PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Iran woman escapes stoning death for adultery

petegz28
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
The authorities in Iran have announced that a woman convicted of adultery will not be stoned to death.

But it is not clear whether they have lifted the death sentence against Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, who has been in prison in Tabriz since 2006.

The 43-year-old had already been punished with flogging for an "illicit relationship" outside marriage when another court tried her for adultery.

There has been an international campaign to prevent her being stoned.

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague said stoning was a "medieval punishment" and that its continued use showed Iran's disregard for human rights.

"If the punishment is carried out, it will disgust and appal the watching world," he told a news conference in London on Thursday.

Under Iran's strict interpretation of Islamic law, sex before marriage is punishable by 100 lashes, but married offenders are sentenced to death by stoning. The stones used must be large enough to cause the condemned pain, but not sufficient to kill immediately.

Ms Ashtiani's lawyer and human rights activists had warned that her execution was imminent, after appeals for clemency were rejected.

In May 2006, a criminal court in East Azerbaijan province found Ms Ashtiani guilty of having had an "illicit relationship" with two men following the death of her husband. She was given 99 lashes.

But that September, during the trial of a man accused of murdering her husband, another court reopened an adultery case based on events that allegedly took place before her husband died.

Despite retracting a confession the she said she had been forced to make under duress, Ms Ashtiani was found guilty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/middle_east/10565103.stm

petegz28
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Again, notice the absent cries from the UN.

Brock
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
She was beaten with a whip 99 times? That is one nutty country.

InChiefsHell
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
She probably had coffee with these dudes. SLUT!!!

Saul Good
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM

She's got 99 problems but a stone ain't one.

ForeverChiefs58
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
She's got 99 problems but a stone ain't one.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL that was hilarious. I really laughed out loud at that one. awesome.ROFLROFL

blaise
07-09-2010, 05:19 AM
STOP BEING UNFAIR TO IRAN!

- Frankie

Iowanian
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Stop it! Don't you know Persians invented Algebra 2000 years ago!!!!!

RaiderH8r
07-09-2010, 01:36 PM

And have been regressing ever since.

morphius
07-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm sure they had a letter of disdain, without any real threats, ready to go.

Radar Chief
07-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Space aliens came down and taught them Algebra then said, “Don’t do anything until we get back.”

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
And have been regressing ever since.

Persians didn't invent Algebra it's was a Hindu-Arab discovery. Persians are not Arabs.

mlyonsd
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM

Third year Iranian Theoligcal school:

If Achmed has to throw 1000 rocks weighing 40 kilograms each to kill Sakineh, how many rocks would it take to kill her if each rock weighed 120 kilograms?

Show your work.

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 01:49 PM

I think their policy is they don't interfere in the internal workings of a country when it comes to things like that. ( Yes it's somewhat hypocritical.)
I mean I'm sure the UN wouldn't have done so, had they been around, when England had public drawing and quarterings, when woman had to wear gloves dancing with a man in the west so as to not touch his skin, showing her ankles was a scandal, or being alone with a man unchaperoned could be a 'cause to never be marriagable as she was ruined. Different cultures and times.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM

they only condemn isreal for trying to stop rocket fire. meanwhile hamas holds a soldier depriving him of basic humanitarian updates or visits that everyone else in the modern free world has adhered to.
I only hope when isreal, the usa, europe and the rest of our allies teach iran a lesson by knocking them back to bedrock we also take out hamas, hezbullah and the lawless parts of pakistan. I think that would be a good start.;)

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I think their policy is they don't interfere in the internal workings of a country when it comes to things like that. ( Yes it's somewhat hypocritical.)
I mean I'm sure the UN wouldn't have done so, had they been around, when England had public drawing and quarterings, when woman had to wear gloves dancing with a man in the west so as to not touch his skin, showing her ankles was a scandal, or being alone with a man unchaperoned could be a 'cause to never be marriagable as she was ruined. Different cultures and times.

hi. welcome to the current century. the current year is 2010. now go ahead and have a look around

Rooster
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Show your work.

