PDA

View Full Version : Poop K-2 banned in MO, effective Aug.28th

Priest31kc
07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I dont know everyone's opinions on K-2, but I've used it numerous times since I quit smoking weed, its a good alternative & doesn't show up on a drug test, which I will be having monthly pretty soon. But now as you can see, no more K-2. Why the hell can't I get high damnit?

http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2010/jul/06/missouri-fifth-state-criminalize-sale-or-possessio/

Missouri became the fifth state to criminalize possession of K2 Tuesday as Gov. Jay Nixon signed a bill making it a controlled substance.

K2 is a synthetic substance similar to marijuana. Beginning Aug. 28, possession of 35 grams or less of K2 will be a Class A misdemeanor, and possession of more than 35 grams will be a Class C felony. The new law carries penalties that will be identical to those for possession of marijuana.

Nixon was joined by area law enforcement officers and legislators as he signed House Bill 1472 today at the St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department.

“K2 has been associated with serious health risks such as increased heart rate, elevated blood pressure, vomiting, hallucinations, tremors and possibly seizures,” Gov. Nixon said. “Most alarming is that health care providers and poison control centers are seeing increased use of K2 by children. It is unsafe and has serious potential for abuse, especially by children. Missouri is helping lead the way by taking a stand against this drug.”

K2 is a mixture of dried herbs that is sprayed with a synthetic substance similar to the active ingredient in marijuana. It is often sold as incense at convenience stores, smoke shops and other retailers. Under the new law, K2 will be added to the list of controlled substances under Schedule I. Those substances are classified as having a high potential for abuse and having no accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or lacking accepted safe use in treatment under medical supervision.

Possession or sale of K2 already has been banned by local ordinance in St. Charles and Pettis counties and in several municipalities. Alabama, Kansas and Kentucky already have passed laws criminalizing its possession, and other states are considering similar bills; on July 2, the Arkansas Health Board passed an emergency rule to ban the distribution of K2.

Under Missouri law, a Class A misdemeanor is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine; a Class C felony is punishable by up to seven years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

The bill also adds certain steroids, painkillers, sedatives and nitrites (known as “poppers”) to Missouri’s controlled substance list to match the federal controlled substance list.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
nitrites (known as “poppers”) to Missouri’s controlled substance list t

I thought poppers went out with bathhouses.

WV
07-06-2010, 08:43 PM
How bad is it that I've never even heard of K2?

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
nasty shit if you ask me. the taste ruins it. i tried it once one hit and gave it to the guy with a "why the fuck would you hand this to me?" look. fuck that shit
Posted via Mobile Device

Fruit Ninja
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
like regular pot isnt easy enough to get? I've never heard of this K-2 shit ever.

Bwana
07-06-2010, 08:47 PM

Likewise

KcMizzou
07-06-2010, 08:52 PM
They advertise it on a radio station I listen to. (as herbal incense) It's supposed to be a legal alternative. So much for that I guess, lol.

KC native
07-06-2010, 08:54 PM
K2 is fucking garbage. First you don't know what they're spraying on it as the synthetic THC. Second, it tastes like shit and only lasts 30 minutes.

They just need to legalize weed and get it over with.

Bwana
07-06-2010, 08:56 PM
K2 is ****ing garbage. First you don't know what they're spraying on it as the synthetic THC. Second, it tastes like shit and only lasts 30 minutes.

So you've put a little of this into your system have you?

Chocolate Hog
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Bought some in Westport the other day

Priest31kc
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
K2 is ****ing garbage. First you don't know what they're spraying on it as the synthetic THC. Second, it tastes like shit and only lasts 30 minutes.

Yes. Its not nearly as good as weed, not even close. But fuck. I like to get high, just like most ppl like to get drunk, and this shit atleast gets me high for a little while.

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2010, 09:00 PM

i have once, didnt know what it was until i hit it once. never again. nasty shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC native
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Negative. Someone brought it by and asked if I wanted to try it. I had already heard about it so I knew that something is sprayed on it. It looks like shit and smells like shit. I watched him try it though. Didn't look to pleasant on the way in.

I'll stick with the real deal.

This strain is what's around right now. It's named sage. very stony, great smell, and nice appearance. I would give it an 8 out of 10.

http://mipatients.org/images/SAGE.jpg

Priest31kc
07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Negative. Someone brought it by and asked if I wanted to try it. I had already heard about it so I knew that something is sprayed on it. It looks like shit and smells like shit. I watched him try it though. Didn't look to pleasant on the way in.

