PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Iran blows. **** Iran.

Pages : [1] 2

Taco John
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Horrible story:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/07/05/iran.stoning/index.html?hpt=C1

talastan
07-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Shariah law in action. Get ready for it in Europe if this ridiculous PC BS doesn't stop .

blaise
07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
What a wonderful country.

FAX
07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Why anyone would wish to be governed by a regime straight out of the Second Century is beyond me. Islamic law (much of it, at least) is horrifically barbaric and brutal.

Although I have no first hand knowledge of it, I've been told that the Iranian people are, for the most part, intelligent, courageous, and progressive. It's unbelievable that they live under these conditions. So much hate. So much fear.

FAX

blaise
07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Shariah law in action. Get ready for it in Europe if this ridiculous PC BS doesn't stop .

All racists and xenophobes like you will shall be stoned to death for your intolerance. You just don't understand the nuances of their culture. Intolerance of their culture is a far worse crime than stoning.

Ebolapox
07-06-2010, 09:52 AM
what the fuck is wrong with people?!?

Old Dog
07-06-2010, 09:54 AM
In your title how did you fit, "We oughta send a handfull of nukes over and wipe out" in just four little asterisks?

talastan
07-06-2010, 09:54 AM
All racists and xenophobes like you will shall be stoned to death for your intolerance. You just don't understand the nuances of their culture. Intolerance of their culture is a far worse crime than stoning.

Thanks for the compliment blaise!! :D

Bill Parcells
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Direckshun fully supports stoning of women and children. it's all Israel's fault damnit! :cuss:

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Direckshun fully supports stoning of women and children. it's all Israel's fault damnit! :cuss:

Saffron for Burma!

:jester:

petegz28
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty speechless about it. Where in the UN? I guess if it isn't Israel then they can just pretend this stuff doesn't happen?

Not sure what we can do about it if anything? But if this were to go through Obama needs to use it as ammo to step up sanctions and such against Iran.

petegz28
07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Why anyone would wish to be governed by a regime straight out of the Second Century is beyond me. Islamic law (much of it, at least) is horrifically barbaric and brutal.

Although I have no first hand knowledge of it, I've been told that the Iranian people are, for the most part, intelligent, courageous, and progressive. It's unbelievable that they live under these conditions. So much hate. So much fear.

FAX

Now, now, Islam is the religion of peace.

blaise
07-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I noticed they didn't mention that they were stoning the guy she supposedly slept with to death.

Taco John
07-06-2010, 10:03 AM
In your title how did you fit, "We oughta send a handfull of nukes over and wipe out" in just four little asterisks?

I don't want to nuke them. I want them to live in the culture that they've created until they finally get enough of a backbone to fight back. If their freedom is worth it, they'll put their own lives on the line to fight for it.

Bill Parcells
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't want to nuke them. I want them to live in the culture that they've created until they finally get enough of a backbone to fight back. If their freedom is worth it, they'll put their own lives on the line to fight for it.

Just like ancient ancient Rome with the Praetorian guards. they have a million of these Revolutionary guard dudes that are maniacal and loyal to the death for the ayatollahs. they will never win unless a ''good ayatollah'' comes along..lol

petegz28
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM

That's about it in a nutshell. We had to do it in our country. Several times at that. The problem is, despite political popularity and media frenzied headlines, protests don't stop a regime such as the one in Iran.

Warrior5
07-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I could be wrong, but wasn't Iran just appointed to the UN Council on Women's Rights?

ForeverChiefs58
07-06-2010, 10:13 AM

don't forget buckeye and that yellowish orange with his portrait avatar. :shake:

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
In other news, B.O. wants NASA to "outreach" to muslims ROFL

Former NASA chief: Muslim outreach is ‘perversion’ of NASA’s mission
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
07/06/10 11:55 AM EDT

Michael Griffin, who headed NASA during the last four years of the Bush administration, says the space agency’s new goal to improve relations with the Islamic world and boost Muslim self-esteem is a “perversion” of NASA’s original mission to explore space. “NASA was chartered by the 1958 Space Act to develop the arts and sciences of flight in the atmosphere and in space and to go where those technologies will allow us to go,” Griffin says. “That’s what NASA does for the country. It is a perversion of NASA’s purpose to conduct activities in order to make the Muslim world feel good about its contributions to science and mathematics.”

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/former-nasa-chief-muslim-outreach-is-perversion-of-nasas-mission-97858404.html#ixzz0sv4q0JWv

petegz28
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
In other news, B.O. wants NASA to "outreach" to muslims ROFL

Former NASA chief: Muslim outreach is ‘perversion’ of NASA’s mission
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
07/06/10 11:55 AM EDT

Michael Griffin, who headed NASA during the last four years of the Bush administration, says the space agency’s new goal to improve relations with the Islamic world and boost Muslim self-esteem is a “perversion” of NASA’s original mission to explore space. “NASA was chartered by the 1958 Space Act to develop the arts and sciences of flight in the atmosphere and in space and to go where those technologies will allow us to go,” Griffin says. “That’s what NASA does for the country. It is a perversion of NASA’s purpose to conduct activities in order to make the Muslim world feel good about its contributions to science and mathematics.”

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/former-nasa-chief-muslim-outreach-is-perversion-of-nasas-mission-97858404.html#ixzz0sv4q0JWv

Obama is a fucking idiot. First NASA was supposed to switch to monitoring global warming and now this??? :facepalm:

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Obama is a ****ing idiot.

Maybe NASA can start it's "outreach" by putting out a public statement DO NOT STONE THIS WOMAN TO DEATH YOU FRIGGIN' BARBARIANS.

I don't think B.O. would go for it, though.

petegz28
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Maybe NASA can start it's "outreach" by putting out a public statement DO NOT STONE THIS WOMAN TO DEATH YOU FRIGGIN' BARBARIANS.

I don't think B.O. would go for it, though.

Well sure. Iran is stoning this woman out of low self-esteem and lack of inclusion in the global society. And it's all our fault.

HonestChieffan
07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
More and more Islam and sharia law are creeping like a disease into the western countries with no balls to say no. Britain, France, and even the US demonstrate no will to stop these cave dwellers.

Human behavior is pretty interesting stuff. Just as you see the radical islamists seem to have total control over the people who are supposed to be semi bright, you see the same blind following of Obama in our own country.

For a President of the US to allow our borders to be riddled by illegals and to do zero is bad. Worse when a state has to take steps only to be sued by the very President sworn to protect the country. All for political gain using our country, our citizens and our security as a pawn in game he seems to be playing. Its not politics to those in danger.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Fucking savages.

chiefsnorth
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Saffron for Burma!

:jester:

Yes - if only more people typed in colored fonts. We could save the world.

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes - if only more people typed in colored fonts. We could save the world.

ROFL

Brock
07-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Surely the courageous Iranian people will never allow this.

Donger
07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
How nice. One foot firmly planted in the 14th century and the other trying to step into the 20th.

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
How nice. One foot firmly planted in the 14th century and the other trying to step into the 20th.

And both hands soon to be firmly around a live nuke.

Oucho Cinco
07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Where is the outrage from the U.S. and the president?

blaise
07-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Surely the courageous Iranian people will never allow this.

Hope.

Donger
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM

Obama is a little busy scolding Bibi right now. He'll get to it later.

ForeverChiefs58
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM

The foot in the 14th century isn't trying to walk forward; instead, doing an obvious tribute to michael jackson, is doing a moonwalking taking the foot in the 20th century and sliding it backwards into the 14th century.
They just need to realize that unlike his music, michael jackson is dead, and so are they if they keep doing the dance all wrong.

