PDA

View Full Version : Life God I needed a good laugh!

Over-Head
07-09-2010, 09:36 AM
And sure got it reading my email this morning.

As most know, i'm pushing some retarded hours making up for getting the shaft from 2 general contractors last year.
Friday when things were looking great for me time wise on this currant project, I start having that "nagging pain" in a tooth I broke a year ago, and has not bothered me since the day I broke it. So I "man up" take a few asprines, and sopldier on!!

welllll

Monday morning I wake up and my face is swollen, head to dentist ,(tooth comes out on the 20th after the infection is gone) had a HORRIBLE week trying to work, and wearing my sanding mask Wednesday and Thursday for 5 hours certianly didn't do me any favors.

Last September I statrted a huge house for a private home builder/ tattoo shop owner / full time town cop / wannabe contractor (found out how multi tallented he thought he was after I started, by then it was too late)

Make a long story short, stiffs me for about $8000.00 after lieing his ass off, and ducking my invoices..
Work was started 10 months ago, I put a lien on the property almost 6 months ago, and have herad NO responce what so ever since the day I liened the property.
Now looks like this tool finally finished the house off, and his client is expecting to move in
Now his laywer is giveing me 4 days to consider a $2000.00 settelment.

Took me almost 5 mins before I could stop laughing hard enough to catch me breath!

God I needed that this morning.ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

nstygma
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
counter with $10k because of interest and legal fees

Dayze
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
counter with $10k; since you had to carry working captial charges this entire time.

Sofa King
07-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Burn the house down.

SLAG
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Antifreeze

Pioli Zombie
07-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm at Panda Express and this teenaged girl brought her younger sibs. This girl is georgeous,showing lots of skin,but its obvious she's only about 16 or 17. I know it would be bad to fuck her. Is it reeeeaaally that bad to just WANT to fuck her? I mean, its not an action.

stumppy
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Call him up and say "Yea, I'll take $2000 but you will blow me first".

allen_kcCard
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm at Panda Express and this teenaged girl brought her younger sibs. This girl is georgeous,showing lots of skin,but its obvious she's only about 16 or 17. I know it would be bad to **** her. Is it reeeeaaally that bad to just WANT to **** her? I mean, its not an action.

Worthless post.

RJ
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Doesn't sound like there's any reason to accept a dime less than the 8K you're owed. Fuck him and his lawyer. Good luck, O-H.

Bwana
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Now his laywer is giveing me 4 days to consider a $2000.00 settelment.

No shit? I would keep the lien on the house until you are paid in full including interest. Explain to the ambulance chaser that you're not a fucking bank, his math needs work and that he can kiss your nuts.

kepp
07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Doesn't sound like there's any reason to accept a dime less than the 8K you're owed. **** him and his lawyer. Good luck, O-H.

I'm thinking the reason they're trying to communicate is that they'll drag it through court. For a lot of people that is reason enough.

kepp
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
No shit? I would keep the lien on the house until you are paid in full including interest. Explain to the ambulance chaser that you're not a ****ing bank, his math needs work and that he can kiss your nuts.

So yeah, he can't officially sell the house until the lien is gone, right? Sounds like that guy is gotten by the balls.

RJ
07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking the reason they're trying to communicate is that they'll drag it through court. For a lot of people that is reason enough.

But he can't sell the house as long as O-H has the lien on it.

Assuming the laws in Canada are the same as they are here.

Bwana
07-09-2010, 01:39 PM
So yeah, he can't officially sell the house until the lien is gone, right? Sounds like that guy is gotten by the balls.

Yep

Bwana
07-09-2010, 01:40 PM

True

CrazyPhuD
07-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't tell him 10K tell him 16K. If he wants to be insulting so can you...

ottawa_chiefs_fan
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM

He has to get an audience with the Queen and request the sale of the house as a first step. That should create some timing issues.

Good luck, OH - my son is in the biz and there is NOTHING worse than some lying bastard stiffing you for hard labour.

DJ's left nut
07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
OH - is a contractor's lien executable?

My understanding was that technically the house could be sold, but it would be sold subject to the lien and upon sale, you can essentially foreclose on the home. At that point, you're the SR lienholder, you get your lien paid off (and probably atty fees) and the person that purchased the home is left really upset that they didn't get title insurance.

That's why you run title checks. If a house couldn't be sold with a lien on it still, the title check wouldn't be necessary (as you know, by nature of the house being sold, that the title is clean).

Or I could be a fuckwit...both are equally likely I suppose.

Over-Head
07-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Worthless post.
Why do yoiu think I have that fool on ignore?

Over-Head
07-09-2010, 11:50 PM
He has to get an audience with the Queen and request the sale of the house as a first step. That should create some timing issues.

Good luck, OH - my son is in the biz and there is NOTHING worse than some lying bastard stiffing you for hard labour.
Varies from provience to provience, but bottem line, hes out of lies, homeowners want in, and want answers.

Stanley Nickels
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I feel like I'm watching Holmes on Homes here. Over-Head, do you have that same accent?

Halfcan
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
:thumb:counter with $10k because of interest and legal fees

:thumb: Exactly

Over-Head
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I feel like I'm watching Holmes on Homes here. Over-Head, do you have that same accent?
Da lard tundernen jezzus my son!
Are ya after tinken all dis time dat me han Buddy wasezname Mikie would be after sounden' a like?
Da crackeln moses No B'y!

We Newfie's have an accent and dilect all our own and we know how to say more than "Unbelieavible" :thumb:

boogblaster
07-10-2010, 09:57 AM
12 gauge shotgun

Dave Lane
07-10-2010, 10:09 AM

He can sell it put the money in escrow and wait out overhead

God of Thunder
07-10-2010, 02:22 PM
just tell him you have a rich uncle in south africa, and that if the builder sends him $100,000 dollars, he guarantees to double his money, and then really stick it too him. Seriously though, my dad owns his own construction company as well, and if theirs a lein on the house, its my understanding that it can't be sold, whether that holds true in canada or not......?

RJ
07-10-2010, 02:28 PM

Yeah, but I think O-H can wait longer on 8K than the other guy can on whatever he sells the house for.

An assumption on my part.

Over-Head
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Basically yes, pay the court in trust, let the hojme owners have it, then wait me out.
Problem is, i'm already out the $$$ for almost a year, so waiting doesnt bother me much other than pissing me off that the "Legal system" sides more with the "Screwer" than the "Screwiee".
It really don't cost me anything to wait, meanwhile even though he wont pay me, he STILL has to pay someone if he wants to close that house..
. And comming up with that kind of coin is gonna be mighty hard for this peice of work when he can't afford to pay his crew on a good week.
:thumb:

mikeyis4dcats.
07-11-2010, 09:56 AM
dunno about Canada, but in the US you could also notify the IRS that he benefited by the $8,000 in work he stiffed you and let them go after him for unpaid taxes on it. I've heard that gets people motivated to settle up.

big nasty kcnut
07-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Well tell him if he don't pay you you'll sue him for the money owed plus lawyer fee.