PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Which is more boring to watch on TV?

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Golf or soccer?

Poll to follow.

bevischief
07-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Both. Unless Happy Gilmore is playing.

mlyonsd
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Like a plant starving for water I will watch almost any sport until football returns.

The other football, like oblong.

Reaper16
07-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Neither are boring.

ILChief
07-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Both are interesting if it's big time like the World Cup or Masters. Both are excruciating if it's some ho hum PGA tournament or a MLS regular season game.

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Neither are boring.On a gradient from most awesome thing ever to most boring thing ever, neither registers as even a tad more boring than the other? Both are equally placed at the highest "most awesome" mark?

Reaper16
07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
On a gradient from most awesome thing ever to most boring thing ever, neither registers as even a tad more boring than the other? Both are equally placed on the highest "most awesome" mark?
Golf, then, is less interesting to me on TV. But I'm not bored by golf.

TrebMaxx
07-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I voted for Soccer because I like to golf. Although soccer does have it's comedic moments with their Academy Awards nominated type flops. I don't know why but when watching soccer I secretly hope for a "near" contact just to watch the acting. Kind of like I do with hockey except I am hoping for a fight.

Bwana
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Both

Guru
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Easily soccer.

Rain Man
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Golf, definitely. At least in soccer people are running around and faking horrific injuries.

Buck
07-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Depends on if you are close minded or not. If you cannot appreciate the intricacies of either you'll think they are boring. A lot of people consider NASCaR boring yet it is our countries 3rd most popular sport.

Gonzo
07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I would rather eat spaghetti from a used colostomy bag then watch soccer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
07-11-2010, 04:35 PM
If I ever watch Golf, I'll be sure to let you know.

Sure-Oz
07-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Wheres the who gives a shit about both?

I'd rather watch soccer

notorious
07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
A lot of people consider NASCaR boring yet it is our countries 3rd most popular sport.

God help us.

teedubya
07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
the coolest thing about soccer is the sacred geometry of the soccer ball. In fact, I'd wager that that has part of the universal appeal of the game, subconsciously.

Soccer ball = truncated icosahedron

db105
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
I play golf but watching golf is boring. Nothing significant can happen on a given shot. Just like basketball where nothing matters until they've scored atleast 150 points. Atleast a goal is soccer has significance.

Donger
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Soccer, IMO.

Donger
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
God help us.

LMAO

Baconeater
07-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Any sport (I'm using that term loosely here) has its boring stretches, even football. But if you're a fan, you tolerate the boring so you can better enjoy the nuggets of awesomeness that are sprinkled in.

Predarat
07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of Soccer, Golf or Nascar, back in the day, the MISL wasn't too bad to watch though. The good old KC Comets, Wichita Wings, StLouis Steamers, Cleveland Force, ect. That was good stuff until the MISL folded and the NPSL took over.

notorious
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm not a big fan of Soccer, Golf or Nascar, back in the day, the MISL wasn't too bad to watch though. The good old KC Comets, Wichita Wings, StLouis Steamers, Cleveland Force, ect. That was good stuff until the MISL folded and the NPSL took over.

Sweet. I remember going to some Wings games as a kid. It was pretty awesome.

BigMeatballDave
07-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Soccer. Outdoor. Indoor soccer isnt bad. An outdoor soccer field is just too damn big. yay! Lets kick it up and down the field a 1000 times til some scores a goal. Snooze fest.

CrazyPhuD
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
The Lebron Show

CoMoChief
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
It takes more skill to play Golf.

It takes more athletic ability to play soccer.

Golf is more popular and followed more in the US because more people play it than they do soccer....it's not like I'm gonna ask my co-worker, "Hey wanna go play some soccer after work".

You can have anyone play pickup basketball games at your local gym....play in some work softball league or even play some backyard football, but if you havent played soccer or kept at it since you were young, more than likely you're not ever going to get into it.

