PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Voting democrat and a thought from a conservative

Mile High Mania
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
I saw this link on Facebook... thought it would fit well here. Discuss....

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xryXpK042pQ&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

petegz28
07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
The fact that the earth has 2 poles doesn't make her bi-polar, like....YOU.

LMAO

blaise
07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
"Obviously he's just an Uncle Tom doing bidding for Repiblicans."

Mile High Mania
07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't know how factual all of that information is or who this guy is and what he's all about ... but, I thought it was good to watch.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
I had no intention of watching the entire presentation once I saw how long it was, but it turned out to be engaging enough that I wound up fronting my man a piece of ear. (Yo, Donger ain't the onliest wrinkly old geezer 'round here who can lay it down verbally, my African-American brothers, know what I mean?)

The man mixes in a dose of speculation with his history and his body language might indicate that even he doesn't fully believe everything he's saying, but it was worth the watch despite any of that.

The Mad Crapper
07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
"Obviously he's just an Uncle Tom doing bidding for Repiblicans."

You spelled republakens wrong! :drool:

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
This is a pretty stupid video.

In the first two minutes, the video links the KKK to P. Diddy.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
"You're going to find that the word 'Democrat' is being replaced by the word 'conservative.'

Democrats are changing the language!"

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Democrats are "sore losers" because the phrase "global warming" has turned into "climate change."

The entire part on climate change is pretty terrible.

thecoffeeguy
07-15-2010, 10:09 AM

I thought it was pretty informative actually.
Went back to check some facts and the guy nailed it on quite a few things.

I can see why Democrats would not like this video. They dislike the truth.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Democrats are "sore losers" because the phrase "global warming" has turned into "climate change."

The entire part on climate change is pretty terrible.

Why?

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Truman was in the KKK, but didn't stick around for the slumber parties.

Edit: But to prove he was "cool," he ended segregation in the military. You know, token gestures like that.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
"You're going to find that the word 'Democrat' is being replaced by the word 'conservative.'

Democrats are changing the language!"

This is nothing new for Democrats. The already hi-jacked the word "liberal" an changed it's fundamental definition, imo. And they are now using the label of Democrat to guise the real fact that they are Progressives.

This Admin. has proved one thing if any, that they are not in the least bit Democratic.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:16 AM
This video has an intense misunderstanding of Democrats and Republicans.

Democrats were pro-slavery. And up until the CRA, they were pro-segregation.

Therefore, the Democratic Party, as we know it today, hates black people.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
I made it about seven minutes.

This video reminds me of that crazy black preacher that conservatives loved during the 2008 election who sang "Obama and Larry Sinclair had a steamy love affair." Which, no doubt, was a phenomenal song, but this crazy shit, coming out of a black guy's mouth, is crack cocaine to conservatives for some reason.

I don't pretend to know why, and I don't particularly care. I don't need to drop 18 minutes on this guy to know he's approximately full of it.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
This video has an intense misunderstanding of Democrats and Republicans.

Democrats were pro-slavery. And up until the CRA, they were pro-segregation.

Therefore, the Democratic Party, as we know it today, hates black people.

Um, the guy nailed it, whether you want to believe it or not. The Dems don't hate black people. Quite the contrary. They love them because it is a base they have been able to manipulate and control for their own agenda. The sad part is, and I have argued this for years and years is that the Democratic Party loves black people for all the wrong reasons.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:22 AM

This video reminds me of that crazy black preacher that conservatives loved during the 2008 election who sang "Obama and Larry Sinclair had a steamy love affair." Which, no doubt, was a phenomenal song, but this crazy shit, coming out of a black guy's mouth, is crack cocaine to conservatives for some reason.

I don't pretend to know why, and I don't particularly care. I don't need to drop 18 minutes on this guy to know he's approximately full of it.

In other words the truth hurts your ears. :thumb:

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:26 AM
This is nothing new for Democrats. The already hi-jacked the word "liberal" an changed it's fundamental definition, imo. And they are now using the label of Democrat to guise the real fact that they are Progressives.

This Admin. has proved one thing if any, that they are not in the least bit Democratic.

Um, the guy nailed it, whether you want to believe it or not. The Dems don't hate black people. Quite the contrary. They love them because it is a base they have been able to manipulate and control for their own agenda. The sad part is, and I have argued this for years and years is that the Democratic Party loves black people for all the wrong reasons.

Seriously, I don't know what demonic entities you believe run the Democratic Party, but I suggest you step away from Michael Savage for a while.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Seriously, I don't know what demonic entities you believe run the Democratic Party, but I suggest you step away from Michael Savage for a while.

Why would I need to listen to Savage when I can judge the Dems based on the actions I see them take with my own 2 eyes?

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Why would I need to listen to Savage when I can judge the Dems based on the actions I see them take with my own 2 eyes?

This entire speech could have come out of Michael Savage's mouth. He's made the exact same argument a hundred times on his program.

It's clear you ingest the man's material. I see it in your arguments all the time.

I'm just saying, dump Savage. Because this bullshit makes you sound retarded.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
This entire speech could have come out of Michael Savage's mouth. He's made the exact same argument a hundred times on his program.

It's clear you ingest the man's material. I see it in your arguments all the time.

I'm just saying, dump Savage. Because this bullshit makes you sound retarded.

You sound butthurt over the truth. And FTR, I haven't listened to Savage for a long time. :doh!:

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:44 AM
You sound butthurt over the truth. And FTR, I haven't listened to Savage for a long time. :doh!:

I'm sure you haven't. It's very clear you hold him in high regard.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm sure you haven't. It's very clear you hold him in high regard.