I'll stick with the real deal.

This strain is what's around right now. It's named sage. very stony, great smell, and nice appearance. I would give it an 8 out of 10.

http://mipatients.org/images/SAGE.jpg

Damn that looks yummy. Too bad Im gunna be on probation for 2 years :(. Fuck this world.

KC native
07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Damn that looks yummy. Too bad Im gunna be on probation for 2 years :(. Fuck this world.

that sucks. Do all your service hours early, pay your fines asap, and stay clean and then asked to be let go early. That's worked for everyone I knew that's been on paper.

Priest31kc
07-06-2010, 09:11 PM
that sucks. Do all your service hours early, pay your fines asap, and stay clean and then asked to be let go early. That's worked for everyone I knew that's been on paper.

Thanks for the info....Paying the fines ASAP will be a problem tho because I am unemployed :(. Life's extremely tough for me right now. EDIT: As Im sure it is for ALOT of ppl out there right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I've had multiple students write papers about K2 over the last year.

NewChief
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty much pro-legalization, but K2 is garbage. Kids at my school were coming back from lunch after smoking that shit and having seizures. The ambulance came 3 times in one week.

RedNFeisty
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I was unaware of K2, as well. I think I would stick to the original, this doesn't sound very pleasant.

KC native
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the info....Paying the fines ASAP will be a problem tho because I am unemployed :(. Life's extremely tough for me right now. EDIT: As Im sure it is for ALOT of ppl out there right now.

Just pay the fines when you can and make them the priority beyond basic living expenses. Since you're unemployed, knock out the service hours before you get a job and then you won't have to worry about them later. Keep your head up and you'll be back to getting irie in no time.

WV
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/p/peter-tosh/album-legalize-it.jpg

googlegoogle
07-06-2010, 10:17 PM
treating 'adults' like children.

We should ban guns too.

and knives. Very dangerous.

Discuss Thrower
07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
First hit I ever took time immediately slowed down x10. Two of the last three times I smoked it I wound up fully clothed laying between my comforter and my sheets in the fetal worried that I could stop my own heart by thinking about it hard enough and debated calling an ambulance on myself.

Stuff is whacked out.

Oucho Cinco
07-06-2010, 10:25 PM

We should ban guns too.

You assume the adults you speak of are more than children. I think anyone that uses that stuff deserves everything they get. Sorry, I just have no compassion for screwing with your body.

kysirsoze
07-06-2010, 10:25 PM
What am I gonna take when I go rainbow watching???

KC native
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
What am I gonna take when I go rainbow watching???

um, peyote?

http://www.drug-information-resource.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10008/thumb_peyote1.jpg

Baconeater
07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
You assume the adults you speak of are more than children. I think anyone that uses that stuff deserves everything they get. Sorry, I just have no compassion for screwing with your body.
What a ghey username.

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
First hit I ever took time immediately slowed down x10. Two of the last three times I smoked it I wound up fully clothed laying between my comforter and my sheets in the fetal worried that I could stop my own heart by thinking about it hard enough and debated calling an ambulance on myself.

Stuff is whacked out.

oooooooooooooook
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
What is the point of having a substance be legal that mimics a drug that's currently illegal?

Make it all legal.

WV
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM
What is the point of having a substance be legal that mimics a drug that's currently illegal?

Make it all legal.

As long as your "all" is just pot related stuff. I think pot should be legal, but all the other stuff is a little too dangerous. I realize the whole darwin logic (and don't disagree with it), but it would get too messy legalizing all drugs.

luv
07-06-2010, 11:55 PM
As long as your "all" is just pot related stuff. I think pot should be legal, but all the other stuff is a little too dangerous. I realize the whole darwin logic (and don't disagree with it), but it would get too messy legalizing all drugs.

Yes, I meant all things pot related.

Buehler445
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Jesus fuck I'm getting old. Never heard of the shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discuss Thrower
07-07-2010, 12:20 AM
oooooooooooooook
Posted via Mobile Device

In all of the aforementioned cases I was intoxicated as well.

KcMizzou
07-07-2010, 12:35 AM

Make it all legal. For anyone old enough to drink

Just a little adjustment to your post. :D

-King-
07-07-2010, 12:40 AM

No. It should be legal at 18
Posted via Mobile Device

joesomebody
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Stuff makes it hard for me to breath, I'm assuming, had I tried it... ever.

