PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Shit hits the fan. Again.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 03:30 PM
So I lost my job last year. I found a new job and rejoiced here. It didn't work out and I was let go about a month ago. It's embarrassing, and really my own fault so I didn't want to publicize it. It's bad enough as it is. At least I thought so................

My wife just got laid off today. We're officially fucked in a big way. Pray for us if you are so inclined, but PLEASE do not sticky this thread. I'm just wallowing in some self-misery right now.

Be thankful for what you have. You never know when it may get ripped away.

Jilly
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Mr. Floppy nuts, I will pray for you and your family. God will do a new thing.

Valiant
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Best wishes for you..

I would look at corporate temp jobs, should be placed quickly to help get by until you get a permanent/stable job..

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM

Thanks Jilly. I have faith, and my faith makes me an eternal optimist. Even in times of great trials.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Best wishes for you..

I would look at corporate temp jobs, should be placed quickly to help get by until you get a permanent/stable job..

I hadn't thought of that. That's really good advice. Thank you.

CHENZ A!
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear that. You will bounce back man. God will never give you more than you can handle. Just slow it down for a min and formulate a plan, you'll feel much better.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
One door closes and another one opens. Keep the faith and trust.

Cave Johnson
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
When it rains it pours.

Best wishes for getting through this relatively unscathed.

RJ
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Good luck, Flopnuts. You're a good dude. Sometimes bad things happen to good dudes, but eventually things work out. Prayers/positive thoughts for you and Mrs. Flopnuts.

RJ
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Best wishes for you..

Good advice. Lots of companies are going the temp route these days.

DeezNutz
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Dude, you've demonstrated so much personal determination in the past year that I'm not one bit concerned about whether or not you're going to land on your collective feet just fine.

I realize it's a tough period now, but hard working people don't stay down for long.

Frazod
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM
I've lost count of how many people I know who've been whacked over the past couple of years. Both my goddaughter's parents are currently out of work, and they're in the same straights you are.

Hang in there buddy. Something will turn up.

Detoxing
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
fuck that sucks. Good luck man. You and your wife will find some kick ass jobs and i'll be PM'ing you to borrow some money soon enough. /wink.

CoMoChief
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
I've seen a lot of my friends being whacked in the last couple yrs. Times are hard now. You seem to be a good guy, hopefully everything turns out ok and soon.

rockymtnchief
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Damn! My best to you, buddy.

Keep plugging away and keep your chin up.

El Jefe
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
You got it brother!!! In the mean time, watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyy7K0e__x4&feature=related

MIAdragon
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Done.

NewChief
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Dude. You're in my family's prayers. You're such an inspirational guy, I'm sure that life is going to turn around for you. In the meantime, keep working at the things you can control (your fitness), and try not to stress too much about the things that are out of your hands.

Pants
07-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear that, Flops. Don't stress out too much, something will come along, it always does. Posi-thoughts flying your way.

ClevelandBronco
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm on it. You're one of the good guys, Mr. Flopnuts.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
I appreciate all of you. I really do. I'm a firm believer that none of us get anything in this world that we don't deserve. I'm also a firm believer that if you get up every day and do things to the best of your abilities, good things will happen. We're going to land on our feet. We've been thinking about moving away from Seattle again, and honestly my wife will probably make more money in her next job than she did in this one. It'll all work out. I just needed to get it off my chest and find some encouragement. You guys never disappoint, and again, thank you. Sincerely.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Well **** me, I thought everything was well and good for you. It hasn't been a good year for Mr Bugeater either, but luckily my wife has (what seems to be at the moment) a secure job. It's not enough for us to get by on though.

It's probably not the best time to say this, but what I'd suggest is when you get back on your feet is getting your butt back in school like I am and increase your skills and marketability. You simply cannot be complacent these days, I fell into that trap and I'm paying for it now. This year was a major wake up call for me.

Silock
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
:( You'll pull through it alright. I have faith.

KC native
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
good luck man. take a toke and get on your grind.

Nzoner
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I've been depressed all day because sales at my business are way down,I'm making calls to no avail and have been in a pity party,then I read something like this and that little voice says,"see dumbass,things can always be worse."

Flop you're a true inspiration and my thoughts to you and yours,thanks for the positive attitude it was a breath of fresh air and if you'd like to move to St Joe I could use an energetic,positive thinking salesperson. :thumb:

Take care and keep your head up.

SDChiefs
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
My prayers to you and your family. If you need anything that I can assist with I would be more than happy. Us M's fans gotta stick together.

DJ's left nut
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Sucks man, but you're good people, you'll get by. Best wishes for you and yours.

On a side note:

http://www.wordforge.net/images/smilies/CurlyBill.jpg

That's what you get for always beating me to the punch...

CaliforniaChief
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your recent struggles, Floppy. As many have already said, if anybody can land on their feet in this day and age, it's you.