It's just not a popular leisure sport here in America.

But Golf and Soccer are both equally boring to watch. I just happen to follow golf more because I like the actual sport better.

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2010, 07:16 PM
If I ever watch Golf, I'll be sure to let you know.ROFL Win.

milkman
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I would rather eat spaghetti from a used colostomy bag then watch soccer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy shit!

:eek:

I sure hope Lumpy has a healthy colon.

Al Bundy
07-11-2010, 07:20 PM
If I ever need to take a nap I put on golf...

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Both are like watching flies fuck.

Param
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
If I need to take a nap I'll put on golf.

Pablo
07-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I enjoy golf more all around so it's the more exciting sport to me.

I watch a good portion of today's final round and it was pretty fucking boring to be honest. I watched a good portion of the World Cup final as well and it was pretty fucking boring.

Football needs to get here quickly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I enjoy golf more all around so it's the more exciting sport to me.

I watch a good portion of today's final round and it was pretty fucking boring to be honest. I watched a good portion of the World Cup final as well and it was pretty fucking boring.

Football needs to get here quickly.

:clap: Truer words were never uttered.

Gonzo
07-11-2010, 08:08 PM
If I ever need to take a nap I put on golf...

If I need to take a nap I'll put on golf.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers....

NewChief
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Baseball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Baseball.

It's up there.

Fruit Ninja
07-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Golf sucks to watch. it can be interesting once in a great while. Golf is cool to play though.

KCtotheSB
07-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Baseball is 100 times more boring to watch than either of those sports.

RJ
07-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I like to watch golf when I have the time.

I'd probably like soccer more if I had a better understanding of the game.

I have no clue why anyone finds baseball boring but I won't argue about it.

If you think a sport is boring you probably shouldn't watch it.

Count Zarth
07-11-2010, 08:54 PM
That's a load of shit. You can score with every swing of the bat in baseball.

Every pitch, there is the possibility of a home run, or a great defensive play, or an amazing pitch.

Golf doesn't compare, and I've already exposed soccer as a boring sport in which the average world cup team has 9 chances to score per game.

RJ
07-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Baseball is 100 times more boring to watch than either of those sports.

100 times is quite a bit more.

Link?

thurman merman
07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
100 times is quite a bit more.

Link?

ROFL

SDChiefs
07-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I voted Golf but not by much. I would prefer to watch the grass grow as opposed to either.

Pants
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
the coolest thing about soccer is the sacred geometry of the soccer ball. In fact, I'd wager that that has part of the universal appeal of the game, subconsciously.

Soccer ball = truncated icosahedron

Pretty sure it's a sphere, brah. :)

Red Brooklyn
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I will always watch soccer if/when it's on. I do not enjoy watching golf.

Bearcat
07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Depends on if you are close minded or not. If you cannot appreciate the intricacies of either you'll think they are boring.

LMAO

Funny how hockey fans could basically say the same thing, yet they never do.... anyway, I think of golf on the same line as bowling and nascar on tv. Soccer is marginally better because it's at least a sport.

Pants
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I subscribe to GolTV and FoxSoccerChannel. I happen to enjoy soccer quite a bit.

RJ
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
LMAO

Funny how hockey fans could basically say the same thing, yet they never do.... anyway, I think of golf on the same line as bowling and nascar on tv. Soccer is marginally better because it's at least a sport.

Actually, just about every hockey fan I know has said something like that to me. And they're probably correct. I watch Olympic hockey but I don't think I've ever watched an NHL game in its entirety.

Detoxing
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
That's a load of shit. You can score with every swing of the bat in baseball.

Every pitch, there is the possibility of a home run, or a great defensive play, or an amazing pitch.

Golf doesn't compare, and I've already exposed soccer as a boring sport in which the average world cup team has 9 chances to score per game.

You didn't expose shit. You don't know what you're talking about so shut it.

