PDA

View Full Version : Poop Dick Cheney on his last legs or hoping for a heart transplant

dirk digler
07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Somewhere patteeu is crying.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,596725,00.html

Former Vice President Dick Cheney, who has a long history of heart problems, has been fitted with a left ventricular assist device (LVAD), which is a battery-operated, mechanical pump-type device that's surgically implanted to help a weakened heart sustain life.

Cheney, 69, underwent the procedure last week at Inova Fairfax Heart and Vascular Institute in Falls Church, Va.

In a statement, Cheney said he decided to get the LVAD implanted after it “became clear that he was entering a new phase of the disease” when he began experiencing congestive heart failure.

About 5 million Americans have congestive heart failure, where the heart weakens over time — often as a result of heart attacks — and cannot pump enough blood. Heart transplants are one solution, but few patients find a donor and many are too old or sick for a transplant.

According to the American Heart Association (AHA) the device is sometimes called a “bridge to transplant” because it can “buy time” for the patient.

“In most cases, people who have LVADS are waiting or are being considered for a heart transplant,” Dr. Nieca Goldberg, medical director of the NYU Women’s Heart Program in New York City told FoxNews.com. ”The device helps people with heart failure that have really reduced heart function due to heart muscle damage. Every time he (Cheney) had a heart attack, some amount of heart muscle was damaged,” she said.
<!-- QUIGO --> <!-- QUIGO --> <script type="text/javascript"> var adsonar_placementId="1425888",adsonar_pid="151757",adsonar_ps="-1",adsonar_zw=224;adsonar_zh=93,adsonar_jv="ads.adsonar.com"; &nbs</script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://js.adsonar.com/js/adsonar.js"></script>
A common type of LVAD has a tube that pulls blood from the left ventricle into a pump, the AHA said on its website. The pump then sends blood into the aorta (the large blood vessel leaving the left ventricle), which helps the weakened ventricle.

“The interesting thing about the LVAD is that people are really mobile,” Goldberg said. “It’s small enough so people can walk around with it.”
The pump is located in the upper part of the abdomen. Another tube attached to the pump is brought out of the abdominal wall to the outside of the body and attached to the pump's battery and control system, according to the AHA.

Patients with LVADs, like Cheney, can be discharged from the hospital and have an acceptable quality of life while they wait for a donor to become available.

“This will help him have a more active life,” Goldberg said. “He won’t be running marathons, but his life will be better with it than without it.”

According to an abstract presented at the American Heart Association's 2005 Scientific Sessions, LVADs reduced the risk of death in end-stage heart failure patients by 50 percent at 6 and 12 months, and extended the average life span from 3.1 months to more than 10 months.

LVADs are being studied for use as a permanent therapy for people with severe heart failure who aren't transplant candidates.

Cheney has dealt with heart problems for much of his adult life, suffering five heart attacks since age 37.

healthpellets
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
g'luck to him.

Mojo Jojo
07-14-2010, 04:37 PM
It is hard to believe DC is only 69. He has the body and the look of someone 80+.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
It is hard to believe DC is only 69. He has the body and the look of someone 80+.

Never underestimate the power of a guilty conscious.

Bill Parcells
07-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Good luck to him. he had his first heart attack when he was pretty young. in his early 50's I think.

healthpellets
07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Good luck to him. he had his first heart attack when he was pretty young. in his early 50's I think.

HonestChieffan
07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Hope he recovers and lives many years.

Direckshun
07-14-2010, 05:39 PM
All I know is that he'd really balance out a Palin presidential ticket in 2012.

:)

Rain Man
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I know what you're thinking, patteeu, but don't do it. You can't be a donor.

RJ
07-14-2010, 06:28 PM

Patteau doesn't like to talk about it but he's already given Cheney a kidney and his left eye. Truly selfless acts.

fan4ever
07-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Never underestimate the power of a guilty conscious.

Compared to the rest of the nutsacks in Washington, at least he has a "conscious"...or is even "conscious".

dirk digler
07-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Compared to the rest of the nutsacks in Washington, at least he has a "conscious"...or is even "conscious".

If he had a conscious he would save the taxpayers alot of money by not getting the procedure and going sooner than later. We are probably footing the bill for him to stay alive for 10 more months ;)

Brainiac
07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
If he had a conscious he would save the taxpayers alot of money by not getting the procedure and going sooner than later. We are probably footing the bill for him to stay alive for 10 more months ;)

JFC, do ANY libs know how to spell "conscience"????

