Ralphy Boy
07-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Suggestions?

teedubya
07-11-2010, 02:46 PM
stay out of the water.

JD10367
07-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Drink a lot, eat conch, get laid, fish if that's your thing, and try to remember where you parked your car.

Ralphy Boy
07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Drink a lot, eat conch, get laid, fish if that's your thing, and try to remember where you parked your car.

Thank God for taxi's.

BigMeatballDave
07-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Never been, but aren't the Key's like the Gay headquarters now?

JD10367
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Thank God for taxi's.

The Keys are small. You can walk.

tyton75
07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Key West is fun.. but yes, there are a lot of gays...

try renting a scooter.. very fun

Spott
07-11-2010, 03:12 PM
What part of the Keys are you going to? Are you wanting to go fishing, diving, etc?

Ralphy Boy
07-11-2010, 03:16 PM

Was referring to the "drink a lot" quote above.

What part of the Keys are you going to? Are you wanting to go fishing, diving, etc?

Key Largo & Key West. Couple days in both.
No on the diving but I would like to go snorkeling. Fishing isn't really my thing though I wouldn't mind, I'm just not going to pay a ton to do it.

teedubya
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM

No on the diving but I would like to go snorkeling. Fishing isn't really my thing though I wouldn't mind, I'm just not going to pay a ton to do it.

Dude, be smart... that water is toxic right now. Stay out of that shit.

Spott
07-11-2010, 03:28 PM

There are some good reefs to snorkel at in Key Largo and Islamorada. If you don't want to go out on a charter boat, there are plenty of places to fish from shore, including off of many of the different bridges between the islands. Islamorada has some good places to get some food and drinks should you make it up there. Marathon also has some good spots as well as a very good beach. The 2 best beaches in the Keys are in Marathon and Key West. Duval Street in Key West is a blast and it stays hopping pretty much all night. There are a lot of gay dudes in Key West, but there are no shortage of single women there either.

SNR
07-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Lots of good beaches and places to eat and drink in Marathon. It's my favorite by far. Then again, I hate other tourists when I'm on vacation.

teedubya
07-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Corexit is good for the skin. It helps you live a long life too... and get a great tan.

I'd just hang out in the Gulf all day until you get prune fingers. Whats the worst that can happen?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcHh0dvpaHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcHh0dvpaHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WV
07-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Just be warned that when they talk about "being on Keys time" means nothing is fast and they pull the doormats in early! Except for Key West that is. Unless your really into drinking Key West just didn't do anything for me outside of a day. Been to Key West twice and stayed on Islamorada for a week and am a huge Buffett fan, but the Keys weren't really my thing. Very relaxing, but caters to very specific tourists.

NewChief
07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Corexit is good for the skin. It helps you live a long life too... and get a great tan.

I'd just hang out in the Gulf all day until you get prune fingers. Whats the worst that can happen?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcHh0dvpaHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcHh0dvpaHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You do realize that the Keys are nowhere near Pensacola, right?

Rain Man
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I always thought it would be cool if they would program the Florida Keys to make music when you stepped on them, like that piano in the movie "Big". You could run from key to key and play a song, and if there were 88 Keys a bunch of people running together could play a whole symphony.

bevischief
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Watch your back door...

and beware of those who buy you drinks...

DaKCMan AP
07-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Dude, be smart... that water is toxic right now. Stay out of that shit.

:spock:

I was in Key West 3 weeks ago. The water there is fine. Don't make statements when you have no idea what you're talking about.

NewChief
07-11-2010, 04:57 PM
:spock:

I was in Key West 3 weeks ago. The water there is fine. Don't make statements when you have no idea what you're talking about.

No shit. Florida really needs alarmist fuckers making even more people stay away right now.

MIAdragon
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM

The keys are 100mi long.

Key West is small though.

Where are you going in the Keys?

MIAdragon
07-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Not a big Largo fan, if you're looking to relax there is a small place on Long Key called Edge Water lodge. That's where we go to get away from Miami.

Rudy lost the toss
07-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Im a pure brick a blow, don't you understand me?

Donger
07-11-2010, 05:45 PM
stay out of the water.

Oh good Lord. Are you still on your "we're all going to die!!!" rant? If you're lucky, maybe next week (or the week after), you'll get your wish. All biological life in the Gulf will whiter and die. And you can sing a song (or something).

BigMeatballDave
07-11-2010, 05:50 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcHh0dvpaHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcHh0dvpaHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>Hey. Chicken Little sighting...

teedubya
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh good Lord. Are you still on your "we're all going to die!!!" rant? If you're lucky, maybe next week (or the week after), you'll get your wish. All biological life in the Gulf will whiter and die. And you can sing a song (or something).

