PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV M knight failathons 'Devil'

Sure-Oz
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/devil/

Uhh yeah

bowener
07-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh dear god, how is he allowed to write anything more?

The ****ing trailer already gives away that it is more of the same shit:

...today everything happens for a reason.

Awesome original concept, M Night.

KcMizzou
07-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I figure eventually Shyamalan will eventually tuck his tail between his legs, and disappear for a long while.

After some years, he'll emerge again with something really good.

He's damaged his reputation. He needs a long break, and a fresh start. He has a lot of interesting ideas... it just seems like he's forcing it.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
I figure eventually Shyamalan will eventually tuck his tail between his legs, and disappear for a long while.

After some years, he'll emerge again with something really good.

He's damaged his reputation. He needs a long break, and a fresh start. He has a lot of interesting ideas... it just seems like he's forcing it.

While I agree with most of this statement, I don't think that he's the one forcing it.

It's the studios, his agent, etc.

But you're right. He needs to take off five years away from the biz and come back with a vengeance.

Taco John
07-14-2010, 12:06 AM
It's the nice kid who held open the elevator.

Chieficus
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Oh dear god, how is he allowed to write anything more?

The ****ing trailer already gives away that it is more of the same shit:

Awesome original concept, M Night.

To be fair, he's not writing these only producing (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/06/m-night-shyamalan-produced-the-night-chronicles-devil-now-simply-called-devil/). Granted they're his ideas, but they're being written and produced by others...

...not that it probably makes much of a difference...

Gravedigger
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
To be fair, he's not writing these only producing (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/06/m-night-shyamalan-produced-the-night-chronicles-devil-now-simply-called-devil/). Granted they're his ideas, but they're being written and produced by others...

...not that it probably makes much of a difference...

You live by the sword that made The Last Airbender, Unbreakable, The Village, Lady in the Water, The Happening, you die by the sword that made.... all those shitty movies.

DaneMcCloud
07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
You live by the sword that made The Last Airbender, Unbreakable, The Village, Lady in the Water, The Happening, you die by the sword that made.... all those shitty movies.

I'm sorry but if you believe that "Unbreakable" is a shitty movie, you have absolutely terrible taste in film.

Priest31kc
07-14-2010, 11:38 AM

you didn't like Unbreakable!?? And it seems opinions on the Village are mixed, I enjoyed it.

Red Brooklyn
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Unbreakable is pretty great flick. I prefer it to 6th Sense, actually.

The Village gets a C+ and The Lady In The Water - though terrible - was still nowhere near as bad as I expected. I had fun watching it.

Still haven't seen The Happening or Airbender yet... not sure I ever will...

InChiefsHell
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Unbreakable was great! I mean, come on!

Gravedigger
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
you didn't like Unbreakable!?? And it seems opinions on the Village are mixed, I enjoyed it.

I didnt like Unbreakable, but I didnt hate it, that was the one that probably could've stayed off the list I'll give you that, but I've never been a big fan of M Night. The Village was terrible, and after seeing The Last Airbender, and THEN watching the cartoons, he doesn't get my money anymore.

Sure-Oz
07-14-2010, 12:15 PM

The Village gets a C+ and The Lady In The Water - though terrible - was still nowhere near as bad as I expected. I had fun watching it.

The Happening should never be watched, ever. Waste of 2 hrs

Sure-Oz
07-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I didnt like Unbreakable, but I didnt hate it, that was the one that probably could've stayed off the list I'll give you that, but I've never been a big fan of M Night. The Village was terrible, and after seeing The Last Airbender, and THEN watching the cartoons, he doesn't get my money anymore.

Village was ok until the stupid ending really

Red Brooklyn
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
That's what everyone tells me. Which sucks because I love Zooey so much... oh well.

Sure-Oz
07-14-2010, 12:49 PM
That's what everyone tells me. Which sucks because I love Zooey so much... oh well.

She is a zombie and worthless in that movie "Whats happening?" is her main dialogue...not worth it trust me. just watch 500 days of summer again instead

Red Brooklyn
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
She is a zombie and worthless in that movie "Whats happening?" is her main dialogue...not worth it trust me. just watch 500 days of summer again instead

Done. And done. :thumb:

Chieficus
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM

The Happening would have been a good movie if it was a parody of something... unfortunately I think MNS was being serious. It's up there w/ Final Fantasy and the Master of Disguise as "Movies I saw in the theater and will never, never, never see again. Never."

On the flip side, Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies, I was one of 10 people in America that liked the Village and thought Lady in the Water was a good idea w/ bad execution.

If he could learn to direct people in a way that they show some actual human emotion, he wouldn't be that bad.

Dicky McElephant
07-14-2010, 02:50 PM

:spock:

Unbreakable was not a shitty movie. Unbreakable is M Night's BEST movie. The Sixth Sense is so fucking overrated.

InChiefsHell
07-14-2010, 04:05 PM
:spock:

Unbreakable was not a shitty movie. Unbreakable is M Night's BEST movie. The Sixth Sense is so ****ing overrated.

I thought Signs was good too.

Detoxing
07-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I thought Signs was good too.

