PDA

View Full Version : Video Games XBox 360 or PS3

Alphaman
07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Chiefs fans and video gamers. I'm starting a DVD Rental/Sales Kiosk Business (simply stated, it's like Redbox). My first kiosk will be up and running in a couple of weeks (hopefully the 2nd will be following soon). One of the many differences between my kiosk and Redbox is that I have the ability to rent (and sell) video games.

From other owner/operators I've talked to video games haven't proven to be as profitable as one would imagine. That being the case I'm going to tread very lightly with them.

My initial video game offering will only have 1 title (Madden 2011). My question is this, which is more the more popular platform XBox 360 or Playstation 3? My suspision is that it is a half dozen of one and six of the other so I'll need to offer both. I would greatly appreciate your input.

As we get closer to launch I'll be happy to give a free night rental (good for movies or games) to all who'd like to check it out (the first will be located in Lee's Summit).

Another difference between my kiosk and Redbox is that I can offer local businesses the opportunity to take advantage of the traffic flow at the kiosk and going past the kiosk through advertising. There are advertising opportunities:

1) Static advertising placed on side panels with movie box art (customers scan the pictures to see what's available and see your ad)

2) Multimedia advertising on a 26" LCD television on top of kiosk where movie trailors will run.

If you are interested in advertising your business PM me and I'll get you more information.

Jewish Rabbi
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS A REPOST!

KCFANinNC
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Xbox can be hacked so many less games bought for it.

PS3 plays Blu-Rays,

Good lick with you business and please carry the Blu-Ray format,

bowener
07-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Xbox can be hacked so many less games bought for it.

PS3 plays Blu-Rays,

Good lick with you business and please carry the Blu-Ray format,

It can be hacked yes, but if you are talking about modding it to play burned games, then it can't go online, otherwise it is bricked. If you are talking about J-tag xboxs, they own the games but cheat.

Either way, it won't harm his sales, in fact, if more people hacked their box, they would probably want rental disks to copy them from...

Alphaman
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
HOLY ****ING SHIT THIS IS A REPOST!

Yes. I apologize. When I posted it in the other forum, I had forgotten about the Media Center Edition of the planet.

Guru
07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Xbox still has the larger install base. Go to any video rental store and you will see many more xbox titles than ps3 titles. Doesn't mean it is better but it is definitely more popular at the rental shops.

HC_Chief
07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Go with both. Ignore all fan bois... each side has them which goes to prove there are plenty of people using both platforms. By providing for both you are covering the hardcore (console) gamers' market. add the Wii title, and you are covering 99% of the console market.

GoTrav
07-09-2010, 08:22 AM
360 but I would try to stock some of the PS3 exclusives for sure. GoW, LBP, Infamous, etc.

Saulbadguy
07-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Go with both. Ignore all fan bois... each side has them which goes to prove there are plenty of people using both platforms. By providing for both you are covering the hardcore (console) gamers' market. add the Wii title, and you are covering 99% of the console market.

Yep.

You'd probably have more rentals of "My Wii Pet Shop" or some bullshit like that over Madden 2011.