Unfortunately for you...for every 1 Floppy is 99 who are content to take handouts and do the minimum to get by.

That said, you should look into government work. It's the only industry that's growing right now.

I will keep you in my prayers!

Detoxing
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I've been depressed all day because sales at my business are way down,I'm making calls to no avail and have been in a pity party,then I read something like this and that little voice says,"see dumbass,things can always be worse."

Flop you're a true inspiration and my thoughts to you and yours,thanks for the positive attitude it was a breath of fresh air and if you'd like to move to St Joe I could use an energetic,positive thinking salesperson. :thumb:

Im in the same kinda boat right now. We're in the process of shutting the shop down. No more building cars, just selling the parts soon.

DJ's left nut
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Im in the same kinda boat right now. We're in the process of shutting the shop down. No more building cars, just selling the parts soon.

Also sucks, you guys did some awfully cool stuff.

Best of luck.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM

Funny, we're actually considering KC right now.

Gonzo
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
SHIT Flop, I'm so sorry dude.

As I've said in the past, if there's anything I can do or if you just need to B.S. give me a call.

I'll keep you and the Mrs. in my thoughts.

On a side note, I'm interviewing tomorrow for a great gig. I've been w/o work for 4 months now. It's rough out there.

R&GHomer
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for your family and the millions of others suffering through these difficult times. I have been looking for a year now and still nothing. I hope you don't fall into the same BS I am. I haven't gotten an unemployment check in over a month because of the extension BS. I don't even know were my next meal is coming from.:(

Toadkiller
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey Flop what do you and your wife do. I live here in the PNW as well and though I dont know a ton of people it couldnt hurt to network.

CrazyPhuD
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
yea it's definitely a tough place out there now. Good luck flop!

Dayze
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
sorry to hear Flop. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers to get right back on track.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for your family and the millions of others suffering through these difficult times. I have been looking for a year now and still nothing. I hope you don't fall into the same BS I am. I haven't gotten an unemployment check in over a month because of the extension BS. I don't even know were my next meal is coming from.:(

I'm sorry guys. I hope things get turned around quickly, particularly for you R. Normally I would literally not care about this. Our resumes are strong, but stories like this are the ones I'm hearing everywhere. There's never been a time in my life where I've felt as strongly as I do right now about becoming self sufficient, meaning making my own money and not relying on someone else to provide me with a paycheck. Much easier said than done though, right?

Hey Flop what do you and your wife do. I live here in the PNW as well and though I dont know a ton of people it couldnt hurt to network.

The Mrs. managed a drug store, and I have worked in the credit/financial industry my whole life. Mostly as a bill collector, but recently as a credit manager. And you're right, it couldn't hurt. Thanks for asking.

R&GHomer
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Well **** me, I thought everything was well and good for you. It hasn't been a good year for Mr Bugeater either, but luckily my wife has (what seems to be at the moment) a secure job. It's not enough for us to get by on though.

It's probably not the best time to say this, but what I'd suggest is when you get back on your feet is getting your butt back in school like I am and increase your skills and marketability. You simply cannot be complacent these days, I fell into that trap and I'm paying for it now. This year was a major wake up call for me.

I fell into that trap as well. When I get back on my feet nothing is going to keep me out of school. I feel like such a dumb ass for not taking advantage of those types of benefits

Dave Lane
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Ok jilly hitting the communion cup early? God will do a new thing? Really?

Anyway, good luck dude post what you do here and unlike god a CPer might be able to put you together with something.

OnTheWarpath58
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Fuck, man. I'm sorry.

I'll keep my ears open for you guys. Anything else I can do, ask.

You're a strong SOB, M. I have faith you'll bounce back, and in a big way.

pr_capone
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Best of luck Floppy... things are sure to pan out for someone as positive and energetic as you are.

Toadkiller
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I am also in the financial world here in Portland. I am the IT guy here but know a lot of financial people as well, more stock market and stuff like that. That something your interested/qualified for? Your in Seattle correct or washington somewhere?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I am also in the financial world here in Portland. I am the IT guy here but know a lot of financial people as well, more stock market and stuff like that. That something your interested/qualified for? Your in Seattle correct or washington somewhere?

Interested? Yeah. Qualified? That's subjective. :D

I'm confident that there's not a whole lot out there that I couldn't do. Right now though it's tough to convince people of that, understandably so.

Detoxing
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey Flop, come down to Cali and grow Pot. My hippy friend's brother rakes in 250K a year growing bud in Humboldt.

He has it set up to perfection. He only sells to one guy, and that one guy comes around only once a year. He fills his truck up with drums of bud and leaves 250K in cash.

Self employment at it's finest! I wish i had the nerve and the know-how.

bevischief
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
That blows... Something has to work out for both of you. Keep at it. My wife went thru this about 5yrs ago. Try this web site out for tips and anyone else out there still looking.
http://www.job-hunt.org

She got this site from the unemployment office.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Fuck, man. I'm sorry.