RJ
07-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I play golf but watching golf is boring. Nothing significant can happen on a given shot. Just like basketball where nothing matters until they've scored atleast 150 points. Atleast a goal is soccer has significance.

Something significant happens on a single shot just about every Sunday in golf. How can nothing significant happen when so many tournaments are decided by just a stroke or two?

I can understand not enjoying golf on TV - I don't watch it that often myself - but I think part of the appeal is that a tournament can change quickly on a single shot. One ball in the water or in the trees can change a leader board immediately.

Bearcat
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Actually, just about every hockey fan I know has said something like that to me. And they're probably correct. I watch Olympic hockey but I don't think I've ever watched an NHL game in its entirety.

Well, whatever they say, it's not nearly as persistent and whiny as soccer fans... sure, a lot of people don't take the time to understand a sport they perceive to be boring, it's just that most hockey, baseball, golf, or nascar fans don't seem to care. For me, hearing people call hockey "soccer on ice" and go into every hockey thread just to say it's boring is more annoying than anything... people don't generally get their panties in a wad about it.

And as far as my own experience with both sports, I don't watch soccer so I can complain about it, I've watched the last couple of World Cups to understand it better... and all it's done is give me a better understanding of why soccer is boring.

As far as golf... yeah, I've never given it a chance. If someone wants to help me understand the intricacies of hitting a golf ball, go ahead (yes, I know there's slightly more to that, but come on...).

Saulbadguy
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Golf is instant nap for me.

Baby Lee
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Well, whatever they say, it's not nearly as persistent and whiny as soccer fans...
Does hockey have the same level of persistent and whiny 'its boring and gay' detractors?

Pitt Gorilla
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Something significant happens on a single shot just about every Sunday in golf. How can nothing significant happen when so many tournaments are decided by just a stroke or two?

I can understand not enjoying golf on TV - I don't watch it that often myself - but I think part of the appeal is that a tournament can change quickly on a single shot. One ball in the water or in the trees can change a leader board immediately.Part of the issue I have with golf is I don't have anyone for which to root. I'm sure some root for the best player, but that seems like a Como litmus test.

I root for the KC Chiefs & Royals and wish I could have added the Penguins and Sonics; KC was my local team representing where I lived. I root for the Missouri Tigers and UNI Panthers due to work/school.

Of course, that is only PART of the issue.

ArrowheadHawk
07-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Can we just extend the NFL for 30 more weeks.

Pitt Gorilla
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Does hockey have the same level of persistent and whiny 'its boring and gay' detractors?Considering it's neither boring nor gay, probably not.

Saulbadguy
07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Part of the issue I have with golf is I don't have anyone for which to root. I'm sure some root for the best player, but that seems like a Como litmus test.

I root for the KC Chiefs & Royals and wish I could have added the Penguins and Sonics; KC was my local team representing where I lived. I root for the Missouri Tigers and UNI Panthers due to work/school.

Of course, that is only PART of the issue.

Among other things, this is the main problem I have with any individual sport.

Count Zarth
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
You didn't expose shit. You don't know what you're talking about so shut it.

It's statistical truth.

The average world cup team has 9 shots on goal per game.

And that's an AVERAGE.

Good god, there are teams out there pumping out an exciting FOUR OR FIVE shots on goal EVERY GAME!!!

WOW!!!! SEDATE ME!

And actually, I just checked, and the average has dropped to 6.57. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. The world cup gets more boring as it goes along.

Here are some awesome, EXCITING stats for you:

New Zealand had three shots in three games this year. THAT'S RIGHT! ONE SHOT PER GAME!!! I hope those New Zealanders were enter-fucking-tained!!!!

Even if you count "total shots," which is shit that hits the post or never comes close to going in the net, the average only goes up slightly. We're talking maybe 15 actual "hey i kicked the ball in the general direction of the net" moments per team, on average.

So let's see, 90 minutes per game, 15 "hey i kicked the ball in the general direction of the net" moments....once every six minutes you can hope that your team might score.

