PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Palin on the NAACP...

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 08:37 AM
You know, even haters from the left will have to admit the lady has nailed this. As the left becomes more polarized and attack driven, things like this will in fact solidify her position and undermine the personal attack driven no content left.

Should be interesting. Will the lefties admit the Black Panthers and the NAACP are out of line? Or will they attack Palin on some personal level and ignore what she says?

The corner they are backing into is way closer than they think.

http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=24718773587

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Reagan rightly declared that “there is no room for racism, anti-Semitism, or other forms of ethnic and racial hatred in this country,” and he warned that we must never go back to the racism of our past.

I wonder what Ronnie would say if he could see the state of the demoncratic party these days.

talastan
07-14-2010, 08:49 AM
At work and can't access facebook, anyone mind posting what her response was?

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 08:57 AM
he Charge of Racism: It’s Time to Bury the Divisive Politics of the Past
Yesterday at 6:58pm
I am saddened by the NAACP’s claim that patriotic Americans who stand up for the United States of America’s Constitutional rights are somehow “racists.” The charge that Tea Party Americans judge people by the color of their skin is false, appalling, and is a regressive and diversionary tactic to change the subject at hand.

President Reagan called America’s past racism “a legacy of evil” against which we have seen the long struggle of minority citizens for equal rights. He condemned any sort of racism, as all good and decent people do today. He also called it a “point of pride for all Americans” that as a nation, we have successfully struggled to overcome this evil. Reagan rightly declared that “there is no room for racism, anti-Semitism, or other forms of ethnic and racial hatred in this country,” and he warned that we must never go back to the racism of our past.

His words rang especially true in the immediate aftermath of the 2008 presidential election. It seemed that with the election of our first black president, our country had become a new “post-racial” society. As one writer in the Washington Post stated: “[Barack Obama’s] election isn’t just about a black president. It’s about a new America. The days of confrontational identity politics have come to an end.”

We, as a united people, applauded that sentiment. We were proud of that progress. That’s why it is so sad to see that 18 months later, the NAACP is once again using the divisive language of the past to unfairly accuse the Tea Party movement of harboring “racist elements.”

Having been on the receiving end of a similar spurious charge of racism (in a recent frivolous lawsuit which was finally dismissed by a federal judge), I know how Tea Party Americans feel to be falsely accused. To be unjustly accused of association with what Reagan so aptly called that “legacy of evil” is a traumatizing experience, and one of which the honest, freedom-loving patriots of the Tea Party movement are truly undeserving.

On this subject, I can recommend the statement issued by a man I was proud to endorse, Tim Scott, the GOP candidate from South Carolina’s First Congressional District. Tim, poised to become the first African-American Republican Congressman from the former Confederacy since Reconstruction, is himself a sign of a hopeful, truly post-racial future for our country. It gives added meaning to his warning that “the NAACP is making a grave mistake in stereotyping a diverse group of Americans who care deeply about their country and who contribute their time, energy and resources to make a difference.”

The only purpose of such an unfair accusation of racism is to dissuade good Americans from joining the Tea Party movement or listening to the common sense message of Tea Party Americans who simply want government to abide by our Constitution, live within its means, and not borrow and spend away our children’s futures. Red and yellow, black and white, this message is precious in all our sights. All decent Americans abhor racism. No one wants to be associated with any organization that is in any way racist in sentiment or origin. I certainly don’t want to be. Thankfully, the Tea Party movement is not racist or motivated by racism. It is motivated by love of country and all that is good and honest about our proud and diverse nation.

Like President Reagan, Tea Party Americans believe that “the glory of this land has been its capacity for transcending the moral evils of our past.” Isn’t it time we put aside the divisive politics of the past once and for all and celebrate the fact that neither race nor gender is any longer a barrier to achieving success in America – even in achieving the highest office in the land?

I just spent a few beautiful Alaskan days with some beautiful Americans in my husband’s birthplace – they are Todd’s family and they are Yupik Eskimo. In the decades that our families have blended, I have never heard one proud, patriotic member judge another member based on skin color. Both Todd and I were raised to measure a person according to their capacity and willingness to love, work, forgive, contribute, and show good character. We’re joined by the vast majority of Americans in this belief whereby we measure a man by his character, not his color. Because of amazing efforts and accomplishments by those who came before my generation, it is foreign to us to consider condemning or condoning anyone’s actions based on race or gender. Being with our diverse family in a melting pot that is a Native village just days ago reminded me of that.

So to leave that remote village and return back to “modern civilization” only to hear of the NAACP’s resolution today suggesting that we Tea Party Americans don’t respect equality makes me sad for those who choose to divide these great United States. It is time to end the divisive politics.

