PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NBA 2K11 MJ Cover

Priest31kc
07-09-2010, 01:26 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/ga/buzz/feature/vg28/nba2k11-mj_239x375.jpg

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/michael-jordan-is-quot-the-greatest-of-all-time-quot-on-nba-2k11-cover/1404576

Michael Jordan is "the greatest of all time" on NBA 2K11 cover

While King LeBron James rules the NBA free agent market, another member of NBA royalty is enjoying some time in the spotlight this week.

2K Sports has unveiled the cover art for its upcoming b-ball sim NBA 2K 11, which features the famously flapping tongue of none other than six-time NBA champ Michael Jordan.

"We knew as soon as we signed Jordan that we needed to do something special for the cover," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This could possibly be the most highly anticipated cover art in the history of sports games and we think the image we came up with delivers on every front."

Most anticipated ever? I imagine Madden would disagree, but you gotta admit, seeing His Airness in stylized triplicate is pretty awesome. Playing him in NBA 2K 11 will likely be awesome as well, although exactly how he'll be integrated into the game is anybody's guess -- including Michael's.

"It's exciting to see it all come together," he said in a release. "I am looking forward to seeing the final product, but my kids might have to give me some lessons."

Jordan isn't the only retired ballplayer to make some noise in video game circles recently. Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown has appealed a dismissed suit against game maker EA, whom Brown claims used his likeness without permission in the Madden games.

Von Dumbass
07-09-2010, 02:17 AM
I will buy this just because MJ is on the cover.

CrazyPhuD
07-09-2010, 02:22 AM
The title should have been.

'Hail to the King.....Bitch....'

GoTrav
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM
I will buy this just because MJ is on the cover.

same, can't wait for this. first NBA game I will buy in a long time