I'll keep my ears open for you guys. Anything else I can do, ask.

You're a strong SOB, M. I have faith you'll bounce back, and in a big way.

Thanks brother. If you got 10 large layin' around.......................

:D

Buck
Don't get why stuff like this happens to the good people.

If you ever want to talk, you should still have my number.

I'm praying for you friend.

Buck

Demonpenz
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I doubt you really need help on inner game, but if you got time should like at NLP to strengthen your mind. Look at the big picture. You just got a flat tire on your road to success ;)

R&GHomer
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Flopnuts;6877464]I'm sorry guys. I hope things get turned around quickly, particularly for you R. Normally I would literally not care about this. Our resumes are strong, but stories like this are the ones I'm hearing everywhere. There's never been a time in my life where I've felt as strongly as I do right now about becoming self sufficient, meaning making my own money and not relying on someone else to provide me with a paycheck. Much easier said than done though, right?

Yeah, I wish I could come up with a way. Sad thing is I have sent out countless resumes, pounded the streets, everything I can think of and I hardly ever hear anything back. I have even applied for min wage jobs but they say I'm over qualified. I would clean toilets if need be, hell the Army won't even take me back "to old". Anyway, sorry... not trying to hijack your thread.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM

I actually got a new phone a week or two ago. Send me a text so I can save it in my profile. Thanks bud.

I actually got a new phone a week or two ago. Send me a text so I can save it in my profile. Thanks bud.

bevischief
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Have you tried http://www.linkedin.com as yet?

OnTheWarpath58
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey Flop, come down to Cali and grow Pot. My hippy friend's brother rakes in 250K a year growing bud in Humboldt.

He has it set up to perfection. He only sells to one guy, and that one guy comes around only once a year. He fills his truck up with drums of bud and leaves 250K in cash.

Self employment at it's finest! I wish i had the nerve and the know-how.

No shit.

There was a two-night special on National Geographic Sunday/Monday called Drugs, Inc. They talked to a (former, IIRC) meth dealer in Missouri who was clearing $50k PER WEEK.

Whoever said "crime doesn't pay" must have gotten caught.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Flopnuts;6877464]I'm sorry guys. I hope things get turned around quickly, particularly for you R. Normally I would literally not care about this. Our resumes are strong, but stories like this are the ones I'm hearing everywhere. There's never been a time in my life where I've felt as strongly as I do right now about becoming self sufficient, meaning making my own money and not relying on someone else to provide me with a paycheck. Much easier said than done though, right?

Yeah, I wish I could come up with a way. Sad thing is I have sent out countless resumes, pounded the streets, everything I can think of and I hardly ever hear anything back. I have even applied for min wage jobs but they say I'm over qualified. I would clean toilets if need be, hell the Army won't even take me back "to old". Anyway, sorry... not trying to hijack your thread.

No worries bro. I wish you nothing but the best and hope the ship rights itself immediately. Sincerely. We don't always realize it, but we're really all in this together. Best wishes my friend.

OnTheWarpath58
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks brother. If you got 10 large layin' around.......................

:D

If I had $10k laying around, I probably would, man.

Bill Parcells
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Be positive, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. and the worm will turn. good luck to you bro ;)

Bwana
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Sorry to hear that dude. You're a good guy and will find something soon. Best of luck!

Over-Head
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
So I lost my job last year. I found a new job and rejoiced here. It didn't work out and I was let go about a month ago. It's embarrassing, and really my own fault so I didn't want to publicize it. It's bad enough as it is. At least I thought so................

My wife just got laid off today. We're officially ****ed in a big way. Pray for us if you are so inclined, but PLEASE do not sticky this thread. I'm just wallowing in some self-misery right now.

Sorry to hear it dude, but out of adversity comes hope.
Just remember it.
And you have your health!!!

My divorce cost me in terms of cash value (assetts, house and trucking company the ex wife got) around $485,000.00
I got to keep the cloths on my back, 2 guitars, and 3 kit bags of personal items and the $62.15 that was in my pocket the day of my divorce trial

As of last month, over the last 9 years, I have managed to dig myself out to somewhere in the neighbourhood of only needing 50 to 65K to finally be clear of that 500K hole (not including legal matters I have on the books for money owed)

It'll take another 2-3 years but i'll be able to say "I paid back every fucken dime I ever owed or lost"
Adversity can be over come, it just aint easy.

bevischief
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Too bad Casio cash can't be redeemed...

MichaelH
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I am very sorry to hear about this. I was just rejoicing in the fact that I am 4 weeks into a new job that I really like and the pay is good. I wish the same to you and your wife. The worm has gotta turn sometime.

Valiant
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Just remember it.