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM

Wow. Dirk, you know I'm no Cheney fan...but tween-girl-like-glee over a dude that has served his country so long and well, as Cheney (despite whatever partisan/ideological disagreement you may have with him)....is not becoming, IMHO.

But whatever, I guess. It's one of the reasons why I'm only an ocassional drop-in around here anymore... :shake:

FWIW, I still luv ya, and hope you are having a good summer, and great year. :toast:

teedubya
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
This is hard to believe that Cheney has a HEART!!!1

Taco John
07-14-2010, 11:17 PM
But whatever, I guess. It's one of the reasons why I'm only an ocassional drop-in around here anymore... :shake:

The other reason is that everyone from every side of every aisle bends you over a rock every time you drag your mud flaps in here.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 12:37 AM

Wow, I really was thinking that. You're impressive.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Dick Cheney on his last legs or hoping for a heart transplant
God I hope not. We still haven't been treated to the sight of him handcuffed and heading to jail.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Hope he recovers and lives many years.

Me too. See above.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
All I know is that he'd really balance out a Palin presidential ticket in 2012.

He already HAD one empty-headed puppet on his lap. This would be the same act, different puppet.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Wow. Dirk, you know I'm no Cheney fan...but tween-girl-like-glee over a dude that has served his company so long and well, as Cheney (despite whatever partisan/ideological disagreement you may have with him)....is not becoming, IMHO.

FYP

Frankie
07-15-2010, 01:15 AM
This is hard to believe that Cheney has a HEART!!!1

They are trying to build him one piece by piece.

Mr. Kotter
07-15-2010, 05:50 AM
The other reason is that everyone from every side of every aisle bends you over a rock every time you drag your mud flaps in here.

In your fairy dreams I-thaac. Closet pillow-biter "man."

mlyonsd
07-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Even if he were on life support Cheney would be a better leader than the idiot in charge now.

Dave Lane
07-15-2010, 06:44 AM

This. I Was stunned if you said he was 89 I'd have believed it.

dirk digler
07-15-2010, 06:53 AM
JFC, do ANY libs know how to spell "conscience"????

it's a joke lighten up francis

Wow. Dirk, you know I'm no Cheney fan...but tween-girl-like-glee over a dude that has served his country so long and well, as Cheney (despite whatever partisan/ideological disagreement you may have with him)....is not becoming, IMHO.

FWIW, I still luv ya, and hope you are having a good summer, and great year. :toast:

I am not gleeful because he could still potentially get a heart transplant. Which will be interesting considering anyone over 65 are usually denied for such procedures. Does Cheney with his advanced age and shitty health deserve a healthy heart over someone younger and that has a longer life expectancy? I am more interested in that than whether he dies now or 6 months from now.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 06:58 AM
This. I Was stunned if you said he was 89 I'd have believed it.

Are you guys kidding? He's a little overweight, but he looks pretty young and vibrant to me.

It's a shame that someone will have to die for Dick Cheney to get a heart, but if it happens to be an Obama voter it will at least be a way for them to repay the country for the damage they helped do in Nov 2008.

mlyonsd
07-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Are you guys kidding? He's a little overweight, but he looks pretty young and vibrant to me.

It's a shame that someone will have to die for Dick Cheney to get a heart, but if it happens to be an Obama voter it will at least be a way for them to repay the country for the damage they helped do in Nov 2008.

It would take at least two Obama voter hearts hooked up in series to power the man named Cheney. Maybe three.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 07:20 AM
It would take at least two Obama voter hearts hooked up in series to power the man named Cheney. Maybe three.

You're probably right. Good thing he doesn't need a brain transplant.

blaise
07-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Obama can cure his supporters hearts with hope. He touches them with an ET finger and they begin to glow and watch MSNBC.

Velvet_Jones
07-15-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm a partisan asshole
Frankie - you are an ass. You of all people should empathize with what Cheney is going through because you had a heart attack a few years ago. Your sister even got on this board and ask for our prayers for you.

Why don't you stick to what you know - "What terrorist eat" or STFU is another option.

dirk digler
07-15-2010, 08:14 AM

He doesn't deserve to get a transplant but if you think he does why don't you donate yours?

patteeu
07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
He doesn't deserve to get a transplant but if you think he does why don't you donate yours?

Repost

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 08:24 AM

LMAO

VIBRANT

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/01/Dick-Cheney-Wheelchair.jpg

dirk digler
07-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Repost

You didn't answer the question the first time.

