PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Self-Re-Straint

philfree
07-05-2010, 01:35 AM
self-

Oh mmy! So I rent a property to a Firework Vinder.....So we are getting a small discount these days..20%...That's beans!

So we hadn't argued and everyone had a decent 4th...or 3rd .,..or ehat ever day the peeps celebrated. Well me and my immediate peeps went back to buy some more fireworks. We weren't geting anywhere trying to get a discount. I'm standing on my own property...realize that. I get the mgr girl to come over and talk about a discount and she was un-giving...Well this one guy who doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground sparks up. He says don't give her a hard time! I say I'm not and I don't think you get it. He says don't give hyer a hard time...LOL....I say I'm not but you do realize you're on my prooperty.....He says....Don't give her a hard time......I'll take your knees out!

LOL...What? I've never felt so threatened! LOL Gonna take my knees out? My darter was with me and I was drinking so I walked away. If that guy is on my property in the morning I'm stomping his ass....

Gonna take my knees out? Do I look that old?

I ain't old! Bring it you little disrespectful mo- fo~

PhilFree:arrow:

|Zach|
07-05-2010, 01:42 AM
The girl might not have been in a position to give the discount.

philfree
07-05-2010, 01:57 AM

What? She was...they were....they are. Gonna take out my knees? Are you that dum boyee?

They....Hale's Fireworks will not be renting from me next year.

The only question is " Will that one guy be there in the morning?" I'm gonna somp his ass when my darter can't see. Shee thinks I'm sweet!

salame
07-05-2010, 02:02 AM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kom6uqgMzS1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

Fish
07-05-2010, 02:08 AM
You did the right thing with a youngster around.

kysirsoze
07-05-2010, 02:09 AM

I think if she was the manager and he was the property owner she was in no position to deny a discount or at least refer him to the fireworks vendor. You should have just grabbed the fireworks you wanted and walked the fuck out. Let em prosecute.

philfree
07-05-2010, 02:21 AM
You did the right thing with a youngster around.

It's so hard to know when and where to say........Whatever! I'm gonna go back here in a minute and throw them out. I hope that one ol boy is there cause i'm gonna whip his ass. He's gonna take out my knees? LOL who would say that?
A coaward and a pussy! No offense Ladies! Don't think you would take offense to that either way.

I'll get back to you all shortly.

kysirsoze
07-05-2010, 02:24 AM
It's so hard to know when and where to say........Whatever! I'm gonna go back here in a minute and throw them out. I hope that one ol boy is there cause i'm gonna whip his ass. He's gonna take out my knees? LOL who would say that?
A coaward and a pussy! No offense Ladies! Don't think you would take offense to that either way.

Judging by the syntax of these posts, I'm guessing you're a little bit too drunk to address this situation properly. Maybe it's better to take it easy, think things through....

ah fuck it. It's your land, go kick his ass.

Pablo
07-05-2010, 02:45 AM
Don't rent to them next year. Problem solved.

And don't talk about what you woulda shoulda coulda done when you've been drinking because it's lawlrific.

Hog Farmer
07-05-2010, 03:11 AM
You should show up with a flamethrower and show him how the fireworks really work!

btlook1
07-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Hey Philfree it's been about 3 hrs....should we put up a poll...he's either in jail or passed out?

Captain Obvious
07-05-2010, 06:42 AM
They....Hale's Fireworks will not be renting from me next year.

Hale's is notorious for being a bunch of jerks.

Bwana
07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Heh, Someone was pulling hard on the Old Crow last night. :)

cdcox
07-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Should have shot him in the neck with your darter.

OnTheWarpath58
07-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Should have shot him in the neck with your darter.

ROFL

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/news-quiz-ferrell.jpg

boogblaster
07-05-2010, 09:43 AM
12 gauge pump

Bane
07-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Good thing you had your darter with you eh?LMAO

Phobia
07-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Being the land-owner doesn't entitle you to anything. Stop being a prick, Phil.

Short Leash Hootie
07-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Being the land-owner doesn't entitle you to anything. Stop being a prick, Phil.

your holier than thou shtick is old

Pablo
07-05-2010, 10:41 AM
your holier than thou shtick is oldHe's right though.

He's renting the property to them.

He's earning money from their business. A 20% discount is a nice thank-you. Requesting more for no reason is just greedy.

Short Leash Hootie
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I'll have to hear the sober story...when I read it the first time it sounded like they didn't even want to give the 20% they promised him...

Captain Obvious
07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
He's right though.

He's earning money from their business. A 20% discount is a nice thank-you. Requesting more for no reason is just greedy.

Discounts for land owners are pretty typical in the fireworks world. And when you offer a 20% discount as part of the rental deal, you'd think it would apply for anything he purchased.

GoHuge
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Discounts for land owners are pretty typical in the fireworks world. And when you offer a 20% discount as part of the rental deal, you'd think it would apply for anything he purchased.Apparently anything but fireworks and darter's.

Pablo
07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Discounts for land owners are pretty typical in the fireworks world. And when you offer a 20% discount as part of the rental deal, you'd think it would apply for anything he purchased.He was getting a 20% discount from the stand already.

He was negotiating an even larger discount and they said "No".

At least that's the way I read it. But it's all drunken gibberish so I could be reading it wrong or missing something.

Phobia
07-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't care about a discount - I encourage everybody to get their best deal. It's the "do you know who I am" crap that bugs me.

Delano
07-05-2010, 11:11 AM
They denied the sale because they didn't want your drunk ass shooting your darter's eye out with a bottle rocket.
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach|
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
There is a reason for everything.

Bugeater
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
He's right though.

