PDA

View Full Version : Obama Happy Daze!! WH declares Stimulus a Great Success!

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
If you always assume that the people are really really stupid and they are really really uninformed, you can say anything true or not.

Christina Romer makes me want to gag.

New White House Report Claims Millions of Jobs ‘Saved or Created’ by Stimulus Bill
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
By Staff, Associated Press

Washington (AP) - A new White House report says last year's $862 billion stimulus law has now "saved or created" between 2.5 million and 3.6 million jobs.

That's up from 2.2 million to 2.8 million in the last quarterly report from the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

Christina Romer, head of the council, says in congressional testimony prepared for Wednesday that every $1 from the stimulus bill is matched by $3 in private money.

She says the law "appears to be stimulating private investment and job creation at a time when the economy needs it most."

President Barack Obama has traveled the country telling voters that as bad as things are, they'd be worse without the stimulus. He acknowledges the message is a tough sell. Obama travels Thursday to Michigan.

Saul Good
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Great news to go along with Harry Reid's revelation that there are no illegals working in construction in NV.

mlyonsd
07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Even if you are naive and partisan enough to believe this crap if you figure the stimulus accounted for 3 million jobs that's $287,333 per job.

That's awesome. Wonder where they post the openings?

mikey23545
07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Whew, that's a load off...

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Christina Romer, head of the council

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff89/GregLilly/miss_piggy.jpg

FD
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Even if you are naive and partisan enough to believe this crap if you figure the stimulus accounted for 3 million jobs that's $287,333 per job.

That's awesome. Wonder where they post the openings?

A lot of the money also went towards materials, etc. It takes more than jobs to build highways.

Whether some people like it are not the truth is there are several million more jobs in this country right now than there would be without that stimulus bill.

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 11:58 AM
A lot of the money also went towards materials, etc. It takes more than jobs to build highways.

Whether some people like it are not the truth is there are several million more jobs in this country right now than there would be without that stimulus bill.

Just no one can see where they are other than day labor, census and such. The companies that provided materials for highways are still laying people off...the highway projects are not even slated to begin other than the ones states had underway and were moved into the stimulus fund bucket. I know of 6 I can drive you to that were state funded, planned and underway. they just paid for what was online to be done with fed funds. Zero jobs were produced.

mlyonsd
07-14-2010, 12:02 PM

So it was a success?

FD
07-14-2010, 12:10 PM
So it was a success?

I would say that, while not perfect, it was a success. There are criticisms you can make based on the composition, timing and size (too small in my view) of the spending, but there is no denying that there are millions more jobs right now because of it. And so I'd call it a success.

And to be clear on another thing, the Census jobs are not included in the numbers in the OP because the Census was not funded by ARRA.

mikey23545
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM

ROFL

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Good lord. Someone let another ObamaParrot into the room. Feed him some seeds and a cracker till we can get the DistortedFacts.com.gov.obama to come get him

mlyonsd
07-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I would say that, while not perfect, it was a success. There are criticisms you can make based on the composition, timing and size (too small in my view) of the spending, but there is no denying that there are millions more jobs right now because of it. And so I'd call it a success.

And to be clear on another thing, the Census jobs are not included in the numbers in the OP because the Census was not funded by ARRA.

It wasn't even a success by Obama and the dem congress's own standards.

I suppose there are some silver linings for some people when you borrow and hand out $862,000,000,000.

FD
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Good lord. Someone let another ObamaParrot into the room. Feed him some seeds and a cracker till we can get the DistortedFacts.com.gov.obama to come get him

I didn't vote for Obama and I would not call myself a supporter of his, but I do agree with most economists in their assessment of the fiscal stimulus, namely that it created millions of jobs.

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Have you seen bigfoot or ever owned a Unicorn?

mikey23545
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I took a nasty, post-Taco Bell shit this morning.

According to my estimates, it saved or created eleventy billion jobs, not just in the U.S. but around the world.

go bowe
07-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I took a nasty, post-Taco Bell shit this morning.

According to my estimates, it saved or created eleventy billion jobs, not just in the U.S. but around the world.wow, we should all go to taco bell tonight...

The Mad Crapper
07-14-2010, 02:20 PM

LMAO