PDA

View Full Version : Poop ***Official "Am I fucked up?" Thread***

Buehler445
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Everybody has times where they think "WTF am I thinking?"

Mine happened while I was on the combine for countless hours, I couldn't stand to listen to radio anymore. So I switched to talk radio. I found some Dave Ramsey going on.

Let me preface this... Dave Ramsey does really good things and has an amazing program for those looking to become debt free. I think he is a genuinely good person who does good things, and really cares about his clients.

Anyway, I'm listening to his show. He has people on who have gotten out of debt. He talks to them about how they did it, what their circumstances are, and then congratulates them profusely. Then he has them count down and yell, "3-2-1 We're debt free." Then he plays a clip from Braveheart where Mel Gibson yells "FREEDOM!".

OK that's all good and well. But I've seen Braveheart and know what is happening during that clip. That's where the "Am I fucked up?" question comes in. Every time he would do that, I would associate getting out of debt with getting gutted after being tortured. I tried to justify it by thinking he was doing a good thing, but it didn't help. I still thought about being gutted and tortured every time.

Am I fucked up?

Are any of you fucked up?

luv
07-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes, but for completely different reasons.

Pablo
07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm fucked up. The shit that stays in my head and doesn't come out of my mouth or keyboard doesn't come out for a good reason.

Raiderhader
07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I know I'm fucked up. Never been right, likely never will.

Sure-Oz
07-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Being debt free is not torture, yes you are fucked up

luv
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm fucked up. The shit that stays in my head and doesn't come out of my mouth or keyboard doesn't come out for a good reason.

I know I share a lot on here, but you'd be amazed at the thoughts that go through my head but never make it out. I'm actually a very opinionated bitch.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I didn't see Braveheart, so I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

LaChapelle
07-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Hannibal Ilasco Rensselaer Spalding Withers Mill
Saverton Monkey Run Palmyra Hassard
Missouri Rand McNally E/F- 14 &15

Buehler445
07-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I didn't see Braveheart, so I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Have you seen anything you crusty old Nebraskan?

:D

Rain Man
07-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Great. Now whenever I hear Dave Ramsey, I'm going to think, "I'm going to get you out of debt. But first you're going to blow me."

Buehler445
07-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Great. Now whenever I hear Dave Ramsey, I'm going to think, "I'm going to get you out of debt. But first you're going to blow me."

ROFL

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Have you seen anything you crusty old Nebraskan?

:D
Hehe, I watch maybe one movie a year.

Buehler445
07-07-2010, 11:44 PM

You should add that to your list to watch.

How've you been? I haven't been around much.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
You should add that to your list to watch.

How've you been? I haven't been around much.
Isn't that like a western? Never really was into those types of movies.

Things have been slow for me lately, not much happening on the work front. I guess this is where I blame the economy. Other than that, shit's all good here.

Buehler445
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Isn't that like a western? Never really was into those types of movies.

Things have been slow for me lately, not much happening on the work front. I guess this is where I blame the economy. Other than that, shit's all good here.

Nah, it's a medieval war movie about the Scottish war of independence. Lots of violence and death. Enjoyable flick.

Fuck the economy. Hope some work comes your way dude.

Taco John
07-08-2010, 12:02 AM
All in all, I'm pretty awesome.

Buck
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
This should tell you how fucked up I am.

When I logged onto CP and saw the title of this thread I wondered to myself if I had started it.

Buehler445
07-08-2010, 12:25 AM
This should tell you how fucked up I am.

When I logged onto CP and saw the title of this thread I wondered to myself if I had started it.

After your thread today, there is no question you are fucked up.
Posted via Mobile Device

chasedude
07-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Think you've been sitting too close to the herbicides! LMAO

I know I'm ****ed up, mentally defiantly... adding a few tequila shots tonight makes it official.

I notice I tend to post alot when I'm tanked. I think I covered that tonight so far.

Count Zarth
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm definitely fucked up, and Chiefsplanet gets all the steam I blow off. All of it. I have no other outlet.

chasedude
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM

Crazy Heart! Watched it last night and I thought it was awesome. I'm not a man for liking country music but Jeff Bridges playing an old broke down, has been, alcoholic singer sold it for me.