PunkinDrublic
07-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Trying to find sympathy but I've got other priorities.

Cave Johnson
07-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Patteau doesn't like to talk about it but he's already given Cheney a kidney and his left eye. Truly selfless acts.

Not to mention the reach arounds when Lynn was away.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 09:43 AM

Funny

Funny

Not to mention the reach arounds when Lynn was away.

Attempted funny

Frankie
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Even if he were on life support Cheney would be a better leader than the idiot in charge now.

ROFLROFLROFL
Classic post of the decade.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Nailed it, didn't he?

Donger
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
God I hope not. We still haven't been treated to the sight of him handcuffed and heading to jail.

For what?

Frankie
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Frankie - you are an ass. You of all people should empathize with what Cheney is going through because you had a heart attack a few years ago. Your sister even got on this board and ask for our prayers for you.

Why don't you stick to what you know - "What terrorist eat" or STFU is another option.

You may have some talent in changing someone else's quote, but what you do not have is the talent to at least sound intelligent. Yes I did have a heart event. But that's the only thing I share with that soul-less bastard. I am not party to 4K+ American dead just to get myself and my friends at Halliburton and Blackwater, etc. rich. Nor have I been party to gross treason. I have NO sympathy for that vampire.

And oh, BTW, I do not have a sister, so you are full of shit there too.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Trying to find sympathy but I've got other priorities.

:LOL: Me too. Priorities like taking my morning dump.

blaise
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
You may have some talent in changing someone else's quote, but what you do not have is the talent to at least sound intelligent. Yes I did have a heart event. But that's the only thing I share with that soul-less bastard. I am not party to 4K+ American dead just to get myself and my friends at Halliburton and Blackwater, etc. rich. Nor have I been party to gross treason. I have NO sympathy for that vampire.

Maybe the same secret group that got Ted Kennedy drunk and then placed him behind the wheel of a car and drove it into a river, leaving that girl to drown before secretly whisking an innocent unconscious Kennedy away and framing Kennedy for the whole thing were part of it, too. I bet they were, huh? Crazy diabolical stuff the way they set up poor Teddy.

Donger
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142292&highlight=Good+thoughts

Frankie
07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142292&highlight=Good+thoughts

Still, I DO NOT HAVE A SISTER. And still Velvet_Jones is full of shit.

Donger
07-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Still, I DO NOT HAVE A SISTER.

You may want to re-read that thread, Frankie.

Rain Man
07-15-2010, 11:02 AM
I am not gleeful because he could still potentially get a heart transplant. Which will be interesting considering anyone over 65 are usually denied for such procedures. Does Cheney with his advanced age and shitty health deserve a healthy heart over someone younger and that has a longer life expectancy? I am more interested in that than whether he dies now or 6 months from now.

I don't have a link, but I think there's some plan afoot to sew him to Pat Summerall so they can share their liver and heart. It's an efficient use of resources, but the downside is that they'll share a blood supply and Cheney is a mean drunk.

Velvet_Jones
07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Still, I DO NOT HAVE A SISTER. And still Velvet_Jones is full of shit.

So you want to point out that I didn't remember that it was your girlfriend not your sister that wrote the post. OK.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
There's still time to make Cheney King of the Country for a few months.

He'd have this middle east nonsense fixed in no time. They'd be paying us to take their oil and it would save the economy.

Meanwhile he'd be grooming Rummy to take over the reigns when he dies.

Cheney/Rummy in 2011!!!

(but in all seriousness, I believe Cheney would've made an excellent President. Hate his politics if you want, but he's a truly brilliant man and a no-nonsense leader)

Cave Johnson
07-15-2010, 01:49 PM
There's still time to make Cheney King of the Country for a few months.

He'd have this middle east nonsense fixed in no time. They'd be paying us to take their oil and it would save the economy.

Meanwhile he'd be grooming Rummy to take over the reigns when he dies.

Cheney/Rummy in 2011!!!

(but in all seriousness, I believe Cheney would've made an excellent President. Hate his politics if you want, but he's a truly brilliant man and a no-nonsense leader)

The same guy that tortured detainees and pushed demonstrably false intelligence in the run up to the war? Intelligence like this:

"Wilkerson told me that after the end of the meeting, he got a copy of the paper and determined it was a newspaper clipping that had been retyped in the vice president's office to be presented as "intelligence."

He'd be a great president? Seriously, f that guy.

http://www.slate.com/id/2129686

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Good luck, Frankie. You'd better get yourself healthy because this is the year for the Chiefs and you don't want to miss it.