My divorce cost me in terms of cash value (assetts, house and trucking company the ex wife got) around $485,000.00
I got to keep the cloths on my back, 2 guitars, and 3 kit bags of personal items and the $62.15 that was in my pocket the day of my divorce trial

As of last month, over the last 9 years, I have managed to dig myself out to somewhere in the neighbourhood of only needing 50 to 65K to finally be clear of that 500K hole (not including legal matters I have on the books for money owed)

It'll take another 2-3 years but i'll be able to say "I paid back every ****en dime I ever owed or lost"

Wait.. what?? Why did she get literally everything if you don't mind me asking?? Was she fucking the judge?? Don't want to intrude, but fuck that is whack..

KcMizzou
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Damn, shitty deal. Hope things turn around for you guys real soon.

JASONSAUTO
07-13-2010, 05:26 PM
damn man REAL sorry to hear all this. strong people pull through in these times. youll be allright
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach|
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Damn, all the best to you man!

LaChapelle
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
When I hear Laverne and Shirley signing about that little old ant
I see it with floppynuts

bevischief
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM

Psyko Tek
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
sorry Floppy

I have been "underemployed"
for about 4 years now

but I have been paying the bills

so do what you gotta do for you and yours

good luck

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Wait.. what?? Why did she get literally everything if you don't mind me asking?? Was she ****ing the judge?? Don't want to intrude, but **** that is whack..

That peaked my interest as well :eek:

Sure-Oz
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Hang in there, you'll fight back.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
If I had $10k laying around, I probably would, man.

You know I was just joshin' bro. I would never, ever beg for money. I'd rather sleep under a bridge. That said, I appreciate the sentiment.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
That blows... Something has to work out for both of you. Keep at it. My wife went thru this about 5yrs ago. Try this web site out for tips and anyone else out there still looking.

She got this site from the unemployment office.

Have you tried http://www.linkedin.com as yet?

Good tips, and very appreciated, by me, as well as others around here I'm sure. Thank you.

Just remember it.

It'll take another 2-3 years but i'll be able to say "I paid back every fucken dime I ever owed or lost"

This type of attitude is the only one that will ever get anyone, anywhere. I'm with you bro, and thanks for posting it.

Gonzo
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
You know, just about everyone that has replied in this thread has said what a good guy Flopnuts is. I can attest to this, he and Bugeater were the 1st ones to show me support and shoot me PM's with their phone #'s and private email addys when I was going through a bunch of shit early this year.
He is truly the best CP'er we have, and that is a goddamned fact. Hang in there my friend. You'll come out on top. Guys like you always do.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
You know, just about everyone that has replied in this thread has said what a good guy Flopnuts is. I can attest to this, he and Bugeater were the 1st ones to show me support and shoot me PM's with their phone #'s and private email addys when I was going through a bunch of shit early this year.
He is truly the best CP'er we have, and that is a goddamned fact. Hang in there my friend. You'll come out on top. Guys like you always do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Badgranny thinks he's an asshole that picks on girls.

So there's always that.

He probably shouldn't go looking for a job in Fuckhole, Tennessee.

|Zach|
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Couldn't agree more.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear this for you Flop.

I wil pray for you and wish you the best. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You know I appreciate what you've just said, and the kind words everyone else has had as well. I don't have many secrets around here. What you see is what you get, for the most part. I learned early that these aren't random keystrokes. Honest, genuine people are typing them somewhere and I've tried to keep that in mind in relation to how I respond to people.

That said, I'm not one oz. different than anyone else. I put my pants on one leg at a time. I have periods where shit gets me down, and it's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Life is full of challenges, but I'm a firm believer that the way we choose to look at the world will ultimately shape our lives. If we're positive and upbeat, our lives will be too. If we're unhappy, feeling put upon, and cheated, our lives will play out that way as well.

I truly believe that life is what we make it. Good and bad. My current employment situation is my own fault. I accept responsibility for that. Without going into a lot of detail, sometimes it's better to be employed, than right. That said, if someone is stealing from you, who doesn't call them out on it?

My wife's situation is unfortunate, and much more a product of the financial climate than anything she's done. It again revolves around my belief that we don't get anything in this world that we don't deserve. My wife will find a better job, with more money, that will make her more happy. I have no doubt about it.

Thanks again to everyone. My wife just got up from a long nap and I'm going to get off of here and give her some support. I'll let her know what you guys have said, and your well wishes. I know she would thank you guys as well. At least she would if I allowed her on here. :D

soopamanluva
07-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Keep pushing Forward. It will work out for you. I was in the same boat about 2 years ago with a pregnant wife and no way to feed her. You will come out of, just as i did. Dont let your circumstances influence your outlook. Good Luck

soopamanluva
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Where do you live? My company has an entry level job open. Its menial labor but it pays.

Marcellus
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Hang in there Flop, you can't keep a good man down.

Gonzo
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks again to everyone. My wife just got up from a long nap and I'm going to get off of here and give her some support.