I don't know how you're getting that out of the story, the way I understand it is they didn't want to give him the 20% discount that they previously had. They probably figured hey, what's he going to do about it, kick us off the land? BFD, it's their last day there anyway. Him being drunk and belligerent probably wasn't helping the situation either.

teedubya
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
How old is your Darter?

Zebedee DuBois
07-05-2010, 01:12 PM
The Channel Darter

http://pond.dnr.cornell.edu/nyfish/Percidae/channel_darter.jpg

Dick Bull
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Silly drunks bringing a darter to a fireworks stand. Like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

teedubya
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
YOu will not believe this... I was just out running some errands... and saw a DODGE DARTER!!!

RNR
07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Not once in my life have I had a few too many and gotten into a unnecessary fight. A handful of times but not once!

philfree
07-05-2010, 04:05 PM
He was getting a 20% discount from the stand already.

He was negotiating an even larger discount and they said "No".

At least that's the way I read it. But it's all drunken gibberish so I could be reading it wrong or missing something.

You got it right. I really wasn't drunk though. The thing is my family members had already spent near $1,000.00 on fireworks with these people. I was back with intentions of spending more so IMO I should get a better deal at that point.

Another thing is that I'm a nice person to deal with. I didn't walk into their tent like I was the man or something. When the dude with the braided goatee started mouthing me I quietly said to him "I don't think you understand. This is my property." In the end he threatened to take my knees out. It sounded so funny to me. If I were gonna talk shit to someone I think I could come up with something better then that. None the less he threatened me with bodily harm while standing on my property and that ain't right. I did the intelligent thing and walked away. If I was an ass I would have called the cops right then and had him removed from the property. I didn't do that though. I guess I could have went all crazy and said something like " Me? Are you talking to me?" :rolleyes: But I didn't do that either.

And one more thing is that I have a prime location for a tent. First place outside the city limits on asphalt adjoining a convience store. Other vendors have tried to lease it out from under the people I lease it to but I've always made sure that they kept the lease. At this juncture they are going to have to give us a better deal or I'll find someone who will.

Darter- That's a word I learned from the Golf Pro who used to give me instruction when I was a kid. I was always amused at the way he spoke so I adopted the use of the word.

philfree
07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't know how you're getting that out of the story, the way I understand it is they didn't want to give him the 20% discount that they previously had. They probably figured hey, what's he going to do about it, kick us off the land? BFD, it's their last day there anyway. Him being drunk and belligerent probably wasn't helping the situation either.

LOL I'm just not that guy.

GoHuge
07-05-2010, 04:20 PM
You got it right. I really wasn't drunk though. The thing is my family members had already spent near $1,000.00 on fireworks with these people. I was back with intentions of spending more so IMO I should get a better deal at that point.

Another thing is that I'm a nice person to deal with. I didn't walk into their tent like I was the man or something. When the dude with the braided goatee started mouthing me I quietly said to him "I don't think you understand. This is my property." In the end he threatened to take my knees out. It sounded so funny to me. If I were gonna talk shit to someone I think I could come up with something better then that. None the less he threatened me with bodily harm while standing on my property and that ain't right. I did the intelligent thing and walked away. If I was an ass I would have called the cops right then and had him removed from the property. I didn't do that though. I guess I could have went all crazy and said something like " Me? Are you talking to me?" :rolleyes: But I didn't do that either.

And one more thing is that I have a prime location for a tent. First place outside the city limits on asphalt adjoining a convience store. Other vendors have tried to lease it out from under the people I lease it to but I've always made sure that they kept the lease. At this juncture they are going to have to give us a better deal or I'll find someone who will.

Darter- That's a word I learned from the Golf Pro who used to give me instruction when I was a kid. I was always amused at the way he spoke so I adopted the use of the word.

PhilFree:arrow:So then does "darter" mean daughter or have another meaning? Wasn't confirmed by you as to what the actual meaning is. Also kicking ass now or has that been ruled out? Please update.

I'm not really sure what you were expecting out of people that sound like they will be joining the carnival circuit after their fireworks business slows down. Braided goatee? Shame on you sir for not daignosing that situation sooner. You should never put anything beyond people of that ilk. What did you think "dude" would say? Nothing real original left that is still only available in VHS.

philfree
07-05-2010, 04:22 PM

I didn't go back I was just venting. I have more sense than that..... even while drinking. That guy is not allowed back on my property though.

philfree
07-05-2010, 04:26 PM
So then does "darter" mean daughter or have another meaning? Wasn't confirmed by you as to what the actual meaning is. Also kicking ass now or has that been ruled out? Please update.

I'm not really sure what you were expecting out of people that sound like they will be joining the carnival circuit after their fireworks business slows down. Braided goatee? Shame on you sir for not daignosing that situation sooner. You should never put anything beyond people of that ilk. What did you think "dude" would say? Nothing real original left that is still only available in VHS.

Yes.

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Your opinion is immaterial. You had an agreement. 20% off, not 20% off for the first $1,000 and whatever your opinion was after that.

Brock
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Sounds like drunken babbling to me.

philfree
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Your opinion is immaterial. You had an agreement. 20% off, not 20% off for the first $1,000 and whatever your opinion was after that.

It's not written in the lease. They decide what want to give and at this point it ain't enough. And my opinion is very material since they are operating on a one year lease.

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2010, 05:32 PM
It's not written in the lease. They decide what want to give and at this point it ain't enough. And my opinion is very material since they are operating on a one year lease.

ROFL

Bugeater
07-05-2010, 05:39 PM

You sound like an absolute joy to do business with. Although I suppose if it's a prime location with that high of a demand, you can get away being a prick.

|Zach|
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
You sound like an absolute joy to do business with. Although I suppose if it's a prime location with that high of a demand, you can get away being a prick.