I like Savage. I think he speaks the truth the way it should be spoken, for the most part. That being said, he is on at a time that is not convenient for me to listen.

That doesn't refute what the guy in the OP video said though. Which was pretty much spot on.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I like Savage. I think he speaks the truth the way it should be spoken, for the most part. That being said, he is on at a time that is not convenient for me to listen.

Exactly. You believe Michael Savage speaks the truth.

You have just endorsed, "for the most part," the worldview of a fringe talk radio host.

If that does not send gigantic red flags up your mental flagpole, I can't help you.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM

I'm not surprised you'd think so, Juco boy.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not surprised you'd think so, Juco boy.

Recall, please, that I am a sissy girl.

Please stick to the script. I will not ask you again.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Exactly. You believe Michael Savage speaks the truth.

You have just endorsed, "for the most part," the worldview of a fringe talk radio host.

If that does not send gigantic red flags up your mental flagpole, I can't help you.

I don't see him as fringe. He has his moments but for the most part he is probably one of the most educated people in talk radio. I know it pains you to have to deal with that.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Recall, please, that I am a sissy girl.

Please stick to the script. I will not ask you again.

Love this new persona. Very devil-may-care.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't see him as fringe. He has his moments but for the most part he is probably one of the most educated people in talk radio. I know it pains you to have to deal with that.

I know you don't see him as fringe. That's my point.

This is the world you live in now. Talk radio speaks the truth.

I mean, my god. You haven't always been there, but you're there now. I just hope it's a phase.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I know you don't see him as fringe. That's my point.

This is the world you live in now. Talk radio speaks the truth.

I mean, my god. You haven't always been there, but you're there now. I just hope it's a phase.

Fine, read what you want to read. I said HE speaks the truth for the most part. You can extrapolate that to mean somthing I never said if that is what you wish to do. I guess when he was slamming Bush and the Repubs he was on the fringe as well? Maybe compared to Rush and Hannity. That's your problem. You listen to more talk radio than I ever could so there is no point of even discussing this with you.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Fine, read what you want to read. I said HE speaks the truth for the most part. You can extrapolate that to mean somthing I never said if that is what you wish to do. I guess when he was slamming Bush and the Repubs he was on the fringe as well? Maybe compared to Rush and Hannity. That's your problem. You listen to more talk radio than I ever could so there is no point of even discussing this with you.

He has always been on the fringe, Pete. You don't get that because you've bought the package.

Enjoy it. That's your life for the time being. But's it's really, really pathetic.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 11:29 AM
He has always been on the fringe, Pete. You don't get that because you've bought the package.

Enjoy it. That's your life for the time being. But's it's really, really pathetic.

The fringe of what? Liberalism? What is he on the fringe of?

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
The fringe of what? Liberalism? What is he on the fringe of?

He's a fringe Christianist and fringe neolibertarian and fringe conspiracy theorist.

He's a fringe a lot of things, Pete. The guy is nowhere in the vacinity of sensibility.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Savage is smack dab in the middle of bat shit crazy.

And I haven't even heard the guy since Obama took over. I can only imagine.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
He's a fringe Christianist and fringe neolibertarian and fringe conspiracy theorist.

He's a fringe a lot of things, Pete. The guy is nowhere in the vacinity of sensibility.

So when he was slamming Bush and the Repubs, the same thing the Dems were doing, what's that mean?

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
So when he was slamming Bush and the Repubs, the same thing the Dems were doing, what's that mean?

That he has a long and consistent history of being bat shit crazy.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
That he has a long and consistent history of being bat shit crazy.

I'd call him anything but crazy. Colorful? Over the top? Yes.

Direckshun
07-15-2010, 11:50 AM
As strong as CB's answer is there...

I don't know how long you've been listening to Savage, but he's been a Christianist, neolibertarian conspiracy theorist even throughout the Bush years. Criticism of the Bush administration doesn't change that.

petegz28
07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
As strong as CB's answer is there...

I don't know how long you've been listening to Savage, but he's been a Christianist, neolibertarian conspiracy theorist even throughout the Bush years. Criticism of the Bush administration doesn't change that.

I all agree about the Christianist part, and that is where I tend to part ways with him. Other than that, the man is usually spot on about everything else.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I'd call him anything but crazy. Colorful? Over the top? Yes.

Yeah, he's colorful. The color they paint mental institutions. Yeah, he's over the top. He got over the top of that wall surrounding the asylum.

Mile High Mania
07-15-2010, 11:54 AM

So, anyone that shares this thought is 'crazy'... interesting.

Neither political party owns the patent on crazy, they're both full of it. But, I do think there's a lot of truth to what the guy in the video is saying. Is it 100% factual? Likely not, but few things ever said are 100% factual when it comes to politics.

notorious
07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I do not understand this:

If a person on this board disagrees with one take that another has, they automatically don't believe it and try to discredit EVERYTHING else that person says.

There are truths and non-truths in every walk of life. Do not discredit everything this guy said because some of his statements didn't sit well with you. That would be the very definition of "Closed Minded".

petegz28
07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah, he's colorful. The color they paint mental institutions. Yeah, he's over the top. He got over the top of that wall surrounding the asylum.

Be sure to include yourself in that because I would lay money you agree with his positions more than you disagree.

Chief Faithful
07-15-2010, 12:26 PM

ROFL With that logic we are all on the fringe of something. Thanks for the laugh.