Think of me whilst giving her all that "support" dude. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Sorry to hear of your plight. I hope you and the better half find new oppertunitys ASAP. Anything I can do to help you know how to reach me.

KC Tattoo
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
It took manny a prayers for me to get back on my feet. Prayers to YOu & yours, my friend.

RJ
07-13-2010, 06:40 PM
That said, I'm not one oz. different than anyone else. I put my pants on one leg at a time.

One leg at a time?

Well, there's your problem right there. That's not how the rest of us do it.

Pablo
07-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Best of luck to ya floppy fella.

Everything will shake out in the mix. You'll be fine.

Gracie Dean
07-13-2010, 07:09 PM
will do so for you and your wife.

mlyonsd
07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Sad news. I know this sounds corny but rise above it and prevail. You must consider and accept it as your destiny. Each day you wake up tell yourself you will not fail.

KCwolf
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm Really sorry to hear that ...... You will be in my prayers.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Greatest blessing I've ever received besides my 2 daughters was being laid off 6 years ago.

Hang in there buddy, keep exploring all options (even outside the corporate world)

The world is there for those with the courage to take it

Fritz88
07-13-2010, 07:41 PM
There's good in it. You will be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
07-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Far be it from me to offer you advice but here goes anyway...

Keep your head up, dude. No self-misery is needed here. It will show. It will also take you off your amazing journey of health improvement.

Keep doing what you've been doing, which is amazing. I've been there. I'm usually to proud to ask for help but there's no shame in doing it. If you have $1000 left in the bank and you need to pay the rent, go to a food pantry for the essentials. Get some unemployment. Use the resources that are out there for people in your situation. You don't have to be homeless to ask for help.

Mosbonian
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
The Mrs. managed a drug store, and I have worked in the credit/financial industry my whole life. Mostly as a bill collector, but recently as a credit manager. And you're right, it couldn't hurt. Thanks for asking.

Flop....have you tried the following for credit jobs?

creditjobstoday.com

Also....depending on where you want to land, I can put you in touch with NACM Presidents in most large cities where they are located.

Also...if your wife has managed a Drug Store there are several options. The Drug companies are always looking for reps plus her experience lends her to so many other occupational opportunities.

Send me an smoke and I will give you my number. Plus the company I work for, Aramark, has so many open positions all across the country in either the Food & Beverage and the Uniform & Career Apparel divisions.

Here is the link to our Careers page

http://www.aramark.com/Careers/

ArrowheadMagic
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Stay positive, things always seem to work themselves out. Wish you guys the best.

MahiMike
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you and your family.

ArrowheadMagic
07-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Far be it from me to offer you advice but here goes anyway...

Keep your head up, dude. No self-misery is needed here. It will show. It will also take you off your amazing journey of health improvement.

Keep doing what you've been doing, which is amazing. I've been there. I'm usually to proud to ask for help but there's no shame in doing it. If you have $1000 left in the bank and you need to pay the rent, go to a food pantry for the essentials. Get some unemployment. Use the resources that are out there for people in your situation. You don't have to be homeless to ask for help.

This...... Support system is there, pride sometimes needs to take a back seat. Dont allow pride to make a new rock bottom.

Hog Farmer
07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I appreciate all of you. I really do. I'm a firm believer that none of us get anything in this world that we don't deserve. I'm also a firm believer that if you get up every day and do things to the best of your abilities, good things will happen. We're going to land on our feet. We've been thinking about moving away from Seattle again, and honestly my wife will probably make more money in her next job than she did in this one. It'll all work out. I just needed to get it off my chest and find some encouragement. You guys never disappoint, and again, thank you. Sincerely.

That a boy Floppy. You're exactly right. It just sucks in the meantime. I was in the same boat and then a door opened for me. Unfortunately it was a stall with a boar in it but what the hell. I've decided my mission in life was to get people to understand that as bad as it seems at the time you can always look at Hog Farmer and thank your lucky stars your not him.

FAX
07-13-2010, 08:32 PM
You have our most sincere and authentic thoughts and prayers, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. I've been there and it's no damn fun, I know.

It's a cliche, but it's true; when God closes a door, he opens a window you can jump out of ... er ... something like that. Anyway, you get the idea and it's true. Unless God closes the door on your penis, of course. When He does that you're pretty much screwed. Otherwise, though, it's just nature's way of re-directing your life in a more fulfilling direction. All you have to do is keep a stiff upper lip and, if possible, just a plain old stiffy. There's nothing like a stiffy to help see you through the difficult times.

FAX

Gonzo
07-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Badgranny thinks he's an asshole that picks on girls.

So there's always that.

He probably shouldn't go looking for a job in Fuckhole, Tennessee.

Interesting fact about her...

If you met her in person and didn't know who she was, you wouldn't know it was her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sully
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I wish there was more I could offer than prayers. But you have them.

