PDA

View Full Version : Obama Say Hello to Dr. Death...

petegz28
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Obama to Bypass Senate to Name Health Official

WASHINGTON — President Obama will bypass Congress and appoint Dr. Donald M. Berwick, a health policy expert, to run Medicare and Medicaid, the White House said Tuesday.

Dan Pfeiffer, the White House communications director, said the “recess appointment” was needed to carry out the new health care law. The law calls for huge changes in the two programs, which together insure nearly one-third of all Americans.

Mr. Pfeiffer said the president would appoint Dr. Berwick on Wednesday. Mr. Obama decided to act because “many Republicans in Congress have made it clear in recent weeks that they were going to stall the nomination as long as they could, solely to score political points,” Mr. Pfeiffer said.

As a recess appointee, Dr. Berwick will have all the powers of a permanent appointee. But under the Constitution, his appointment will expire at the end of the next session of Congress, in late 2011.

In April, Mr. Obama nominated Dr. Berwick to be administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The agency has been without a permanent administrator since October 2006.

The recess appointment was somewhat unusual because the Senate is in recess for less than two weeks and senators were still waiting for Dr. Berwick to submit responses to some of their requests for information. No confirmation hearing has been held or scheduled.

Although hospital executives who have worked with Dr. Berwick describe him as a visionary, inspiring leader, he would have faced a long, difficult struggle to win Senate confirmation.

The president’s action will give the administration a strong voice to defend provisions of the new law that have come under almost daily attack from Republicans in Congress and in political campaigns around the country.

Dr. Berwick, a pediatrician, is president and co-founder of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, a nonprofit organization in Cambridge, Mass. He is also a professor at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health.

Republicans have used the nomination to revive their arguments against the new health care law, which they see as a potent issue in this fall’s elections.

In two decades as a professor of health policy and as a prolific writer, Dr. Berwick has championed the interests of patients and consumers. At the same time, he has spoken of the need to ration health care and cap spending, has supported efforts to “reduce the total supply of high-technology medical and surgical care” and has expressed great admiration for the British health care system.

Under the new law, Medicare will be a testing ground for many innovations that reward high-quality care and penalize providers of poor care. The law will expand Medicaid to cover 16 million more people with low incomes.

Senator Pat Roberts, Republican of Kansas, said that, far from trying to delay a confirmation hearing, Republicans had wanted a forum where Dr. Berwick could explain his views.

“This recess appointment proves the Obama administration did not have the support of a majority of Democrats and Republicans in the Senate and sought to evade a hearing,” Mr. Roberts said.

But Ronald F. Pollack, executive director of Families USA, a liberal-leaning consumer group, welcomed the appointment, saying “it augurs well for the implementation of health care reform.”

One of Dr. Berwick’s first tasks will be to work with Congress to avert a 21 percent cut in Medicare payments to doctors, scheduled to occur late this year.

The American Medical Association has praised Dr. Berwick, saying he is “widely known and respected” for his efforts to improve the quality and safety of care. But cuts in Medicare payments could damage the quality of care and prompt doctors to turn away new Medicare patients, doctors say.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/health/policy/07recess.html?_r=2&hp

petegz28
07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I guess even Dems are pissed at Obama for jumping to the recess appointment so early in the game.

HonestChieffan
07-07-2010, 12:10 PM
He doesnt need support he is Obama

Donger
and has expressed great admiration for the British health care system.

:spock:

petegz28
Key Senate Finance Committee Democrats divided on Berwick's recess appointment

WASHINGTON -- Key Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee were divided in their reaction to President Obama’s recess appointment this morning of health care policy guru Dr. Donald Berwick to lead the agency that oversees Medicare and Medicaid.

For the Obama administration, the maneuver around the legislative branch’s usual confirmation process was driven by political necessity: the White House saw storm clouds on the horizon for Berwick, as Republicans prepared to hammer him in hearings over his support of the British health care system. Republicans also said they would use Berwick’s hearings to "re-litigate’’ the health care bill as November’s mid-term elections loomed.