:LOL:

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 02:42 PM
hi. welcome to the current century. the current year is 2010. now go ahead and have a look around

That's your excuse for telling the the world what to do? Sorry, the quest to rule others has been around since men have sought empires. That's pretty old...in fact it's ancient history.
Now should our govt also tell the Hindus who throw their babies in the Ganges river, whereby no one can interfere with a baby's karma by saving it....so it can come back in a higher caste
next life instead? I'm not saying we can't be disgusted about this or have an opinion but having our govt think it can do something isn't Americanism. I'm an American. You think your Napoleon
who thought he was liberating others via war.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 03:14 PM
That's your excuse for telling the the world what to do? Sorry, the quest to rule others has been around since men have sought empires. That's pretty old...in fact it's ancient history.
Now should our govt also tell the Hindus who throw their babies in the Ganges river, whereby no one can interfere with a baby's karma by saving it....so it can come back in a higher caste
next life instead? I'm not saying we can't be disgusted about this or have an opinion but having our govt think it can do something isn't Americanism. I'm an American. You think your Napoleon
who thought he was liberating others via war.

i have never advocated liberating through war or conquering anyone only because they live in the 12th century. only when they make claims of taking out one of our closest allies while building a bomb do i advocate doing anything because you can't have someone with 12th century thinking having 21st century weapons.

Frazod
07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Just wait, some shitbag zealot will be so offended over this that he'll slit her throat, claim it was Allah's will, and not even be charged with her murder.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Just wait, some shitbag zealot will be so offended over this that he'll slit her throat, claim it was Allah's will, and not even be charged with her murder.

don't worry buceye will stick up for him

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
i have never advocated liberating through war or conquering anyone only because they live in the 12th century. only when they make claims of taking out one of our closest allies while building a bomb do i advocate doing anything because you can't have someone with 12th century thinking having 21st century weapons.

Yeah well, they haven't done that. It was a Farsi mistranslation on taking them out and they is no hard evidence they're making a bomb. Even if they were Israel has enough nukes.
However, you supported NeoCon Condi Rice on calling out Iran on it's culture, which I admit is years backward but it's not our govt's business.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah well, they haven't done that. It was a Farsi mistranslation on taking them out and they is no hard evidence they're making a bomb. Even if they were Israel has enough nukes.
However, you supported NeoCon Condi Rice on calling out Iran on it's culture, which I admit is years backward but it's not our govt's business.

then why do you condemn isreal or anyone else? you said yourself it is not your business

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM

bullshit it is well documented exactly what he said and he said it more than once. if you believe otherwise you are in the ignorant mostly antisemetic minority. you are full of shit and i bet would believe anything that was anti isreal.

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Just shut up.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
no, he would never say anything like that would he? he loves jews and the nation of isreal. he is a sweet very kind person that one huh? you would prob deny hamas and hezbulah are run by iran too wouldn't you?
here he is delivering one of the hate filled speeches with a poster that says a world without zionism, the title of the damn conference was "world without zionist" where he gave a hate filled antisemetic anti isreal kkk hitler bullshit speech saying isreal should vanish. everyone knows. you are not fooling anyone.
http://www.iranfocus.com/uploads/img4361ac345af45.jpg

listopencil
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
England had public drawing and quarterings

Yeah, that's inhumane. Good thing it was stopped about 200 years ago.

...when woman had to wear gloves dancing with a man in the west so as to not touch his skin, showing her ankles was a scandal, or being alone with a man unchaperoned could be a 'cause to never be marriagable as she was ruined. Different cultures and times.

Well, golly. Let's ask Sakineh Mohammadie Ashtiani if being slowly stoned to death measures up to any of those "atrocities".

BucEyedPea
07-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that's inhumane. Good thing it was stopped about 200 years ago.

Well, golly. Let's ask Sakineh Mohammadie Ashtiani if being slowly stoned to death measures up to any of those "atrocities".