As far as I know I'm the only one of my friends that had this reaction, but it reminded me of when I was a kid and used to have allergy related asthma attacks. Stuff is bad... mmmm kay? The high is weird. Makes everything SLOOWWWW DOWN.

KcMizzou
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device I'd agree, but as my oldest son creeps closer to that age... I get skittish.

Nzoner
07-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Tried it once and that was more than enough.

luv
07-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18 as well. I know that it's when kids are going wild, and it seems that we'd be adding fuel to the fire, but....

1. You can join the military at 18.
2. You can buy cigarettes at 18.
3. You are legally held accountable for your actions at 18 (or before).

IMO, especially #3. If you're considered old enough to be responsible for your actions, then knowing when to say when should be included in that.

/soap box

milkman
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM

I thought poppers went out with bathhouses.

How bad is it that I've never heard of poppers or K2?

milkman
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18 as well. I know that it's when kids are going wild, and it seems that we'd be adding fuel to the fire, but....

IMO, especially #3. If you're considered old enough to be responsible for your actions, then knowing when to say when should be included in that.

/soap box

I agree with you.

ChiTown
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM

2nd'd

Baconeater
07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I've never heard of either of those or this 'purple drank' stuff outside of this board.

GoHuge
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't smoke pot because I just don't like the way it makes me feel. Any time I've ever done it I'm just sitting there waiting to get sober and I'm subject through work to random drug tests. Had to piss before I started, but haven't since. Pretty sure they just hang it over your head, but I'm not going to chance it. I never tried K2, but about two weeks ago at my brother's house he had some stuff called K3...........the companies response to the banning of K2. I know you can't get in trouble for using a legal substance and was told by my brother and his friends (who would know) there is no test for it. It actually made me feel pretty damn good. The after taste was almost exactly what pot tastes like (which everybody else commented on as well). Thinking about buying some for myself. Maybe I'm weird. Can't stand pot at all, but really liked K3. The two feel nothing alike to me.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 11:14 AM

/soap box
Statistically, you are quite a bit more likely to do something incredibly stupid behind the wheel of a car when you are 18 vs 21. Alcohol, predictably, makes it even more likely.

Therefore, I disagree with the drinking age being lowered to 18. Just because you can do those other 3 things has very little to do with drinking responsibly.

Dayze
07-07-2010, 11:32 AM

/soap box

agree 100% with you Luv.

or, increase military minimum age to 21.
of course, they won't do that.

responsible enough to hold a serve and die for your country, but not enough to drink a beer. that makes zero sense to me.

luv
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
agree 100% with you Luv.

or, increase military minimum age to 21.
of course, they won't do that.

responsible enough to hold a serve and die for your country, but not enough to drink a beer. that makes zero sense to me.

I've heard you can purchase beer at 18 on military bases. Don't know if that's true though.

milkman
07-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I've heard you can purchase beer at 18 on military bases. Don't know if that's true though.

It was true when I was in the Navy.

But then, back in my day, you could drink beer legally at 18 in Kansas.

Spent a lot of hours at Pogo's (I believe that was the name) in Wichita back in the day.

philfree
07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Why 21? Why 18? I think when a person turns 20 he becomes eligable to vote, join the service and drink. :shrug: Why not?

PhilFree:arrow:

stormtrooper
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
K2 is fucking garbage. First you don't know what they're spraying on it as the synthetic THC. Second, it tastes like shit and only lasts 30 minutes.

I hear that. It's everywhere here in Boise. I've been smoking it but I'm not sure this is what I want to do instead of weed. It's been a week and I'm having second thoughts on this. It's more popular than cigs or alcohol. Legalize mary it and let us be.

KCHawg
07-07-2010, 12:15 PM

Not for a long time, every base I've been to goes with whatever the state says. I'm currently at Kadena AB, Okinawa and the drinking age here is 19.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Drinking beer isn't the problem. Drinking and then driving is the bigger issue.

Brock
07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
It was true when I was in the Navy.

But then, back in my day, you could drink beer legally at 18 in Kansas.

Spent a lot of hours at Pogo's (I believe that was the name) in Wichita back in the day.

3.2% beer.

milkman
07-07-2010, 12:21 PM
3.2% beer.

True.

But it was better than drinking pop at the mall, or some stupid shit like that.

Baconeater
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Drinking beer isn't the problem. Drinking and then driving is the bigger issue.
I'm all for not letting them drive until they're 21.

Oucho Cinco
07-07-2010, 12:34 PM
What a ghey username.