:spock::doh!::)ROFL

Oucho Cinco
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
:)Obama is a little busy scolding Bibi right now. He'll get to it later. that will be when hell freezes over??? :)

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Obama is a little busy scolding Bibi right now. He'll get to it later.

As soon as she's dead.

ClevelandBronco
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Most of us here are supporters of capital punishment in the U.S., right?

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 02:06 PM

Not for adultery, no.

patteeu
07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Obama should speak to the Iranians without precondition over this.

Iowanian
07-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Red for Iranian Culture!

blaise
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Obama should speak to the Iranians without precondition over this.

He would like to apologize, on behalf of the American people, for our arrogance. That is all.

ClevelandBronco
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Not for adultery, no.

Are you okay with capital punishment as long as it's used for what we use it for?

The Mad Crapper
07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Are you okay with capital punishment as long as it's used for what we use it for?

Murder and rape, sure.

I think pedophiles should ride the lightning as well.

BucEyedPea
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Many of those who live there....particularly men I presume.

FAX

The day I left Egypt to fly home, I was delayed in Cairo and met an American woman coming from Saudi Arabia who said there was a stoning of a woman that day—because she married an Englishman when he traveled out of the country. She returned to visit her family and that's when they got her. However, their law allows the family to stop the stoning if they desire....but they didn't. Very sad story.

Saul Good
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM

I'm not really for it nor against it. If I had to pick a side, I guess I'm for it, but it's not a strong position.

Hog Farmer
07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
When I was little my brother pissed me off and I hit him right between the eyes with a rock from about 50 feet away and I'm not even Muslim.

Jenson71
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM

This is the part where liberals warn about the evils of a theocracy, like what Republicans are trying to establish in America.

Oucho Cinco
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
When I was little my brother pissed me off and I hit him right between the eyes with a rock from about 50 feet away and I'm not even Muslim.Wanna be? Let me tell you about allah.

Mohammed
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
How do they keep getting this wrong? I meant that if somebody is being evil you should try to get them baked so they can just chill for a bit. "Let cooler heads prevail", you know? Now they just keep throwing rocks at each other. Stupid bastards. They need another flood. Big time.

Taco John
07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
How do they keep getting this wrong? I meant that if somebody is being evil you should try to get them baked so they can just chill for a bit. "Let cooler heads prevail", you know? Now they just keep throwing rocks at each other. Stupid bastards. They need another flood. Big time.

Everybody knows it's you Sprayer

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 05:26 AM
This is the part where liberals warn about the evils of a theocracy, like what Republicans are trying to establish in America.

LMAO

What an idiot you are.

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Everybody knows it's you Sprayer

I do not have multiple user names.

InChiefsHell
07-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Mostafaei said he could not understand how such a savage method of death could exist in the year 2010 or how an innocent woman could be taken from her son and daughter, who have written to the court pleading for their mother's life.

Mr. Mostafaei must not have been paying much attention...these freaks have been doing this for centuries...but we will "extend a helping hand...if they would just unclench their fist"...

Iowanian
07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure why the world expects more from a culture that still wipes their asses with their hands.

Brown for Iran

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure why the world expects more from a culture that still wipes their asses with their hands.

LMAO

Dallas Chief
07-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Link??? :p

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Brown for Iran

Lavender for Kagan!

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM

This guy had 100 times more backbone with nothing in his hand than you will ever have with a machine gun in yours. So STFU!!

http://www.img98.com/images/zei9ofmo1bvisqpvhbw.jpg

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Now, now, Islam is the religion of peace.

It's never the Religion. It's the practitioners' bastardization of it. Remember how Christianity was "the religion of peace" a few centuries ago?

Taco John
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Don't know why you're upset with me. I'm not the one saying we should nuke the place. I'm saying that the place should take care of their own problems. It's not my fault that Iranians have allowed themselves to become a cultural shit hole. And it's not up to me (or our nation) to fix the problem. It's up to them.

blaise
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Post in green for the heroes that stone women to death.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Just like ancient ancient Rome with the Praetorian guards. they have a million of these Revolutionary guard dudes that are maniacal and loyal to the death for the ayatollahs. they will never win unless a ''good ayatollah'' comes along..lol

Or unless Russia, China and the West quit giving lip service to the "cause of freedom" while selling anti people technology to the regime.

Taco John
07-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Or unless Russia, China and the West quit giving lip service to the "cause of freedom" while selling anti people technology to the regime.

Speaking of lip service, where is your meaningless "Support Iran" avatar?

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

??? translation please???

blaise
07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Oh my God, it's like I actually am throwing the stone at the woman myself! NOOOOOOOO!

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:40 PM
That's about it in a nutshell. We had to do it in our country. Several times at that. The problem is, despite political popularity and media frenzied headlines, protests don't stop a regime such as the one in Iran.

Yeah you had to fight the religion-crazed British regime living here and lording over the people of continent with their total superiority! :rolleyes:

Please do not compare a musket vs. musket confrontation with tanks+guns+western technology VS NOTHING!!!! The odds are a little different.

Brock
07-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah you had to fight the religion-crazed British regime living here and lording over the people of continent with their total superiority! :rolleyes:

Please do not compare a musket vs. musket confrontation with tanks+guns+western technology VS NOTHING!!!!

Did they have a lot of guns when they got rid of the Shah?

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Agreed.

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 12:46 PM

and the shah had the usa with all our western technology backing it

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Did they have a lot of tanks when they got rid of the Shah?

Taco John
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM

Fuck that. Where is the outrage from the Iranian people?

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Red for Iranian Culture!

Fail. A country's culture is within it's people, not their ruling regime.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
He would like to apologize, on behalf of the American people, for our arrogance. That is all.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Agreed.

yes, i've seen him give so much more attention to what arizona is doing when he should be speaking out and letting the people in iran that are good know that we are behind them making a change. i see nothing wrong with that at all we are against their gov. so it should make sense.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Is that untrue?

mlyonsd
07-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Fail. A country's culture is within it's people, not their ruling regime.

Absolutely true. And at this current point in time it appears there are more people in Iran that side with the ruling regime then not.

blaise
07-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Is that untrue?

OH NOES! THE REPUBLICANS ARE TURNING THE COUNTRY INTO A DANGEROUS RELIGIOUS NIGHTMARE!

Frankie
07-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Mr. Mostafaei must not have been paying much attention...these freaks have been doing this for centuries...but we will "extend a helping hand...if they would just unclench their fist"...

To be fair, this stuff are decided by local/rural courts that are more prone to the practice of the radical religion. The central regime's guilt is in not discouraging it.

blaise
07-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Well they certainly seem they're ready for nuclear weapons. Then they can just bomb women.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM

Brown for Iran

We discussed this before. If you remember I pointed out that it's the difference between washing your ass with water and washing your hand with soap afterward vs wiping your ass with thin paper and not washing your hand. I'm not sure which is better, but if you wanna keep posting idiotic posts be my guest.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Is it too late to unretire, Frankie? Too much time in this place could be hazardous to your health.

mlyonsd
We discussed this before. If you remember I pointed out that it's the difference between washing your ass with water and washing your hand with soap afterward vs wiping your ass with thin paper and not washing your hand. I'm not sure which is better, but if you wanna keep posting idiotic posts be my guest.

This has got to be one of the top 10 posts of all time. Seriously.