Once every SIX MINUTES.

Christ, how the fuck does that even begin to compare to baseball (every 30 seconds), football (every 40 seconds) or even hockey (30 shots per team on average per game)?

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

Bearcat
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Does hockey have the same level of persistent and whiny 'its boring and gay' detractors?

Yes, but it's spread out over 4 years, so maybe that's the difference... hockey fans have just gotten used to it after 2 threads a year (the season thread & Stanley Cup thread) and are reminded enough that being defensive and whiny is useless, while soccer fans just revert back to the defensive stage every 4 years.

Soccer fans: Being defensive and whiny is useless. Remember this in 2014. ;)

CHENZ A!
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I find both golf and soccer entertaining. About the only sports I can't stand to watch are nascar, tennis, and figure skating.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
And hey, forget scoring. Other sports have shit besides scoring you can get excited about. Baseball? Holy fuck, great pitch! Or, look at that diving catch in the outfield! Football? Damn, he got laid out. Damn, great catch. Look at that perfect block. Hockey? Holy fuck, what a hit. I admit hockey can be boring, but hey, at least guys are almost constantly getting their ass beat. That's fun.

Soccer? No one is getting their ass beat. The majority of the game is dudes kicking the ball a few yards to the right, or to the left, or wherever, avoiding, retreating, advancing, retreating, constantly pinballing the fucking ball around.

BORING.

Maybe once in a while you get a dude kicking the ball halfway across the field, or a dude taking a ball off the head after it goes 40 yards (awesome), but those moments are few and far between.

Something awesome happens in football on pretty much EVERY PLAY. In baseball, something awesome happens in every inning.

Try this: go to a bar with hot chicks and a soccer game. If the hot chicks aren't getting more attention than the soccer game, it's a gay bar.

Now compare that to a sports bar showing football games, or baseball games. Dozens of people are riveted on the television, constantly. Hanging on every snap. On every pitch.

Are you hanging on every little limp-wristed nance of the ball around the field in a soccer game?

FUCK NO.

You're sitting there waiting for someone to actually get a shot on goal, which happens so infrequently, when one actually does go in, soccer announcers have verbal orgasms the equivalent of a 14-year old virgin, who has never masturbated, being double-penetrated by Peter North and his clone.

I'm not saying soccer is terrible, or without merit, or should be shut down. I would go to a world cup game just for the experience, to take in the culture of it all.

But to call it more exciting than just about any other team sport is a bunch of motherfucking bullshit.

It's got NASCAR beat, though.

Pants
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
And hey, forget scoring. Other sports have shit besides scoring you can get excited about. Baseball? Holy ****, great pitch! Or, look at that diving catch in the outfield! Football? Damn, he got laid out. Damn, great catch. Look at that perfect block. Hockey? Holy ****, what a hit. I admit hockey can be boring, but hey, at least guys are almost constantly getting their ass beat. That's fun.

Soccer? No one is getting their ass beat. The majority of the game is dudes kicking the ball a few yards to the right, or to the left, or wherever, avoiding, retreating, advancing, retreating, constantly pinballing the ****ing ball around.

BORING.

Maybe once in a while you get a dude kicking the ball halfway across the field, or a dude taking a ball off the head after it goes 40 yards (awesome), but those moments are few and far between.

Something awesome happens in football on pretty much EVERY PLAY. In baseball, something awesome happens in every inning.

Try this: go to a bar with hot chicks and a soccer game. If the hot chicks aren't getting more attention than the soccer game, it's a gay bar.

Now compare that to a sports bar showing football games, or baseball games. Dozens of people are riveted on the television, constantly. Hanging on every snap. On every pitch.

Are you hanging on every little limp-wristed nance of the ball around the field in a soccer game?

