PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So are you going to pay for your Chiefs news?

chop
07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Starting Aug. 1st Gretz will be charging for "premium" news. Are any of you going to pay to read what he has to say? He is one of the better Chiefs reporters out there right now. It's $25 before Aug. 1st, $35 after.

Ebolapox
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
hell no. it'll filter its way here sooner rather than later.

Sure-Oz
07-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Fuck No

gblowfish
07-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm sure he'll accept a box of Little Debbie, dealers choice.

milkman
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I miss Ivan Carter.

DeezNutz
07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Nick Gretz can shuv itt.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
$25 for the entire season is a complete steal.

And I hate to say it, but a much better deal than WPI.

notorious
07-07-2010, 09:17 PM
**** No

This.

Plus it doesn't include the CP flavor.......

DaFace
07-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Am I personally? No.

Do I think Gretz has 100x better sources than Athan and is charging 1/4th the price? Yep.

Deberg_1990
07-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Uh..no. In the Twitter age, i dont have to.

booger
07-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Am I personally? No.

Do I think Gretz has 100x better sources than Athan and is charging 1/4th the price? Yep.

pretty much my take too

booger
07-07-2010, 09:22 PM
carl must have cut off gretz's allowance or whatever the rumor was that whitlock talked about.

KCChiefsFan88
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Only Wargarbage Illustrated bitches pay for something that you can easily get for free.

milkman
07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
carl must have cut off gretz's allowance or whatever the rumor was that whitlock talked about.

Since Carl was fired, Gretz has been released from all of his Chiefs related jobs.

How's he been making a living since?

Dude's gotta eat.

Anyong Bluth
07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I'd think he'd get more $ from keeping it free & ad supported vs killing a lot of traffic? Or, is he doing both free & premium content? He does a better job than anyone else for the most part, I guess, but that just shows how pisspoor the coverage has fallen. Unless he's expanding the # of features, I don't think I'll be ponying up for it, but I respect the man's decision to need some income for his time & effort.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
The one thing I will say...i wish someone else besides Gretz wrote for his site. It needs another voice.

booger
07-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Since Carl was fired, Gretz has been released from all of his Chiefs related jobs.

How's he been making a living since?

Dude's gotta eat.

JW had some rumor in his column i think, months ago, that carl was paying for gretz's travel last year to cover the chiefs. something about that was the scuttlebutt going around according to JW.

i don't blame gretz for doing what he is to make it work for him. just making a joke out of a rumor that IMO didn't make sense to begin with.

Param
07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
No. wtf would I be paying for that I can get for free.........

DaFace
07-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I'd think he'd get more $ from keeping it free & ad supported vs killing a lot of traffic? Or, is he doing both free & premium content? He does a better job than anyone else for the most part, I guess, but that just shows how pisspoor the coverage has fallen. Unless he's expanding the # of features, I don't think I'll be ponying up for it, but I respect the man's decision to need some income for his time & effort.

I think he's doing a combo of free and "premium" content.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
No. wtf would I be paying for that I can get for free.........

What about when training camp rolls around?

Gretz has the best camp reports.

The Star's camp coverage is a joke. I don't know what WPI is going to look like this year.

Param
07-07-2010, 09:40 PM

The Star's camp coverage is a joke. I don't know what WPI is going to look like this year.

And?

I'm still not paying for sh1t I can read for free. Sorry

cabletech94
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
i just took a huuuuge blob gretz.
and i'm still not gonna pay.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2010, 09:52 PM
And?

I'm still not paying for sh1t I can read for free. Sorry

I don't think anyone will offer what Gretz will offer during camp for free.

BossChief
07-07-2010, 09:53 PM

formerdb will be at camp this year, from what Ive heard.

He has EASILY the best reports from ANYONE free or those that charge.

Not meaning to ring to ChiefsCoalition bell, but that is where his reports post first, not sure if they have gotten to the Planet in the past cause I wasn't here.

Rain Man
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Gretz has not yet apologized for calling us names back when Greg Robinson was fired.

booger
07-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Gretz has not yet apologized for calling us names back when Greg Robinson was fired.

DV's bawling episode that day was pretty embarrasing.

-King-
Seeing as how Training Camp is in St. Joe, I don't think as many people will need those little camp updates from Gretz and the Star.

milkman

He has EASILY the best reports from ANYONE free or those that charge.

Not meaning to ring to ChiefsCoalition bell, but that is where his reports post first, not sure if they have gotten to the Planet in the past cause I wasn't here.

Yeah, we have disussed his reports here in the past.

The problem with him is that he only spends a week in camp.

I do start checking the Coalition when camp rolls around to check when he's going to be there and to read them.

Farzin
07-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Good luck to him. Most people over the internet will post what he says. That's what happens with ESPN IN. I imagine if he reports anything important, it'll leak out.

Deberg_1990
07-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't think anyone will offer what Gretz will offer during camp for free.

Really?? Who cares about the struggles of some 3rd string TE thats gonna get cut in late August??

People pay for that crap???

Frazod
07-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Fuck him.

Count Alex's Losses
07-07-2010, 10:07 PM

But for how long, 3 days? He's never there for very long.

With WPI falling on hard times and River Falls out of the picture, Gretz's site is probably going to be the best place for camp reports this year.

