PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire. Any good?

Frankie
07-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I have never watched this. Is it good? Bad? Funny? terrible?

KcMizzou
07-04-2010, 11:45 PM
It was terrible, but I got a few laughs out of it anyway.

Frankie
07-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks. But I want more than one person's opinion on it. So any more?

Zebedee DuBois
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I remember it as being pretty cheezy. A genre spoof, like 'Scary Movie' or any of those types...and not at the top of the class in that category either. There are some chuckles available, but it's nothing to set aside time for.

Tylerthigpen!1!
07-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I just rewatched an episode. I remembered that show being a lot funnier than it is now. That also got me in the mood to watch Stella. Another show I remember being funnier.

bevischief
07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Not bad. Can be funny.

listopencil
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
"Krod Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire" is an outrageous, character-driven workplace comedy set in an ancient realm. Narrated by Chris Parnell ("30 Rock"), the series follows reluctant hero, Krod Mandoon (Maguire, "Meet the Spartans"), a thin-skinned and underconfident freedom fighter, who is the last great hope in the struggle against the evil ruler, Chancellor Dongalor (Lucas, "Little Britain USA"). To help fight the good fight, Krod has assembled a band of loyal, but remarkably ineffective freedom fighters: Aneka (India de Beaufort, "Run, Fatboy, Run"), the beautiful Pagan warrioress whose weapon of choice is sex; Zezelryck (Kevin Hart, "Fool's Gold"), the young warlock whose greatest magical gift is spinning B.S.; Loquasto (Steve Speirs, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"), Krod's oafish half human/half swine servant; and Bruce (Marques Ray, "Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out"), who's fierce and proud. Together, they must overcome a myriad of evil obstacles in their quest to save the world, including name-calling, hired assassins and a bisexual Cyclops (or biclops).

Sounds like a giant pile of shit.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM

Pretty much my opinion on it as well.

JD10367
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I was excited when I heard about the series.

I watched the premiere episode.

I literally, and totally, forgot all about it until this thread.

'Nuf said.