PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Interesting thing about Obama care

Bill Parcells
07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I had lunch with a friend of mine the other day. he owns a business with about 180 employees. about 25 people in the company have health benefits.

He told me that since that bill was passed his insurance premiums have risen 15-20% lol! now I dont know if the Insurance company used it as an excuse to raise premiums or what. but it's a lil scary when it costs well over $500 a month per employee for health benefits.

Who is this supposed to be helping? has anybody read this monstrosity of a health care law? TBH I dont think anybody knows whats going to happen. since nobody knows whats in the law, or has read the fucking thing. this fucking thing has to be repealed asap.

RJ
07-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I can't remember a year when my family's insurance costs didn't go up or our coverage down. I think the last time I saw no change was at least 10 years ago, maybe more. I'm not saying the new laws didn't contribute to what your friend has seen, only that I'm sure he'd have seen some sort of increase regardless.

jiveturkey
07-02-2010, 07:25 PM
15% to 20% is a pretty normal annual premium increase for my company. My wife works for a smaller company and two of their employees cost $800/month to cover.