WV
07-07-2010, 10:11 PM

With WPI falling on hard times and River Falls out of the picture, Gretz's site is probably going to be the best place for camp reports this year.

Falling on hard times is putting it mildly, take it from a paying WPI customer.....My subscription expires in September and it can't get here soon enough.

I think Josh Looney has the most access now, but I don't care so much about the camp reports now anyway.....just lost interest from lack of interest.

dirk digler
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM

What's up with WPI? Did they lose a bunch of subscribers?

milkman
07-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Falling on hard times is putting it mildly, take it from a paying WPI customer.....My subscription expires in September and it can't get here soon enough.

I think Josh Looney has the most access now, but I don't care so much about the camp reports now anyway.....just lost interest from lack of interest.

Apparently word is getting out that Athan is a hack.

Raiderhader
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Why in the hell would I pay for news?

DaFace
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
What's up with WPI? Did they lose a bunch of subscribers?

That place went to hell after GoChiefs left.

dirk digler
07-07-2010, 10:16 PM

I didn't know he left. Sorry to hear that gochiefs.

WV
07-07-2010, 10:18 PM

I wouldn't give GoChiefs too much credit, but his departure didn't help things much. Their downfall was when Herm was fired and CP left. After that Athan's lips were forcibly pried from their asses and all his "insider" info dried up (and I use the "insider" term loosely).

milkman
07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't give GoChiefs too much credit, but his departure didn't help things much. Their downfall was when Herm was fired and CP left. After that Athan's lips were forcibly pried from their asses and all his "insider" info dried up (and I use the "insider" term loosely).

You mean the Chiefs fired the janitor?

KCUnited
07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Shit's in St. Joe, hopefully there will be reports everywhere. Casshole looking good, Casshole looking like Casshole. Faux qb controversies everywhere you turn.

BigRock
07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
The one thing I will say...i wish someone else besides Gretz wrote for his site. It needs another voice.

There is some other guy on there from time to time. I never read what he writes, but it's there.

DaFace
07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I didn't know he left. Sorry to hear that gochiefs.

(It was a lame attempt at playing on the whole Phobia and CP thing, but yeah, you guys are right.)

LaChapelle
07-07-2010, 10:40 PM
University of River Falls Cheifs website was full of errs
but will still be missed by me -the photos were great
THe opening is there for Gretz to grab

GoHuge
07-07-2010, 10:53 PM
After talking to some people involved at 810 and Petro actually a Chief's employee with the "RedZone" show (or whatever he calls it) I think their Chiefs coverage will be about as good as it gets with them being the official radio partner now. You would think their coverage would go up and be better. Would be pretty stupid to enter into some type of agreement and not get the goods. It's in both of their best interest to pump the news out of there first..........or you would think. They at least have the ability to beat any print journalist to the punch. Guess we'll see.

Gretz is good, but I'm not paying for any "premium" shit whether it be Gretz, ESPN Insider, and especially not WPI.

KcMizzou
07-07-2010, 11:09 PM
There's no reason to pay for anything. It all ends up here on CP... usually within minutes.

RedNFeisty
07-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Hell, no, I will just come here to find out what he has to say!!

chasedude
07-08-2010, 03:39 AM

I gotta give GoChiefs credit. He had some good articles here and there. Working under that jackass was a curse I think.

Of course anyone with a keyboard and the intranetz think they can be a journalist over night these days.

chasedude
07-08-2010, 03:41 AM
As for paying for Bob's stuff? No... I'm sure if I don't find the articles posted here, I'll find them somewhere else.

I'm not paying for sporting news, period!

Count Alex's Losses
07-08-2010, 04:16 AM
As for paying for Bob's stuff? No... I'm sure if I don't find the articles posted here, I'll find them somewhere else.

I'm not paying for sporting news, period!

In my experience premium stuff rarely gets posted anywhere else.

bevischief
07-08-2010, 05:03 AM
someone on here will end up posting it...

Guru
07-08-2010, 05:50 AM
(It was a lame attempt at playing on the whole Phobia and CP thing, but yeah, you guys are right.)I thought Phobia only made wives fat.

charlyfreak
07-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Starting Aug. 1st Gretz will be charging for "premium" news. Are any of you going to pay to read what he has to say? He is one of the better Chiefs reporters out there right now. It's $25 before Aug. 1st, $35 after.

why would anyone pay to hear a dopes opinion?Or to get news that is available anywhere.....

Hays
07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Like everyone is saying, someone will post it. It will end up here or somewhere within a days time

jspchief
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
The latest news on a 6-26 team? I can wait.

Start being relevant again and I might start feeling like there's something that I can't wait to hear.

DaFace
07-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Like everyone is saying, someone will post it. It will end up here or somewhere within a days time

The general info, maybe. I'll have to step in if anyone's posting actual articles, though.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
The latest news on a 6-26 team? I can wait.

Start being relevant again and I might start feeling like there's something that I can't wait to hear.

Here's the latest news, free of charge:

http://www.walkoffwalk.com/cinema.majorleague.groundskeepers.jpg

-King-
07-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I wish i could see what the insider info that WPI has looks like right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
No friggin' way.

Otter
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
no