Well, compared with 2007, 2008 and 2009 you were dead nuts on with this one, my friend.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
The same guy that tortured detainees and pushed demonstrably false intelligence in the run up to the war? Intelligence like this:

"Wilkerson told me that after the end of the meeting, he got a copy of the paper and determined it was a newspaper clipping that had been retyped in the vice president's office to be presented as "intelligence."

No, I think you've got him confused with someone else. Maybe a character from a cartoon or a movie. :shrug:

Frankie
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
You may want to re-read that thread, Frankie.

I think YOU really should. Fariba is my wife, not my sister. Look below, we don't even look like each other to suspect my father playing around years ago.

Donger
07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I think YOU really should. Fariba is my wife, not my sister. Look below, we don't even look like each other to suspect my father playing around years ago.

I know she's your wife. I was suggesting that you re-read the thread to recall all the well wishes you received during your brush with death.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
So you want to point out that I didn't remember that it was your girlfriend not your sister that wrote the post. OK.

No, I want to point out that your posts are consistently erroneous, trivial or not. Nothing you say is based on any fact or knowledge. You are one of the few here who just like to say something, anything, when grown ups are talking.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2010, 02:44 PM

I mean if I can't trust the sources of a guy that says "the same guy that tortured detainees...." then who can I trust?

And if I'm given a choice between a guy that tortures terrorists and a guy that caters to their whims, I'm going with the former.

To each their own.

Frankie
07-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I know she's your wife. I was suggesting that you re-read the thread to recall all the well wishes you received during your brush with death.

I have NEVER forgotten that. Never will. My only regret is that I only got a chance to thanks-rep only about half of the well wishers. I actually lost track of how far I went with it.

Cave Johnson
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I mean if I can't trust the sources of a guy that says "the same guy that tortured detainees...." then who can I trust?

So Cheney wasn't part of the leadership that, post 9/11, authorized waterboarding? Gotcha.

And if I'm given a choice between a guy that tortures terrorists and a guy that caters to their whims, I'm going with the former.

To each their own.

I'm for effective interrogation techniques. Waterboarding isn't.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/09/badintelligence/

DJ's left nut
07-15-2010, 03:00 PM
So Cheney wasn't part of the leadership that, post 9/11, authorized waterboarding? Gotcha.

Oh.

So now being part of leadership is the same as actually doing it. Gotchya. Oh yeah, and nevermind the fact that I don't think the 'detainees' (i.e. terrorists) have any rights anyway. The only thing that concerns me about the torture of our enemies is that it discourages peaceful surrenders and puts our soldiers in additional danger. I couldn't really care less about the vermin we're doing it to.

The fact that you fellas are still up in arms over waterboarding is pretty hysterical. Your boy is driving our country into a mountain right now, I'd go ahead and move past a few drenched terrorists.

But again, that's just me.

patteeu
07-15-2010, 03:03 PM

So a few scientists who have no experience with waterboarding say that it's not effective simply because they couldn't find a peer-reviewed, scientific study confirming it's results? How compelling. *yawn*

Here's what a CIA interrogator who has since decided that he thinks waterboarding is torture has to say about it's actual results (http://in.ibtimes.com/articles/20071212/waterboarding-torture-cia-al-qaeda.htm):

Former CIA interrogator John Kiriakou told U.S. news media that suspected al Qaeda lieutenant Abu Zubaida agreed to cooperate after being subjected to the simulated drowning technique for less than a minute by CIA officials in 2002.

"It was like flipping a switch," he told the Washington Post

The guy's wrong about what constitutes "torture", but that's something that is a matter of opinion. He's considerably more informed about it's effectiveness than your scientists though.

Cave Johnson
07-15-2010, 03:03 PM
As for the source, he was in No End in Sight and Why We Fight. He's clearly not a Cheney fan and could have an axe to grind, sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Wilkerson

Donger
07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
I have NEVER forgotten that. Never will. My only regret is that I only got a chance to thanks-rep only about half of the well wishers. I actually lost track of how far I went with it.

Good. So you remember that you were given well-wishes from some people who don't particularly like you, but yet you seem to hope that Cheney would die.

Is that a correct take on your position?

Cave Johnson
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh.

So now being part of leadership is the same as actually doing it. Gotchya.

I'm sure you, the product of a fine MU legal education, actually believed I was saying that Cheney, a man with cardiac problems, administered the waterboarding himself.