**** NO.

You're sitting there waiting for someone to actually get a shot on goal, which happens so infrequently, when one actually does go in, soccer announcers have verbal orgasms the equivalent of a 14-year old virgin, who has never masturbated, being double-penetrated by Peter North and his clone.

I'm not saying soccer is terrible, or without merit, or should be shut down. I would go to a world cup game just for the experience, to take in the culture of it all.

But to call it more exciting than just about any other team sport is a bunch of mother****ing bullshit.

Cool story, brah.

NewChief
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
And hey, forget scoring. Other sports have shit besides scoring you can get excited about. Baseball? Holy ****, great pitch! Or, look at that diving catch in the outfield! Football? Damn, he got laid out. Damn, great catch. Look at that perfect block. Hockey? Holy ****, what a hit. I admit hockey can be boring, but hey, at least guys are almost constantly getting their ass beat. That's fun.

Soccer? No one is getting their ass beat. The majority of the game is dudes kicking the ball a few yards to the right, or to the left, or wherever, avoiding, retreating, advancing, retreating, constantly pinballing the ****ing ball around.

BORING.

**** NO.

But to call it more exciting than just about any other team sport is a bunch of mother****ing bullshit.

I know you think that you sound clever or artistic or like you're on some kind of classic literary rant that people are going to applaud and congratulate you on... but really you just sound clueless.

RJ
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
As far as golf... yeah, I've never given it a chance. If someone wants to help me understand the intricacies of hitting a golf ball, go ahead (yes, I know there's slightly more to that, but come on...).

I think a big part of why I like watching golf when I have the time is that I don't understand all the intricacies of hitting a golf ball, despite the many thousands of times I have done so. But I sure would like to understand.

Interestingly, my mom and stepdad both watch golf almost every weekend, yet neither of them has ever played the game. They started watching because of Tiger and got hooked. My mom has never swung a club and stepdad has never been further than the driving range. I think they're probably a rarity.

NewChief
07-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I think a big part of why I like watching golf when I have the time is that I don't understand all the intricacies of hitting a golf ball, despite the many thousands of times I have done so. But I sure would like to understand.

Interestingly, my mom and stepdad both watch golf almost every weekend, yet neither of them has ever played the game. They started watching because of Tiger and got hooked. My mom has never swung a club and stepdad has never been further than the driving range. I think they're probably a rarity.

I hate to play golf. I hate the thought of playing golf. That being said, I love to watch golf on a lazy Sunday afternoon if I have nothing else to do. Just relaxing on the couch, drinking a beer, watching golf... it's very relaxing. I wouldn't call it boring (because I enjoy it), but I do sometimes drift off while watching.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Anyone who finds baseball boring has never rooted for a good baseball team.

Count Zarth
07-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I know you think that you sound clever or artistic or like you're on some kind of classic literary rant that people are going to applaud and congratulate you on... but really you just sound clueless.

I have watched world cup games. I have watched a ton of soccer live. My sister grew up playing club soccer. I am not ignorant.

Soccer is a boring sport where the moments of true excitement are separated by such great amounts of time that the only fans who actually derive legit entertainment out of it either have aspergers syndrome, are masochists, or just like to be elitist soccer douchebags.

Here is a soccer "highlight film." GOOD FUCKING CHRIST I'M BORED.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KH34h0BGr7s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KH34h0BGr7s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

NewChief
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM

I've never rooted for a baseball team, period. Just personal preference. Never really liked the game. I don't begrudge people who like it or think they're stupid or try to argue that everyone should find it boring (like some pricks want to do with soccer), I just personally find it boring to watch.

I also hate the way the way the season is set up because I have to hear all my baseball fan friends go from being really excited about the Cubs for like 5 months to completely hating life by the end of the season.

Bearcat
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
This is something I could watch... indoor soccer is cool (probably a lot like how the NHL All Star Game and 10-9 hockey games are cool to non-hockey fans, but I don't care)...