Despite those tactical considerations, an objection came from the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Democrat Max Baucus of Montana, an Obama ally who would have led Berwick’s confirmation hearings.

Said Baucus: “I'm troubled that, rather than going through the standard nomination process, Dr. Berwick was recess appointed. Senate confirmation of presidential appointees is an essential process prescribed by the Constitution that serves as a check on executive power and protects Montanans and all Americans by ensuring that crucial questions are asked of the nominee – and answered.’’

Baucus qualified his complaint, however: “Despite the recess appointment, I look forward to working with (the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) as they implement health reform to deliver the better health care outcomes and lower costs for patients we fought to pass in the landmark health reform law,” Baucus added.

John F. Kerry of Massachusetts, a member of the Senate Finance Committee, diverged from that point of view. He strongly defended the White House circumvention of the legislative branch in this instance. Although Baucus had not even scheduled a hearing for Berwick, Kerry nonetheless blamed GOP "stalling’’ on his nomination -- an apparent reference to the GOP warnings of a GOP roasting and expected "holds,'' which allow single senators to put a freeze on nominees.

“Republican lockstep stalling of Don’s nomination was a case study in cynicism and one awful example of how not to govern. Republicans screamed that these federal programs were in trouble, then tried to deny the Administration the capable guy the President had chosen to oversee them,’’ Kerry said.

"The President did the right thing making this a recess appointment. He wasn’t going to let the Republicans thrive in a chaos of their own making. Instead, he put seniors, kids, and the disabled ahead of Republican gamesmanship, and he put a terrific public servant in place,’’ he said.

President Obama, also, in a brief statement today announcing his recess appointments of Berwick and two other officials in science and financial oversight roles, blamed Republicans for forcing his hand.

“It’s unfortunate that at a time when our nation is facing enormous challenges, many in Congress have decided to delay critical nominations for political purposes,” President Obama said.

The recess appointment lasts until the start of the next Congress, in January 2011. So in six months, the debate over Berwick will undoubtedly begin again.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2010/07/key_senate_fina.html

petegz28
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
What I want to know is how the nomination could be delayed when a hearing wasn't even scheduled??? JFC! These people are out of ****ing hand. I know recess appointments are nothing new. But to accuse people of doing something they have not even done is pathetic. Especially, ESPECIALLY when you are talking about the guy who is going to run everyone's health care. Don't the American people deserve to hear what this guy is about? We aren't talking about a Car Czar here. It's more than clear Obama didn't want the people hearing what this guy is about. His views on rationed health care and his love of the failed British health care system.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Welcome to Obamacare...

supported efforts to “reduce the total supply of high-technology medical and surgical care”

Donger
07-07-2010, 12:21 PM
“It’s not a question of whether we will ration care. It is whether we will ration with our eyes open.”

“Any health care funding plan that is just, equitable, civilized and humane must, must redistribute wealth from the richer among us to the poorer and the less fortunate. Excellent health care is by definition redistributional.”

Sounds like Obama picked a kindred spirit.

Donger
07-07-2010, 12:23 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2Kevz_9lsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2Kevz_9lsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

petegz28
07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2Kevz_9lsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2Kevz_9lsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Instead you accept a system that leaves pregnant women to give birth in hallways and on the sidwalks in front of the hospital.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh, and don't get too attached to Nana, if she gets sick she must die because WE THE GOVERNMENT will decide she is not worth saving for a few more years.

FD
07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Its good to see someone overseeing these programs that knows we need to cap costs. If we don't, those programs will bankrupt this country in a few decades. He seems like he has exactly the right qualifications and attitude. Deficit hawks across the spectrum should be applauding.

Hog Farmer
07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Welcome to Obamacare...

And welcome to dying at a younger age.

Hog Farmer
07-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Its good to see someone overseeing these programs that knows we need to cap costs. If we don't, those programs will bankrupt this country in a few decades. He seems like he has exactly the right qualifications and attitude. Deficit hawks across the spectrum should be applauding.

