will get injured a lot.

His toughness and carry are low so that probably means he is more prone to fumble if someone hit sticks the shit out of him.

His injury is an 86 though even higher than Thomas Jones's 84. He won't get injured that much.

I do see were you are coming from that the shit little attributes hinder his overall because he's stacked from the physical tools standpoint. The attributes that require personal biased opinion from the person rating them fault him. Donny Moore says, hmmm I think Jamaal Charles isn't tough... I have no facts to base this assumption but I'm going to rate it low because I have the power and control to do that because I can.

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 01:32 PM
it's basically one guy that rates the players, if you haven't seen this from last years game on how he claims he does it:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGioqT9l_Lk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GGioqT9l_Lk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He also creates all the custom franchise draft classes that are usually so unbalanced with good players that he makes up.

Ian is basically his boss.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Mark Sanchez and Jason Cambell have an 82 and 83 rating and Orton is better than both of those guys. His awareness and accuracy should be bumped up.

ROFL Oh Sweet Tebow, it's getting thick in here...

-King-
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Eh if the chiefs are halfway decent this year, the ratings will go up pretty quick. Charles rating will be in the 90s by the second update. These initial ratings dont really mean shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCtotheSB
07-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I play on an online league and I always play the first season with Kansas City. Right now, it looks like I'll be doing a shitload of sweeps and tosses to Charles.

Buck
07-01-2010, 02:51 PM
They have Cam Thomas at 63. That's obviously wrong as he was first round talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Eh if the chiefs are halfway decent this year, the ratings will go up pretty quick. Charles rating will be in the 90s by the second update. These initial ratings dont really mean shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

We'll never rate as high as Kobe Christ.

Gonzo
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM

A Broncos fan has never gotten to see how Charles reacts to being fucking tackled.

I dunno, I think Charles is a pretty tough cat. Especially after being illegally pile-drived at Invesco last year and still running over 250.

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I haven't played any of the new Maddens. In FIFA, every time your team plays, your players get experience points which you can then spend on improving their attributes. The better you do, the more points you get. Does Madden have anything like that yet?

Buck
07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I haven't played any of the new Maddens. In FIFA, every time your team plays, your players get experience points which you can then spend on improving their attributes. The better you do, the more points you get. Does Madden have anything like that yet?

No soccer is gay, get out of here.

-King-
07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
We'll never rate as high as Kobe Christ.

Do ANY of your posts make sense?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Do ANY of your posts make sense?

Not as much sense as Holy Kobe.

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
They have Cam Thomas at 63. That's obviously wrong as he was first round talent.

yea his potential is probably first round talent, A or B. His current OVR is on par with where he was selected.

Dave Lane
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
LMAO Our QB is a 78. Shame he's not paid like a 78.

Same as Albert really...

WV
07-01-2010, 05:16 PM
No soccer is gay, get out of here.

ROFL

CoMoChief
07-01-2010, 05:23 PM
ROFL

chiefs are fucking HORRIBLE in this game.

KCrockaholic
07-01-2010, 05:53 PM

If he was first round talent he would have been a 1st rounder. Not a 5th. Thomas obviously has issues that a lot of us don't know about. I'm not saying 63 is correct, but anywhere in the 60's for a 5th rounder is good enough as a first rating IMO.

Buck
07-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I was just joking about Cam Thomas. Duh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
EA should hire Mecca to do the ratings, as he would be completely unbiased and NOT a Chiefs Homer.
He would be painstaking with that shit, and cut NO ONE any slack.

Which is as it should be.

DBOSHO
07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
They dont have kendrick lewis on the roster

BossChief
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
EA should hire Mecca to do the ratings, as he would be completely unbiased and NOT a Chiefs Homer.
He would be painstaking with that shit, and cut NO ONE any slack.

Which is as it should be.

:shake:

OnTheWarpath58
07-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Carr is underrated by 6-7 points, Vrabel is overrated by a handful, and Cassel is overrated by 5-6.

Otherwise, I can't really complain about any of them.

Cassel's throwing power is ridiculously overrated. 3 points behind Croyle? Laughable.

Though they did recognize that his middle and deep ball accuracy was complete shit.

KCrockaholic
07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
They dont have kendrick lewis on the roster

ROFL Stupid EA

KCrockaholic
07-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I was just joking about Cam Thomas. Duh.

My bad...I figured since you're a Chargers fan you were being serious about Thomas.

Demonpenz
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
damn vick's got gun in this game!

BossChief
07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Carr is underrated by 6-7 points, Vrabel is overrated by a handful, and Cassel is overrated by 5-6.

Otherwise, I can't really complain about any of them.

Cassel's throwing power is ridiculously overrated. 3 points behind Croyle? Laughable.

Though they did recognize that his middle and deep ball accuracy was complete shit.
oh cmon, having an 85 in arm strength is about right for the guy, just look at my sig...duh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-02-2010, 01:01 PM
:shake:

Don't shake your head at me, boy; I'll put you to work fetching Sake faster than you can sing "Here fifty-dollars for bartender and busboy, take Boss Chief to back-alley and beat him like orphan" in Japanese.

:)

BossChief
07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Don't shake your head at me, boy; I'll put you to work fetching Sake faster than you can sing "Here fifty-dollars for bartender and busboy, take Boss Chief to back-alley and beat him like orphan" in Japanese.