This.

chiefer
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
phil,

the fireworks should be 50% off today. go ape shit

KcMizzou
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Well, it sounds like you were drinking and having fun, ran out of fireworks, and said, "Hey guys, no problem!. That fireworks tent is on my property!" Then you went back and tried to bully them into a better deal. It sounds like the guy was just trying to protect the female manager from being bullied.

Again, that's just what is sounds like. But I'm curious as to what their side would sound like...

Iowanian
07-05-2010, 06:16 PM
It sounds to me like you're the asshole on this one Phil.

You're not entitled to demand a bigger discount because you own the property and if you rent it, you're not entitled to tell them who can and can't be there.

You're wrong on this one.

philfree
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM

I really am. We've been very loyal to these people unfortunately a few of the people who are working the tent this year aren't good people. We let them use our electric and water for free just to be nice. They are there about a month and they have a fithwheel that's sitting there too and it uses both my electric and water. And that's fine with me until people start threatening me with bodliy harm. But yeah I'm a real prick:rolleyes:

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I really am. We've been very loyal to these people unfortunately a few of the people who are working the tent this year aren't good people. We let them use our electric and water for free just to be nice. They are there about a month and they have a fithwheel that's sitting there too and it uses both my electric and water. And that's fine with me until people start threatening me with bodliy harm. But yeah I'm a real prick:rolleyes:

You're probably not a prick. You're a nice guy who doesn't live up to his agreements. Cool. Now they know.

Iowanian
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
you weren't threatened until you went over there drunk, late at night talking shit to a woman.

gblowfish
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
You spent $1000 on fireworks?
Man, why not just go to a local fireworks display and donate that money to a food pantry. You just burned up ten benjamins, and there's people in your own back yard that have nothing to eat. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I just don't get that.

DeezNutz
07-05-2010, 06:27 PM
If he hadn't specified that he'd been drinking, I wouldn't have known.

Bugeater
07-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Well yeah, you are kinda being a prick if you're trying to change the terms of the agreement at the very end and justifying doing so simply because it's your property. It's too late at this point if you don't think you're getting enough, the only thing you can do is push for more favorable terms next year.

And hopefully whoever rents from you next year will be smart enough to get all this shit written into the lease.

philfree
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
you weren't threatened until you went over there drunk, late at night talking shit to a woman.

I don't talk shit to people and I certainly didn't talk shit to this gal but you can make up any story you want because it really doesn't matter. And it wasn't late at night the sun wasn't even done setting yet.

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
I don't talk shit to people and I certainly didn't talk shit to this gal but you can make up any story you want because it really doesn't matter. And it wasn't late at night the sun wasn't even done setting yet.

Good decision to go over there drunk early rather than late.

Iowanian
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Change the story however you want to make yourself look like you rode in there on a white horse.

They didn't owe you anything, and you're the one who posted the boarderline retarded 3am rant and were going to go whip his ass.

Yeah...I'm sure it's the other people who were the asshole last night.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
If he hadn't specified that he'd been drinking, I wouldn't have known.

ROFL

DeezNutz
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Did the little darter have candy with her? Are we sure the fireworks guy didn't say, "Don't leave without your Bottlecaps."

If so, Jim Beam says dem are fighting words.

philfree
07-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Change the story however you want to make yourself look like you rode in there on a white horse.

They didn't owe you anything, and you're the one who posted the boarderline retarded 3am rant and were going to go whip his ass.

Yeah...I'm sure it's the other people who were the asshole last night.

It was definately a retarded rant and yes they were the assholes. :clap: You got it right. I always thought you were fairly intellligent:)

Brock
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Seems to be the consensus that you are the asshole. Either you're not communicating your position very well, or you are, in fact, the asshole.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
http://msclmet0809.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-drunk-dogs-pics-11.jpg

philfree
07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Good decision to go over there drunk early rather than late.

I had been drinking but I wasn't drunk. I posted my rant much later and well after my guests had left. At that point I had put on a good buzz. I had a DD so I didn't drive. What I did do is buy a bunch more fireworks and it wasn't from them. I got more then a 20% discount from the competition and we had a heck of a display.

philfree
07-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Seems to be the consensus that you are the asshole. Either you're not communicating your position very well, or you are, in fact, the asshole.

Well this is Chiefs Planet so the consensus is suspect to say the least.

I posted a rant so I can see how some might think my behavior with the firework people would mirror that. It didn't and I was nothing short of nice when I was at the firework stand.

GoHuge
07-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I had been drinking but I wasn't drunk. I posted my rant much later and well after my guests had left. At that point I had put on a good buzz. I had a DD so I didn't drive. What I did do is buy a bunch more fireworks and it wasn't from them. I got more then a 20% discount from the competition and we had a heck of a display.

PhilFree:arrow:So you got your jollies off on more fireworks at a bigger discount, shot them off and had "a heck of a display," and then came inside after all of that and at 2:30 AM you got online to put together a rambling "not drunk" ass kick thread? After hanging out with your guests (that I assume you like) all night long on the 4th of July and having time to process the situation this drivel was still roasting your ass? Dude you've gotta find a way to decompress.

I've got a feeling this was still an itch because a bunch of guys sat around all night drinking, back slapping, and talking about "what they woulda done to that ****in ****er" while the wives sit there rolling their eyes at the cock-measuring contest (without the actually whipping out of said cocks). Also don't forget about the new guy in the crowd talking about "back when" (because nobody really knows his story), but before he met you all "he could fight!!!"

Butt dartering at its finest.

I'm sure we've probably all aired on the side of stupid more than once and I'm sure we'd all argue about never going to this extreme, but we've been there. Note to self: Stay off the Intrawebs after doing so. The end result is never pretty.