Your and idiot !

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
It's a fairly controversial appointment, politics aside. A lot of people question the constitutional basis for recess appointments in week long breaks. I doubt a challenge will come, as most recent presidents have made similar appointments. But, if someone could find standing to sue, it would be an interesting case. I'd guess the courts would be reluctant to get involved, but interesting...

Saul Good
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM

That's fine for anyone who depends on the government for their health care. Just stay the hell away from what I pay for myself (either directly or through private insurance).

FD
07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
That's fine for anyone who depends on the government for their health care. Just stay the hell away from what I pay for myself (either directly or through private insurance).

I agree. As the head of Medicare and Medicaid this man will have no say on what care you can or can't purchase, nor should he.

If some risky, new, untested and ridiculously expensive end-of-life procedure is an option, the government shouldn't be paying for it. People can always choose to pay for it on their own or through their insurance. If it proves effective and reliable than those government programs can look into covering it. As it stands now those programs will cover almost anything at no charge and its bankrupting our country. I for one applaud this appointment.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I will add that pete's inflammatory title here points largely to why the appointment happened. Democrats knew that Republicans were going to make the confirmation hearings a retrial of the health care debate, and wouldn't get the votes in the end anyway, so said fuck it. It's hard to govern when your opposition can throw around names like Dr. Death with not a bat of an eye from their own party.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I will add that pete's inflammatory title here points largely to why the appointment happened. Democrats knew that Republicans were going to make the confirmation hearings a retrial of the health care debate, and wouldn't get the votes in the end anyway, so said **** it. It's hard to govern when your opposition can throw around names like Dr. Death with not a bat of an eye from their own party.

That's a pretty chicken shit excuse.

Saul Good
07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree. As the head of Medicare and Medicaid this man will have no say on what care you can or can't purchase, nor should he.

If some risky, new, untested and ridiculously expensive end-of-life procedure is an option, the government shouldn't be paying for it. People can always choose to pay for it on their own or through their insurance. If it proves effective and reliable than those government programs can look into covering it. As it stands now those programs will cover almost anything at no charge and its bankrupting our country. I for one applaud this appointment.

It's not about what I can or can't purchase. It's about what he takes out of my pocket and give to others, or as he puts it, “Any health care funding plan that is just, equitable, civilized and humane must, must redistribute wealth from the richer among us to the poorer and the less fortunate. Excellent health care is by definition redistributional.”

Saul Good
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I will add that pete's inflammatory title here points largely to why the appointment happened. Democrats knew that Republicans were going to make the confirmation hearings a retrial of the health care debate, and wouldn't get the votes in the end anyway, so said **** it. It's hard to govern when your opposition can throw around names like Dr. Death with not a bat of an eye from their own party.

The Republicans need to grow up and get rid of that type of rhetoric. You'd never hear a Democrat say something like that.

Except...

Remember when: Donna Brazile was the campaign manager for the Al Gore campaign and said “We are not gonna let the White-Boys win this one”…

Remember when: Ray Nagin, Mayor of New Orleans claimed that “New Orleans will be a Chocolate City” back after the Katrina hurricane…

Remember when: Democrat Senator Robert Byrd used to be the recruiter for the local Ku Klux Klan and also when he spoke variations of the “N”-word on the floor of the Senate…

Remember when: Jessie Jackson referred to Jews as “Hymie from hymie town”…

Remember when: Democrat Senator Hillary Clinton referred to a campaign worker as a “F---ing Jew Bastard”

Remember when: Back during the Bush elections the commercials that ran like the one that said “If you vote for Bush more Black Churches will burn”. Don’t forget the commercial with the daughter of a black man that was dragged behind a vehicle saying that Bush would not support hate crimes. The people who committed this crime were convicted of murder. The “Ultimate” hate crime…

Remember when: The Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said “The only way Republicans can get people of color in the room is by bringing in the wait staff”…

Let's not play that game.

