PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Wut?

Fat Elvis
07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
http://ap.cjonline.com/pstories/20100710/674491591.shtml

NM man set on fire after losing drinking bet

The Associated Press

LAS CRUCES, N.M. A 47-year-old man's friends set his prosthetic leg on fire after he lost a drinking bet, causing him to suffer severe burns to his buttocks and lower back. Dona Ana County sheriff's deputies found the man naked on the side of U.S. Route 70 with his prosthetic leg in flames. Deputies learned that the man and his friends were drinking Monday and bet that whoever drank the least would be set on fire.

The man told investigators that at six beers, he drank the least, and agreed to let his friends set him on fire.

He said his friends ignited his prosthetic leg, and the flames spread to his body.

The sheriff's office said the man took his clothes off because of the pain and his friends decided to take him to the hospital. But they got nervous and instead dropped him off on the side of the highway.

The man was taken to a Texas burn treatment center.

Let me get this straight. He is found by the side of the road, nude, with his prosthetic leg on fire. He winds up on the side of the road because his friends, who had orginally set his leg on fire, had decided to take him to the hospital but got scared and dumped him off on the side of the road. So they were taking him to the hospital, nude--and with the leg still on fire? Were they scared of getting caught, or were they scared of catching on fire while transporting a guy with a burning prosthetic leg? Since this was a result of a drinking bet, I wonder how many of them were sober enough to remember such a bizarre story....

T-post Tom
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
What!? No eel? And they call themselves "friends"?!

milkman
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Makes one wonder how that dumbass lost his leg.

Rain Man
07-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I think I would've made more of an effort to drink that seventh beer.

Baconeater
07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you'd think they'd extinguish the fire before attempting to transport him to the hospital. Or maybe they re-ignited it after dumping him because hey a bet is a bet.

teedubya
07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
this is a weird story. wtf.

Saggysack
07-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Alcohol is clearly a problem in society. Make it illegal. Put people in jail who consume and possess it for many years each. That will solve the problem.

Pitt Gorilla
07-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Bros burning bros?

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Alcohol is clearly a problem in society. Make it illegal. Put people in jail who consume and possess it for many years each. That will solve the problem.

I agree

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w_kJtyrbKew/SLO8HB5Z3XI/AAAAAAAACwA/HVZt6CrJcNk/s400/Robert+De+Niro+Al+capone.jpg

Saggysack
07-12-2010, 12:44 AM
I agree

El Chapo Guzman wishes to further diversify his present business model, senor.

Hydrae
07-12-2010, 07:19 AM
http://ap.cjonline.com/pstories/20100710/674491591.shtml

Let me get this straight. He is found by the side of the road, nude, with his prosthetic leg on fire. He winds up on the side of the road because his friends, who had orginally set his leg on fire, had decided to take him to the hospital but got scared and dumped him off on the side of the road. So they were taking him to the hospital, nude--and with the leg still on fire? Were they scared of getting caught, or were they scared of catching on fire while transporting a guy with a burning prosthetic leg? Since this was a result of a drinking bet, I wonder how many of them were sober enough to remember such a bizarre story....

Remember, he lost the bet by drinking the least. Everyone else was drunker than he was. :eek:

ChiTown
07-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Makes one wonder how that dumbass lost his leg.

He lost a bet............

gblowfish
07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
I LOVE YOU HONEY!!!!! - Rod Stewart

Otter
07-12-2010, 10:39 AM
The logic flow that played out from start to finish on this one is pretty amazing even by alcohol fueled, stupid people standards.

Fat Elvis
07-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Here is something amazing: I searched YouTube for "leg on fire."

There are 4,760 hits.

I guess it isn't as uncommon as you might think.:spock:

Here is a sample description:

Well in this video I pay my friend Zack $1 to slap me in the face. http://www.youtube.com/user/bitchface... Also I find a dead rat and hit it iwth a shovel, eat flamming potato chips, and set my leg on fire, my pants and skin did not get burned but somehow lots of hair from my leg got burned off.