I can see why he won the academy award, excellent performance!

Lumpy
07-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Ask me tomorrow. I'm currently too high on mood stabilizers to answer this question correctly. :D

chasedude
07-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Ask me tomorrow. I'm currently too high on mood stabilizers to answer this question correctly. :D

Found out a buddy of mine, doc just put him on Prozac. Ever since he quit drinking heavily he's been pretty Manic. I'm glad he went to see the doc, been causing some marital problems as of late.

I hope that's not the issue you're having? :p

Lumpy
07-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Found out a buddy of mine, doc just put him on Prozac. Ever since he quit drinking heavily he's been pretty Manic. I'm glad he went to see the doc, been causing some marital problems as of late.

I hope that's not the issue you're having? :p

Nah. I'm cool. :D. I hope I don't come across as having depression issues on here. Not the case. I'm just really fuggin' stressed and have an occasional anxiety attack. But I use this philosophy; When life gets you down, pop a pill or smoke a pipe. Sadly, I have no connections in dark alleys, so...

Props to your friend for seeking the help that he needed. Sometimes, life gets to be too much for some ppl and they have no other choice than to get help.

chasedude
07-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Nah. I'm cool. :D. I hope I don't come across as having depression issues on here. Not the case. I'm just really fuggin' stressed and have an occasional anxiety attack. But I use this philosophy; When life gets you down, pop a pill or smoke a pipe. Sadly, I have no connections in dark alleys, so...

Props to your friend for seeking the help that he needed. Sometimes, life gets to be too much for some ppl and they have no other choice than to get help.

Oh ok! I gotcha. Nothing wrong with a little pharmaceutical help. I've found Xanax are amazing little blue pills. I don't have a script for those sitting around so I enjoy the pipe now and then. Lately though been having to study for some tests so I've missed my little green, orange and purple haired friends.

Of course our paths will cross again someday so I don't fret it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? :thumb:LMAO

Lumpy
07-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Oh ok! I gotcha. Nothing wrong with a little pharmaceutical help. I've found Xanax are amazing little blue pills. I don't have a script for those sitting around so I enjoy the pipe now and then. Lately though been having to study for some tests so I've missed my little green, orange and purple haired friends.

Of course our paths will cross again someday so I don't fret it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? :thumb:LMAO

:shrug: Sure.

LMAO

Hell, it's almost 4:00 and I need to get up for work in 3 hours. :doh!: Insomnia sucks ass. Better head off to bed...

Have a good one! :thumb:

bevischief
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
I didn't see Braveheart, so I have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

how you avoided that? good movie but sad ending...

bevischief
07-08-2010, 04:26 AM
:shrug: Sure.

LMAO

Hell, it's almost 4:00 and I need to get up for work in 3 hours. :doh!: Insomnia sucks ass. Better head off to bed...

Have a good one! :thumb:

Better than spending the last several hours in the the ER...

big nasty kcnut
07-08-2010, 04:27 AM
i am but it's the source of my genius.

JD10367
07-08-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm occasionally fucked up. It depends on which personality has control at the time.

OmegaRed
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
OK that's all good and well. But I've seen Braveheart and know what is happening during that clip. That's where the "Am I ****ed up?" question comes in. Every time he would do that, I would associate getting out of debt with getting gutted after being tortured. I tried to justify it by thinking he was doing a good thing, but it didn't help. I still thought about being gutted and tortured every time.

Am I ****ed up?

Are any of you ****ed up?

After he was tortured, I didn't think he was being gutted. I thought he was being castrated. Am I ****ed up?

Rain Man
07-08-2010, 01:43 PM
I have thoughts that would make Idi Amin run screaming into the night. I write them on a little piece of paper that I keep under my pillow.

Pestilence
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
After he was tortured, I didn't think he was being gutted. I thought he was being castrated. Am I ****ed up?

No...he's being gutted. They're removing his intestines.

Stewie
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I have thoughts that would make Idi Amin run screaming into the night. I write them on a little piece of paper that I keep under my pillow.

Heh! Some people ACT on every little impulse/idea and are out of control. Most people cubbyhole those thoughts for the sake of everyone else.