- Sarah Palin

Dave Lane
07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Racism is cured there is no racism any more. -cliff notes

Anyone that believes that is the same person that believes there is no teen sex. A racism free or close to it society is 50 years away. There have been great strides but its up to generation Y to really rid society of these notions. In the world of my parents and most of my generation these racial thoughts and images are too deeply ingrained to ever be "forgotten". Till then it will be an unspoken thing always in the mind but rarely on the lips.

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Anyone that believes that is the same person that believes there is no teen sex. A racism free or close to it society is 50 years away. There have been great strides but it up to generation Y to really rid society of these notions. The world of my parents and most of my generation these racial thoughts and images are too deeply ingrained to ever be "forgotten". Till then it will be an unspoken thing always in the mind but rarely on the lips.

Get lost you loser.

Saul Good
07-14-2010, 09:09 AM

Anyone that believes that is the same person that believes there is no teen sex. A racism free or close to it society is 50 years away. There have been great strides but its up to generation Y to really rid society of these notions. In the world of my parents and most of my generation these racial thoughts and images are too deeply ingrained to ever be "forgotten". Till then it will be an unspoken thing always in the mind but rarely on the lips.

There is a difference between saying "the tea party is not a racist organization" and saying "racism doesn't exist". That's a pretty stupid assertion.

Brainiac
07-14-2010, 09:15 AM

Nice usage of the straw man fallacy.

InChiefsHell
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Nice usage of the straw man fallacy.

No shit. I was trying to find where she said racism is cured...reading comprehension problem I guess...:huh:

Dave Lane
07-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Main title is basically "Its time to forget Divisive Issues of the Past" to a group of blacks. Whatever could she possibly mean? Hmmmm

I agree that there is a huge need a gentler discourse in politics today. See the responses to my post as an example.

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Main title is basically "Its time to forget Divisive Issues of the Past" to a group of blacks. Whatever could she possibly mean? Hmmmm

I agree that there is a huge need a gentler discourse in politics today. See the responses to my post as an example.

Asshole.

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM

Your post is typical of those who fear the bright light of the truth shined on the left, its approach, and specifically on this corrupt administration. You know its not a good idea to endorse the New Black Panthers or the divisive approach the NAACP has adopted, you see the base growing weaker and weaker, you have zero successes to point to so you make up something that was not said and use that lie to go after anyone of your choosing.

Sad that we have people like yourself who seem otherwise rather well informed who cannot think on your own and see the only logical conclusion. You got suckered.

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Your post is typical of those who fear the bright light of the truth shined on the left, its approach, and specifically on this corrupt administration. You know its not a good idea to endorse the New Black Panthers or the divisive approach the NAACP has adopted, you see the base growing weaker and weaker, you have zero successes to point to so you make up something that was not said and use that lie to go after anyone of your choosing.

Sad that we have people like yourself who seem otherwise rather well informed who cannot think on your own and see the only logical conclusion. You got suckered.

Sarah Palin was simply defending a large group of American citizens who were viciously slandered by a political arm of the democrat/communist party, who pose as a non-profit charity (and amazingly continue to get away with it).

Did Dave Loon disagree with the NAACP? Of course not. Because like his fellow moonbats Amnorix, Orange, Banyon et al. he has no real principles or core values. There is no absolute right and wrong in the moonbat universe. For the Left, the ends justify the means.

He truly is an unthinking moron.

http://www.bondaction.org/images/StopObBumperSticker.gif

go bowe
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM

Anyone that believes that is the same person that believes there is no teen sex. A racism free or close to it society is 50 years away. There have been great strides but its up to generation Y to really rid society of these notions. In the world of my parents and most of my generation these racial thoughts and images are too deeply ingrained to ever be "forgotten". Till then it will be an unspoken thing always in the mind but rarely on the lips.i think that's right...

vailpass
07-14-2010, 11:54 AM

As you have gone through life have you noticed an inordinate amount of people kick your ass on a regular basis?

I think I know why.

go bowe
07-14-2010, 12:01 PM
As you have gone through life have you noticed an inordinate amount of people kick your ass on a regular basis?

I think I know why.why? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

ClevelandBronco
07-14-2010, 12:03 PM

That's the biggest bag of bullshit I've run across today. Gen Y is going to save this society from racism? God help us if Gen Y tries to save us from anything at all.

ClevelandBronco
07-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree that there is a huge need a gentler discourse in politics today.

Fuck you. Fuck your politics.

vailpass
07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
why? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Because quiver-lipped piles of sanctimonious horseshit attract beat downs like flowers draw bees.

Dallas Chief
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
That's the biggest bag of bullshit I've run across today. Gen Y is going to save this society from racism? God help us if Gen Y tries to save us from anything at all.

QFT. Seriously, maybe Dave should google Gen Y to see just exactly whom he thinks will save us. :spock: I shudder at the thought....

go bowe
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Because quiver-lipped piles of sanctimonious horseshit attract beat downs like flowers draw bees.quiver-lipped?

where do you come up with these things?

quiver as in quivering?

or quiver as in a bag that holds arrows?