Once again, you take what I say somewhere never intended. My point is that there are many cultures that have not evolved to where we are. For gosh sakes, we've had the Enlightenment and 2000 years of ideas that have contributed to western civilization. The whole world is not westernized into our values. Some cultures still eat people even. They're just behind. Since we were like that once we shouldn't act as though we do nothing wrong...or in their eyes are perfect. There's plenty of things wrong with us today too. Like family breakdown, hi divorce rates, excessive promiscuity, excessive materialism etc. I'd add bombing weddings and civilians needlessly and just brushing it off as collateral damage.

ForeverChiefs58
07-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Once again, you take what I say somewhere never intended. My point is that there are many cultures that have not evolved to where we are. For gosh sakes, we've had the Enlightenment and 2000 years of ideas that have contributed to western civilization. The whole world is not westernized into our values. Some cultures still eat people even. They're just behind. Since we were like that once we shouldn't act as though we do nothing wrong...or in their eyes are perfect. There's plenty of things wrong with us today too. Like family breakdown, hi divorce rates, excessive promiscuity, excessive materialism etc. I'd add bombing weddings and civilians needlessly and just brushing it off as collateral damage.

you are really fucked up

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:17 AM
you are really ****ed up

Stop projecting NeoCon who can't articulate an argument ever. You're their kcnative.

Bwana
07-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Iran: Only about one step out of the cave, and to think think there are people out there that think it's OK for them to have nukes. :spock:

ForeverChiefs58
07-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Iran: Only about one step out of the cave, and to think think there are people out there that think it's OK for them to have nukes. :spock:

yeah no shit. people that think that is ok usually have their head up their ass on other issues also. example see buckeye

ForeverChiefs58
07-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Stop projecting NeoCon who can't articulate an argument ever. You're their kcnative.

shouldn't you be off volunteering to be a human shield or suicide bomber somewhere?

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Continue to take the neocon low road. Obviously, you can't articulate an argument.

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:41 PM

How can they just be one step out of a cave using stones, and have the ability to create a nuke? Sounds contradictory.

ForeverChiefs58
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
How can they just be one step out of a cave using stones, and have the ability to create a nuke? Sounds contradictory.

to you yeah, but only because you get confused easily.

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Did you say something?

ForeverChiefs58
07-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Did you say something?

the dick goes in your mouth not your ears my dear. you must be terrible at your job, you're doing it all wrong.:shake:

Saul Good
07-10-2010, 12:59 PM

I can hand a caveman an i Pad. It doesn't make him cutting edge.

BucEyedPea
07-10-2010, 01:43 PM
I can hand a caveman an i Pad. It doesn't make him cutting edge.

Nukes take cutting edge. BTW, why do you even care if they're backward anyway?

Pioli Zombie
07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Shove Iran up Bugeaters ass.

Bwana
07-10-2010, 05:03 PM

Not at all.

listopencil
07-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Once again, you take what I say somewhere never intended.

No, honestly the problem is that you insinuate and make vague comments most of the time. You show huge gaps in logic, and try to leave yourself "wiggle room" in every substantive post that you create. So when someone "calls you on it" you can claim to have meant something else. I took your comment where you never could have. To its logical conclusion.

go bowe
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Once again, you take what I say somewhere never intended. My point is that there are many cultures that have not evolved to where we are. For gosh sakes, we've had the Enlightenment and 2000 years of ideas that have contributed to western civilization. The whole world is not westernized into our values. Some cultures still eat people even. They're just behind. Since we were like that once we shouldn't act as though we do nothing wrong...or in their eyes are perfect. There's plenty of things wrong with us today too. Like family breakdown, hi divorce rates, excessive promiscuity, excessive materialism etc. I'd add bombing weddings and civilians needlessly and just brushing it off as collateral damage.so some promiscuity is ok then?

moderation in all things...

go bowe
07-10-2010, 07:14 PM
No, honestly the problem is that you insinuate and make vague comments most of the time. You show huge gaps in logic, and try to leave yourself "wiggle room" in every substantive post that you create. So when someone "calls you on it" you can claim to have meant something else. I took your comment where you never could have. To its logical conclusion.you naughty boy...

don't bring logic into this, it's much more entertaining the way she does it... :p :p :p

lostcause
07-11-2010, 01:01 AM

wow

ClevelandBronco
07-11-2010, 01:06 AM
wow

Stick around. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

lostcause
07-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Stick around. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is D.C. - Verbal

Frankie
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Persians didn't invent Algebra it's was a Hindu-Arab discovery. Persians are not Arabs.