It's called being wise to the fucked up shit going on. This corexit shit is toxic... the lab tests run are off the charts. It's certainly not a wish for this shit to be going down. It sucks epically... but no amount of candy coating is going to change things. This thing has been spewing for nearly 3 months... and the are pouring horrible toxins in the water.

The water tests in the Gulf are no good... I haven't seen tests for Florida Keys though... perhaps the current moves the oil and toxins away from them... hard to say.

I'd urge Ralphy Boy to go to a Home Depot and grab a filter and put it through the water...

it's probably not as bad as Pensacola... but tar balls have already made it to Jersey Beach... although it's undetermined if those are from their hair products or not.

NewChief
07-11-2010, 06:04 PM
It's called being wise to the ****ed up shit going on. This corexit shit is toxic... the lab tests run are off the charts. It's certainly not a wish for this shit to be going down. It sucks epically... but no amount of candy coating is going to change things. This thing has been spewing for nearly 3 months... and the are pouring horrible toxins in the water.

The water tests in the Gulf are no good... I haven't seen tests for Florida Keys though... perhaps the current moves the oil and toxins away from them... hard to say.

I'd urge Ralphy Boy to go to a Home Depot and grab a filter and put it through the water...

it's probably not as bad as Pensacola... but tar balls have already made it to Jersey Beach... although it's undetermined if those are from their hair products or not.

If the most you know about the spread pattern of the oil spill (or geography) is that "perhaps the current moves the oil and toxins away from them (the Keys).... hard to say" then pardon me if I treat anything else you say with regards to the spill with a grain of salt.

Al Bundy
I haven't been to the Key's since the mid 90's. But I would suggest that you refuse drinks from other guys.

NewChief
For those actually interested in what's happening on the ground and being seen on a daily basis, this is a badass tool:

http://map.floridadisaster.org/gator/

teedubya
07-11-2010, 06:13 PM
For those actually interested in what's happening on the ground and being seen on a daily basis, this is a badass tool:

That's an awesome tool. Great.

NewChief
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
That's an awesome tool. Great.

:thumb:

My family (brothers and their families as well) have had to weigh pretty heavily whether we're going to do our vacation to the Redneck Riviera or not. That is the area that actually is currently being affected by the spill. We've decided to go ahead and do it. We realize we probably won't be spending as much time on the beach as normal, but we want to spend our money and support an area that we've been going to and loving for a long time. It's heartbreaking what's happened there, especially if you're familiar with the area.

teedubya
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
If the most you know about the spread pattern of the oil spill (or geography) is that "perhaps the current moves the oil and toxins away from them (the Keys).... hard to say" then pardon me if I treat anything else you say with regards to the spill with a grain of salt.

No problem... the issue is, no real media coverage on this thing. Black out, you have to gleam information from many sources.

That shit in Pensacola is disgusting... and it pouring out millions of gallons... plus the Corexit, which I've done extensive research on. Plus, my sister has a Phd in bio safety... brother in law works for a company in Houston as a mechanical engineer working on this new cap design to be deployed this next week...

My sister had some words about the toxicity of the water... My Dad is a A+ rated water plant operator for over 30 years... and the word on these reports is the water is in horrible condition.

Take it for what it's worth.

Donger
07-11-2010, 06:21 PM

That is neat, but I think they need an hysterical screaming/crying woman icon (for certain of those among us).

Hog Farmer
07-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd wait till I get there to change the oil in the car since you can get it at the beach for free.

Hog Farmer
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM
No problem... the issue is, no real media coverage on this thing. Black out, you have to gleam information from many sources.

That shit in Pensacola is disgusting... and it pouring out millions of gallons... plus the Corexit, which I've done extensive research on. Plus, my sister has a Phd in bio safety... brother in law works for a company in Houston as a mechanical engineer working on this new cap design to be deployed this next week...

My sister had some words about the toxicity of the water... My Dad is a A+ rated water plant operator for over 30 years... and the word on these reports is the water is in horrible condition.

Take it for what it's worth.

Sooo..... what you're saying is that the water is loaded with oil but you can't really see it. I'm gonna have to say the only way to know is to taste the water.

Param
07-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Suggestions?

flying into miami and driving down? Cause it's a beautiful drive.

Ralphy Boy
07-12-2010, 07:32 AM
flying into miami and driving down? Cause it's a beautiful drive.

Yes.

bsp4444
07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Take the charter boat to the Dry Tortugas. It's about an hour and a half boat ride to Fort Jefferson, and you can snorkel out there. Most beautiful scenery I've ever seen We went three years ago and I've been trying to get back since. Best meal I had was at the Conch Republic.

Damn, not going to get any work done now.