Fritz88
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Twme0.jpg

Bane
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
ROFL

KurtCobain
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm going to go blow out Courtney Love's brain.

Detoxing
07-08-2010, 04:35 PM
CP Should have an anti-marriage forum

Fish
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Marriage is not a logical investment...

KcMizzou
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Unbelievable :shake:

RedDread
07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Women are nearly half the American workforce now. States really need to take a look at the alimony laws and decide if they are still necessary.

Sure, in the past when the male was considered the primary breadwinner in the house, these laws made sense. Someone give me a legitimate explanation as to why these laws still exist.

Pestilence
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
If that was my wife......she'd go missing and they'd never find her.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
NSFW Language

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXJJFT9GZwY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXJJFT9GZwY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Absolutely sickening.

PunkinDrublic
07-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Marriage is not a logical investment...

If you're a woman it is. There's a huge financial incentive for women to get divorced.

Detoxing
07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
If you're a woman it is. There's a huge financial incentive for women to get divorced.

Never thought of it like that, but you are absouletly right.

DJ's left nut
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right.

When studying for the Bar, during family law stuff, we'd start by fucking over the husband and work backwards crafting law and logic as to how to get there. We were right better than 90% of the time.

No matter how the laws are drafted, the family courts exist to fuck men out of their livelihood and women know it. It's a sham.

Detoxing
07-08-2010, 05:15 PM
This is a great site BTW:

"My granddad told me an insightful story before my wedding. He said for the first year of marriage to put a penny in a jar every time I had sex with my wife. Starting in year two, take out two pennies every time we had sex. He said there'd be money in the jar when I died. I think he's going to be right."

phillip
07-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right.

When studying for the Bar, during family law stuff, we'd start by fucking over the husband and work backwards crafting law and logic as to how to get there. We were right better than 90% of the time.

No matter how the laws are drafted, the family courts exist to fuck men out of their livelihood and women know it. It's a sham.

Jeff Stake wrote a law review article tinkering with the idea of mandatory premarital agreements. The state could draft 5 or so choices and the make the parties choose one at the outset or craft their own.

I think it's a great idea to get over barriers to discussion: "Honey, I know we'll never get divorced, but if we want to get married we'll have to sit down and review these options or write our own."

Pablo
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Fuck marriage.

Forever and ever.

That is all.

DJ's left nut
07-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Jeff Stake wrote a law review article tinkering with the idea of mandatory premarital agreements. The state could draft 5 or so choices and the make the parties choose one at the outset or craft their own.

I think it's a great idea to get over barriers to discussion: "Honey, I know we'll never get divorced, but if we want to get married we'll have to sit down and review these options or write our own."

Holy hell, that's brilliant.

But you'll get bleeding hearts screaming "What about the Children" and presenting hairbrained hypotheticals and/or ridiculous outliers to prevent it from gaining any traction.

Too many professional divorcees out there to get anywhere with it.

RedNFeisty
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
That is absurd!

First whining about not getting to stay home with her baby? Yes, it is great being able to stay home with one child, but not three, she needs to think again, it is not a cake walk.

Second, the ex wife was being a cunt. I'm sure the ex husband could have fought it some how. A spouse can take up to 40% in Kansas. That is child support and alimony.

Third, woman 1, is a cunt. Of course her husband is distant. His manhood is being taken away since he can not provide for his new family. Bitch, stop your whining and help his fucking ass out, you stupid, stupid, fucking twit.

Alimony can go both ways. If I were to get back out in the work force and made more then the ex, I would have to pay him, if his lawyer is good enough to get it.

Greedy bitches, piss me off. Get up off your ass, get an education, and get a FUCKING job!! :banghead:

Rain Man
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM

That's a great idea. As things stand right now, men simply should not get married. The risks are too high and too likely to occur.

RedNFeisty
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Something needs to be done.

RedNFeisty
07-08-2010, 05:36 PM
That's a great idea. As things stand right now, men simply should not get married. The risks are too high and too likely to occur.

Sadly, if a man and women live together long enough and have children, the woman can still get him.

MahiMike
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
That is absurd!

First whining about not getting to stay home with her baby? Yes, it is great being able to stay home with one child, but not three, she needs to think again, it is not a cake walk.

Second, the ex wife was being a ****. I'm sure the ex husband could have fought it some how. A spouse can take up to 40% in Kansas. That is child support and alimony.

Third, woman 1, is a ****. Of course her husband is distant. His manhood is being taken away since he can not provide for his new family. Bitch, stop your whining and help his ****ing ass out, you stupid, stupid, ****ing twit.

Alimony can go both ways. If I were to get back out in the work force and made more then the ex, I would have to pay him, if his lawyer is good enough to get it.

Greedy bitches, piss me off. Get up off your ass, get an education, and get a ****ING job!! :banghead:

Will you marry me?

Fritz88
07-08-2010, 05:42 PM

Get married and have the majority of your wealth stored in a safe bank overseas. Never tell your wife about it. I know of a guy how is actually doing just that.

RedNFeisty
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Will you marry me?

Hell, no!! This bitch will more then likely be single until death!!! ROFL

But, thanks for the offer!

Oh, wait, you are in Florida....let me think about it!! LMAO

notorious
07-08-2010, 05:55 PM
That is absurd!

Second, the ex wife was being a ****. I'm sure the ex husband could have fought it some how. A spouse can take up to 40% in Kansas. That is child support and alimony.

Third, woman 1, is a ****. Of course her husband is distant. His manhood is being taken away since he can not provide for his new family. Bitch, stop your whining and help his ****ing ass out, you stupid, stupid, ****ing twit.