KcMizzou
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
So you got your jollies off on more fireworks at a bigger discount, shot them off and had "a heck of a display," and then came inside after all of that and at 2:30 AM you got online to put together a rambling "not drunk" ass kick thread? After hanging out with your guests (that I assume you like) all night long on the 4th of July and having time to process the situation this drivel was still roasting your ass? Dude you've gotta find a way to decompress.

I've got a feeling this was still an itch because a bunch of guys sat around all night drinking, back slapping, and talking about "what they woulda done to that ****in ****er" while the wives sit there rolling their eyes at the cock-measuring contest (without the actually whipping out of said cocks). Also don't forget about the new guy in the crowd talking about "back when" (because nobody really knows his story), but before he met you all "he could fight!!!"

I'm sure we've probably all aired on the side of stupid more than once and I'm sure we'd all argue about never going to this extreme, but we've been there. Note to self: Stay off the Intrawebs after doing so. The end result is never pretty.Where the hell did that come from?

(and it's "erred" not "aired")

Edit: If the race of anyone involved was mentioned, I honestly missed it.

|Zach|
07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Well this is Chiefs Planet so the consensus is suspect to say the least.

I posted a rant so I can see how some might think my behavior with the firework people would mirror that. It didn't and I was nothing short of nice when I was at the firework stand.

That is how that usually works. ROFL

Bugeater
07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Where the hell did that come from?

Edit: If the race of anyone involved was mentioned, I honestly missed it.
I have filters on, is that the n-word? If so, it's not the first time that guy has dropped a slur. And I have no idea where it came from either.

milkman
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Little late to the party here, but when he said "darter", I thought he was talking about a dog.

As for the guy who threatened to take out his knees, I need a little context here.

Was he a midget?

DeezNutz
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Fuckin fucker. F-word, both times.

-King-
07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Assuming you were getting the 20%, that means you bought $1,200 worth of fireworks....WTF?

philfree
07-05-2010, 08:28 PM
So you got your jollies off on more fireworks at a bigger discount, shot them off and had "a heck of a display," and then came inside after all of that and at 2:30 AM you got online to put together a rambling "not drunk" ass kick thread? After hanging out with your guests (that I assume you like) all night long on the 4th of July and having time to process the situation this drivel was still roasting your ass? Dude you've gotta find a way to decompress.

I'm sure we've probably all aired on the side of stupid more than once and I'm sure we'd all argue about never going to this extreme, but we've been there. Note to self: Stay off the Intrawebs after doing so. The end result is never pretty.

Yes to the bolded and not really to the italics.

The guy threatened me while on my property and it ate at me all night. He wasn't going to be allowed back as soon as he did it. I didn't make a scene I left and let them do their business. And in the end the people that actuallly rent the spot aren't going to be happy when their competitor is renting the spot next year.

Bugeater
07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
****in ****er. F-word, both times.
Well fuckin fuck you fucker.

milkman
07-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Well ****in **** you ****er.

You guys need to learn to use proper English like I do.

philfree
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Little late to the party here, but when he said "darter", I thought he was talking about a dog.

As for the guy who threatened to take out his knees, I need a little context here.

Was he a midget?

No. That's funniest tough guy line I think I've ever heard though. "I'll take your knees out":spock: I didn't say another word to him after he he said it either. If he hadn't been so serious I would have laughed.

I've thought about it now and I bet he was packing some heat. :eek:

|Zach|
07-05-2010, 08:51 PM
No. That's funniest tough guy line I think I've ever heard though. "I'll take your knees out":spock: I didn't say another word to him after he he said it either. If he hadn't been so serious I would have laughed.

I've thought about it now and I bet he was packing some heat. :eek:

Yea, I mean...whatever else we can do to distort this whole stupid ordeal.

Captain Obvious
07-05-2010, 10:50 PM

Heh, on West Bypass? Pretty sure you bought from my cousin.

Captain Obvious
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Yea, I mean...whatever else we can do to distort this whole stupid ordeal.

I'd be more shocked if he wasn't than if he was.

Saulbadguy
07-05-2010, 10:59 PM
What a dumbass.

GoHuge
07-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Where the hell did that come from?

Edit: If the race of anyone involved was mentioned, I honestly missed it.Thanks fore the grammerage helping. Always nice to have your own CP english professor to point out your flaws. Will strive to do gooder.

Uh trying to figure out how after hours of being steamed on the 4th enjoying a holiday with friends and family he still had this butthurt going on. The only way I see it morphing into the OP was a night of middle aged men sitting around talking about "what would have happened when I was younger." Given the fact he had his boys around all night I'm sure the dust-up at the fireworks stand was talked about more and more as the alcohol was consumed. Just a guess given the fact I've been involved in and witnessed this several times through out the course of my life as I'm sure most of us have. Not everyone here that talks about this situation (or ones like it) is as big a badass as they come across when they chime in on badass threads. Was actually kind of siding him him. I get how the situation ended up happening. I suppose if I'm way off base he would correct me.

What the race comment was about.........I haven't a clue. It wasn't mentioned anywhere that I saw. Kind of Whitlockesque to bring it up when it has nothing to do with anything previously mentioned. Just a case of grasping for straws apparently.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-06-2010, 07:40 AM
I wonder if this fireworks guy was the same guy who robbed Claythan's uncle?

HemiEd
07-06-2010, 08:06 AM
You spent $1000 on fireworks?
Man, why not just go to a local fireworks display and donate that money to a food pantry. You just burned up ten benjamins, and there's people in your own back yard that have nothing to eat. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I just don't get that.

This. I haven't spent a dollar on fireworks in well over 20 years, and it wasn't much then.

tooge
07-06-2010, 09:13 AM
If i'm the fireworks guy, I probably tell you that sure, maybe we can negotiate a better deal for you next year. But THIS year, we had a deal, and a deal is a deal. Your ownership of the property doesn't mean shit. You agreed to let him rent there and in return you get a %20 discount. That is an agreement. You don't try to come in after a few drinks and change it to your advantage. What a tool.

MOhillbilly
07-06-2010, 09:22 AM
hales used to have some killer shit a few years back. Got the fire marshal called in.

RNR
07-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I would have called him and told him I was going to burn down his stand...but he was going to blow me first~

ChiTown
07-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I spent $83 on fireworks this year. My limit is $100 every year. My kids had a blast shooting them off, and we pooled all the night time stuff together with our neighbors and had a fantastic show. :)

philfree
07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I just walked to the store and on my way back the lone tent worker came out and apologized in case he was rude the other night. We shook hands and it was fine. He wasn't the one who threatened to take my knees out though. I suspect my wishes will be honored and he won't be back.

philfree
07-06-2010, 10:48 AM
hales used to have some killer shit a few years back. Got the fire marshal called in.

Yeah they have good stuff and I've never had a problem with the Hale's themselves they have always been nice. They hired the wrong guy to work that tent however.

If i'm the fireworks guy, I probably tell you that sure, maybe we can negotiate a better deal for you next year. But THIS year, we had a deal, and a deal is a deal. Your ownership of the property doesn't mean shit. You agreed to let him rent there and in return you get a %20 discount. That is an agreement. You don't try to come in after a few drinks and change it to your advantage. What a tool.

They decide every year what they want to do. There was no conversation and no hand shake. There was no agreement. I spent over $700.00 on fireworks in two days. We had a celebration with my daughters boy friends family out in the country on Sat and then because the mom couldn't be there we invited some of them over for Sun so we could meet her. They chipped in $100.00. I can walk into any tent around town and get 20% off if I'm spending that kind of money on fireworks. Sunday night when I went else where to buy I got over 25% off of what I bought. I'm sure I was out of line expecting a good deal from my renters.

philfree
07-08-2011, 06:36 PM
It was a great 4th and my new tenants kept a a very clean operation and were very nice. Pulled in the same amount of rent but also got $1,000.00 in free FWs and 50% of anything after. :thumb:

Douche Baggins
07-08-2011, 06:45 PM
You're a drunk redneck and a man of low moral fiber.

philfree
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
You're a drunk redneck and a man of low moral fiber.

You know nothing of me so please keep your lies and slander to yourself.

Pestilence
07-08-2011, 06:54 PM
It was still a dick move.

And way to brag........douche.

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:00 PM
It was still a dick move.

And way to brag........douche.

Just updating the situation. And what was a dick move? The fairytale that people wrote in between the lines of what I posted? LOL The Planet is awsome with making up stuff between the lines.

Douche Baggins
07-08-2011, 07:01 PM
You know nothing of me so please keep your lies and slander to yourself.

This thread reveals all, drunkard.

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:04 PM
This thread reveals all, drunkard.

In your 6th grade mind maybe. Please just stop.

Douche Baggins
07-08-2011, 07:07 PM
In your 6th grade mind maybe. Please just stop.

You beg me to stop because you are embarrassed by your drunkenness and the behavior it causes.

Bugeater
07-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the update, we were all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear how things worked out for you this year.

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 07:11 PM
I realize that this thread is from last year. I remember when you first posted it... a single thought crossed my mind.

Re-read it just now and the same thought crossed my mind.

You are a fucking tool.

Congrats on your 1k of free fw. It is unfortunate that they didnt light a punk and stick it in with your haul before you going on your way.

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:18 PM
I realize that this thread is from last year. I remember when you first posted it... a single thought crossed my mind.

Re-read it just now and the same thought crossed my mind.

You are a ****ing tool.

Congrats on your 1k of free fw. It is unfortunate that they didnt light a punk and stick it in with your haul before you going on your way.

I'm a tool for posting a drunken rant late at night? If that's your basis then fine. That's the only the I did that was questionable.

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm a tool for posting a drunken rant late at night? If that's your basis then fine. That's the only the I did that was questionable.

ok

:rolleyes:

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:21 PM
ok

So what did I do again?

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 07:26 PM
So what did I do again?

If 100 posts of people calling you a drunken, greedy, ignorant ****stick isn't enough to tell you what you did wrong... nothing I can say will either.

GloryDayz
07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kom6uqgMzS1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

I'm convinced that any "leader" who wears cool-guy shades needs to be shot!

Zebedee DuBois
07-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I enjoyed the darter sections of this thread.

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:39 PM
If 100 posts of people calling you a drunken, greedy, ignorant ****stick isn't enough to tell you what you did wrong... nothing I can say will either.

Cop out.......Like I said the writing between the lines here is awsome. Yes I was drinking on the 4th of July....I guess that makes most Americans drunks too. As far as spending hundreds of dollars and trying to get a better deal I guess that makes one greedy. I guess you always pay MSRP for everything you ever purchase.

Truth is I regret posting the drunken rant but a year later people still believe what they made up. I figured it would be that way but I revisited it none the less.

Frazod
07-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Phil just wanted to wet his beak a little.

http://friedneckbones.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/don-fanucci5.jpg?w=300&h=214

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Cop out.......Like I said the writing between the lines here is awsome. Yes I was drinking on the 4th of July....I guess that makes most Americans drunks too. As far as spneding hundreds of dollars and trying to get a better deal I guess that makes one greedy. I guess you always pay MSRP for everything you ever purchase.

From your OP.

Well me and my immediate peeps went back to buy some more fireworks. We weren't geting anywhere trying to get a discount. I'm standing on my own property...realize that. I get the mgr girl to come over and talk about a discount and she was un-giving

So tell me. What the **** ENTITLES you to a further discount? Because they rented YOUR property? Also, how does you being a stupid and belligerent drunk equate to other people drinking on the 4th and them being drunks???

Jesus Christ... if owning property is all it takes to get heavily discounted or free shit, I need to invest in a strip mall.

By the way, an ellipsis is just three dots.

not just holding down the period key for an abstract period of time.

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Phil just wanted to wet his beak a little.

http://friedneckbones.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/don-fanucci5.jpg?w=300&h=214

Your avitar and that pick look alot alike......I bet here are horns under that hat.

bigbucks24
07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
So let's do a little score keeping:

People who think Phil was in the right and justified.
Philfree

People who think it was a wrong
Everyone else in this thread

Did I miss something?

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Philfree

Did I miss something?

Phil will be by shortly to ask you exactly what he did wrong.

bigbucks24
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Phil will be by shortly to ask you exactly what he did wrong.

I'm not judging (though I do think it was a punk move), just keeping score.

philfree
07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
From your OP.

Well me and my immediate peeps went back to buy some more fireworks. We weren't geting anywhere trying to get a discount. I'm standing on my own property...realize that. I get the mgr girl to come over and talk about a discount and she was un-giving

So tell me. What the **** ENTITLES you to a further discount? Because they rented YOUR property? Also, how does you being a stupid and belligerent drunk equate to other people drinking on the 4th and them being drunks???

Jesus Christ... if owning property is all it takes to get heavily discounted or free shit, I need to invest in a strip mall.

By the way, an ellipsis is just three dots.

not just holding down the period key for an abstract period of time.

But that's not how I behaved at all that's just the CP made up BS. As far heavily discounted goes you obviously don't know much about the FW business. But yes if you can make some good honest money by owning a strip mall you should buy one.

Chocolate Hog
07-08-2011, 08:01 PM

It would have been different if he had bear spray and a gun.

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 08:02 PM
But that's not how I behaved at all that's just the CP made up BS. As far heavily discounted goes you obviously don't know much about the FW business. But yes if you can make some good honest money by owning a strip mall you should buy one.

COP OUT .................................................................................................... ..................................................................................................

You didn't at insinuate that you should get a bigger discount because it is your property.

Nope....................................................................... not at all.

ok

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:04 PM

Philfree

Did I miss something?

The masses are wrong all the time. People fall for the propaganda all the time. It's easy to write between the lines or to believe what others write there but to actually accept the truth is really hard for some.

The Bad Guy
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM

I felt like I was reading TommyKat's posts.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
COP OUT .................................................................................................... ..................................................................................................

You didn't at insinuate that you should get a bigger discount because it is your property.

Nope....................................................................... not at all.

ok

No I didn't "at". And the real point is that even if I didn't get a better price I still shouldn't be threatened on my own property. That's what cost them the spot.

Pestilence
07-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Dude.....you're a douche. You had an agreed upon discount and then went back because you felt you were owed more due to you owning the property. There is no reading between the lines......you come off like a greedy cockbag.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I felt like I was reading TommyKat's posts.

I wasn't pretty in my posting that night and I apologize for that part of my behavior.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Dude.....you're a douche. You had an agreed upon discount and then went back because you felt you were owed more due to you owning the property. There is no reading between the lines......you come off like a greedy cockbag.

That's contrived BS. There was no agreement. Make up some more stuff.

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 08:19 PM
No I didn't "at". And the real point is that even if I didn't get a better price I still shouldn't be threatened on my own property. That's what cost them the spot.

Shit... after their experience with the owner of "the spot", I sincerely doubt they had any desire for do repeat business with you.

Pestilence
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Read the first line of the OP

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Oh mmy! So I rent a property to a Firework Vinder.....So we are getting a small discount these days..20%...That's beans!

either you need to clarify your posts or don't get so pissy when people take what you say, and use it to make a point against you.

sounds/reads like you damn well knew you were getting 20% and nothing more. even then... what the **** entitles you to more? are they not paying rent? doesn't the rent cover the cost of the use of the property?

oh wait... that is right. you are a greedy sonofabitch that feels entitled to the profits of other peoples labor... just because you own the property.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Shit... after their experience with the owner of "the spot", I sincerely doubt they had any desire for do repeat business with you.

You are delusional. When I sent back the check for this year it didn't take the owner long to show up in my office wanting to know what happened and if it could be fixed. They never told him what happened either. He wasn't happy.

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 08:38 PM
You are delusional. When I sent back the check for this year it didn't take the owner long to show up in my office wanting to know what happened and if it could be fixed. They never told him what happened either. He wasn't happy.

I bet he offered to suck you off and told you it would be ok to bang his 16 year old daughter too if you would just let him have "the spot" back.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Read the first line of the OP

Yeah I said 20% but I never agreed to that. For some reason they thought they could choose to make it less and less as the years went on. And then thier associates were to dumb to sell me hundreds of dollars of fireworks. And they threatened me.

pr_capone
07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah I said 20% but I never agreed to that. For some reason they thought they could choose to make it less and less as the years went on. And then thier associates were to dumb to sell me hundreds of dollars of fireworks. And they threatened me.

http://i.imgur.com/DcNP1.jpg

Bugeater
07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
So you never told him about the incident until he sent you the check for this year, and let him assume all was good when he could've been spending his time looking for another location?

Nooooo...you're not an asshole at all.