Based on what I see with your name you are speaking from what? experience?

vailpass
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Low life.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm all for not letting them drive until they're 21.

That would rectify the problem, but morons would still chirp about how you can die for your country at 18, but can't drive a vehicle.

milkman
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
That would rectify the problem, but morons would still chirp about how you can die for your country at 18, but can't drive a vehicle.

That's an argument made by kids that want to drink legally, or kids over 21 that have girlfriends/boyfriends that are over 18, but not yet 21.

It is a legitimate argument however.

The law says that if you're 18, you're responsible enough to be held accountable for your actions if you commit a crime, you are old enough to face the horrors of war, you are responsible enough to vote.

But hey kid, you aren't adult enough to drink.

It's a double standard.

Either lower the drinking age or raise the age for the others.

If I were to really argue for one or the other, I'd argue to raise the age.

But my argument is, primarily, do away with the double standard.

HemiEd
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Tried it once and that was more than enough.

Did you step in any dog shit?

HemiEd
07-07-2010, 12:58 PM

What branch did you serve in Saul?

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
That's an argument made by kids that want to drink legally, or kids over 21 that have girlfriends/boyfriends that are over 18, but not yet 21.

The law says that if you're 18, you're responsible enough to be held accountable for your actions if you commit a crime, you are old enough to face the horrors of war, you are responsible enough to vote.

It's a double standard.

Signing up for the military, and/or voting are both positive, responsible actions that an 18 year old can handle.

Statistically, driving is borderline. Drinking, especially paired with the abundance of vehicles and roads in this country, and the relatively low driving age, is not something the average 18 year old handles with grace.

Brock
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Signing up for the military, and/or voting are both positive, responsible actions that an 18 year old can handle.

Statistically, driving is borderline. Drinking, especially paired with the abundance of vehicles and roads in this country, and the relatively low driving age, is not something the average 18 year old handles with grace.

If you're expected to be able to handle live weaponry around a bunch of people and not kill them, I'd say you should be able to handle the average automobile.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
If you're expected to be able to handle live weaponry around a bunch of people and not kill them, I'd say you should be able to handle the average automobile.

How about while intoxicated?

Brock
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
How about while intoxicated?

Well, that's already illegal, no matter what the age. I don't have a problem with the drinking age being 21, for that matter we could make it higher and it wouldn't bother me. Drinking alcohol adds nothing but trouble to society AFAIC.

milkman
07-07-2010, 01:15 PM

Sure, every 18 year old makes smart responsible decisions when voting or deciding to join the military.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Sure, every 18 year old makes smart responsible decisions when voting or deciding to join the military.

Well, more so than drinking.

stormtrooper
07-07-2010, 02:21 PM

We should ban guns too.

:clap:

milkman
07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, more so than drinking.

It's really funny.

Somewhere on here is a thread started by a parent talking about a 17 year old kid smoking pot in the driveway.

But in just a year, that kid is going to be an adult responsible enough to decide to join the military if he so desires.

LMAO.

luv
07-07-2010, 02:46 PM

It's a double standard.

My sentiments exactly.

HemiEd
07-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Exactly.

Baby Lee
07-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Smoking ganj, Gheyest activity in the world. That pretty much sums it up.

go bowe
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Smoking ganj, Gheyest activity in the world. That pretty much sums it up.ghey is beautiful...

Baconeater
07-07-2010, 05:34 PM
ghey is beautiful...
That's sig material there. :D

MOhillbilly
07-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Jay Nixon(D) is a pos that legislates morality issues to grab votes. Like tits and beer? not jay nixon.
Fuck this guy. Vote him out.