FD
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
It's not about what I can or can't purchase. It's about what he takes out of my pocket and give to others, or as he puts it, “Any health care funding plan that is just, equitable, civilized and humane must, must redistribute wealth from the richer among us to the poorer and the less fortunate. Excellent health care is by definition redistributional.”

If he is talking about the government plan, its true though, an equitable plan is by definition redistributional. If everyone can get roughly the same quality of care, the dollar value of the health care consumed as a share of income will be higher for poor individuals than wealthy ones. Thats not a controversial statement.

If he's arguing for some broader redistribution than I agree its worrisome. I don't see it in the quoted statement though.

|Zach|
07-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Instead you accept a system that leaves pregnant women to give birth in hallways and on the sidwalks in front of the hospital.

Fear without merit. Drink it in...it always goes down smooth.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Fear without merit. Drink it in...it always goes down smooth.

Without merit? You truly are rather ignorant to the topic, aren't you? Try google, it's your friend.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 06:55 PM
That's a pretty chicken shit excuse.

It's not an excuse. I only pointed out that your inflammatory bullshit contributes towards the problem you complain about. Anyone that calls someone 'Dr. Death' loses credibility among most rational people.

I already said that I think the appointment is borderline unconstitutional. But, why put forward a nominee, that most unbiased people would agree is well qualified, when people will call him 'Dr. Death.' I'm not defending it, just pointing our your complacency in causing these problems.

mlyonsd
07-07-2010, 07:00 PM
So much for the transparency administration. Especially since congress will be back in session in a week or so.

For all you Obama worshipers we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you. DA's.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
So much for the transparency administration. Especially since congress will be back in session in a week or so.

For all you Obama worshipers we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you. DA's.

Name the last administration to not appoint a recess appointment during a recess lasting less than two weeks?

And I honestly don't know the answer to that...

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Another day, another commie flies under the radar.

And another day Orange, Banyon and amnorix tell everybody how wonderful Obama is--- He's a centrist dontcha know.

LMAO

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:11 PM
It's not an excuse. I only pointed out that your inflammatory bullshit contributes towards the problem you complain about. Anyone that calls someone 'Dr. Death' loses credibility among most rational people.

I already said that I think the appointment is borderline unconstitutional. But, why put forward a nominee, that most unbiased people would agree is well qualified, when people will call him 'Dr. Death.' I'm not defending it, just pointing our your complacency in causing these problems.

Most unbiased people? LMAO Ok, whatever you say,

Most unbiased people don't want their health care rationed and their wealth redistributed and to model British health care.

If the colorful remark I made on an internet message board is a little too much for you I suggest that you grow thicker skin.

Oh, and yes, it is indeed an excuse.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Most unbiased people? LMAO Ok, whatever you say,

Most unbiased people don't want their health care rationed and their wealth redistributed and to model British health care.

If the colorful remark I made on an internet message board is a little too much for you I suggest that you grow thicker skin.

My skin is fine. The argument stands, though. When people make stuff up and pass it off as being rational discourse, debate suffers. Perhaps you should rush over to your other thread and talk about the BS you made up about your wife having to pay tax for her spray tanning?

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
My skin is fine. The argument stands, though. When people make stuff up and pass it off as being rational discourse, debate suffers. Perhaps you should rush over to your other thread and talk about the BS you made up about your wife having to pay tax for her spray tanning?

I made up nothing. The man will be in charge of rationing our health care. He is on record stating his opinions of such as well.

And now I'm lying about my wife having to pay the tax? You sure are about an assuming little one aren't you? You can belive what you want but I would have no reason to make up something like that. Perhaps next time she goes I will have her save the reciept and send you a copy? And yes, your skin seems to be fairly thin to make such idiotic accusations of me lying about that.

orange
07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
The Republicans need to grow up and get rid of that type of rhetoric. You'd never hear a Democrat say something like that.

Let's not play that game.

I hear Obama caused the recession as payback for slavery. Got any insight on that?