Im just pointing out that mecca wouldnt do any better of a job than this guy does.

...and you can leave that "boy" crap on the curb along with the sake.

:fire:

Von Dumbass
07-02-2010, 01:10 PM
According to Madden, Tim Tebow is tougher than Chuck Norris

Complete team ratings for Madden NFL 2011 are being released, little by little, at ESPN's The Gamer blog this week. So far, the full rosters for all AFC West and AFC East teams have been released, and so far, no football player on earth is tougher than Tim Tebow(notes).

Tebow's got pretty favorable ratings across the board 79 speed, 90 acceleration, 62 catching (in case you'd like to move him to tight end), 86 carrying, 88 throwing power and 74 throwing accuracy. Overall, he's a 70, just one point behind Brady Quinn(notes). Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton(notes), for comparison's sake, is an 80.

Where Tebow really stands out, though, is toughness. In the TGH category and I find this wholly appropriate since it's such an impossible thing to rate numerically, but what he hell, seems kind of tough Tebow's a 98.

Of all the other players on all eight listed rosters, only four can match Tebow's toughness: Philip Rivers(notes), Logan Mankins(notes), Nick Mangold(notes) and, naturally, Wes Welker(notes). One point down at 97 are Mike Vrabel(notes) and Patriots rookies Zac Robinson(notes) and Rich Ohrnberger(notes). White people, apparently, are very, very tough.

Tebow is also super strong. His strength rates an 84, which is as strong as or stronger than all of the following offensive linemen:

Sorry guys, you just aren't as strong as Tim Tebow. I know you bench pressed 225 pounds 32 times at your pro day, Rich Ohrnberger, but Tebow, had he chosen to participate, obviously, would have made you look like a pretty little girl in pigtails.

Just be glad that Madden doesn't measure spiritual strength. Everyone else would be in the 70s or 80s, and Tebow would rate a 3,982, and guardian angels would hover over every football he throws, reverently guiding it into the hands of the unworthy, but now blessed, receiver.

Now, I'm not really complaining about Tebow's ratings a 70 overall seems reasonable for a quarterback taken (perhaps questionably) late in the first round. A 98 in the toughness department seems a tad over-the-top, though. In fact, the whole notion of being able to accurately assign a number to measure the toughness of every player in the NFL is ... well, at the very least, it seems like quite a challenging task.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/According-to-Madden-Tim-Tebow-is-tougher-than-C?urn=nfl,253029

BossChief
07-02-2010, 01:22 PM
well, he is a tough mfer... but damn.

btw Moeaki got a 88 in toughness

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-02-2010, 05:06 PM
According to Madden, Tim Tebow is tougher than Chuck Norris

ROFL And KnowMo spews all over his keyboard...

Shaid
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Look at the difference between Brandon Albert's rating and Clady's. Are you shitting me? I mean come on, that's a ridiculous difference.

CoMoChief
07-02-2010, 06:34 PM
ROFL And KnowMo spews all over his keyboard...

So did Chuck Norris....

The force/power of his man wad sent a shockwave so hard that it completely devistated a small Korean village.

mcaj22
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Donny Moore himself breaks down what he gave the teams (he seems to have a huge hard on for Dexter McCluster, so naturally I'm sure he made him have A potential, so if you are playing online franchise, the Chiefs might just be worth it in the long run)

<object id='vid_36268' width='480' height='270' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=madden11_trl_afc_east_west_70110&object=36268' /></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/36268/madden-nfl-11/videos/madden11_trl_afc_east_west_70110.html'>More Madden NFL 11 Videos</a></div>

Shaid
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Why is Weigmann our best lineman? Seriously?

Because he played for the Broncos last year.

Von Dumbass
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Because he played for the Broncos last year.

This

thurman merman
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Flowers is so underrated.

KCrockaholic
07-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Flowers is so underrated.

This may sound crude, but Flowers reminds me of a poor mans Darrelle Revis, and that is a complement because Revis is fuckin awesome!

-King-
07-03-2010, 12:00 AM
This may sound crude, but Flowers reminds me of a poor mans Darrelle Revis, and that is a complement because Revis is fuckin awesome!

Not taking anything away from Revis...but the other 10 guys he plays with are 10 times better than the guys Flowers plays with.

KCrockaholic
07-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Not taking anything away from Revis...but the other 10 guys he plays with are 10 times better than the guys Flowers plays with.

Very true. At least now Flowers will have good Safety play, from one of the safeties.

Priest31kc
07-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Very true. At least now Flowers will have good Safety play, from one of the safeties.

And he's still never had much of a pass rush as a Chief. No pass rush, & no good safeties, and he's still looked like a pro bowler out there. Imagine what he'll do w/ atleast 1 of the 2.

KCrockaholic
07-03-2010, 02:49 AM
And he's still never had much of a pass rush as a Chief. No pass rush, & no good safeties, and he's still looked like a pro bowler out there. Imagine what he'll do w/ atleast 1 of the 2.

You're right. We might see the beginning of "Flowers Island".

Farzin
07-03-2010, 02:55 AM
D. Williams over Tamba Hali? Haha.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Flowers will rule.