Greedy bitches, piss me off. Get up off your ass, get an education, and get a ****ING job!! :banghead:

Fuckin' A!

sedated
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
As things stand right now, men simply should not get married. The risks are too high and too likely to occur.

Every time I start to explain this to my GF, all she does is whine about me not loving her enough.

Rain Man
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Will you marry me?

You're not paying attention.

Rain Man
07-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Every time I start to explain this to my GF, all she does is whine about me not loving her enough.

Two can play that game. If she really loved you, she'd sign a prenup. And have her best friend over for a threesome.

sedated
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Two can play that game. If she really loved you, she'd sign a prenup. And have her best friend over for a threesome.

if you don't think I've tried...several times...you clearly don't know me very well.

Hog Farmer
07-08-2010, 07:32 PM
That's why animals make better lovers!

sportsman1
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Well I personally just got engaged a week ago. Damn! How did I miss out on Nomarriage.com before I made my decision?

KcMizzou
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Well I personally just got engaged a week ago. Damn! How did I miss out on Nomarriage.com before I made my decision?Heheh. Congrats!

(and good luck) :)

sportsman1
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the luck. Good thing is Mormon weddings have a 300 % higher success rate than normal. Insert joke here.. lol!

Brock
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM

The lawyers who make the laws for other lawyers will never go for that.

doomy3
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Terrible.

Lumpy
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Not all women do this type of shit.

~This message brought to you by Mrs. Gonzo.

Carry on...

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
**** marriage.

Forever and ever.

That is all.
Yes, because every single marriage ends up like this. :rolleyes:

Sofa King
07-09-2010, 07:53 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kEjVnkk9ezM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kEjVnkk9ezM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

NSFW

Sofa King
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
That's why animals make better lovers!

ROFL

Sofa King
07-09-2010, 08:09 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ztd8Z1qbJ0c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ztd8Z1qbJ0c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

NSFW

1adam1238
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
So, I'm cruising around the web this morning and find this thread. The funny thing is this: NO LIE....I got married last night.

Stewie
07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow! That website is really uplifting!

Marriage turns to crap no matter what you do. At best it's a tedious bore. At worst a living hell with financial ruin thrown in for good measure.

American women put up a "pre-marital dog & pony show" to impress you. Make you think you're in love. But once you sign the dotted line of marriage, BAM, they get fat, bitchy, cheat on you, and ass-rape you in divorce court.

Cave Johnson
07-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Read this yesterday, thought it was apropos. I should read the book.

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2010/07/07/so-what-youre-saying-is-that-no-one-should-be-monogamous

So What You're Saying Is That No One Should Be Monogamous?

No, that's not what I'm saying—and it's not what the authors of Sex At Dawn are arguing either.
The point of Sex At Dawn—and my point in drawing your attention to it (column, podcast)—isn't that monogamy is unnatural and therefore no one should attempt it and that people have license to break the monogamous commitments they made to their partners. And for the record: I'm happy to acknowledge that there are lots of good reasons to be monogamous or very nearly monogamous.

What the authors of Sex At Dawn believe—what they prove—is that we are a naturally non-monogamous species, despite what we've been told for millennia by preachers and for centuries by scientists, and that is why so many people have such a hard time being and remaining monogamous. I'm not saying that everyone everywhere has to be non-monogamous; the authors of Sex At Dawn don't make that argument either. (Lots of monogamists, however, run around insisting that everyone everywhere should be monogamous—and the monogamists get a pass because, hey, they mean so well and wouldn't it be nice if everyone were?)

The point is that people—particularly those who value monogamy—need to understand why being monogamous is so much harder than they've been lead to believe it will be. In some cases this understanding may help people find the courage to seek out non-monogamous relationships and/or arrangements and/or allowances that make them—gasp!—happier and make their relationships more stable, not less, as a routine infidelity won't doom their marriage/domesticpartnership/commitment/slavecontract/whatever. But understanding that monogamy is a struggle for most people, and being able to be honest with our partners about it, may actually help some people remain monogamous.

phillip
07-09-2010, 10:54 AM

Logically, by neglecting to create a prenup, all you're doing is accepting the state's default rules upon dissolution of the marriage. The problem is that discussing the possibility of divorce prior to marriage is unromantic and I'm crazy for even bringing it up. (I'm getting married in August, btw). "If you really loved me, you'd sign a prenup" didn't work.

If choosing from a list of options or drafing our own premarital agreement was legally mandatory, I wouldn't be an asshole for discussing it.

I don't think it's always the man who gets screwed. The trend is going away from spousal support. Women who stay home instead of advancing their careers can come out on the losing end. But either way, I think it makes way more sense for the couple to agree beforehand than to rely on the default rules.

alnorth
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Women are nearly half the American workforce now. States really need to take a look at the alimony laws and decide if they are still necessary.

Sure, in the past when the male was considered the primary breadwinner in the house, these laws made sense. Someone give me a legitimate explanation as to why these laws still exist.

Alimony is technically gender-neutral. It is rare, but men can get alimony. (usually woman has great doctor/lawyer job, man doesn't have much of a job, they decide he will stay home to raise the kids, 7 years later they divorce, man gets paid.)

Brock
07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Alimony is technically gender-neutral. It is rare, but men can get alimony. (usually woman has great doctor/lawyer job, man doesn't have much of a job, they decide he will stay home to raise the kids, 7 years later they divorce, man gets paid.)

Women are pretty pragmatic about prenups when it's suddenly their money at risk.