Dartgod
07-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm with Phil on this one. I don't get the pile on. :shrug:
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I bet he offered to suck you off and told you it would be ok to bang his 16 year old daughter too if you would just let him have "the spot" back.

No. We talked and he knew he was done. He accepted that and we shook hands. Then I expressed that there was always next year. At this point my new tenant was really clean and i'd just as soon keep that going so his chances are slim.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:54 PM
So you never told him about the incident until he sent you the check for this year, and let him assume all was good when he could've been spending his time looking for another location?

Nooooo...you're not an asshole at all.

I talked with what I believe was his wife on july 5th, the day after the deal went down.

philfree
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I get the initial response to my drunken rant but after that :spock:

Okie_Apparition
07-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Gladiator Round 1 match 33 Philfree vs The Madd Crapper

Bugeater
07-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I talked with what I believe was his wife on july 5th, the day after the deal went down.
So you never directly told the guy you weren't interested in renewing the deal next year. Got it.

philfree
07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
So you never directly told the guy you weren't interested in renewing the deal next year. Got it.

If his wife didn't tell him what happened then is that my fault? She works that business just as hard as he does. Probably harder. She's always the one that delivered the liablity insurance binder in person. Heck if after it was all said and done if she would have called me or called on me maybe we could have fixed it.

Bugeater
07-08-2011, 09:27 PM
If his wife didn't tell him what happened then is that my fault? She works that business just as hard as he does. Probably harder. She's always the one that delivered the liablity insurance binder in person. Heck if after it was all said and done if she would have called me or called on me maybe we could have fixed it.
So you did state at that time that you weren't interested in renting the property to them again this year?

philfree
07-08-2011, 09:43 PM
So you did state at that time that you weren't interested in renting the property to them again this year?

No. What i requested was for the person who threatened me to not be back on my property. They didn't make it happen. I let them do five more days of business and did not interfere. I saw the offending person back at the tent several times.( he ran to hide everytime I pulled in.) To me that meant that they didn't respect me or my property. So they knew but they didn't tell the big boss. I probably did him a favor letting him see how his peeps were messing him up.

kysirsoze
07-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too. They hadn't agreed on a rate and he was making the case that he should get a discount based on how much he was buying not just that it was his property. It seems like the real cause for the rant was the threat, which was uncalled for, at least as the story was told here.

Honestly, if it's late on the 4th, I imagine there's usually a lot of wheeling and dealing to dump inventory for a discounted rate since it's going to be worth a fraction of the price in just a few hours.

Pretty dumb rant in the OP, but it doesn't sound like he did anything that was that out of line.

kysirsoze
07-08-2011, 09:47 PM
No. What i requested was for the person who threatened me to not be back on my property. They didn't make it happen. I let them do five more days of business and did not interfere. I saw the offending person back at the tent several times.( he ran to hide everytime I pulled in.) To me that meant that they didn't respect me or my property. So they knew but they didn't tell the big boss. I probably did him a favor letting him see how his peeps were messing him up.

If I'd worked with the guy a bunch, I probably would've let him know just as a courtesy, but I don't know the entire nature of the relationship.

philfree
07-08-2011, 09:58 PM
If I'd worked with the guy a bunch, I probably would've let him know just as a courtesy, but I don't know the entire nature of the relationship.

Out of the 10 years we did business I never met the man. I originally did business with his son and then his wife. But as time went on the quality of the people who ran the tent went down the tubes. From what I've learnt since last year is that this is a re-occurring thing for them at this point. In the end I did leave the door open a little. So...

|Zach|
07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
This thread made him look like a drunken idiot last year and it still does today.

Even assholes like myself and pestilence and pr_copone see how mad dickish the whole situation is.

It is like being called a troll by T0m Cash. When it is that obvious then you were probably a giant douchebag mcgee.

philfree
07-08-2011, 10:10 PM
This thread made him look like a drunken idiot last year and it still does today.

Even assholes like myself and pestilence and pr_copone see how mad dickish the whole situation is.

It is like being called a troll by T0m Cash. When it is that obvious then you were probably a giant douchebag mcgee.

You seem to have it in for me.

As far as this thread goes you're just making shit up and talking out your lower case.

|Zach|
07-08-2011, 10:17 PM
You seem to have it in for me.

As far as this thread goes you're just making shit up and talking out your lower case.

Whatever makes you feel better...people on this thread read your words and pretty much everyone agrees you are a dick head.

The only time I saw someone adding stuff that wasn't actually part of the story was when you said he was probably packing heat. What a dipshit.

But hey...who cares...you are going off the grid right?

philfree
07-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Whatever makes you feel better...people on this thread read your words and pretty much everyone agrees you are a dick head.

The only time I saw someone adding stuff that wasn't actually part of the story was when you said he was probably packing heat. What a dipshit.

But hey...who cares...you are going off the grid right?

I wish I could go off the grid but I have to much responsibility. That said you're just full of shit and clinging to it.

I've just put you on the same burner as Red Clathon/

kysirsoze
07-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Jeez. There must be some personal vendettas being aired out in here cause I cannot see the cause for all the animosity. At worst the guy was being pushy and a little demanding. Apparently that translates to him being a total fucking waste of life asshole. Good thing we were all there to see this for ourselves.

philfree
07-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Jeez. There must be some personal vendettas being aired out in here cause I cannot see the cause for all the animosity. At worst the guy was being pushy and a little demanding. Apparently that translates to him being a total ****ing waste of life asshole. Good thing we were all there to see this for ourselves.

Thank you. I think you get it. :thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
07-08-2011, 11:11 PM
That's the truth, Truth!

Phobia
07-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Jeez. There must be some personal vendettas being aired out in here cause I cannot see the cause for all the animosity. At worst the guy was being pushy and a little demanding. Apparently that translates to him being a total ****ing waste of life asshole. Good thing we were all there to see this for ourselves.