Dave Lane

FAX

This is what scares the crap out of me for religious types. The nutjobs if they could get in power would be happy to do this here.

Saul Good
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
This is what scares the crap out of me for religious types. The nutjobs if they could get in power would be happy to do this here.
You're onto us. Being against ripping apart the brains of babies in the womb = burying rape victims before bashing theirs heads in. Nice work Colombo.

Donger
07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I read that the Brits have condemned this. Any word from Barack Hussein yet?

blaise
07-08-2010, 01:34 PM

He would but he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Taco John
07-08-2010, 01:36 PM

I've used paper all my life, AND soap and water.

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 01:37 PM

he is too busy suing arizona

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 01:38 PM
but...but...they are the reason we have nasa

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Don't know why you're upset with me. I'm not the one saying we should nuke the place. I'm saying that the place should take care of their own problems. It's not my fault that Iranians have allowed themselves to become a cultural shit hole. And it's not up to me (or our nation) to fix the problem. It's up to them.

You accused a very brave people of not having backbone. I think last year you saw how much backbone Iranian men and women had.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Speaking of lip service, where is your meaningless "Support Iran" avatar?

Did I ever have one?

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 01:52 PM
You accused a very brave people of not having backbone. I think last year you saw how much backbone Iranian men and women had.

they need our help, quick lets bomb and overthrow their gov.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
??? translation please???

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/13/europe39s-telecoms-aid-with-spy-tech/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7782/is_5_39/ai_n35461597/

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/13/euro-telecom-building-irans-wiretap-capabilities/http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/13/euro-telecom-building-irans-wiretap-capabilities/

These are only some examples. This kind shit has been ongoing for decades.

blaise
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I like how, in a story about a woman getting stoned to death, Frankie is most upset that people are being unfair toward Iran.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM

No, but look what happened. Plus the Shah was not backed by God and religion to justify ANY atrocity he pleased.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/13/europe39s-telecoms-aid-with-spy-tech/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7782/is_5_39/ai_n35461597/

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/13/euro-telecom-building-irans-wiretap-capabilities/http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/13/euro-telecom-building-irans-wiretap-capabilities/

These are only some examples. This kind shit has been ongoing for decades.

Interesting how the absence of a little word like "of" can turn intended meaning inside out.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
and the shah had the usa with all our western technology backing it

ROFL. No offense, but you are so politically naive.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
**** that. Where is the outrage from the Iranian people?

You didn't see the picture I posted, did you?

blaise
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
I just hope this stoning doesn't cause the US to make the Iranians feel badly about themselves. That would be the true tragedy.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Absolutely true. And at this current point in time it appears there are more people in Iran that side with the ruling regime then not.

OK let me correct myself a bit. The culture of a country lies with its people of at least some education. I don't know numerically who outnumbers who at the moment in Iran. But there ARE those who like the government because they think it holds up "their religion" for them. Much like the same here who loved Bush, if for nothing else, for propping up fundamentalism.

Back to Iran, those folks are more concentrated in the rural areas who think this stuff is God's will as long as some local mullah rules them. Among the many Basijis who saw fit to club and slice the protesters last year were a bunch of those folks recruited from rural areas who were convinced they were doing God's work. That IS unfortunate, but given a chance they could be educated.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Is it too late to unretire, Frankie? Too much time in this place could be hazardous to your health.

LOL. Actually you are not wrong. I do find myself more lacking of stamina when it comes to arguing with some posters here. I's like I just want to bang my head on the wall. Recently I have taken to just leaving the discussion when I give up on the opponent's willingness to comprehend.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:14 PM

BINf***ingGO

Give this man the grand prize.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I've used paper all my life, AND soap and water.

Believe me. I've seen bathroom habits of co-workers. You are the minority.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I like how, in a story about a woman getting stoned to death, Frankie is most upset that people are being unfair toward Iran.

No. Try to understand. I say it slowly:
I
get
upset
that
some
posters
accuse
IRANIAN
people
of
approving
this.

mlyonsd
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Please don't tell us you used to work in the restaurant business.

Taco John
07-08-2010, 02:24 PM

Meh. I don't care Frankie. I really don't. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I made a statement that they have to fight for their own freedom. That's going to take more than a couple of brave people. That's going to take a society of them.

This is not my fight, this is theirs. If you have a stake, then you should be over there having a stake. Otherwise, you should just shut up about it. Posting pictures of brave patriots while you are safe over here is hardly impressive.

Like I said, I don't favor nuking Iran. I favor letting Iranians work out their problems for themselves. If this isn't good enough for you, then you'll have to Twitter and Facebook and post on forums about it. Whatever you do, don't go over there and be a part of the solution. Don't do anything yourself to show any backbone. As you can see from your image, it's a dangerous business. It's certainly not my business, and apparently it isn't yours either. So what are we talking about here...

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Meh. I don't care Frankie. I really don't. I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I made a statement that they have to fight for their own freedom. That's going to take more than a couple of brave people. That's going to take a society of them.

This is not my fight, this is theirs. If you have a stake, then you should be over there having a stake. Otherwise, you should just shut up about it. Posting pictures of brave patriots while you are safe over here is hardly impressive.

Like I said, I don't favor nuking Iran. I favor letting Iranians work out their problems for themselves. If this isn't good enough for you, then you'll have to Twitter and Facebook and post on forums about it. Whatever you do, don't go over there and be a part of the solution. Don't do anything yourself to show any backbone. As you can see from your image, it's a dangerous business. It's certainly not my business, and apparently it isn't yours either. So what are we talking about here...

:clap::clap: that post has so much awesome in it!

blaise
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
No. Try to understand. I say it slowly:
I
get
upset
that
some
posters
accuse
IRANIAN
people
of
approving
this.

I understand that you get upset about that. I also notice that you don't seem very upset that the actual stoning is taking place. There's no fretting from you that stoning are taking place, there's just fretting that people are mischaracterizing the Iranian people. I think that says something.
Do you need me to say that more slowly, sport?

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Please don't tell us you used to work in the restaurant business.

No. These are mostly engineers.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Like I said, I don't favor nuking Iran. I favor letting Iranians work out their problems for themselves.

AGAIN. I did not object to this notion. I objected to you calling some very brave people "without backbone." And you are right I myself do not have THEIR backbone. That's why you will NEVER catch me calling them what you did.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I understand that you get upset about that. I also notice that you don't seem very upset that the actual stoning is taking place. There's no fretting from you that stoning are taking place, there's just fretting that people are mischaracterizing the Iranian people. I think that says something.
Do you need me to say that more slowly, sport?
Just because I have not jumped in to condemn does not mean I'm not upset. But we get news of hangings and other stuff daily. Nothing new to me. I just chose to challenge the notion in a thread called "Iran blows. **** Iran," which to me includes the Iranian people and their culture also.

blaise
07-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Just because I have not jumped in to condemn does not mean I'm not upset. But we get news of hangings and other stuff daily. Nothing new to me. I just chose to challenge the notion in a thread called "Iran blows. **** Iran," which to me includes the Iranian people and their culture also.

well, just a tip, people may be more receptive to your words if you first acknowldeged the fact that this is a despicable act and a problem for Iran.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 03:25 PM
well, just a tip, people may be more receptive to your words if you first acknowldeged the fact that this is a despicable act and a problem for Iran.

Don't need to. The act underlines it by itself. I just objected to the generality by which a lot of posters posted here. THAT needed underlining.

Iowanian
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM

pink for iran

Iowanian
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM

MeatPeeker ali.