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:17 PM

Drop dead, scumbag.

Brock
07-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Drop dead, scumbag.

Get ass cancer. ROFL

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
I made up nothing. The man will be in charge of rationing our health care. He is on record stating his opinions of such as well.

And now I'm lying about my wife having to pay the tax? You sure are about an assuming little one aren't you? You can belive what you want but I would have no reason to make up something like that. Perhaps next time she goes I will have her save the reciept and send you a copy? And yes, your skin seems to be fairly thin to make such idiotic accusations of me lying about that.

You can either save the receipt, or tell the tanning salon he is making shit up. The choice is yours...

|Zach|
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Of course you do. It fits in with your narrative created in your fantasy land.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Of course you do. It fits in with your narrative created in your fantasy land.

K....:rolleyes:

Just like I made this up, right??

Woman gives birth on pavement 'after being refused ambulance'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207151/Woman-gives-birth-pavement-refused-ambulance.html#ixzz0t38hWiUb

And this...

The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html#ixzz0t38z1QX8

Perhaps you should get out of your fantasy land???

|Zach|
07-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Pete, rolling his eyes. The true mark of someone who deals with life like a teenage girl.

ROFL

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I mean, seriously...

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/24/news/economy/tanning_tax/

The tanning tax will go into effect July 1 and will apply to electronic products designed for tanning that use one or more ultraviolet lamps with wavelengths between 200 and 400 nanometers. Other sunless tanning options such as spray tans and tanning lotions are not included in the tax.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I mean, seriously...

I never argued what the law said. I said the tanning place applied the tax to their spray tanning as well.

I mean, like, seriously, for real, ya know???

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Get ass cancer. ROFL

I doubt it, I avoid the guys you are sleeping with.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Brick.

petegz28
Pete, rolling his eyes. The true mark of someone who deals with life like a teenage girl.

ROFL

Oh, you're so manly.

Still waiting for your proof I made up stuff.....:rolleyes:

WoodDraw
I never argued what the law said. I said the tanning place applied the tax to their spray tanning as well.

I mean, like, seriously, ya know???

Well, it's not called a tax then....

If Starbucks raises the cost of coffee, they can't pass that on to the sales tax that just got raised by half a cent. Stop making shit up.

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:28 PM

I mean, like, seriously, for real, ya know???

Grody! Grody to the max!

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Well, it's not called a tax then....

If Starbucks raises the cost of coffee, they can't pass that on to the sales tax that just got raised by half a cent. Stop making shit up.

No, it was a tax. JFC, whatever. I forgot you were there getting your weekly sunbake and know this for fact.

mlyonsd
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Name the last administration to not appoint a recess appointment during a recess lasting less than two weeks?

And I honestly don't know the answer to that...

Name the last administration that campaigned on transparency. (don't spend too much time)

I'm not saying Obama is circumenting the rules, I'm saying since the democrats wouldn't bring the nomination up for debate even though he was nominated 11 weeks ago, and subsequently appointed, transparency was avoided on purpose. To avoid debate.

It must be annoying for Obama supporters when they are forced to admit Obama is as sleezy as any other administration before him, and easily just another elitist hack.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Hillarious I get accused of making stuff up by people who have no first hand knowledge of anything yet accuse me of making shit up!!! That is fucking laughable.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Name the last administration that campaigned on transparency. (don't spend too much time)

I'm not saying Obama is circumenting the rules, I'm saying since the democrats wouldn't bring the nomination up for debate even though he was nominated 11 weeks ago, and subsequently appointed, transparency was avoided on purpose. To avoid debate.

It must be annoying for Obama supporters when they are forced to admit Obama is as sleezy as any other administration before him, and easily just another elitist hack.

Exactly. This is a no brainer. They wanted to avoid re-hashing the HC bill and prooving they are going to do what many accused them of doing and they claimed they wouldn't.

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Hillarious I get accused of making stuff up by people who have no first hand knowledge of anything yet accuse me of making shit up!!! That is ****ing laughable.

