PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NT anyone? Price-Brent shows off talent for 18 teams

T-post Tom
07-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Maybe some depth with upside?

Price-Brent shows off talent for 18 teams

With the supplemental draft just over a week away, Illinois DT Joshua Price-Brent worked out for 18 teams Wednesday.

The workout took place outside on FieldTurf at the University of Illinois with four teams San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans and Detroit sending their personnel directors.

Despite the humid conditions, Price-Brent had what was described as a very good work out.

Price-Brent measured in at 6-foot-1 and 321 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash twice, each time clocking in at 5.38 seconds. He did 22 reps on the bench press to go with a 29-inch vertical jump.

He had an 8-foot, 10-inch broad jump, a 7.71-second three-cone drill and a 4.74-second short shuttle.

The supplemental draft will take place on July 15.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/07/price-brent-shows-off-talent-for-18-teams/

Phobia
07-09-2010, 06:55 AM
I hope his husband was there to witness the incredible feats of strength.

Sofa King
07-09-2010, 07:23 AM

ROFL

Messier
07-09-2010, 07:37 AM

They're separated now. It's kind of a touchy subject, but he's keeping the hyphen for professional reasons.

Swanman
07-09-2010, 07:40 AM
That's weird, he never went with the hyphenated name in college. He was a kid with a ton of potential that had nothing but problems. He was suspended twice (once for alleged drug abuse). He is a big boy, but would get pushed around fairly easily for a guy his size. If he could get coached up and focused, he could be a beast. But based on what I saw of him at Illinois, I don't see that happening.

CoMoChief
07-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Chiefs need Brock Lesnar.

He could probably play any position

TrebMaxx
07-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I don't think he fits the "right 53" train of thought.

Joshua Price-Brent - DT, Illinois

The 6'2" 330 lb Illinois defender was ranked as a top 150 player in this year's draft pool, but was declared academically ineligible and therefore barred from entering the draft. During his senior year, Price-Brent accumulated 29 tackles and three sacks while starting all twelve games. He could garner a fourth or fifth round pick from teams willing to take a chance on him, but be warned: he has a history of disciplinary problems and a DUI to boot.

Renegade
07-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Chiefs need Brock Lesnar.

He could probably play any position

So is Brock the new Chuck?

CoMoChief
07-09-2010, 08:04 AM
So is Brock the new Chuck?

LOL

I'm not sure....

If they fought that'd be a whole new level of world-wide destruction.

OnTheWarpath58
07-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't think he fits the "right 53" train of thought.

Joshua Price-Brent - DT, Illinois

The 6'2" 330 lb Illinois defender was ranked as a top 150 player in this year's draft pool, but was declared academically ineligible and therefore barred from entering the draft. During his senior year, Price-Brent accumulated 29 tackles and three sacks while starting all twelve games. He could garner a fourth or fifth round pick from teams willing to take a chance on him, but be warned: he has a history of disciplinary problems and a DUI to boot.

Apparently Pioli doesn't care about DT's with issues. Shaun Smith isn't exactly a choir boy.

Sully
07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Nate Hobgood-Chittick

... Just because his name is a plethora of giggles.

Ebolapox
07-09-2010, 08:19 AM
LOL

I'm not sure....

If they fought that'd be a whole new level of world-wide destruction.

they DID fight before. world war II didn't just start itself, you know.