I'll defer to the numerous first hand reports of hand to ass and wiping it in the sand, or swishing it quickly in a bucket of water everyone else has dipped their turd stained hand into that year.

Iranians obviously didn't have as much backbone as 1770's Americans.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I'll defer to the numerous first hand reports of hand to ass and wiping it in the sand, or swishing it quickly in a bucket of water everyone else has dipped their turd stained hand into that year.

You must be Fox News. Only they have such an embedded reporter inside Iran.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

That's a rather anti-Jeffersonian point of view. We're usually taught here that government can become destructive of the God-given rights of the people. That teaching seems to mean that the people and the government must be separate entities (despite Lincoln's mashed potato approach that gave us the government of the people, by the people and for the people — as if it were all one dish).

Iowanian
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
You must be Fox News. Only they have such an embedded reporter inside Iran.

Or 25 soldiers and Marines, 2 former roommates who work all over the world in engineering....

blaise
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't need to. The act underlines it by itself. I just objected to the generality by which a lot of posters posted here. THAT needed underlining.

Like I said, it's telling what you find so objectionable. You could have gotten your point across that Iranian people are being unfairly generalized by using a few words to acknowledge that you, yourself being of Iranian descent (I believe) object to the stoning and acknowledge problems in Iran. Instead you effect no change and come across as a person seemingly not that bothered by a woman being stoned to death, but more bothered that Iran is being somehow victimized. It's a rather ineffectual way of getting what you want. So, keep saying you "don't need to" if it makes you feel better, but just understand you're accomplishing far less with your approach than you would by making a point to note the backwards and descicable nature of stoning a woman to death for alleged infidelity.
Good luck with your crusade to let us all know we're being so unfair to Iran. You're spitting in the wind.

Taco John
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
AGAIN. I did not object to this notion. I objected to you calling some very brave people "without backbone."

You're an idiot.

I didn't call any brave people "without backbone." I called the computer screen cowards "without backbone."

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Like I said, it's telling what you find so objectionable. You could have gotten your point across that Iranian people are being unfairly generalized by using a few words to acknowledge that you, yourself being of Iranian descent (I believe) object to the stoning and acknowledge problems in Iran. Instead you effect no change and come across as a person seemingly not that bothered by a woman being stoned to death, but more bothered that Iran is being somehow victimized. It's a rather ineffectual way of getting what you want. So, keep saying you "don't need to" if it makes you feel better, but just understand you're accomplishing far less with your approach than you would by making a point to note the backwards and descicable nature of stoning a woman to death for alleged infidelity.
Good luck with your crusade to let us all know we're being so unfair to Iran. You're spitting in the wind.

weird. president of iran does the same thing as frankie

Frankie
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Or 25 soldiers and Marines, 2 former roommates who work all over the world in engineering....

And all of these are all embedded IN Iran. Wow!!

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 05:38 PM

where is proof you are embeded IN IRAN.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Whatever.

If you had involved yourself in the very long and prominent thread of a year ago you would know that I would not have to prove my concerns to you.

Frankie
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
where is proof you are embeded IN IRAN.

I will let that one go. :D

Direckshun
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't feel like I need to address the ridiculous aspersions that are being heaped upon the Iranian people after an undemocratic religious dictator that they're fighting imposes a North Korea-like police state.

All I can say is what I've always said. My heart is with the Iranian people during this terrible time, and I hope they continue to literally fight the good fight.

This oppression cannot continue for long. The people are too strong and have far too much going for them.

vailpass
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't feel like I need to address the ridiculous aspersions that are being heaped upon the Iranian people after an undemocratic religious dictator that they're fighting imposes a North Korea-like police state.

All I can say is what I've always said. My heart is with the Iranian people during this terrible time, and I hope they continue to literally fight the good fight.

This oppression cannot continue for long. The people are too strong and have far too much going for them.

ROFL Tool alert.

Donger
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
"Iran blows. **** Iran," which to me includes the Iranian people and their culture also.

Oh horseshit it does, Frankie. It only does if you want it to.

Donger
07-08-2010, 05:56 PM

Huh? Are you under the impression that the people didn't want the Iranian Revolution?

Direckshun
07-08-2010, 05:57 PM

Honestly, there's a pretty big base of support for stuff like this. It's not going to be a majority or anything, but there's a good chance about a third of the country supports this.

I'm not sure why, other than these people were Ahmadinejad supporters because his "party" was regarded as the religious and ultra-conservative hardliners, and there will always be a degree of popular support for really oppressive and religious measures like this in desperate countries. That isn't politics, it's psychology.

And Iran, while doing better than most in the region, is still very much a desperate country.

Iowanian
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM

You aren't embedded in Iran right now stink fingers.

Donger
07-08-2010, 06:24 PM

And, I'm going from memory here, but I could swear that the Iranians had a referendum on whether or not to create an Islamic state after the Shah was removed.

It passed with 90% approval (or something similar).

So, I don't see what you find "undemocratic" about Iran at all. The Iranian people approved becoming an Islamic state, overwhelmingly. Did they think they were voting for something else?

blaise
07-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Whatever.

If you had involved yourself in the very long and prominent thread of a year ago you would know that I would not have to prove my concerns to you.

You won't prove anything to me one way or the other. I just think it's strange that you can go through page after page without ever actually addressing the woman being stoned to death as a punishment.
A woman is getting stoned to death for infidelity.
You: "Stop being unfair to Iranians!"
And it's funny how indignant you get over unfair generalizations. You've made statements here many times that righties do this or that, and make generalizations about conservatives based on some news story. It's not so much generalizations that seem to bother you, just generalizations about Iranians.

blaise
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
weird. president of iran does the same thing as frankie

It's funny, I was thinking something similar. Something goes on in a country you care about and the reaction isn't, "What a terrible thing, I hope they can correct these problems and move on," it's "Stop saying bad things about Iran!"

It's telling, really.

Taco John
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM

It's good to see like you feel like you need to stuff a straw man to burn. I love hot aired pinkos who think they're above it all because they care about the little people. But more than that, I love the big people who put themselves out there and do something about it other than talk. Frankie accused me of calling the big people spineless. I found that amusing. He used one of the strong, able and willing people as a shield for his own cowardice. I see you're familiar with this game too.

You protect the innocent people of Iran from our aspersions. Our so-called aspersions count about as much as your pretend benevolence: zero.

More to the point, the people of Iran don't need protection from our "aspirations." They need protection from the culture that they've created for themselves. And they are the only ones who can truly provide it.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:25 AM
ROFL Tool alert.

Maybe YOU are being the tool. The tool for bigoted and uninformed segment of our fellow posters.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh horseshit it does, Frankie. It only does if you want it to.

England blows. **** England.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Huh? Are you under the impression that the people didn't want the Iranian Revolution?

A revolution is always a coalition of otherwise disagreeing factions against a singular ruling entity. A common enemy if you will. If it is successful it's then subject to which faction is the most ruthless or powerful who devours others and establishes its own rule. there's never a guarantee that the populace friendly among those factions will win out. It's always a gamble brought about by desperation of people who embrace anything but their current despot at first.

You are welcome. My reward for giving you this history/sociology lesson is only to see that you won't post ill-informed comments anymore.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Honestly, there's a pretty big base of support for stuff like this. It's not going to be a majority or anything, but there's a good chance about a third of the country supports this.

I'm not sure why, other than these people were Ahmadinejad supporters because his "party" was regarded as the religious and ultra-conservative hardliners, and there will always be a degree of popular support for really oppressive and religious measures like this in desperate countries. That isn't politics, it's psychology.