Comets bring indoor soccer back to KC
The Kansas City Star
More News

The Major Indoor Soccer League announced that the Comets will play the upcoming 2010-11 season at the Independence Events Center.

Mickey Scheetz, a long-time Portland, Ore., business owner and resident has teamed up with his son Ed Scheetz and Brian Budzinski to form Top of the Arc, LLC., the ownership group responsible for bringing the team to Independence.

“The return of professional indoor soccer presents a unique opportunity to give back to the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan community,” Ed Scheetz said in a news release. “We are excited to partner with the City of Independence and plan to work as hard as possible to provide a fun, family oriented, exciting sports product that gives true value to our fans’ entertainment dollar.”

The Comets will be the sixth member of the MISL, joining the Milwaukee Wave, Baltimore Blast, Monterrey La RaZa, Philadelphia Kixx and the Rockford Rampage.

Indoor soccer has been a big part of the Kansas City sports landscape dating to the 1981-82 season when the Comets joined the original MISL under the leadership of Tim Leiweke, who is now CEO of Anschutz Entertainment Group, which owns the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer.

The Comets remained in Kansas City until the completion of the 1990-91 season at which time the Atlanta Attack moved to Kansas City, becoming the Kansas City Attack and competing in the National Professional Soccer League (NPSL). The Attack changed its name back to the Comets for the 2001-02 MISL season and continued playing thru the 2004-05 MISL campaign.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/12/2077591/comets-bring-indoor-soccer-back.html#ixzz0tUfH9uQy

RJ
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I hate to play golf. I hate the thought of playing golf. That being said, I love to watch golf on a lazy Sunday afternoon if I have nothing else to do. Just relaxing on the couch, drinking a beer, watching golf... it's very relaxing. I wouldn't call it boring (because I enjoy it), but I do sometimes drift off while watching.

Agree completely. I really enjoy the rare Sunday when I have the time to do nothing but watch golf, drink beer and maybe nod off now and again.

WilliamTheIrish
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Agreed. And to me it's not even about how good the team may be. It's the fact that a hundred little things happen every inning that have an effect later in the game.

I especially enjoy that there is no time limit. 27 outs. And I've been in the stands to see close to a dozen games where the A's / Royals have won or lost games where they had leads of 6 runs and deficits as high as 7 runs.

I'll admit I'm not fan of shithead managers who turn a 2:50 game into a 9 inning 4:30 affair. But nobody really cares much for LaRussa anyway.

BigMeatballDave
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Anyone who finds baseball boring has never rooted for a good baseball team.Hell, I'm a Royals fan and even I don't find it boring...:D

Frazod
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
As I said in Jamie's soccer thread yesterday, I was at the inlaws and my FIL had the world cup game on. It made me long for watching golf, and I hate golf. Gah. I'd leave the room, doze off, and when it looked back at the TV, it was like I was watching the same minute of coverage in a loop, over and over and over. Nothing accomplished, nothing changed but the clock counting down.

I honestly don't understand how anybody can watch it. I mean, I guess simple-minded people can be indoctrinated to like anything, but even so..... damn. :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll admit I'm not fan of shithead managers who turn a 2:50 game into a 9 inning 4:30 affair. But nobody really cares much for LaRussa anyway.

ROFL...

The biggest problem with the perception of baseball are the interminable Yankees-Red Sox games where they take 30 seconds between every pitch.

Almost all NL games are in and out in 3 hours.

BigMeatballDave
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I have watched world cup games. I have watched a ton of soccer live. My sister grew up playing club soccer. I am not ignorant.

Soccer is a boring sport where the moments of true excitement are separated by such great amounts of time that the only fans who actually derive legit entertainment out of it either have aspergers syndrome, are masochists, or just like to be elitist soccer douchebags.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KH34h0BGr7s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KH34h0BGr7s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>LMAO Was there even a SOG in that clip? Seriously, I actually nodded of...