FAX
07-13-2010, 08:44 PM
I ran into her one time and honestly had no idea it was her. But I recognized her right away ... on account of the fact that she was bitch slapping an elderly gentleman and trying to steal his orange juice.

FAX

luv
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM

This.

Going back to school has helped with my confidence. I'm losing my job in October. School isn't done until 2012, but I'll find something, I'm sure. It may mean moving in with my dad. As much as I don't want to do that, I'm glad I have him there. You're good at counting your blessings. Continue doing so.

AndChiefs
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I used to work for Walgreen's as a manager up in Seattle. They're generally looking for qualified people. The pays not amazing but it's something and might be worth a shot for your wife.

doomy3
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Hate to hear about this, but you'll land on your feet and be better off a year from now than you were a year ago. Best of luck making something happen quickly.

googlegoogle
07-14-2010, 03:04 AM
embarrassing?

Whatever.

good luck to you.

SenselessChiefsFan
07-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Hey, the good news is that with the fasting, your food costs are down.

I know everyone wants to tell you how it will all be okay, and it will.... but I know that it doesn't feel that way right now. I know it feels like the world is closing in on you and that you don't have anywhere to go.

My wife and I went through similar last year. I will pray for your situation and your sanity.

Now, for some practical advice.

#1) Get "What Color is Your Parachute". It is a good book, with some good tips on not only how to get a job, but get the job that you are meant to have.

#2) Get a job. I don't mean a good job, I mean, a JOB of any sort. Maybe working evenings to give you time to find something during the day. Walmart, K-Mart, Target, Quik Trip. Just something that gives you something to do every day and makes you feel productive.

Keep your head up (and your weight down).

ChiTown
07-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Sorry to hear this, floppy. I wish you and the Mrs. all the best. Good things happen for those that are ready and willing to except the challenges in life.

:toast:

Old Dog
07-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Prayers and thoughts that it works out well for you and the Mrs

kc rush
07-14-2010, 07:17 AM
So sorry to hear this Mr. Flopnuts. You are definitely in my prayers here. I hope all works out for you.

Sofa King
07-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Good luck flopnuts.

morphius
07-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Good luck to you and your wife, I'll pray that you both find something soon.

Lumpy
07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Flopnuts, you are one of the 'nice guys' and I hate to see this crap happen to guys like you. I have hope that something will turn up for you and the Mrs. Stay strong and don't give up! The two of you are in my thoughts!

El Jefe
07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey Flop, I posted a link to a video I like, I am going to post another one. This song really touched my heart when I was dealing with a lot of issues recently. Some of those issues have resolved and I have traded some for others. Focus on what you do have though and what we are really here for. You have the love of your life, you have your health, and you are in America, and God will always take care of his children. I am not out of my own tunnel, but remeber the night is always darkest before the dawn. Things WILL turn around, hang in there brother, be there for your wife, you two will need to count on each other for motivation.

For those of you of religious conviction I think this song will do your heart some good. No matter where we are or what we are going through we NEVER leave God's hand! I find great comfort and solace in that, God will never leave us or forsake us. Be strong and of good courage. Life is but a vapor my friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyy7K0e__x4&feature=related

Reaper16
07-14-2010, 09:38 AM
This thread is making me sad. :(

Positive thoughts sent to all of you who are going through tough times.

dirk digler
07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear about this Flops. Positive thoughts headed towards you and your family.

sparkky
07-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Floppy,

very sorry to hear the news. I wish you and DW the very best in a bad situation.

no good advice for ya except start re-thinking ALL expenditures NOW before it gets to the critical stage.

I don't envy the tough choices and sleepless nights you'll probably be facing.

I wish I could do and say more.

Phobia
07-14-2010, 09:46 AM
This is no time to be absorbing the cost of smaller clothes. Start eating immediately.

Ebolapox
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
damn, man. mojo and good thoughts headed your way.

Bowser
07-14-2010, 09:49 AM

My wife just got laid off today. We're officially fucked in a big way. Pray for us if you are so inclined, but PLEASE do not sticky this thread. I'm just wallowing in some self-misery right now.

Ah, man. The good thing for you as that you've got the drive to overcome, as evidenced by your life transformation. You keep chopping wood with your chin up, and I'll send as many good vibes your way as I possibly can. Deal?

38yrsfan
07-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Dang, so sincerely sorry about your job situation. :(

Best of luck to both of you. :thumb: Something good will happen!

Lzen
07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
We'll pray for you. Keep your spirits. Things will turn around for you.

Lzen
07-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Ok jilly hitting the communion cup early? God will do a new thing? Really?

Anyway, good luck dude post what you do here and unlike god a CPer might be able to put you together with something.

Got some anger issues with God, I see. I'll pray for you, too. ;)

Donger
07-14-2010, 10:14 AM

My wife just got laid off today. We're officially ****ed in a big way. Pray for us if you are so inclined, but PLEASE do not sticky this thread. I'm just wallowing in some self-misery right now.

Sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you.

Lzen
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
You have our most sincere and authentic thoughts and prayers, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. I've been there and it's no damn fun, I know.

It's a cliche, but it's true; when God closes a door, he opens a window you can jump out of ... er ... something like that. Anyway, you get the idea and it's true. Unless God closes the door on your penis, of course. When He does that you're pretty much screwed. Otherwise, though, it's just nature's way of re-directing your life in a more fulfilling direction. All you have to do is keep a stiff upper lip and, if possible, just a plain old stiffy. There's nothing like a stiffy to help see you through the difficult times.

FAX

Eloquent

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Man, it's tough to just put yourself out there on teh world wide webz sometimes. You just never know what you're going to get. If the people in my life who only know of this place through me talking about it could read this thread, they'd have a much higher understanding of why I refer to you guys as my friends. I'm humbled. Thank you all so much.

And please don't waste the energy worrying about my wife and I. We've already transitioned from "Oh shit!" to "What a great opportunity we have here." We're making plans as we speak and life is about to get more interesting again. But thank you all for being there for me in my freakout moment yesterday afternoon. I'm really hoping to not have another one of these for a very long time. :p

OnTheWarpath58
07-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Man, it's tough to just put yourself out there on teh world wide webz sometimes. You just never know what you're going to get. If the people in my life who only know of this place through me talking about it could read this thread, they'd have a much higher understanding of why I refer to you guys as my friends. I'm humbled. Thank you all so much.

And please don't waste the energy worrying about my wife and I. We've already transitioned from "Oh shit!" to "What a great opportunity we have here." We're making plans as we speak and life is about to get more interesting again. But thank you all for being there for me in my freakout moment yesterday afternoon. I'm really hoping to not have another one of these for a very long time. :p

Moving, or are you starting your own bidness?

luv
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Will you still be able to come out for the bash?

btlook1
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Good luck to you Flopnuts. Hope you find something soon and it fits this time!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Moving, or are you starting your own bidness?

We talked about moving in March and decided to wait for a year because my wife couldn't bear to leave her job. If you go through my history on this site, you'll see that I like to move around. :D

I'm thinking we're going to move to either KC, or Springfield.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Will you still be able to come out for the bash?

Whether I'm out there, or out here, the plane ticket is bought and paid for. I'll be there.

luv
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
We talked about moving in March and decided to wait for a year because my wife couldn't bear to leave her job. If you go through my history on this site, you'll see that I like to move around. :D

I'm thinking we're going to move to either KC, or Springfield.

Springfield, MO?

Dude!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Springfield, MO?

Dude!

Indeed! In fact, that's where we're leaning right now. Job market is good for my wife, seems to be a small business friendly place, and housing is ridiculous. I figure since I'm familiar with the area we can start off there and if we don't love it, move up to KC. We don't have kids, and don't have plans for them right now, so it's a good time to explore.

luv
07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Indeed! In fact, that's where we're leaning right now. Job market is good for my wife, seems to be a small business friendly place, and housing is ridiculous. I figure since I'm familiar with the area we can start off there and if we don't love it, move up to KC. We don't have kids, and don't have plans for them right now, so it's a good time to explore.

Let me know if you need any info.

I like it down here. And it's only 2 1/2 hours to KC.

If you ever need a walking buddy (have to work my way up to jogging), I'm your gal! And to meet your wife and make new friends.

You need to move here. :)

Frosty
07-14-2010, 11:10 AM
seems to be a small business friendly place

You just defined the opposite of Washington.

Be sure to punch some random voters while you are out and about this week. Don't forget the dead ones.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
That's a huge plus right there, when you have kiddos that are dependent on you, it makes the rough times even more stressful.

And I'm glad to hear you're still going to make it to the bash, I'll be sure you don't go hungry or sober while you're there!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
You just defined the opposite of Washington.

Be sure to punch some random voters while you are out and about this week. Don't forget the dead ones.

I really, really love this place. It's my home. But I honestly don't feel like I can have the life I want out here without college degrees. It costs an incredible amount of money to live here, and I feel like we're never really getting ahead.

I've done this before. I leave and always end up coming back. I really think we're ready to stake our claim in MO though. I've been talking about it for years and my wife was ready to go a few months ago but didn't want to leave her job because she thought she was about to be promoted. She was right. They moved her up from management to get the fuck out. :D

In her defense, her company has been struggling for a long time. They're already being sued in other states over some labor issues directly in her position and are in the process of converting people from salary to hourly. In the process of that, they decided to eliminate a lot of positions. From our understanding, her seniority hurt her. It wasn't performance related at all. She poured her heart and soul into that place.