And Iran, while doing better than most in the region, is still very much a desperate country.

Very nicely put. I wish there were more posters here willing to open their mind.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
You aren't embedded in Iran right now stink fingers.

I have a lot more sources of information about the goings on in Iran compared to your imaginary sources. But hey, as long as you get your kicks out of verbally dragging a lot of people worthier than yourself through shit, continue to make yourself feel good. just like when you put your booger in your mouth.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
You won't prove anything to me one way or the other. I just think it's strange that you can go through page after page without ever actually addressing the woman being stoned to death as a punishment.
A woman is getting stoned to death for infidelity.
You: "Stop being unfair to Iranians!"
And it's funny how indignant you get over unfair generalizations. You've made statements here many times that righties do this or that, and make generalizations about conservatives based on some news story. It's not so much generalizations that seem to bother you, just generalizations about Iranians.

Frankie: It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness.

blaise: But you didn't address it.

Frankie: It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness. I'm adressing what is not self-addressing in this thread.

Frankie: Dammit! It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness.

Frankie: LOOK! READ MY LIPS. It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness. :banghead:

Frankie: OK. I'm tapped out. I'm outa here....

blaise: Wait,... wait.... you didn't address it.

blaise
07-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Frankie: It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness.

Frankie: It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness. I'm adressing what is not self-addressing in this thread.

Frankie: Dammit! It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness.

Frankie: LOOK! READ MY LIPS. It's self-addressing in it's own heinousness. :banghead:

Frankie: OK. I'm tapped out. I'm outa here....

blaise: Wait,... wait.... you didn't address it.

In other words, you didn't address it. So, for instance, if the President of Iran were to make a statement today you would rather he address all the bigots of the world and tell them to stop being unfair to Iran and not tell the world anything about the stoning.

Donger
07-09-2010, 05:20 AM

I agree. Full of socialists.

Donger
07-09-2010, 05:23 AM
A revolution is always a coalition of otherwise disagreeing factions against a singular ruling entity. A common enemy if you will. If it is successful it's then subject to which faction is the most ruthless or powerful who devours others and establishes its own rule. there's never a guarantee that the populace friendly among those factions will win out. It's always a gamble brought about by desperation of people who embrace anything but their current despot at first.

You are welcome. My reward for giving you this history/sociology lesson is only to see that you won't post ill-informed comments anymore.

Heh. And the referendum where the Iranian people voted to become an Islamic State?

As to your attempt at a lesson, I could have sworn that we had a revolution a while back against a monarchy. We turned out just fine.

patteeu
07-09-2010, 07:19 AM

This comment would be appropriate for a health care thread, not a stoned-to-death-for-adultery thread.

Duck Dog
07-09-2010, 08:23 AM

Really? ROFL

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 09:10 AM
right now, iran is a bunch of barbaric liars that is stuck in the wrong century and if they keep it up will be blown right back to that century. god willing of course

Iowanian
07-09-2010, 09:40 AM
All I ask is that you wash your hands before you refill the slurpy cups, please.

I have a lot more sources of information about the goings on in Iran compared to your imaginary sources. But hey, as long as you get your kicks out of verbally dragging a lot of people worthier than yourself through shit, continue to make yourself feel good. just like when you put your booger in your mouth.

Meanwhile, your great and reviled people are bashing in the heads of women buried up to their necks with stones small enough to hurt and big enough to eventually kill.

yeah....we should all aspire to be as culturally advanced as Persians.

Taco John
07-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Just a quick thread update to keep people informed of what's happening:

I just hit the head, used paper, and washed my hands with both soap and water.

Taco John
07-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Also this:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/08/iranian-mother-stoned-face-execution-irans-embassy-uk-says/

blaise
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Also this:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/08/iranian-mother-stoned-face-execution-irans-embassy-uk-says/

STOP BEING UNFAIR TO IRAN! Who cares about woman getting stoned to death or merely executed? Better 500 woman be stoned to death than one Iranian be unfairly judged on an internet message board.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:20 PM
In other words, you didn't address it. So, for instance, if the President of Iran were to make a statement today you would rather he address all the bigots of the world and tell them to stop being unfair to Iran and not tell the world anything about the stoning.
:rolleyes:
See the post you just replied to.
:shake:

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree. Full of socialists.

But does that mean that your family and the likes are included in my comment?

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
As to your attempt at a lesson, I could have sworn that we had a revolution a while back against a monarchy. We turned out just fine.

I have always excluded the American revolution in this debate and on this very forum as well. The American revolution stands the exception in that it was conducted half a world away without the monarchy being immediately ready and equipped to smash it with full force. Even at that it was still musket vs. musket. Not the latest surveillance and weapons tech vs. twitters. As I said any attempt to compare the American revolution to the situation in Iran is either desperate debating or a very naive one. Take your pick.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
This comment would be appropriate for a health care thread, not a stoned-to-death-for-adultery thread.

this was NOT a get-even comment. It was an attempt for Donger to sense at least in a very minute way how generalization of insult feels.

Brock
07-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I have always excluded the American revolution in this debate and on this very forum as well. The American revolution stands the exception in that it was conducted half a world away without the monarchy being immediately ready and equipped to smash it with full force. Even at that it was still musket vs. musket. Not the latest surveillance and weapons tech vs. twitters. As I said any attempt to compare the American revolution to the situation in Iran is either desperate debating or a very naive one. Take your pick.

You also seem to exclude the Iranian revolution for some reason.

blaise
07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
:rolleyes:
See the post you just replied to.
:shake:

So, Iran is still executing that woman, huh?

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 01:13 PM
maybe frankie should tell his moderate comrades that they better get their shit together before we have to come over there and turn iran into a giant sheet of glass.

Calcountry
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM

Brown for IranROFLMFAO!!!

Calcountry
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
We discussed this before. If you remember I pointed out that it's the difference between washing your ass with water and washing your hand with soap afterward vs wiping your ass with thin paper and not washing your hand. I'm not sure which is better, but if you wanna keep posting idiotic posts be my guest.Perhaps they like the feel of their fingers in their asses?

Calcountry
07-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I read that the Brits have condemned this. Any word from Barack Hussein yet?I think he is waiting for his Senior advisors to come to a consensus opinion. It shouldn't take more than a month or two.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
i heard codoleezza rice has spoke out against it. that's more than frankie and direckshun have done. if only they could be more like her. :shake:

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 02:14 PM
i heard codoleezza rice has spoke out against it. that's more than frankie and direckshun have done. if only they could be more like her. :shake:

It's none of her business. We don't rule the world. We don't want them ruling ours either.

Gawd you're a hopeless busybody neocon. You think we rule the world. Just because a culture is backwards, like the west once was, doesn't make it our business. You should join the progressives. Oh wait, you are....you're a liberal hawk.

Donger
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
But does that mean that your family and the likes are included in my comment?

The socialist ones? Sure.

Donger
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM

They had Twitter in 1979? THAT is what I'm referring to, Frankie. The Iranian people WANTED an Islamic state and that's precisely what they got.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
It's none of her business. We don't rule the world. We don't want them ruling ours either.

Gawd you're a hopeless busybody neocon. You think we rule the world. Just because a culture is backwards, like the west once was, doesn't make it our business. You should join the progressives. Oh wait, you are....you're a liberal hawk.