People are around here hate on Signs. I actually liked it. I thought it was pretty good. The sixth sense was alright. wasn't bad. A bit overhyped though. The Village was ok. I didn't mind it, thoguh a lot of people were pissed at the ending.

Priest31kc
07-14-2010, 04:57 PM
People are around here hate on Signs. I actually liked it. I thought it was pretty good. The sixth sense was alright. wasn't bad. A bit overhyped though. The Village was ok. I didn't mind it, thoguh a lot of people were pissed at the ending.

I love Signs, liked it just as much as Sixth Sense.

Bearcat
07-14-2010, 08:47 PM
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/randall/airbender2.jpg

Fish
07-15-2010, 11:19 AM
<object width="450" height="238">Trailer...

<embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/24411" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="450" height="238"></object>

InChiefsHell
07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Shit. It looks good enough for a DVD rental...

Priest31kc
07-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Devil seems intriguing to me :shrug: Maybe it'll be his bounce back movie.

SnakeXJones
07-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Devil seems intriguing to me :shrug: Maybe it'll be his bounce back movie. I dunno if his career will bounce back I doubting if it even will at all schumacher style

Reaper16
07-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Unbreakable is his best film, imo.

Swanman
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM

I liked Sixth Sense the first time around when it was called Jacob's Ladder.

Fat Elvis
07-16-2010, 09:30 AM

I loved Signs as well. Well, right up to the point where Mel Gibson started screaming at his dieing wife that she looked like she wanted to be raped by a bunch of aliens. I thought him telling her to " just ****in' smile and blow me" before her last breath was really inappropriate for a pastoral character.

Priest31kc
07-16-2010, 10:33 AM
I loved Signs as well. Well, right up to the point where Mel Gibson started screaming at his dieing wife that she looked like she wanted to be raped by a bunch of aliens. I thought him telling her to " just ****in' smile and blow me" before her last breath was really inappropriate for a pastoral character.

ROFL

dilligaf
07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I loved The Sixth Sense. Signs was pretty good. Unbreakable...meh. The Happening and The Village were downright horrible. Haven't seen the others and probably never will. I lost my faith in the guy.

Cave Johnson
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
According to Science, Devil will be Rotten Tomatoes' first negative rating.

RINGLEADER
07-18-2010, 10:45 PM

Loved Unbreakable - Sixth Sense and Signs too...everything else he's done is garbage...

Saw the Devil trailer at the Inception midnight show...the second M. night's name appeared there was a theater full of derisive laughter. I almost felt bad for him. Then I remembered the Crappening...

irishjayhawk
07-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Sixth Sense - Great.
Unbreakable - Great.
Signs - Tolerable.
The Villiage - Horrendous.
Lady in the Water - Unspeakably terrible
The Happening - Horrendous, but not as bad as Lady in the Eater.
Devil - looks like complete shit

irishjayhawk
07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
According to Science, Devil will be Rotten Tomatoes' first negative rating.

Signs better than unbreakable? RLY?

Rausch
07-19-2010, 08:13 AM
The Happening and The Village were downright horrible. Haven't seen the others and probably never will. I lost my faith in the guy.

Complete agreement...

Sure-Oz
07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Reporter-Calls-M-Night-Shyamalan-Out-On-His-Bad-Directing-19667.html

lmao m knight is a defensive motherfucker

KcMizzou
07-19-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Reporter-Calls-M-Night-Shyamalan-Out-On-His-Bad-Directing-19667.html

lmao m knight is a defensive motherfucker:facepalm:

Again... the guy needs to take a long break.

Seriously though, it must be brutal to work so hard on something (or things) and have people tell you the end results suck balls.

He needs to just vanish for a while... pick it back up in a few years, and try to salvage his career then.

FAX
07-20-2010, 02:10 AM
The fact that Shamalamalam was able to retain his hands and feet after "The Last Airbender" speaks to America's commitment to preserving the human rights of even the most heinous criminals.

Don't push it, though, Shamalamam.

FAX

Taco John
07-20-2010, 02:30 AM
My old roommate and I used to argue incessantly about Unbreakable. He thought it was great. I thought it was gawdaful and just f**kin' stupid. How anyone can examine Elijah's motivation in this movie and come away with anything except how utterly stupid the story is blows my mind.

I think that the fact that it was a sort of unique movie with a sort of Usual Suspects twist at the end fooled everybody into thinking it was a great movie. But I think time has shown that folks were snookered. This guy is a one hit wonder.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2010, 01:18 AM
My old roommate and I used to argue incessantly about Unbreakable. He thought it was great. I thought it was gawdaful and just f**kin' stupid. How anyone can examine Elijah's motivation in this movie and come away with anything except how utterly stupid the story is blows my mind.

I think that the fact that it was a sort of unique movie with a sort of Usual Suspects twist at the end fooled everybody into thinking it was a great movie. But I think time has shown that folks were snookered. This guy is a one hit wonder.

Giant head, small brain.

-King-
07-21-2010, 01:28 AM
I thought Signs was better than The Sixth Sense... but the Village? Holy shit that movie is almost on the same level as those parody movies like Epic Movie and Date Movie. It was that bad.
Posted via Mobile Device