JEFFERSON CITY — Missouri's strip clubs and adult stores will need to keep their employees partially clad, minors out and doors closed after midnight under legislation signed Friday by Gov. Jay Nixon.
The new restrictions ban full nudity, alcohol, anyone younger than 18 and touching between semi-nude employees and customers at sexually oriented businesses. The law also requires the stores and clubs to close before midnight and prevents new adult businesses from opening near homes or schools.
Supporters of the regulations contend that such businesses contribute to seedy behavior, demean women, drive down property value and even cause divorces. But critics said the restrictions infringe on the free market, cut into local control and could hurt the state's economy by forcing businesses to close.
The new rules take effect Aug. 28 and apply to strip clubs, adult video and book stores, semi-nude model studios and other related businesses.
The bill was among several signed by Nixon on Friday. Two others seek to trim costs from the state Medicaid plan and one allows pregnant women to use deadly force to protect their unborn children.
Lawmakers have tried several times in recent years to regulate sexually oriented businesses. A 2004 law restricting highway billboards was struck down by a federal appeals court, and legislation passed in 2005 was declared unconstitutional by the Missouri Supreme Court because the regulations were added to an unrelated bill.
The 2005 legislation developed a new wrinkle because a federal grand jury has investigated whether political contributions from the adult entertainment industry affected how the bill was handled in the House. No charges have been brought.
Sponsoring Sen. Matt Bartle, who also handled the 2005 legislation, said the federal investigation helped get this year's bill through. Bartle, a Republican from Lee's Summit, testified before the grand jury in February and said he believed there was a link between campaign donations from the businesses and the way House leaders handled the 2005 bill.
Under the new regulations, semi-nude employees will be required to remain on a stage at least 18 inches high and at least 6 feet from customers in a room of at least 600 square feet. New sexually oriented businesses will be prohibited from locating within 1,000 feet of homes, schools, churches, libraries, parks or day care centers.
Businesses will have 180 days after the law takes effect to comply with the stage and building requirements. Those that do not could face misdemeanor charges punishable by a fine of up to $500 and 90 days in jail for each day a violation exists.
Under another bill signed by Nixon on Friday, the governor's office expects to save nearly $19 million per year by allowing the Department of Health and Senior Services to permit independent contractors to assess whether disabled people qualify for in-home care services.
Providers will eventually use a telephone-based time clock to ensure they are not paid for more hours than they work.
In-home care providers help disabled residents bathe, cook, clean and perform other daily activities. Some critics fear the changes could make it more difficult for people to remain at home instead of nursing homes.

RedNFeisty
07-08-2010, 10:37 AM

/soap box

I disagree, I do not think the drinking age should be lowered. I think a person should be 18 or graduated from high school before being allowed a drivers license.

In Texas, (where I got married at 19), my spouse was over 21, so he could order my drinks, then give them to me. I would find this acceptable. I also, think the voting age should be raised to 21, and only if you are a college student, otherwise, 25.

At 18, people should be accountable for their actions. We learn right from wrong at the age of 5, if not sooner.

luv
07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I disagree, I do not think the drinking age should be lowered. I think a person should be 18 or graduated from high school before being allowed a drivers license.

In Texas, (where I got married at 19), my spouse was over 21, so he could order my drinks, then give them to me. I would find this acceptable. I also, think the voting age should be raised to 21, and only if you are a college student, otherwise, 25.

At 18, people should be accountable for their actions. We learn right from wrong at the age of 5, if not sooner.

My personal preference would be to see everything at 21 except driving. Like milkman said earlier, there's a double standard.

And why would you let college attendees vote at 21 instead of waiting?

boogblaster
07-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Use the real thing ...

RedNFeisty
07-08-2010, 12:21 PM
My personal preference would be to see everything at 21 except driving. Like milkman said earlier, there's a double standard.

I don't know, sounded good? :D

I think it shows a little more smarts going to college right out of high school and figured the kids would be a little more educated about their choice.

Saulbadguy
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM

There isn't a double standard. Do you two know the definition of double standard? If all things were equal, which voting, serving in the military, and drinking are certainly not, then it would be a double standard.

Until anyone can prove that the liability of allowing 18 year olds to vote, or serve in the military outweigh the benefits and/or risks when compared to drinking, the age limits will remain the same.

kysirsoze
07-08-2010, 12:59 PM
There isn't a double standard. Do you two know the definition of double standard? If all things were equal, which voting, serving in the military, and drinking are certainly not, then it would be a double standard.

Until anyone can prove that the liability of allowing 18 year olds to vote, or serve in the military outweigh the benefits and/or risks when compared to drinking, the age limits will remain the same.

Most countries in Europe have a drinking age of 16 and their teen binge drinking problems pale in comparison to ours. A drinking age of 21 does not keep teens from drinking. It keeps them from drinking legally and it adds to the 'cool factor'. Plus it pushes young people towards hanging out with older, sometimes much older people that can provide alcohol. (And occasionally film them peeing.)

It has nothing to do with voting or military service. It's just a pointless age distinction that, if anything, makes teen drinking problems worse.

KurtCobain
07-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes. Its not nearly as good as weed, not even close. But ****. I like to get high, just like most ppl like to get drunk, and this shit atleast gets me high for a little while.

yup