I read it as "entitled" last year and see it the same this year. I like Phil, mostly because he has an amazing name but I've never had any problem with the guy. But I did think he came off dickish in this thread.

If you're looking for a discount for fireworks that's one thing. If you're basing it on the fact you own the property, then that's not right. I personally guarantee he's making 100x market value for the property during the 4th holiday season. He's not hurting. Spend some of that rent money. Let the proprietor earn some of it back.

philfree
07-09-2011, 01:25 AM
I read it as "entitled" last year and see it the same this year. I like Phil, mostly because he has an amazing name but I've never had any problem with the guy. But I did think he came off dickish in this thread.

If you're looking for a discount for fireworks that's one thing. If you're basing it on the fact you own the property, then that's not right. I personally guarantee he's making 100x market value for the property during the 4th holiday season. He's not hurting. Spend some of that rent money. Let the proprietor earn some of it back.

There is nobody getting rich off leasing property to a firecraker stand. In the beginning we never asked anyone to rent our space to sell fireworks. Because we have a great spot we were accosted to lease our property for others too sell sell their FWs. I'm sure they did that just to have a place to operate becuase no FW dealers ever make a penney.

LMAO

I D 10 Ts

Phobia
07-09-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm not saying you're getting rich. I'm saying you're renting it for 2 weeks for what it would fetch for any other 8 months out of the year. I'm saying that you're doing a whole lot better with fireworks there than you would renting it to Joe BBQ-stand for the rest of the year.

kysirsoze
07-09-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm not saying you're getting rich. I'm saying you're renting it for 2 weeks for what it would fetch for any other 8 months out of the year. I'm saying that you're doing a whole lot better with fireworks there than you would renting it to Joe BBQ-stand for the rest of the year.

Well if he's telling the truth about the deal he's getting now, then it sounds like what he was requesting before isn't entirely unreasonable. Plus, it also sounded like the bigger reason he though he should get a price break was because of the insane amount of money he spent on FWs there. Again, only speculating.

philfree
07-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Well if he's telling the truth

There is no "if". And that's my point of revisting this thread. The forum here will call somone a liar with no justification what so ever. As a first generation Planet member I find that disturbing.

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Well if he's telling the truth about the deal he's getting now, then it sounds like what he was requesting before isn't entirely unreasonable. Plus, it also sounded like the bigger reason he though he should get a price break was because of the insane amount of money he spent on FWs there. Again, only speculating.

He was already getting a discount. There was already an agreement and then we he got there drunk he pitched a bitch and starting getting mad at some girl because he didn't think it was enough of a discount...and his only reasoning was it was his land.

If there is an agreement on something and then you feel like it is unfair when you are drunk yelling at god knows who like a prick then post about it you are going to get just the responses you have seen here in this thread.

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 02:56 AM
There is no "if". And that's my point of revisting this thread. The forum here will call somone a liar with no justification what so ever. As a first generation Planet member I find that disturbing.

JFC.

philfree
07-09-2011, 03:12 AM
He was already getting a discount. There was already an agreement and then we he got there drunk he pitched a bitch and starting getting mad at some girl because he didn't think it was enough of a discount...and his only reasoning was it was his land.

If there is an agreement on something and then you feel like it is unfair when you are drunk yelling at god knows who like a prick then post about it you are going to get just the responses you have seen here in this thread.

You are obviously insane and a lying little bitch. You can't read or comprehend a damn thing. Take your camera and stick up your ass and take a bad pick of your piece of shit little heart.

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 03:45 AM
You are obviously insane and a lying little bitch. You can't read or comprehend a damn thing. Take your camera and stick up your ass and take a bad pick of your piece of shit little heart.

I am going to be honest with you right now. You are upgrading from yelling at women to trying to talk shit behind the safety of a keyboard.

Go have another drink.

take a bad pick of your piece of shit little heart.

I would also like to add I have no idea what this means. ROFL

kysirsoze
07-09-2011, 03:56 AM

He's stated several times that there was no agreement. The OP doesn't state an agreement but a precedent. He also made it clear that his reasoning at the very least included the immense amount of money he had already spent at that tent.

If he was drunkenly yelling or being a prick, then he probably deserved to be mistreated. However, barring testimony from the fireworks tent employees, I'll take his word for the fact that he was being relatively reasonable.

The main thing is, even if he was being a prick, I can't believe how much vitriol has been thrown around in this thread. Do you guys really care that much? (I know the same thing can be asked of me, but I guess I'm bored.)

|Zach|
07-09-2011, 04:06 AM
He's stated several times that there was no agreement. The OP doesn't state an agreement but a precedent. He also made it clear that his reasoning at the very least included the immense amount of money he had already spent at that tent.

If he was drunkenly yelling or being a prick, then he probably deserved to be mistreated. However, barring testimony from the fireworks tent employees, I'll take his word for the fact that he was being relatively reasonable.

The main thing is, even if he was being a prick, I can't believe how much vitriol has been thrown around in this thread. Do you guys really care that much? (I know the same thing can be asked of me, but I guess I'm bored.)

Well we all react different to things...

Me: You are a prick!

You: Steal the fireworks and let them prosecute!

bevischief
07-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Sell them your self next year.

Just Passin' By
07-09-2011, 11:37 AM

From reading the O.P., there was pretty clearly an agreement. He was getting 20% off, apparently as an unwritten 'bonus'. If he didn't feel that was good enough, he should have gotten that dealt with when he was getting the lease done. Instead, he behaved very poorly and posted about it, which led to him looking like a douche in the eyes of many here.