PDA

View Full Version : Education Did you know Arizona doesn't border Mexico?

AndChiefs
07-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Not trying to make a political statement other than...how do these people get in a position of power? (Albeit a small position of power.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_RSr3VDAfE

http://www.StandWithArizona.com/ (http://www.StandWithArizona.com/) Democrat County Supervisor Peggy West of Milwaukee--strong advocate for the City of Milwaukee to boycott Arizona over SB1070--demonstrates the kind of intelligence we have come to expect from pro-illegal alien advocates.

petegz28
07-03-2010, 07:04 AM
O
M
F
G

LMAO

vailpass
07-03-2010, 07:30 AM
This was on talk radio here a few days ago when it happened. All you can do is throw up your arms when not only does a sister state not back your play but their elected officials don't even KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ON THE MAP.

banyon
07-03-2010, 08:08 AM
This is a byproduct of the Internet educated society. This sort of sloppy hold on facts and weakness and inability to make logical connections is endemic in the under 25 generation. It's getting worse too. They have trouble focusing on anything. She may be ahead of her time.

Rain Man
07-03-2010, 08:33 AM
I hope she didn't take that guy's statement lying down. He said Arizona is on the border. She should've firmly corrected him, and perhaps drawn him a map to demonstrate her knowledge of geography.

Psyko Tek
07-03-2010, 08:43 AM
it's okay,

I mean it's only that one side

no big deal

kcfanXIII
07-03-2010, 09:46 AM
that's almost as bad as a VPOTUS candidate not knowing that africa is a continent not a country.

Brock
07-03-2010, 09:50 AM
This is a byproduct of the Internet educated society. This sort of sloppy hold on facts and weakness and inability to make logical connections is endemic in the under 25 generation. It's getting worse too. They have trouble focusing on anything. She may be ahead of her time.

shakes fist you kids get off my yard

Baby Lee
07-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Some folks, like in the Iraq and such as, don't have maps.

The Mad Crapper
07-03-2010, 10:04 AM
ten bucks says she voted for Obama.

Brainiac
07-03-2010, 10:09 AM
For hundreds of years the "older" generations have been horrified by the stupidity, laziness, immorality, and general incompetence of the younger generations.

Nothing has changed in this regard just because of the Internet. This is not a byproduct of the Internet educated society. This is just an example of an uninformed moron who made a complete fool out of herself. The beauty of the Internet age is that this kind of mistake can be captured digitally and shared worldwide so that she can be mocked and ridiculed as she richly deserves.

Brainiac
07-03-2010, 10:10 AM
ten bucks says she voted for Obama.
I don't think you're going to find any takers on that bet.

RJ
07-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Why the hell is a Wisconsin County Supervisor (whatever that means) weighing in with her opinion on a law in Arizona?

fan4ever
07-03-2010, 10:45 AM
For hundreds of years the "older" generations have been horrified by the stupidity, laziness, immorality, and general incompetence of the younger generations.

This reminds me of a famous quote people sometimes use to make your point. A very simplified version is basically "The youth of today is lazy and worthless and stupid". Then it's attributed to Socrates...showing that the world has long survived since his statement and every generation feels this way about the next...except for one thing.

Greece fell.

I don't take so much comfort in that comparison.

Brock
07-03-2010, 11:12 AM
This reminds me of a famous quote people sometimes use to make your point. A very simplified version is basically "The youth of today is lazy and worthless and stupid". Then it's attributed to Socrates...showing that the world has long survived since his statement and every generation feels this way about the next...except for one thing.

Greece fell.

All empires fall, for various reasons not related to "these worthless kids today"

RJ
07-03-2010, 11:14 AM
All empires fall, for various reasons not related to "these worthless kids today"

Greece fell because those worthless kids wouldn't get off the lawn. And the graffiti on the Parthenon didn't help matters.

BigChiefFan
07-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Nothing has changed in this regard just because of the Internet. This is not a byproduct of the Internet educated society. This is just an example of an uninformed moron who made a complete fool out of herself. The beauty of the Internet age is that this kind of mistake can be captured digitally and shared worldwide so that she can be mocked and ridiculed as she richly deserves.
I agree.

Brainiac
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM

Greece fell.

You're right: I should have said that this has been going on for thousands of years, not hundreds of years.

And by the way, Greece didn't fall because of the failings of its teenagers.

The Mad Crapper
07-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't think you're going to find any takers on that bet.

Barack Hussein Obama!

Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Hopey Change™

mikey23545
07-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, I <i>do</i> know it's the 57th state...

The Mad Crapper
07-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, I <i>do</i> know it's the 57th state...

ROFL

Obama has become a bozo the clown punching bag laughingstock at this point.

fan4ever
07-03-2010, 09:01 PM
You're right: I should have said that this has been going on for thousands of years, not hundreds of years.