:spock:
i guess when your head is so far up your own ass you can't comprehend a conversation. frankie and direckshun are the ones that speak out against anyone talking about iran and terrorists.
Gawd you're a hopeless busybody neocon.
and you are a little antisemite, american traitor, terrorist sypathizing asshole with a sandy vagina.

do you even remember 9-11? it becomes our business when terrorists can't refrain themselves from coming over here and killing innocent people we wouldn't have to go over there and give them a preemptive ass kicking they deserve including taking out the number one supporters of terrorism besides yourself of course.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
you're a liberal hawk.

uh..nope don't think so, but what would that make you, a finch?

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
You're a neo con...by the belligerent tone of your posts and what you post regarding interfering in the internal affairs of other nations. You'd make a fine One Worlder.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
You're a neo con...by the belligerent tone of your posts and what you post regarding interfering in the internal affairs of other nations. You'd make a fine One Worlder.

:spock:
jeeze then you really don't pay attention. to anything exept what you want to hear. you are a complete moron that should refrain from speaking to people.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
All I ask is that you wash your hands before you refill the slurpy cups, please.

Meanwhile, your great and reviled people are bashing in the heads of women buried up to their necks with stones small enough to hurt and big enough to eventually kill.

yeah....we should all aspire to be as culturally advanced as Persians.

The worse kind of idiot is one who does not know he is. Like you.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 04:50 PM
maybe frankie should tell his moderate comrades that they better get their shit together before we have to come over there and turn iran into a giant sheet of glass.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN. And the fact that you are actually boasting about it makes you quite naive.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!

Bigotry is funny, isn't it?

Frankie
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Perhaps they like the feel of their fingers in their asses?

Dumber speaks.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
The socialist ones? Sure.

But that was an all-enveloping statement that included ALL your dear ones.

listopencil
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM

I don't know, I wipe my ass with paper then wash my hands. No shit on my ass. No shit on my hands. Works for me.

But to the OP: Yeah. This is horrible. It's citizens of a nation torturing and killing their fellow countrymen, with the consent of their government. The fact that it may be accepted by the majority of the nation for religious reasons, or at least by those people who would otherwise have the will and the means to stop it, is bullshit. The fact that it seems to be directed primarily towards women because they are forced into a second class citizenship is disgusting. I know that there are multiple passages in many of the world's sacred texts that seem to condone horrible atrocities. That's why human beings around the world need to be protected by political entities, and that's why the concept of "separation of Church and State" is fundamental. Combining the power of the State with the authority of the Church is evil.

listopencil
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh by the way,

King James Bible (http://kingjbible.com/john/8.htm)

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

John 8:7

http://www.newsweek.com/content/newsweek/2010/07/09/iranian-woman-will-not-be-stoned-may-still-be-killed/_jcr_content/body/inlineimage.img.jpg/1278691101301.jpg

Can any of you cast a stone?

Frankie
07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
They had Twitter in 1979? THAT is what I'm referring to, Frankie. The Iranian people WANTED an Islamic state and that's precisely what they got.

Not all. There was DEFINITELY different expectations. I lived it indirectly with a lot of my family living there.

The whole thing happened while there was still general glee and jubilation of a bloody revolution's "success." But more related to the result was simple yes or no question put to people and they were signified by ballots of (I think) green for yes and red for no that were cast RIGHT IN FRONT OF armed Islamic guards. It's easy to get a 98.2 yeas that way.

That was history lesson number two. I should start charging you pretty soon if you keep posting uninformed posts.

stevieray
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Bigotry is funny, isn't it?
especially when sarah palin is mentioned.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
WILL NEVER HAPPEN. And the fact that you are actually boasting about it makes you quite naive.

if you don't think iran is in danger of having their nukes bombed right now then you are the naive one. i am sure isreal would have already done it by now, but are waiting for us to give green light. never say never, could happen soon.

Donger
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Not all. There was DEFINITELY different expectations. I lived it indirectly with a lot of my family living there.

The whole thing happened while there was still general glee and jubilation of a bloody revolution's "success." But more related to the result was simple yes or no question put to people and they were signified by ballots of (I think) green for yes and red for no that were cast RIGHT IN FRONT OF armed Islamic guards. It's easy to get a 98.2 yeas that way.

That was history lesson number two. I should start charging you pretty soon if you keep posting uninformed posts.

Oh, so the massive support was given under duress?

How about the millions taking to the streets welcoming Khomeini back? All staged?

Direckshun
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
if you don't think iran is in danger of having their nukes bombed right now then you are the naive one. i am sure isreal would have already done it by now, but are waiting for us to give green light. never say never, could happen soon.

Iran doesn't have nukes.

They could have their nuclear program bombed, but the cost-benefit analysis of that is pretty sketchy.

Direckshun
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
But to the OP: Yeah. This is horrible. It's citizens of a nation torturing and killing their fellow countrymen, with the consent of their government. The fact that it may be accepted by the majority of the nation for religious reasons, or at least by those people who would otherwise have the will and the means to stop it, is bullshit. The fact that it seems to be directed primarily towards women because they are forced into a second class citizenship is disgusting. I know that there are multiple passages in many of the world's sacred texts that seem to condone horrible atrocities. That's why human beings around the world need to be protected by political entities, and that's why the concept of "separation of Church and State" is fundamental. Combining the power of the State with the authority of the Church is evil.

Who has the means to stop this in Iran?

I'm asking honestly. I consider myself fairly well read on Iran, and have no idea who exactly has the means to stop this.

The second half of your post is dead-on, however.

Direckshun
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't know if FC is a neoconservative. But he's definitely a blind hawk.

stevieray
07-09-2010, 06:39 PM
. That's why human beings around the world need to be protected by political entities, and that's why the right of Freedom of Religion is fundamental. Combining the power of the State with the authority of one Church is tyrannical.

you were close.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 06:49 PM

Man you are soooo naive! First of all you were talking about turning the whole country into a giant sheet of glass. That's Nuking kind of bark.

Secondly, the so called nuke facilities are so scattered and with so many decoy ones that unless there are info from deep inside Iran it's next to impossible to identify the real ones from the bogus ones.

Personally I think the magnitude of the work and progress on weapons grade uranium is more a bluff than anything else. If the world buys it then the regime is safe from outside interference while it tightens it's radical rule over the people. Like I said before, if the west wants to help, they should ban selling state of the art surveillance tech weapons to the regime. Instead they impose sanctions that only affect the innocent citizens.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh, so the massive support was given under duress?

How about the millions taking to the streets welcoming Khomeini back? All staged?

:facepalm:

Frankie
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Iran doesn't have nukes.

I wouldn't go that far. I think the ambition is there. But the potential use is not to bomb Israel or the U.S. with it. It's to be able to take their attention inward for a total control without interference from the rest of the world.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
you were close.

He was dead on.

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't know if FC is a neoconservative. But he's definitely a blind hawk.

His FP is progressive in nature. The same violence in using the state the Progressive use at home.

listopencil
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Who has the means to stop this in Iran?

I'm asking honestly. I consider myself fairly well read on Iran, and have no idea who exactly has the means to stop this.

The second half of your post is dead-on, however.

It's going to have to take a grassroots effort of civil disobedience, similar to the one that happened in this country during the Civil Rights Movement. It will take citizens willing to hide refugees, it will take police men willing to let women like this fall through the cracks, it will take judges willing to vote for clemency, it will take politicians willing to fight inhumane legislation. It will take Iranian versions of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X, Rosa Parks and Booker T. Washington. This is a change that must come from within the culture of Iran.