For once the designated gullible on this forum makes an uninformed post that's positive. Then others just like him do the mandatory dance of the ignorant, and you have to come in with an informed post to correct them.

PARTY POOPER!!!!

mlyonsd
07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
For once the designated gullible on this forum makes an uninformed post that's positive. Then others just like him do the mandatory dance of the ignorant, and you have to come in with an informed post to correct them.

PARTY POOPER!!!!

Seriously dude, at some point you should make the case that your people aren't the Germans in 1936. Lip service doesn't count.

Frankie
07-11-2010, 05:50 PM
bullshit it is well documented exactly what he said and he said it more than once. if you believe otherwise you are in the ignorant mostly antisemetic minority. you are full of shit and i bet would believe anything that was anti isreal.

Would you post a link for all those time? She is right and, BTW, WAY more informed than you. I know your Gods, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck have kept this mistranslation hot for just your kind to react to and stay agitated, but you need to expand your sources.

The Mad Crapper
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
LMAO at flunkie's sig.

Frankie
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Just shut up.
no, he would never say anything like that would he? he loves jews and the nation of isreal. he is a sweet very kind person that one huh? you would prob deny hamas and hezbulah are run by iran too wouldn't you?
here he is delivering one of the hate filled speeches with a poster that says a world without zionism, the title of the damn conference was "world without zionist" where he gave a hate filled antisemetic anti isreal kkk hitler bullshit speech saying isreal should vanish. everyone knows. you are not fooling anyone.
http://www.iranfocus.com/uploads/img4361ac345af45.jpg

http://gmroper.mu.nu/archives/theresinstatdt.jpg http://melchettmike.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/devils-embrace1.jpg
http://www.president.ir/piri/media/mid/22575.jpghttp://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/nket.jpg

You know what? JUST DO WHAT SHE SAYS!

Frankie
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Continue to take the neocon low road. Obviously, you can't articulate an argument.

No!!!... REALLY?!

Frankie
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
the dick goes in your mouth not your ears my dear. you must be terrible at your job, you're doing it all wrong.:shake:

That's it. When you can't compete intellectually go Neanderthal on her. Bravo. Does your mom know you are so smart and witty?

Frankie
07-11-2010, 06:12 PM
LMAO at flunkie's sig.

Laugh all you want. I'm sure BEP does not agree with it either. But she is still one of the best read and informed posters here. In fact impressively so. You, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. Yes, laugh it up clown. Your posts are what the rest of us laugh at.

Brock
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
BEP doesn't like you swarthy types, so you may as well give it up.

SDChiefs
07-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Israel is allowed to have nukes. Iran is not.

Saul Good
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Laugh all you want. I'm sure BEP does not agree with it either. But she is still one of the best read and informed posters here. In fact impressively so. You, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. Yes, laugh it up clown. Your posts are what the rest of us laugh at.

Just a casual observation. If someone says "you is uninformed", take it as a compliment.

Frankie should end his posts with "Ahmedinajad President na!"

BucEyedPea
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
BEP doesn't like you swarthy types, so you may as well give it up.

I like them as friends though! You left that out!

BucEyedPea
07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Just a casual observation. If someone says "you is uninformed", take it as a compliment.

Frankie should end his posts with "Ahmedinajad President na!"

Frankie is a liberal even by American standards. He does not subscribe to Islamic fundamentalism.

Saul Good
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Frankie is a liberal even by American standards. He does not subscribe to Islamic fundamentalism.

When it comes to liberals, especially in America, race trumps all. Just ask the 99% of blacks who voted for Obama. Obama President na!

BucEyedPea
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
When it comes to liberals, especially in America, race trumps all. Just ask the 99% of blacks who voted for Obama. Obama President na!

I don't understand what that has to do with the recent turn of the discussion regarding how FC posts soley by hurling insults at those he disagrees with?