For those of us who take this shit serious, Woodraw is an asshat, so...

don't act like you just beat Germany in World Cup Soccer.

:D

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:32 PM
For those of us who take this shit serious, Woodraw is an asshat, so...

don't act like you just beat Germany in World Cup Soccer.

:D

Typically I wouldn't go there on him but he sure is acting like one in this thread.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Hillarious I get accused of making stuff up by people who have no first hand knowledge of anything yet accuse me of making shit up!!! That is fucking laughable.

It's okay, Paris Hilton just complained on twitter about here tanning tax too.

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:33 PM

"As"?

Hussein Osama is setting new watermarks that won't be passed for a thousand years.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:34 PM

I agree with that. I don't find it elitist or sleazy, but I agree with the Republican complaints. It's a poor decision. I support the nomination, but it should have been put through the Senate first.

petegz28

I'm glad to see you feel that her money needs to be your money.

The Mad Crapper

Ha ha ha! ha

F'n imbecile.

The Mad Crapper
07-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I agree with that. I don't find it elitist or sleazy, but I agree with the Republican complaints. It's a poor decision. I support the nomination, but it should have been put through the Senate first.

Of course you do, you're a moonbat.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:36 PM

So, on one hand you use my calling the guy Dr. Death as an example of why he shouldn't have had a hearing but on the other hand you agree with Republican complaints and feel he should have had a hearing???

ROFLROFLROFL

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Of course you do, you're a moonbat.

I think most people here that didn't join here last year would disagree with you. :)

|Zach|
07-07-2010, 07:39 PM
So, on one hand you use my calling the guy Dr. Death as an example of why he shouldn't have had a hearing but on the other hand you agree with Republican complaints and feel he should have had a hearing???

ROFLROFLROFL

I think it is another of many examples of with all the legitimate criticisms that can be made of Obama out there to work with some have a strange need to take it really far and make up ridiculous shit.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:39 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

You support representatives who call people 'Dr. Death.'? How about 'Dr. Dracula' or 'Dr. Cuthroat'?

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I think most people here that didn't join here last year would disagree with you. :)

You're sure coming off like one. I'm not calling you a moonbat but when you say the things you have said it seems you are coming off as one.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I think it is another of many examples of with all the legitimate criticisms that can be made of Obama out there to work with some have a strange need to take it really far and make up ridiculous shit.

What have I made up?? You keep accusing me of this but yet can't show me what I made up.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
You support representatives who call people 'Dr. Death.'? How about 'Dr. Dracula' or 'Dr. Cuthroat'?

How about when people called Bush a racist and murderer? I know, I know you didn't support the Dems when they were tolerating such did ya?

And what Rep has called him Dr. Death? I am not a Rep.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
What have I made up?? You keep accusing me of this but yet can't show me what I made up.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6865377&postcount=48

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6865377&postcount=48

Believe what you wish. They charged her a higher tax. Shoudl they have? No. Did they? Yes. See, there is what you say, there is the way it's supposed to be, and then there is the way it is\was.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:46 PM
How about when people called Bush a racist and murderer? I know, I know you didn't support the Dems when they were tolerating such did ya?

And what Rep has called him Dr. Death? I am not a Rep.

I haven't called Bush racist or murderer, specifically anyway. I think a lot of his decisions were shit, but I think he came around strongly towards the end of his presidency. I would call him misguided and incorrect, but no - never a racist or murderer.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Believe what you wish. They charged her a higher tax. Shoudl they have? No. Did they? Yes. See, there is what you say, there is the way it's supposed to be, and then there is the way it is\was.

Then blame them, not Obama.

Some guy last night brought me chips instead of a salad. I'm choosing to blame my neighbor though. That'll show them.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Then blame them, not Obama.

Some guy last night brought me chips instead of a salad. I'm choosing to blame my neighbor though. That'll show them.

I believe I already said in this thread that the law doesn't require it.