Donger
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
:facepalm:

Are you going answer and state a position or not?

Donger
07-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Here's a fun link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/1/newsid_2521000/2521003.stm

Nearly five million people clamoured to see the return of their spiritual leader

Must have been a real bitch to force all those non-adoring fans out to see the old nasty c*nt, eh?

listopencil
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
you were close.

No, like Frankie said, I was dead on. Maybe you are familiar with this quote. From a letter to the Danbury Baptist association written by Thomas Jefferson in 1802:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."

It's really simple. Church+State=Evil.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
His FP is progressive in nature. The same violence in using the state the Progressive use at home.

pretty funny you would make fun of someone else's thinking since yours follows modern 12th century and has gotten a whole big bag of steaming shit for the countries you root for. ROFL

stevieray
07-09-2010, 08:25 PM
No, like Frankie said, I was dead on. Maybe you are familiar with this quote. From a letter to the Danbury Baptist association written by Thomas Jefferson in 1802:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."

It's really simple. Church+State=Evil.

I'm well aware.

..and no, you aren't. It was a PERSONAL letter that has been twisted into psuedo legislation.. he was soothing their fears that ONE DENOMINATION would be endorsed by Government. When Jefferson was President..different denominations shared the use of the US CAPITOL to hold their services.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Are you going answer and state a position or not?

Read my entire post. This time read the part about I the general excitement over "winning" a struggle IMMEDIATELY after the fact. Things like that are common after ANY big and bloody struggle. i have always considered British people more versed about the nuances of the ME than Americans. But I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Donger
07-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Read my entire post. This time read the part about I the general excitement over "winning" a struggle IMMEDIATELY after the fact. Things like that are common after ANY big and bloody struggle. i have always considered British people more versed about the nuances of the ME than Americans. But I'm beginning to have my doubts.

I'm not British, Frankie. I'm an American.

So, did or did not the Iranian people welcome back Khomeini or not? Yes or no?

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Partially. You may have left Britain but not all of Britain is out of you.

Do you know the question man? BTW, why do you insist on asking when you already know the answer? Answer my question.

Donger
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Do you know the question man? BTW, why do you insist on asking when you already know the answer? Answer my question.

Quiet, woman. Men are talking.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM

you must be from dumbassville then, cause i see not all has left you.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Are you arguing that you lost your political knowledge of the ME when you got your US citizenship? Wow.

As for your other question, so now you have given up on your "referendum" argument and moved the goal post. So be it. Yes they did. Khomeini had been looked at as a symbol of standing up to the Shah for years during his exile. He was welcome back among his promises of a secular Republic and the separation of Mosque and State. The educated among the people liked him NOT because of his being religious, but because of his firm and single-minded opposition of the Shah. The uneducated and the religious saw him as an re-establisher of religion and "family values." (Sound familiar?) At that given time they were all idolizing him for their own perceptions.

Lesson three. End of free history lessons.

Look, I've said everything I wanted to say addressing everything here, and I'm tired. Some of you will open your minds and some will stubbornly resist doing so, because it makes you feel superior. Any further debate on this on my part is pointless. Adios.

Frankie
07-09-2010, 09:37 PM
you must have be from dumbassville then, cause i see not all has left you.

Reflect much?

stevieray
07-09-2010, 09:37 PM
He was dead on.

...and you're dead wrong.

Halfcan
07-09-2010, 09:42 PM
just terrible-what is it 1500 BC again what a bunch of stoneage evil bastards

Iowanian
07-09-2010, 09:45 PM
The worse kind of idiot is one who does not know he is. Like you.

I'll defer to the expert who is always pimping his cultural Idiocracy that was so awesome, his family left and he never moved back.

You're the mayor of Dumbfuckistan.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Are you arguing that you lost your political knowledge of the ME when you got your US citizenship? Wow.

As for your other question, so now you have given up on your "referendum" argument and moved the goal post. So be it. Yes they did. Khomeini had been looked at as a symbol of standing up to the Shah for years during his exile. He was welcome back among his promises of a secular Republic and the separation of Mosque and State. The educated among the people liked him NOT because of his being religious, but because of his firm and single-minded opposition of the Shah. The uneducated and the religious saw him as an re-establisher of religion and "family values." (Sound familiar?) At that given time they were all idolizing him for their own perceptions.

Look, I've said everything I wanted to say addressing everything here, and I'm tired. Some of you will open your minds and some will stubbornly resist doing so, because it makes you feel superior. Any further debate on this on my part is pointless. Adios.

next can you teach us about space exploration, ya know nasa shit?

Donger
07-09-2010, 09:49 PM

I came to America when I was eight. I had no "British" knowledge about the ME.

And, I've given up nothing. If you have evidence that the referendum vote was tainted, present it.

As to the rest, how many of Iranians would you describe as "uneducated" and fooled?

Regardless, I'm merely making the point that the Iranian people, as a whole, welcomed Khomeini back. It was not a surprise that he was a religious zealot.

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Reflect much?

That was another NeoCon move of his. The ad hominem tactic.

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Regardless, I'm merely making the point that the Iranian people, as a whole, welcomed Khomeini back. It was not a surprise that he was a religious zealot.

You could have just said that all along.

ForeverChiefs58
07-10-2010, 08:20 AM
That was another NeoCon move of his. The ad hominem tactic.

Hey now, you want me to go to your job and slap the dick out of your mouth while your working? then shut up while men are speaking.

Bill Parcells
07-10-2010, 08:44 AM
LOL at Frankie, the brave Iranian patriot.

ROFL

patteeu
07-10-2010, 08:54 AM
The worse kind of idiot is one who does not know he is.

Are you an idiot, Frankie?

Bill Parcells
07-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Are you an idiot, Frankie?

ROFL

patteeu
07-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Quiet, woman. Men are talking.

LMAO

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I see patteeu and D112 continue to take the low road.

patteeu
07-10-2010, 02:44 PM

What did Ronald Reagan's autobiography have to say about stoning women who talk out of turn?

Frankie
07-10-2010, 02:49 PM
next can you teach us about space exploration, ya know nasa shit?

No. But I know folks from my birthplace who can. In fact one has a comet named after him. But you go on wallowing in your uninformed stupor and act proud of it.

Frankie
07-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Hey now, you want me to go to your job and slap the dick out of your mouth while your working? then shut up while men are speaking.

When beaten in an argument say something out of line and change the subject. Very unfunny. :shake:

vailpass
07-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Have the jews reduced Iran to a sheet of smoldering slag yet?
I wish they would just get it over with and flush that toilet.

go bowe
07-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Have the jews reduced Iran to a sheet of smoldering slag yet?
I wish they would just get it over with and flush that toilet.you know, it just occurred to me that we probably don't want iran reduced to a sheet of smoldering slag yet...

take that large a chunk out of the world supply of oil and we have a world-wide disaster never before seen...

vailpass
07-10-2010, 05:57 PM
you know, it just occurred to me that we probably don't want iran reduced to a sheet of smoldering slag yet...

take that large a chunk out of the world supply of oil and we have a world-wide disaster never before seen...

Yes, you have a point. All I really wanted to see turned to slag is Iran's current governing body including Amadnutjob and all the mullahs that control him.
The citizens, oil and camels can stay.
Except those that favor stoning people to death unless it involves medicianl marijuana.

listopencil
07-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm well aware.

..and no, you aren't. It was a PERSONAL letter that has been twisted into psuedo legislation.. he was soothing their fears that ONE DENOMINATION would be endorsed by Government. When Jefferson was President..different denominations shared the use of the US CAPITOL to hold their services.

It is a document created by one of our Founding Fathers. A letter that he well knew would be made public. He elaborates on exactly what freedom of religion means and authors a phrase that is as valid today as it was when he first wrote it. Once again you completely miss the point. I don't know if it's from willful ignorance on your part, or just a lack of objectivity. Possibly just laziness because Christians have been pandered to in our society for a very, very long time and you've gotten used to it.

go bowe
07-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes, you have a point. All I really wanted to see turned to slag is Iran's current governing body including Amadnutjob and all the mullahs that control him.
The citizens, oil and camels can stay.
Except those that favor stoning people to death unless it involves medicianl marijuana.i couldn't agree with you more on each and every point!!!

:bong: :bong: :bong:

go bowe
07-10-2010, 07:03 PM
It is a document created by one of our Founding Fathers. A letter that he well knew would be made public. He elaborates on exactly what freedom of religion means and authors a phrase that is as valid today as it was when he first wrote it. Once again you completely miss the point. I don't know if it's from willful ignorance on your part, or just a lack of objectivity. Possibly just laziness because Christians have been pandered to in our society for a very, very long time and you've gotten used to it.i don't have any idea of what most of those symbols in your sig stand for...

which symbol stands for which faith depicted in your sig?

Bill Parcells
07-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Can you fetch me a sammich, please.

listopencil
07-11-2010, 05:31 PM
i don't have any idea of what most of those symbols in your sig stand for...

Best way for me to show you is to have you click on the sig. It's a link to the ULC "guide to divinity" page that shows what symbols are for what and gives brief explanations.

SDChiefs
07-12-2010, 09:58 AM

Do you not remember Neda? When they do stand up they get shot down. The US needs to step in, wipe out their government and then give Iran back to its people.

Brock
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Do you not remember Neda? When they do stand up they get shot down. The US needs to step in, wipe out their government and then give Iran back to its people.

I bet we would be welcomed as liberators!

Frankie
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Actually.....

chiefsnorth
07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I really hate that we don't have energy independence, because if we did, no one would care what goes on in backwater crapholes stuck in the 7th century like this.

SDChiefs
07-12-2010, 10:36 AM

I agree that most ME countries are not informed correctly on America and they probably would not welcome us. But if we do that and allow them to form their own government and it comes back the way it is now then at least we can say we tried. And Persians would have nobody to blame but themselves on the issue.

mlyonsd
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
And Persians would have nobody to blame but themselves on the issue.

They already don't have anyone to blame but themselves.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree that most ME countries are not informed correctly on America and they probably would not welcome us. But if we do that and allow them to form their own government and it comes back the way it is now then at least we can say we tried. And Persians would have nobody to blame but themselves on the issue.

The very first major operation of the CIA was to remove the extremely popular nationalist leader (Dr. Mossaddegh) in Iran and restore the deposed Shah back to his absolute power, in the early 1950s. Iran has never recovered from that since. Oh, Iranians are very informed about America (way more than Americans are about Iran) and they have very good reason to politically suspect us.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM

See above.

SDChiefs
07-12-2010, 11:18 AM
The very first major operation of the CIA was to remove the extremely popular nationalist leader (Dr. Mossaddegh) in Iran and restore the deposed Shah back to his absolute power, in the early 1950s. Iran has never recovered from that since. Oh, Iranians are very informed about America (way more than Americans are about Iran) and they have very good reason to politically suspect us.

I know, Persians are the ultimate race and we should all bow to them. They are so much smarter than us dumb Americans too.

patteeu
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM

Yes

Frankie
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I know, Persians are the ultimate race and we should all bow to them. They are so much smarter than us dumb Americans too.

Never said that. But your total irrelevance to the post you just replied to does not help your cause.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes

See post 232, pat. I know you know all about it, but you are a "changing subjects" artist.

mlyonsd
07-12-2010, 12:41 PM
See above.

You're saying Iranian's aren't smart enough to overcome something that happened almost 60 years ago?

Come on Frankie, that's a pretty poor excuse. Especially since they threw out the Shah in the 70's and replaced it with what they have.

SDChiefs
07-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Never said that. But your total irrelevance to the post you just replied to does not help your cause.

All your posts up to this point peg you for it. Iran cant do any wrong and all of their problems are because of America. I love my country, but by no means think America is always right. You think Iran is always right and you post things to try to justify all the ****ed up things they do over there.

Donger
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Iran has never recovered from that since.

Oh, so Iranians welcomed back Khomeni because of Operation Ajax?

BucEyedPea
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM

That's funny....there are plenty of Americans who think that of themselves. It's called "American Exceptionalism." They're not really your average American though.....they're the power elite who want to run the world. They just have blind minions that parrot them.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
You're saying Iranian's aren't smart enough to overcome something that happened almost 60 years ago?

Come on Frankie, that's a pretty poor excuse. Especially since they threw out the Shah in the 70's and replaced it with what they have.

Now you are playing games instead of debating.

First off, my reply was to the post saying that the reasons for political suspicions of the US by Iran is that Iranians don't know about America.

Secondly, you know full well that a rebuilding country (which Iran would have been under Dr. Mossaddegh) cannot afford such a radical reversal of politics. 60 years is but a blink of an eye in terms of history. All the typical Iranian wants (after/if Democracy is achieved is for the more powerful countries to stand aside and allow the growth to happen. Is that too much to ask? There was zero anti-American sentiment in Iran prior the the Mossaddegh overthrow. But now even if there's Democracy there someday it will take years for the suspicion to dissipate.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
All your posts up to this point peg you for it. Iran cant do any wrong and all of their problems are because of America. I love my country, but by no means think America is always right. You think Iran is always right and you post things to try to justify all the ****ed up things they do over there.

Show me ONE post of mine that says what I highlighted in your post. When you can't try to be graceful this time.

The Mad Crapper
07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
The good news is they won't stone her to death. The bad news is they are going to hang her instead.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh, so Iranians welcomed back Khomeni because of Operation Ajax?

You have regressed in this debate, Donger. Meanwhile you have not answered my questions put to you.

Donger
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
You have regressed in this debate, Donger. Meanwhile you have not answered my questions put to you.

You really won't acknowledge that he was welcomed back, will you? How come?

What questions?

Frankie
07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
The good news is they won't stone her to death. The bad news is they are going to hang her instead.

If you are so worried about a citizen of another country do the noble thing and exchange yourself for her. I'm not man enough to do it, but we all know you're da man.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
You really won't acknowledge that he was welcomed back, will you? How come?

What questions?

Do you even read my replies or do you just listen to your own farts? Go back and read my posts about this. I won't hold your hand Donger. You have to make that little effort by yourself, if you want to avoid being a joke in a debate.

The Mad Crapper
07-12-2010, 04:56 PM
i don't have any idea of what most of those symbols in your sig stand for...

What's this one?

http://www.iaza.com/work/100713C/flags9733634722-iaza.jpg

LMAO

Donger
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Do you even read my replies or do you just listen to your own farts? Go back and read my posts about this. I won't hold your hand Donger. You have to make that little effort by yourself, if you want to avoid being a joke in a debate.

I've gone back and I don't see a single question you've asked me that I haven't answered. If I missed it/them, please point it/them out and I'd be happy to answer.

So, did the Iranians welcome him back or not?

Edit - Missed your 200. Fair enough. The Iranians welcomed him back. So, they basically got what they wanted.