Frankie
07-12-2010, 12:27 PM

And it has nothing to do with the conservative anti-little man and pro big business stance of God knows how many decades in this country. When you want to see racism just listen to Limbaugh and Beck and the rest of the conservative-revered icons. Or just watch Palin's latest video and see if you see a black woman in it.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Trust me, I do have a lot of conservative leaning values as well. But they do not include the Big Biz vs. the Little Guy scene.

blaise
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
And it has nothing to do with the conservative anti-little man and pro big business stance of God knows how many decades in this country. When you want to see racism just listen to Limbaugh and Beck and the rest of the conservative-revered icons. Or just watch Palin's latest video and see if you see a black woman in it.

I like how Frankie is so opposed to stereotyping of Iranians, but he'll just categorize conservatives as racist en masse.
"Don't unfairly judge all Iranian people! Now excuse me while I paint conservatives as racists."

Frankie
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I like how Frankie is so opposed to stereotyping of Iranians, but he'll just categorize conservatives as racist en masse.
"Don't unfairly judge all Iranian people! Now excuse me while I paint conservatives as racists."

Iranians have Liberals and Conservatives among them too. The latter is in power currently. So what's your point?

blaise
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Iranians have Liberals and Conservatives among them too. The latter is in power currently. So what's your point?

My point is that it doesn't seem to me that you're really that opposed to generalzations based on the actions of a few, but more opposed to generalizations about Iranians based on the actions of a few.

Frankie
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
My point is that it doesn't seem to me that you're really that opposed to generalzations based on the actions of a few, but more opposed to generalizations about Iranians based on the actions of a few.

Because the first "few's" actions get reactions of pretty strong support here. The other "few's" though leads to a reactions of ignorance, close-minded generalization and insult. I do not refer to your side with obscenity because I am fully aware of how unfair and out of line it would be. After all among conservatives ARE people of education and culture too. Your side, however, generally displays either a serious inability or radical disinterest to think in those terms. My rule of thumb: I never insult a whole people based on my disapproval of their rulers.

Saul Good
07-12-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't understand what that has to do with the recent turn of the discussion regarding how FC posts soley by hurling insults at those he disagrees with?

It has nothing to do with it. It was a gratuitous swipe at Frankie who pretty much just posts inanities.

Saul Good
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM

How am I supposed to find a black woman at a Palin rally when 99% of blacks voted for Obama? That's not on Palin. That's on the monolithic block who will vote for any black candidate with a (D) after their name.

BucEyedPea
07-12-2010, 06:58 PM
It has nothing to do with it. It was a gratuitous swipe at Frankie who pretty much just posts inanities.

I call that having no stones.

Saul Good
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
I call that having no stones.

Admitting exactly what I was doing? That's stand-up behavior if you ask me.

BucEyedPea
07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Admitting exactly what I was doing? That's stand-up behavior if you ask me.

No for taking a gratuitous swipe. But yeah, admitting but not as in feeling any shame more like being proud of it.

Actually, I just wanted to use that word because of the thread title. It was meant to be a pun. Tongue n' cheek that is.

Saul Good
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
No for taking a gratuitous swipe. But yeah, admitting but not as in feeling any shame more like being proud of it.

Actually, I just wanted to use that word because of the thread title. It was meant to be a pun. Tongue n' cheek that is.

I like that game too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/daRC0sQj5fw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/daRC0sQj5fw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Frankie
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM

The perception of "inanities" are subject to one's beliefs and biases. You consider my POVs "inanities" and I consider a lot of yours and your side's the same. Then I watch political programs on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox and see the programs that lean to my side have guests who are Pulitzer Prize winning thinkers and Newsmen, Nobel Prize winning economists and scientists and well respected military figures and professors from highly recognized educational institutions, while Fox's programs are littered with guest "experts" and mental giants such as fundamental religious nut Sara Palin, Michelle Bachmann, and Ted Nugent, and ex-convicts Ollie North and Gordon Liddy. This is when I smile in the comfort that my "inanities" are way better than yours.