PDA

View Full Version : Media Obama Makes Reporting on Spill A Felony

HonestChieffan
07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Obama Makes Reporting on Spill A Felony
Posted by Ron Robinson (Profile)
Monday, July 12th at 4:20PM EDT

http://www.redstate.com/elronaldo/2010/07/12/obama-makes-reporting-on-spill-a-felony/

Think this rule didn’t come directly from the White House? Getting within 65 feet of essential gulf recovery efforts is now a Class D felony with a $40,000 fine. Reporters have been thwarted again and again trying to bring us reportage on the Gulf situation. (H/T Tabitha Hale)

This was first reported on July 1, and I’m very surprised that bloggers everywhere have not picked it up days ago. Re-tweeting this one is not enough.

If we let this pass, then we are well and truly silenced whenever Obama does not want to deal with difficult questions. Why would we let 11 days pass with such direct WH control of the press? We need to speak out.

We need to make this into a very, very difficult question for Gibbs and for Obama.

We need to send them off an another damage control scramble.

Lucky for us, they give us plenty of material for that.

petegz28
07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
So, let me get this straight, we can stick reporters in the middle of a combat zone, attached to our troops, but if they go within 65 ft of an oil spill they are fined $40k???

HonestChieffan
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Only if they report that the oil spill isn't really as bad as predicted.....this may end up being the biggest scam ever.

petegz28
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Only if they report that the oil spill isn't really as bad as predicted.....this may end up being the biggest scam ever.

Well, Dear Leader did say his plan would have 90% of the spill contained by the end of June. I guess he doesn't want to show off the fruits of his efforts?

healthpellets
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
geez guys. it's a safety issue. Thad Allen said so. nothing to see here. move along. :rolleyes:

petegz28
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
geez guys. it's a safety issue. Thad Allen said so. nothing to see here. move along. :rolleyes:

Of course it is. Those reporters in combat zones are not in near as much danger, are they, Thad???

HonestChieffan
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Oil Balls attack Reporter Film at 11.

Safety my ass. Crude oil is not a danger to someone 65 feet away. Oil rig workers are exposed to it every day of their career.

The danger is that the predictions of doom are overblown, the habitat is not destroyed, the fish are not dead, and the bacteria are doing their job eating up the material far faster than predicted. That the billions of gallons of stuff is far less oil and far more natural gas and water.

The Mad Crapper
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Guys, guys, guys. There's an election in November, and dem's can't stay in power unless they continue to lie and suppress the truth. It's for the greater good.

BigOlChiefsfan
07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Commander Zero reminds us that WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!

CoMoChief
07-13-2010, 12:38 AM
It's Bush's fault.

go bowe
07-13-2010, 12:45 AM
obama id da debbil...

Amnorix
07-13-2010, 07:13 AM
So, wait. I thought the MSM were Obama's slaves, so why is this order necessary? I also thought the MSM would never do anything to hurt Obama becuase they were completely in the tank for anything good for Dems and bad for Reps, so why would this order be needed anyway?

headsnap
07-13-2010, 07:21 AM
So, wait. I thought the MSM were Obama's slaves, so why is this order necessary? I also thought the MSM would never do anything to hurt Obama becuase they were completely in the tank for anything good for Dems and bad for Reps, so why would this order be needed anyway?
the times, they are a changin'...

The Mad Crapper
07-13-2010, 07:32 AM

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Red_Square_Maksim_186.png

The Mad Crapper
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Obama Administration: Effective Reporting From The Gulf Is A Felony
President Obama has made effective reporting from the Gulf nearly impossible, which will now be considered a felony that carries a penalty of up to $40,000.

Lachlan Markay of NewBusters wrote:

Effectively reporting on the Gulf oil spill is now a Class D felony, punishable by a fine of up to $40,000.

That’s right, the most transparent administration in history has made it a felony, effective July 1, to get within 65 feet of what the Coast Guard determines are essential recovery efforts. According to Anderson Cooper, officials tried to up that number to 300 feet.
Cooper, who claimed federal officials prevented CNN on two occasions from taking photographs in the gulf, seemed frustrated when he reported on the new laws the day they went into effect. The press is “not the enemy here” he pleaded. The new policies, he said, make it “very easy to hide failure, and hide incompetence.”

Cooper also let loose this zinger: “Transparency is apparently not a priority with [Coast Guard Commandant] Thad Allen these days.” Ouch (full video and transcript below the fold – h/t Ron Robinson).

http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2010/07/obama-administration-effective-reporting-from-the-gulf-is-a-felony/

teedubya
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Amerika **** Yeah!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/SPAR116/NaziAmericanFlag.jpg

CoMoChief
07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Love how the clowns in the White House continue to run around in circles looking for someone to point a finger at.

thecoffeeguy
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Absolutely ridiculous.

What is the reason behind this?
What are they afraid of?
What do they NOT want us to know?

I feel like we are turning into the old Soviet Union.

Iowanian
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Hope and change....

transparency like we've never seen before.....oh.

noa
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
How does the executive branch have the power to establish a felony. Is that something that needs to be done by statute?

Fish
07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Personally, I don't care. Reporters are a serious pain in the ass, and are completely shameless scum when it comes to getting a story. I don't see what they're being prevented from other than getting directly in the middle of the clean up efforts. Paparazzi lowlifes have $10000 lenses that enable them to catch a celeb nipslip from 1.7 miles away, something tells me the reporters aren't hampered that much by some 65' rule.

lostcause
07-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Personally, I don't care. Reporters are a serious pain in the ass, and are completely shameless scum when it comes to getting a story. I don't see what they're being prevented from other than getting directly in the middle of the clean up efforts. Paparazzi lowlifes have $10000 lenses that enable them to catch a celeb nipslip from 1.7 miles away, something tells me the reporters aren't hampered that much by some 65' rule.

I agree. Without reporters and journalism this country would fuckin rule the world. Fuck those reporter bitches and everything they do.