Yep, right here...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6865436&postcount=40

Now I will blame you for not reading.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I believe I already said in this thread that the law doesn't require it.

Before that you repeatedly said it was a higher tax though. And that was simply wrong.

Originally Posted by petegz28
And the tax isn't even just on UV tanning. MY wife gets that spray tan shit done because she was diagnosed with skin cancer and she had to pay the tax on that.

So much for not raising taxes on people making under $250k, again.

"she had to pay the tax"

Had to pay, voluntarily?

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Before that you repeatedly said it was a higher tax though. And that was simply wrong.

"she had to pay the tax"

Had to pay, voluntarily?

Yes, I did, because the tax on her bill was higher. What part of this do you not understand??? JFC! Get it through your head. They taxed her as if she used a tanning bed. Get it? Does that register??? She came home and first thing she asked me if the tax was supposed to apply to spray tans. God damn it, you're killing me already, Smalls.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes, the tax on her bill was higher. What part of this do you not understand??? JFC! Get it through your head. They taxed her as if she used a tanning bed. Get it? Does that register???

That's illegal. Businesses aren't allowed to create there own tax rates. Either I am wrong on the rules, or you are.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
That's illegal. Businesses aren't allowed to create there own tax rates. Either I am wrong on the rules, or you are.

Or they fucked up. God damn, man, are you really this dense?

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Or they fucked up. God damn, man, are you really this dense?

I don't care if they fucked up; they're still wrong. You made a point based on bogus reasoning and won't admit it.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't care if they ****ed up; they're still wrong. You made a point based on bogus reasoning and won't admit it.

You suffer from a lack of reading skills. Go back and read my posts.

WoodDraw
07-07-2010, 09:48 PM
You suffer from a lack of reading skills. Go back and read my posts.

Okay, show me where you said your wife didn't get taxed extra based on Obama, before I said you were wrong.

petegz28
07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Okay, show me where you said your wife didn't get taxed extra based on Obama, before I said you were wrong.

Go
back
and
read

I even gave you a link to the post several posts ago.

The Mad Crapper
07-08-2010, 08:13 AM

You support Berwick, you are a moonbat. Period.

The Mad Crapper
07-15-2010, 05:27 PM
July 15, 2010
Donald Berwick Won't Be Subjected to His Own Healthcare Rationing
Posted by Van Helsing at July 15, 2010 10:42 AM

How could even power-mad bureaucrats advocate socialized medicine? Don't they know that they'll need healthcare themselves one day? The answer — the death panels are for us peasants, not for our collectivist rulers:

Donald Berwick, recess-appointed by President Obama to head Medicare and Medicaid, is a well-known advocate of health care rationing and admirer of Britain's National Health Service. Rising health costs and limited resources "require decisions about who will have access to care and the extent of their coverage," Berwick wrote in 1999.

Last year, he said, "The decision is not whether or not we will ration care — the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open." Of the NHS, Berwick says simply, "I love it," adding that it is "one of the great human health care endeavors on earth."

As it turns out, Berwick himself does not have to deal with the anxieties created by limited access to care and the extent of coverage. In a special benefit conferred on him by the board of directors of the Institute for Health Care Improvement, a nonprofit health care charitable organization he created and which he served as chief executive officer, Berwick and his wife will have health coverage "from retirement until death."

It's good to be one of the kings — at least until someone sharpens up a guillotine.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...berwick-1.html

Oucho Cinco
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM

Just like I made this up, right??

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Woman gives birth on pavement 'after being refused ambulance'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0t38hWiUb (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207151/Woman-gives-birth-pavement-refused-ambulance.html#ixzz0t38hWiUb) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
And this...

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0t38z1QX8 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209034/The-babies-born-hospital-corridors-Bed-shortage-forces-4-000-mothers-birth-lifts-offices-hospital-toilets.html#ixzz0t38z1QX8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Perhaps you should get out of your fantasy land???

ROFL

You take one thing and react like a little girl and ignore the part of his post that has merit? What fucking world do you live in?