I think you could argue Greece fell because of moral decay...but of course, I wasn't there...but I'm here...and moral decay has many faces.

go bowe
07-03-2010, 11:46 PM
I think you could argue Greece fell because of moral decay...but of course, I wasn't there...but I'm here...and moral decay has many faces.oral decay?

yeah, i need to see the dentist...

oh wait...

go bowe
07-03-2010, 11:47 PM
happy fourth everybody... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Saul Good
07-04-2010, 07:40 AM
This was on talk radio here a few days ago when it happened. All you can do is throw up your arms when not only does a sister state not back your play but their elected officials don't even KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ON THE MAP.

It's not just that she doesn't know where they are on the map. What really amazes me is that she has enough trust in her own sense of geography to speak about it in a public forum.

I don't know how to speak Russian. I'm not going to get on a conference call with the CEO of my company and try to act as a translator between him and a Russian investor, though.

vailpass
07-04-2010, 02:11 PM
It's not just that she doesn't know where they are on the map. What really amazes me is that she has enough trust in her own sense of geography to speak about it in a public forum.

I don't know how to speak Russian. I'm not going to get on a conference call with the CEO of my company and try to act as a translator between him and a Russian investor, though.

Yes, that in itself is amazing in a "WTF!?" sort of way.

ForeverChiefs58
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM

All you have to do is google it, duh.

Hydrae
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
On local radio talk here in Austin, they were talking about a poll that was conducted of 1000 adults in this country. 67% of women and 71% or men were able to correctly answer the question, "What country did American win its independence from?"

Some of the wrong answers included France, Spain, Mexico, China, Japan, and my favorite, Alaska.

Sigh

banyon
07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
On local radio talk here in Austin, they were talking about a poll that was conducted of 1000 adults in this country. 67% of women and 71% or men were able to correctly answer the question, "What country did American win its independence from?"

Some of the wrong answers included France, Spain, Mexico, China, Japan, and my favorite, Alaska.

Sigh

I don't think people were this dumb 30 years ago.

orange
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Greece fell because those worthless kids wouldn't get off the lawn. And the graffiti on the Parthenon didn't help matters.

HEY YOU KIDS! KNOCK IT OFF!

http://disinfo.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/parthenon.jpg

patteeu
07-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Greece's younger generation didn't elect Barack Obama. :p

Bwana
07-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow

AndChiefs
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Sigh

Stupid Alaska and their colonial ways. I'm glad we fought for our independence from them so well that we took them over and made them ours. I just wish we could've taken over their neighbors Australia and Egypt as well.

Guru
07-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Holy crap!!!!

Velvet_Jones
07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm not trying to make her less stupid but I think she chose her words poorly. I really think she was trying to say that Wisconsin is "a ways removed from the border". I still think she is stupid.

AndChiefs
07-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm not trying to make her less stupid but I think she chose her words poorly. I really think she was trying to say that Wisconsin is "a ways removed from the border". I still think she is stupid.

I could see how you could think that...but it doesn't seem like her comments around that area have to do with Wisconsin. But yes, either way she is dumb.

ClevelandBronco
07-06-2010, 07:44 AM

You must be smoking dope.

ForeverChiefs58
07-06-2010, 08:26 AM

She is talking about the new arizona law "it would be different if we were talking about texas which does actually border mexico, but (arizona) is a state which is a ways removed from the border."
She then goes on about looking arizona up on google instead of a map.

Her name is Peggy West, 12th District Supervisor, 2nd Vice-Chair on the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, first Latino/Hispanic American to be elected and strong advocate for the city to boycott Arizona over SB1070--demonstrates the kind of intelligence we have come to expect from pro-illegal alien advocates

ForeverChiefs58
07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OdvQGNQ2PmA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OdvQGNQ2PmA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Velvet_Jones
07-06-2010, 08:41 AM
She is talking about the new arizona law "it would be different if we were talking about texas which does actually border mexico, but (arizona) is a state which is a ways removed from the border."
She then goes on about looking arizona up on google instead of a map.

Her name is Peggy West, 12th District Supervisor, 2nd Vice-Chair on the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, first Latino/Hispanic American to be elected and strong advocate for the city to boycott Arizona over SB1070--demonstrates the kind of intelligence we have come to expect from pro-illegal alien advocates

I'm just saying that I find it impossible that her "joggerfree" (from the Arkansas to English Dictionary) is lacking to the point that she doesn't know that Arizona borders with Mexico. I'm not taking up for her but I still think she made a context mistake. I think she was talking about Wisconsin but didn't make that clear at all. I'm not excusing it.

Otter
07-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm not excusing it.

Just rationalize it?

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
joggerfree

LOL