JASONSAUTO
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM

hey man we'll have to get together if so..... i've been meaning to get down that way to kick it with mo.

i'm about 1:15 north on 65.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
That's a huge plus right there, when you have kiddos that are dependent on you, it makes the rough times even more stressful.

And I'm glad to hear you're still going to make it to the bash, I'll be sure you don't go hungry or sober while you're there!

Thanks Buggsy. And thanks to everyone else who has made that generous offer as well. We'll be alright though. I'm hoping that by then, I'll be buying all of you beers for being so awesome in this thread.

Not one troll. That's gotta be a Chiefsplanet record.

kc rush
07-14-2010, 11:28 AM

This is one of the things I love about you, you are able to take a shit situation and find the positives. I wish I was wired that way.

I know things will work out for you some how, but in the mean time, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
This is one of the things I love about you, you are able to take a shit situation and find the positives. I wish I was wired that way.

I know things will work out for you some how, but in the mean time, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

If I had children, things wouldn't be this easy. Of course, things wouldn't be this bad because I'd be shoveling shit out of outhouses if that's what it took to get it done. I'm just playing the cards I've been dealt, but I am a firm believer on our attitudes and their power to shape the world around us. Luckily, I was born an eternal optimist. It's been tested over and over, it's just a part of who I am. Thanks fellow Rushian. I know you went through a lot of this yourself not too long ago. I'm glad things are working themselves out for your family.

luv
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
If I had children, things wouldn't be this easy. Of course, things wouldn't be this bad because I'd be shoveling shit out of outhouses if that's what it took to get it done. I'm just playing the cards I've been dealt, but I am a firm believer on our attitudes and their power to shape the world around us. Luckily, I was born an eternal optimist. It's been tested over and over, it's just a part of who I am. Thanks fellow Rushian. I know you went through a lot of this yourself not too long ago. I'm glad things are working themselves out for your family.

I like to think I'm like you. Only, with me, my "freak out" time tends to last a little longer. I've had several friends tell me how strong I am. Well, when life gives you no other choice.... I refuse to give up. I may whine and struggle sometimes, but I will do what it takes to maintain my independence.

Anyway... You're one who's always there to encourage when people need it. You can't be surprised to see the sentiment reciprocated now that you need some. We may act like assholes, but most of us are actually good hearted people. :p

stevieray
07-14-2010, 11:53 AM
meh. not worried.

I consider the source.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I like to think I'm like you. Only, with me, my "freak out" time tends to last a little longer. I've had several friends tell me how strong I am. Well, when life gives you no other choice.... I refuse to give up. I may whine and struggle sometimes, but I will do what it takes to maintain my independence.

Anyway... You're one who's always there to encourage when people need it. You can't be surprised to see the sentiment reciprocated now that you need some. We may act like assholes, but most of us are actually good hearted people. :p

I'm not surprised. I wouldn't have brought my weight, and these types of situations to the table like this if I thought it would blow up in my face. I admit my imperfections, and don't judge others for theirs. I only judge my own. But I don't always like talking about them. :p

At 33 years old, I fully admit there are areas I struggle in, which I have no business struggling in. But as a wise man once said, it's a process.

KC Dan
07-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks fellow Rushian.
btw, we MUST meet at the Rush show next month!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
btw, we MUST meet at the Rush show next month!

Absolutely. I'm going to be there. We'll definitely coordinate a spot to meet up at there. I'm looking forward to it.

Pestilence
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Fuck man......keep your head up.

And don't worry about the Sunday Ticket.....you've got bigger things to think about.

DenverDanChiefsFan
07-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Best of luck - my wife was laid off a few weeks ago.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Fuck man......keep your head up.

And don't worry about the Sunday Ticket.....you've got bigger things to think about.

Thanks brutha.

Best of luck - my wife was laid off a few weeks ago.

Thanks bud. I reciprocate the wishes of good luck to you guys as well. It'll all turn out, and if not, we can all get together and riot on Wall Street. :)

Fairplay
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes, you might as well network on here. Many people these days are going through this including me. Fortunaty I got a decent job finally

And yes it was through networking.

Good luck and pray for it also. That's a big key for me.

Donger
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Wait, wive's actually work. I mean, for money?

Why are you f*ckers just letting me in on this?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Wait, wive's actually work. I mean, for money?

Why are you f*ckers just letting me in on this?

Equal rights, brah. They go to work for a paycheck then come home, clean the house, and cook. And don't forget about teh anal sechs. Freedom isn't free.

RedNFeisty
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Damn, that must suck. Wish you both the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Buehler445
07-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Mother fucker, that sucks. You are the freaking man, hopefully things turn around for you quickly. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

That sucks, what are you going to school for?

Here's to hoping all the others in the thread get things turned around.

JoeyChuckles
07-14-2010, 04:03 PM
There is a reason these things happen. I'm not even talking about religion. But there is a reason, and in a few years you will look back and see why. It's hard now, but the earth will provide you with a suitable explanation sooner or later.