Pioli Zombie
07-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Yesterday made me long for the NFL Exhibition games to start.

Vette on Route 66
07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
At least soccer is non-stop action. If soccer is considered boring, baseball has to be similar to being stuck in solitary confinement.

Count Zarth
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
All those fancy moves with the ball....its like watching stupid pet tricks.

Count Zarth
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
At least soccer is non-stop action

So is NASCAR.

Soccer is NASCAR at 20 mph. Occasionally one of the cars blows up.

blaise
07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Golf is more boring. Golf just reminds me of some weekend afternoon when you absolutely can't find anything else on TV, and you just sort of doze in and out of sleep.

RJ
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
While some sports might hold my attention better than others, I can honestly say that I would rather watch any sport over about 95% of the rest of the crap on television. If it wasn't for sports I would seldom even turn my TV on. A rerun of a soccer match broadcast in Spanish between two teams I don't care about beats the hell out of any reality TV show ever made.

Bearcat
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
At least soccer is non-stop action.

Paint: Non-stop drying!

Bearcat
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
While some sports might hold my attention better than others, I can honestly say that I would rather watch any sport over about 95% of the rest of the crap on television. If it wasn't for sports I would seldom even turn my TV on. A rerun of a soccer match broadcast in Spanish between two teams I don't care about beats the hell out of any reality TV show ever made.

Yeah, I haven't paid for a cable in a few years.... and the really cool thing about soccer is the lack of commercials. The NFL sucks live, especially on CBS... if I'm not at a sports bar, with a bunch of other people, or at the game, I need a DVR to watch it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KH34h0BGr7s&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>
LMAO And a fine literary rant as well! :clap:

NewChief
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM

Oh shut up and stop feeding the soccer troll. :p

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh shut up and stop feeding the soccer troll. :p

Heh.

Reaper16
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Your misuse of "literary" is threatening to earn a neg rep.

KCtotheSB
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM

No....it wasn't.

Everyone's going to have their opinions on what's boring and what's not. Nobody's going to change their mind on what sports they find entertaining based on this topic. Personally, I enjoy watching soccer a shitton more than baseball and around here, that's obviously not a popular choice.

I know there's a whole lot more intrigue and strategy that goes on in baseball that I'm sure make the 15 minutes in between pitches breathtaking...but personally, I find C-SPAN at 3 AM slightly more entertaining. It's the same thing with people who equate soccer to kicking a ball back and forth for 90 minutes. Different strokes for different folks.

Pants
07-12-2010, 04:14 PM
No....it wasn't.

Everyone's going to have their opinions on what's boring and what's not. Nobody's going to change their mind on what sports they find entertaining based on this topic. Personally, I enjoy watching soccer a shitton more than baseball and around here, that's obviously not a popular choice.

I know there's a whole lot more intrigue and strategy that goes on in baseball that I'm sure make the 15 minutes in between pitches breathtaking...but personally, I find C-SPAN at 3 AM slightly more entertaining. It's the same thing with people who equate soccer to kicking a ball back and forth for 90 minutes. Different strokes for different folks.

Great post.

boogblaster
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
im sick .. and ashamed ...

Delaney37
07-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Golf...FYI the October 17th, 1994 Montana comeback at Mile High is on NFL classic games at 7pm CST :clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
No....it wasn't.

Mmmm...yes. Yes it was. And I repped him for it.

Ahem...

Reaper, would the good Sir enjoy a Midol with this evenings beer? :p

Reaper16
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Mmmm...yes. Yes it was. And I repped him for it.

Ahem...

Reaper, would the good Sir enjoy a Midol with this evenings beer? :p
Would the good Sir like to enjoy some wonderful, intricate, exciting soccer?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Would the good Sir like to enjoy some wonderful, intricate, exciting soccer?

Only if we're shit-plowed on Reaper's fine collection of beverages whilst Platinum Club-level strippers fellate us and feed us bacon.

:)