Dallas Chief
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Sarah Palin was simply defending a large group of American citizens who were viciously slandered by a political arm of the democrat/communist party, who pose as a non-profit charity (and amazingly continue to get away with it).

Did Dave Loon disagree with the NAACP? Of course not. Because like his fellow moonbats Amnorix, Orange, Banyon et al. he has no real principles or core values. There is no absolute right and wrong in the moonbat universe. For the Left, the ends justify the means.

He truly is an unthinking moron.

http://www.bondaction.org/images/StopObBumperSticker.gif

It comes from tucking sweaters into your jeans. This phenomenon causes the blood flow from the lower abdomen, know as GUTS, to become impeded on it's way back to the cranial cavity, otherwise known as BRAINS.:D

If you don't believe me, seek and ye shall find...

go bowe
07-14-2010, 12:30 PM
It comes from tucking sweaters into your jeans. This phenomenon causes the blood flow from the lower abdomen, know as GUTS, to become impeded on it's way back to the cranial cavity, otherwise known as BRAINS.:D

If you don't believe me, seek and ye shall find...tucking sweaters into jeans?

oh shit...

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
It comes from tucking sweaters into your jeans.

LMAO

I'm picturing Jenson, Direkshun, Dave Loon et al sitting in a Starbucks.

Duck Dog
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Every race draws racial lines, blacks are no exception. Anyone that has ever been around large, diverse crowds knows that races segregate themselves. This won't change, ever. Stop pretending that people will one day be colored blind, they won't. And let's stop pretending like whitey is the driving force behind racism today, they aren't.

Chief Henry
07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
LMAO

I'm picturing Jenson, Direkshun, Dave Loon et al sitting in a Starbucks sipping
on a cup of Joe and pondering how to get into Mika Brzezinski's pants.

fixed your post

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
fixed your post

tucked in sweater

Holy shit that was good LMAO

max sleeper
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM

:clap: Nailed it! With every generation it will lesson! Just like guns give it 100 years and people will see less/no need for them. Hunting numbers are in decline and rational people understand you do not need a machine gun to shoot a deer! Go Chiefs!

RNR
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM

I think I know why.

He is full of shit. He played the high and mighty race card on me in the Mel Gibson thread. Then I called him out on it and then bumped it later, and once again called him out on another thread, he hid. I found it rather amusing there was nothing about race in my post and he read it a thought it was racist. I pointed out the "racist slang" as he called it was used by a white kid I work with LMAO Yep Dave I hate them white people LMAO

Jenson71
07-14-2010, 07:35 PM
LMAO

I'm picturing you sitting at an unemployment office, sneering at a black man for being a lazy asshole while you blame Obama for your woes.

Thig Lyfe
07-14-2010, 07:43 PM
demoncratic

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Jenson71
07-14-2010, 07:45 PM
fixed your post

If I gave you any thought, I'd probably see you pondering how to get into Zbigniew Brzezinski's pants.

ClevelandBronco
07-14-2010, 08:21 PM
:clap: Nailed it! With every generation it will lesson! Just like guns give it 100 years and people will see less/no need for them. Hunting numbers are in decline and rational people understand you do not need a machine gun to shoot a deer! Go Chiefs!

Good point. You've convinced me that criminals will just decide to go more rational on us with each passing generation thereby making the concept of self-defense obsolete.

I'm glad you're unarmed. With any luck you won't get a chance to breed. You ****ing fool. Go Broncos!

Dallas Chief
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
LMAO

I wasn't joking...ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6056535#post6056535

Lzen
07-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Good point. You've convinced me that criminals will just decide to go more rational on us with each passing generation thereby making the concept of self-defense obsolete.

I'm glad you're unarmed. With any luck you won't get a chance to breed. You ****ing fool. Go Broncos!

I was with you right up until you said go broncos. 4321

googlegoogle
07-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I only see blacks killing and raping whites on the evening news and reading the crime stats. I don't see whites killing or raping blacks.

Isn't it amazing how whites are the bad guys. They don't lay a hand on blacks.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 02:43 AM
I was with you right up until you said go broncos. 4321

It was just a jab at that asinine "Go Chiefs!" shit at the end of his posts.

Chief Henry
07-15-2010, 08:12 AM
If I gave you any thought, I'd probably see you pondering how to get into Zbigniew Brzezinski's pants.

I bet that took you a while to come up with that one :p

Garcia Bronco
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
"On this subject, I can recommend the statement issued by a man I was proud to endorse, Tim Scott, the GOP candidate from South Carolina’s First Congressional District. Tim, poised to become the first African-American Republican Congressman from the former Confederacy since Reconstruction"

The last was in 1901...way past recontruction

Garcia Bronco
07-15-2010, 01:35 PM

At no time did she imply that or state it, Mr Lane. Good grief...read what you want I suppose.