Oh yeah, and nevermind the fact that I don't think the 'detainees' (i.e. terrorists) have any rights anyway.

That's debatable. You're clearly from the John Yoo school of thought on the issue.

The only thing that concerns me about the torture of our enemies is that it discourages peaceful surrenders and puts our soldiers in additional danger. I couldn't really care less about the vermin we're doing it to.

Nor do I. You can add assists with Al-Qaeda recruiting to that list.

The fact that you fellas are still up in arms over waterboarding is pretty hysterical. Your boy is driving our country into a mountain right now, I'd go ahead and move past a few drenched terrorists.

But again, that's just me.

Not up in arms, just don't think he's anything close to presidential material. Who piloted the country into a mountain is a whole different debate.

KC native
07-16-2010, 01:52 AM
So, is the bastard fucking dead yet?

LaChapelle
07-16-2010, 05:09 AM
The only good thing about Cheney is what this is doing to Fred Phelps
load up the vans - unload the vans - load up the vans - unload...

Velvet_Jones
07-16-2010, 07:22 AM
No, I want to point out that your posts are consistently erroneous, trivial or not. Nothing you say is based on any fact or knowledge. You are one of the few here who just like to say something, anything, when grown ups are talking.

No - you want to be a hypocritical asshole like most liberal people. I'm sorry that I do not consider you the center of the universe but you did have a similar issue with Cheney and you had plenty of well-wishers even though a significant portion of them totally disagree with your liberal mind-set. Maybe those people should of just responded "Fuck Frankie - he is a piece of shit liberal and I hope he dies". That would be in line with the way you are acting.

This is why I have an issue with liberals. They are a bunch of self centered assholes.

VAChief
07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
I disagreed vehemently with his ideas and world view, however I sincerely wish him the best with his health difficulties.

patteeu
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
I disagreed vehemently with his ideas and world view, ...

:doh!: :D

...however I sincerely wish him the best with his health difficulties.

:thumb:

Bwana
07-16-2010, 08:15 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, but true. At least he would do A LOT less damage than the pile of dung in there now.

Bwana
07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
So, is the bastard ****ing dead yet?

No, Obama is still around, but thanks for asking. :thumb:

Frankie
07-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but true. At least he would do A LOT less damage than the pile of dung in there now.

You don't think he damaged the U.S. with his war, and economic policies. How could anybody inflict more damage than the Bush administration? Besides whether you agree with Obama policies or not his administration is a work in progress and should be judged later as opposed to that of Bush/Cheney.

patteeu
07-16-2010, 09:27 PM
You don't think he damaged the U.S. with his war, and economic policies. How could anybody inflict more damage than the Bush administration? Besides whether you agree with Obama policies or not his administration is a work in progress and should be judged later as opposed to that of Bush/Cheney.

No. I don't.

MadMax
07-16-2010, 10:16 PM
No, Obama is still around, but thanks for asking. :thumb:

And that's a shame.

Frankie
07-17-2010, 10:57 PM
No. I don't.

Okay, Bwana.

mlyonsd
07-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Okay, Bwana.

Bush damaged America by over spending, I'll give you that. It set the stage for the stooge in charge now.

Other than that you're just flailing your arms.

Frankie
07-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Bush damaged America by over spending, I'll give you that. It set the stage for the stooge in charge now.

Other than that you're just flailing your arms.

No. I'm being fair. Obama has disappointed me in many areas. But some other policies that he has implemented I have hope for. So to me he gets an incomplete grade for now.

teedubya
07-18-2010, 06:53 PM
http://www.isdickcheneydeadyet.com/

Velvet_Jones
07-19-2010, 07:20 AM
How could anybody inflict more damage than the Bush administration? Besides whether you agree with Obama policies or not his administration is a work in progress and should be judged later as opposed to that of Bush/Cheney.

Hehehehe - why does Obama deserve the luxury of time when Bush was never afforded that? Could it be you are an insincere asshole? Why does Obama get a pass? This is an amazing statement on your part. Over half of America disagrees with you. Statements like this confirm to me that the majority of liberals are stupid idiots.

Velvet_Jones
07-19-2010, 07:22 AM
No. I'm being fair. Obama has disappointed me in many areas. But some other policies that he has implemented I have hope for. So to me he gets an incomplete grade for now.

Name one. And no you are not being fair. You are being stupid.

Radar Chief
07-19-2010, 07:23 AM
No. I'm being fair.

:LOL: :bong: