PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Calling Rain Man & DaFace

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I will be in Denver next week for a conference, staying in downtown. What are some restaurants/bars/pubs that I should not miss?

I'll have some free time on Sunday and then after 5pm each day Monday - Thursday. Any museums/activities/venues that I should definitely check out?

Thanks!

DMAC
07-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Screw that, go hiking. Be awesome.

Von Dumbass
07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Elway's is a great steakhouse.

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Elway's is a great steakhouse.

I'd rather starve.

Count Zarth
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Go to Elway's and take a giant dump. On the walls.

CaliforniaChief
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
I'd rather starve.

LMAO

DaFace
07-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm not a huge foodie, so I can't help you too much there. Some of the brewpubs I like are Wynkoop, Breckenridge, and (though it's a chain) Rock Bottom. LoDo's is also a pretty cool bar/restaurant type of place.

The Denver Art Museum is pretty close to downtown, and they have the traveling King Tut exhibit there right now that is supposed to be pretty cool. I've never been, but the Mint is supposed to be a decent tour, though you have to reserve a spot I think. If you're up for a bus ride, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is pretty cool. It's somewhat kid-oriented, but has a ton of stuff for adults to love too.

If nothing else, just head down to LoDo (the area - not the restaurant) in the evenings. You're sure to find something to do down there.

Count Zarth
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I miss Rock Bottom so much. Spinach Artichoke Dip FTW.

shakesthecat
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Check out Red Rocks, then head over to the Morrison Inn for a drink/dinner

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Check out Red Rocks, then head over to the Morrison Inn for a drink/dinner

I want to go to Red Rocks. I'm strongly considering going there Tuesday night for the 311/Offspring/Pepper concert.

tymania
07-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I miss Rock Bottom so much. Spinach Artichoke Dip FTW.

just got one here in omaha a while back... really good! i love their burgers and beer.. great stuff

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 09:23 AM
I was in Denver last year. A few things I learned:
1. Pay close attention to the airport. That's where humanity will survive when Armageddon occurs. (Seriously, research it.)
2. There's a little theatre down by the convention center that advertises "Midget Madness" and features a woman named "Sassy Cassie".
3. There's a street vendor downtown that serves Elk Sausages and other wild game. Hit him up dude, it's awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
07-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I will be in Denver next week for a conference, staying in downtown. What are some restaurants/bars/pubs that I should not miss?

I'll have some free time on Sunday and then after 5pm each day Monday - Thursday. Any museums/activities/venues that I should definitely check out?

Thanks!

The Denver Chop House is pretty good. I have no idea about bars or pubs.

I always recommend driving up to Mount Evans if you have time, or going down to the Springs and riding the Cog Railway to the summit of Pike's Peak.

Donger
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh, and the 16th Street Mall (not really a mall) has tons of restaurants and shops.

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh, and I toured Invesco, btw. Nice stadium, especially after I pissed all over the executive bathroom and wiped a snot rocket on their Elway display.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I was in Denver last year. A few things I learned:
1. Pay close attention to the airport. That's where humanity will survive when Armageddon occurs. (Seriously, research it.)

Que? I've been to the Denver airport several times. What caused you trouble?

MagicHef
07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Sushi Den and Jack-n-Grill are my favorites. Neither is in Downtown, though, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to get to either.

Donger
07-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Just ignore him. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

shakesthecat
07-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I want to go to Red Rocks. I'm strongly considering going there Tuesday night for the 311/Offspring/Pepper concert.

Do it!
It's an amazing venue.

A 2nd for driving up to Mt Evans as well

Reaper16
07-15-2010, 09:43 AM
I made a similar thread earlier this year. Plenty of recommendations here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6689642

Two restaurants that I would make you substantially less awesome if you didn't go to:
Bones - a very small Asian-fusion noodle bowl place. Bad-ass pork buns and the bowls noodle bowls are really inventive yet refined.

Biker Jim's - Biker Jim specializes in sausage. He cooks out of a food cart; you'll find him at 16th & Arapahoe right in the downtown mall. We're talking Alaskan Reindeer, Elk-Cheddar-Jalapeno Bratwurst, Wild Boar (with some apricot and passionfruit in the sausage blend), Southwest Buffalo, German Veal Bratwurst, Pheasant/Rattlesnake, Duck and of course your standard Louisiana Red Hot. His special condiments, which I do recommend, that he serves his sausages with are 1.) onions sauteed in cola and 2.) cream cheese (which he squirts out of a caulk gun). The buns are of tremendous quality. Biker Jim's is not to be missed; it singlehandedly made me stop hating the city of Denver.

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 09:47 AM

You should really research denver international conspiracies. Oh and have you seen the murals painted on the walls?
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk
07-15-2010, 09:48 AM
My only recomendationg is don't try to park downtown. Fucking Vultures charge you to park everywhere. I stayed at the Hyatt and they charged me to park. Bunch of bulshit if you ask me. Denver downtown has got to have the worst parking situation in the country.

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 09:51 AM
My only recomendationg is don't try to park downtown. Fucking Vultures charge you to park everywhere. I stayed at the Hyatt and they charged me to park. Bunch of bulshit if you ask me. Denver downtown has got to have the worst parking situation in the country.

This is laughable. You ever been to Chicago? 20 bucks for 2 hours dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
07-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, no joke. Pretty much any major downtown area I've been in is shitty to park in.

ArrowheadHawk
Posted via Mobile DeviceNo but I was exagerating a little I did read somewhere it was top 5.

DMAC
I want to go to Red Rocks. I'm strongly considering going there Tuesday night for the 311/Offspring/Pepper concert.You cannot miss that. 311 and Red Rocks are a perfect match.

:thumb:

Donger
07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
My only recomendationg is don't try to park downtown. ****ing Vultures charge you to park everywhere. I stayed at the Hyatt and they charged me to park. Bunch of bulshit if you ask me. Denver downtown has got to have the worst parking situation in the country.

:spock:

I've never parked at any major metro downtown and NOT had to pay for parking.

ArrowheadHawk
07-15-2010, 09:58 AM

I've never parked at any major metro downtown and NOT had to pay for parking.See. The whole system is flawed. Why should you have to pay to park anywhere?

DaFace
07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
See. The whole system is flawed. Why should you have to pay to park anywhere?

Supply and demand.

Donger
07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
See. The whole system is flawed. Why should you have to pay to park anywhere?

Because real estate is at a premium in downtown areas and parking is not typically abundant. Supply and demand.

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
No but I was exagerating a little I did read somewhere it was top 5.

I really didn't think Denver was that bad when I was there. (It was during the week though.)
I've never seen it worse than Chicago though. People pay it without question too. The traffic is disgusting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
07-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I really didn't think Denver was that bad when I was there. (It was during the week though.)
I've never seen it worse than Chicago though. People pay it without question too. The traffic is disgusting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Calgary is awful. I had a $60 bill for two hours there once.

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Calgary is awful. I had a $60 bill for two hours there once.
Holy shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

El Jefe
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM

Never heard of any of those 3 groups.

Bowser
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Biker Jim's - Biker Jim specializes in sausage. He cooks out of a food cart; you'll find him at 16th & Arapahoe right in the downtown mall. We're talking Alaskan Reindeer, Elk-Cheddar-Jalapeno Bratwurst, Wild Boar (with some apricot and passionfruit in the sausage blend), Southwest Buffalo, German Veal Bratwurst, Pheasant/Rattlesnake, Duck and of course your standard Louisiana Red Hot. His special condiments, which I do recommend, that he serves his sausages with are 1.) onions sauteed in cola and 2.) cream cheese (which he squirts out of a caulk gun). The buns are of tremendous quality. Biker Jim's is not to be missed; it singlehandedly made me stop hating the city of Denver.This....sounds fucking GOOD.

Never heard of any of those 3 groups.:spock:

Epic Fail

Buehler445
07-15-2010, 11:20 AM

I've never parked at any major metro downtown and NOT had to pay for parking.

My BIL found a parking spot in DC like 5 blocks from the capital for free. I don't get it, but he did.

Buehler445
07-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Catch a bus to Fort Collins and tour New Belguim. I tried to, but it was CSU's graduation and there was no way I was waiting that long.

Oh, and wave as you go over my house.

Donger
07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
My BIL found a parking spot in DC like 5 blocks from the capital for free. I don't get it, but he did.

Washington DC is great at giving things away for free, so I'm not surprised.

DaFace
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Catch a bus to Fort Collins and tour New Belguim. I tried to, but it was CSU's graduation and there was no way I was waiting that long.

Oh, and wave as you go over my house.

NBB requires reservations for their tours these days, though you can get in if you get there early and get on a waiting list. That said, the tour is the awesomest thing ever. Basically, you go and look at stuff, then have a beer. Then you move to the next area, have a beer. You end up having about 6 of them when the tour's done, though they're only little 4oz gizmos.

The choice of beer is up to the tour guide I think, and one of the ones we got was La Folie. It's a $20 beer for a bomber, so each of the 30-some glasses they gave out was probably worth around $3. It's insane how much beer they give out at that place.

Saccopoo
07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Go to the Pearl Street Grill for a Black and Tan and one of the best Montecristo sandwiches around, and then head right next door to the Sushi Den for the best sushi in the city.

Also, if you get the chance, head south on I-25 to the Highlands Ranch exit, take a right, head past the golf course to I-85, take a right to Sedalia, take a left, go about a 1/3 of a mile and park in the lot at Bud's Bar. Order a double cheeseburger like you've been doing it all your life and make sure you don't order anything else - because you don't have the option of getting anything else. A bag of chips comes with the burger. Do not order fries. Again, do not order fries. If you go there on a Friday and a good looking blonde is at the end of the bar eating, tell her I said "Hi."

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 12:51 PM

311 is great. They're a lot like the Police without any of that bothersome intelligence.

Short Leash Hootie
07-15-2010, 01:46 PM

god damn dude you're a fucking loser ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
anybody in their 20's (like that kid) that hasn't heard of Offspring, 311 and Red Hot Chili Peppers has something wrong with them...

what are you?

there has to be something up with you

Donger
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
anybody in their 20's (like that kid) that hasn't heard of Offspring, 311 and Red Hot Chili Peppers has something wrong with them...

what are you?

there has to be something up with you

Are you actually presenting yourself as an example of what is right with people in their 20s?

Short Leash Hootie
07-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Are you actually presenting yourself as an example of what is right with people in their 20s?

lmao

fine

go read his past threads

connect the dots

and now he doesn't know THOSE three bands?

Right now...

I'm calling it...

he was home schooled

who wants to bet?

Donger
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
lmao

fine

go read his past threads

connect the dots

and now he doesn't know THOSE three bands?

Right now...

I'm calling it...

he was home schooled

who wants to bet?

Perhaps he just doesn't listen to that type of music.

I take it you are the product of the public school system?

Short Leash Hootie
07-15-2010, 02:09 PM
lololololololololol

anyone in my age group (like him) that doesn't know those three bands has some sort of underlying issue(s)

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
lololololololololol

anyone in my age group (like him) that doesn't know those three bands has some sort of underlying issue(s)

Hootie the Meat Dragon = Issueless.

Pestilence
07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
lololololololololol

Let me guess.....they're the same type of people who like blowjobs that are longer than 5 minutes.

vailpass
07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
El Chapultepec

A Bud and a shot of Jack at 8:45, right before the show starts You can always spot the out-of-towners along the bar at El Chapultepec. Their faces ask, "Are we really in Denver?" Though it sits on the edge of the city's dwindling skid row, El Chapultepec smells like New York, feels like New Orleans, and sounds like southside Chicago. Chet Baker, Stan Getz, Miles Davis -- all the greats have played El Chapultepec, aka the Pec, drawn by the bar's cranky but charismatic owner, septuagenarian Jerry Krantz. A "full-blooded Russian," Krantz is a dead ringer for Norman Mailer and says he was a dear friend of Ella Fitzgerald's, who used to sit in her limo outside the back door so she could hear the music and not deal with the people. Sinatra came by, too. He'd ask Krantz to cook him up some Italian sazeech. Krantz will tell you the stories, but not if you're an asshole. Krantz don't like assholes. These days, more and more customers are assholes, he says glumly, and one night he had to wrap a bar towel around a cue ball and knock the teeth down the throat of one truly spectacular asshole. Krantz invites you, therefore, to sit down at one of the half dozen red booths, drink your $1.25 draw beer, and listen politely to the music. By day, the Pec's a quiet bar, with regulars like Lefty, Pretty Boy, Oxygen Joe, and the guy who hit the lottery for eight mil a few years back but tries to keep a low profile. Then at 9:00, the Pec changes: live, old-school, straight-ahead jazz -- free. The best players beg to perform here and often jam long after closing time, because the place has that kind of vibe and because Krantz has that kind of reverence for the artist. Unless the artist misbehaves. Bono? Two girls in his party were underage, so the Pec carded his Irish ass. Kerouac used to come in, too. Again, Krantz was deeply unimpressed. "I thought he was just a fucking wino dope addict," he says. "He'd sleep in a car next door and come in and wash up in the bathroom."Then Kerouac went back East, Krantz says, and wrote some kinda road book. You read it, Jerry? "Naaah. I know it." Colorado 1962 Market Street 80202

Find this article at: http://www.esquire.com/bestbars/bb-ElChapultepec_

Donger
07-15-2010, 02:13 PM
lololololololololol

Oh, what issues are those?

Short Leash Hootie
07-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Hootie the Meat Dragon = Issueless.

well at least I'm aware of the issues I face...

rather be aware than oblivious

vailpass
07-15-2010, 02:16 PM
If you have never been up in the Rockies jump in your rental car and head straight up 70. In no time at all you will be in the middle of scenery so beautiful people fly in from all over the world to be there.

If you had time I'd tell you to go to Pine to camp or stay and hit the Bucksnort Saloon while you are there.

http://www.thebucksnortsaloon.com/

If you are into clubs Church is cool.

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
El Chapultepec

Is in the list, along with Red Rocks Amphitheater.

Appreciate all the tips, Bones & Benny Blanco's sound good to check out, along with the Breckenridge Brewery.

vailpass
07-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Is in the list, along with Red Rocks Amphitheater.

Appreciate all the tips, Bones & Benny Blanco's sound good to check out, along with the Breckenridge Brewery.

Have fun man, Denver/CO is full of good things to do and see.

Nothing goes with Red Rocks like a marg on the porch of the Morrison Inn..

Forget the margaritas. The Morrison Inn, a fixture in Morrison for nearly 25 years, should be praised for its proximity and its patio.
That there are cold pitchers of fluorescent beverages awaiting you is a plus, but when you're sitting on that long, elevated patio saying goodbye to the sun and greeting dusk along with the floating cotton (which inevitably lands in your drink), it doesn't really matter what you're drinking.

Sacrilege, you say? The Morrison Inn (301 Bear Creek Ave., 303-697-6650) may have the best margarita in Morrison, but, well, that's just not saying much ... except that Morrison is the gateway to Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Thus the reputation is solidified.

Since Red Rocks is mostly general admission with room for nearly 10,000, it can be difficult to meet up with friends there.

Many choose to hook up at the inn for drinks and then move up the hill five minutes to Red Rocks. It's a proper plan, and the reason why the inn is shoulder-to-shoulder on show nights.

Being close to Red Rocks has its disadvantages, too, although they're few and far between.

When Phish played the amphitheater and its fans overtook the surrounding area, things got harried, said inn manager Brandon Petrunich, 27.

"It was legendary," said Petrunich, who was in Morrison that weekend as a Durango-based Phish fan/college student and not a manager at the Morrison Inn.

The inn, which sits amid some terrific outdoorsy stuff as well.....

Donger
07-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I went to a graduation at Red Rocks a few months ago. It was funny watching all the flatlanders huffing and puffing walking up from the parking areas.

"This is RIDICULOUS!!! They should have golf carts or something!!! pant, pant, pant."

NewChief
07-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Here's some ideas from a recent episode of No Reservations:
http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2010/07/no_reservations_anthony_bourda.php

Biker Jims looks pretty good... though I question why he puts cream cheese on every single one of his dogs.

Saccopoo
07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
I went to a graduation at Red Rocks a few months ago. It was funny watching all the flatlanders huffing and puffing walking up from the parking areas.

"This is RIDICULOUS!!! They should have golf carts or something!!! pant, pant, pant."

Well, the nickname for Denver is "Queen of the Prairie," even though it's at 5200 ft. in elevation. Was the graduating party from Copenhagen or something?

Donger
07-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Well, the nickname for Denver is "Queen of the Prairie," even though it's at 5200 ft. in elevation. Was the graduating party from Copenhagen or something?

No, a local school but with a lot of out-of-state relatives attending.

Reaper16
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Here's some ideas from a recent episode of No Reservations:
http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2010/07/no_reservations_anthony_bourda.php

Biker Jims looks pretty good... though I question why he puts cream cheese on every single one of his dogs.
I did too. Over the course of three visits in as many days, eating almost everyone of his sausages twice - once without cream cheese and once with, I can say that the cream cheese totally works; the sweetness is valuable for balance on the buffalo, the reindeer and the elk especially. Only sausage I wouldn't get the cream cheese on is the wild boar, which doesn't need any additional sweetness.

WilliamTheIrish
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Do it. It's the greatest outdoor venue you'll ever see.

Buck
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I WANT TO BELIEVE

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbQrjLU_AUw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbQrjLU_AUw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've been to this airport a few times, its definitely NWO shit.

Delano
07-15-2010, 05:01 PM
3. There's a street vendor downtown that serves Elk Sausages and other wild game. Hit him up dude, it's awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

That guy was on No Reservations this week. Anthony Bourdain endorsed him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
07-15-2010, 05:10 PM
I WANT TO BELIEVE

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbQrjLU_AUw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Worst conspiracy video ever. Where are the aliens? Every good conspiracy has aliens. These nuts need to kick it up a notch. Bam.

Pestilence
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
I WANT TO BELIEVE

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbQrjLU_AUw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbQrjLU_AUw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

JFC.

-King-
07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I WANT TO BELIEVE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_International_Airport
In 2009, Denver International Airport was the tenth-busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic with 50,167,485 passengers. It was also the fourth-busiest airport in the world by aircraft movements with 606,006 movements.[3]

Coincidence? I think not.

Donger
07-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I WANT TO BELIEVE

I've never seen that (whatever it is) at DIA.

Rain Man
07-15-2010, 05:53 PM

Gas mask guy is there. I've seen him.

Rain Man
07-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Bones (have the Ramen) and then walk to Racine's for dessert (1 mile south of downtown)

Sushi Den - there are smaller places that are just as good and cheaper, but Sushi Den is easy to remember (4 to 5 miles south of downtown)

Cherry Cricket for burgers (3 miles southeast of downtown)

Benny's or El Noa Noa for Mexican (Benny's is next door to Bones, El Noa Noa is one mile south of downtown, but a little farther west. At El Noa Noa, have the Tacos Carne Asada.

The Diamond Cabaret is a nice quiet coffee shop downtown. (Looks left, looks right)

Sullivan's is the best high-end restaurant. Located in Lower Downtown

Appaloosa Grill is a good mid-priced restaurant. Located on the east side of downtown.

Panzano for upper-end Italian. Located downtown.

This all assumes of course that you aren't kidnapped into the below-ground slavery at Denver International Airport. If you are, try the dry rice and gruel.

Groves
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
City Grille, near the capital.

Illegal Pete's, at the end of the 16th St Mall.

DaKCMan AP
07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
For those who have been, would you recommend doing the Mt. Evans drive in the early morning or late afternoon/evening.

I could do it on Sunday when I arrive, but from what I read the mornings/afternoons are better. Therefore, I can either wake up early (6am) and do it before my conference starts one of the days during the week or I can do it after the conference ends (~5pm) one of the days during the week.

What say you?

Gonzo
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Gas mask guy is there. I've seen him.

Yep, me too. Freaked me the hell out. There's also some cornerstones with different Mason symbols on them.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM
The Diamond Cabaret is a nice quiet coffee shop downtown.

Perfect place to meet the in-laws, if anyone needs to plan that joyous event any time soon.

Reaper16
07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Sushi Den - there are smaller places that are just as good and cheaper, but Sushi Den is easy to remember (4 to 5 miles south of downtown)

There are places just as good as Sushi Den in Denver? Really? I find that hard to believe.

vailpass
07-15-2010, 08:41 PM
For those who have been, would you recommend doing the Mt. Evans drive in the early morning or late afternoon/evening.

I could do it on Sunday when I arrive, but from what I read the mornings/afternoons are better. Therefore, I can either wake up early (6am) and do it before my conference starts one of the days during the week or I can do it after the conference ends (~5pm) one of the days during the week.

What say you?

My .02 cents worth: If you aren't used to the drive it is a little easier to come back down the hill (vailpass fuck yeah!) in the daylight, specially if it is raining.

Pablo
07-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Things to do in Denver:

Burn it to the fucking ground and look on as the offspring of Donkey-loving fucks melt into a hot puddle of tendon-soup.

Buck
07-15-2010, 09:17 PM

So you've never bothered to look an anything other than the ground when leaving the terminal going to the main concourse?

Its right there painted on the wall, its fucking hard to miss.

Rain Man
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM

What say you?

Morning. I wouldn't take any chance on coming down that road after dark.

Rain Man
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
There are places just as good as Sushi Den in Denver? Really? I find that hard to believe.

There's a place in my neighborhood that's just as good. It doesn't have nearly the ambiance, but it's really good, and it's about one-third less expensive. It's owned by a Japanese guy who's the only sushi chef we've ever seen there. We'll go to Sushi Den if we want a "night out", but otherwise we always go to our local place.

Rain Man
07-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Perfect place to meet the in-laws, if anyone needs to plan that joyous event any time soon.

It's a good price point, too. It's amazing what a dollar can buy you there.

Donger
07-16-2010, 08:49 AM

What say you?

Storms are more common in the afternoon here.

Donger
07-16-2010, 08:50 AM
So you've never bothered to look an anything other than the ground when leaving the terminal going to the main concourse?

Its right there painted on the wall, its ****ing hard to miss.

You mean when coming up from the train? If so, I've only done that a few times and I haven't seen anything. I use a different exit (and entrance).

Donger
07-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Oh, and if you want creepy, check Squishy the Horse out. The guy who sculpted it died when it fell on him. Also known as Bluecifer.

DaKCMan AP
07-16-2010, 09:33 AM
So I go to purchase tickets for the 311/Offspring/Pepper concert and Ticketmaster is now sold out when yesterday they still had tickets available. :cuss:

Now I have to try to buy them off stubhub or at the venue the day of the concert. :sulk:

DaKCMan AP
07-16-2010, 12:29 PM
So I go to purchase tickets for the 311/Offspring/Pepper concert and Ticketmaster is now sold out when yesterday they still had tickets available. :cuss:

Now I have to try to buy them off stubhub or at the venue the day of the concert. :sulk:

Just tried again and I was able to purchase a ticket. Why? Because I'm Awesome. :D

luv
07-20-2010, 08:05 AM
What conference are you at? I know someone from MD who works for NASA that's running a conference in Denver this week.

DaKCMan AP
07-20-2010, 08:34 AM
What conference are you at? I know someone from MD who works for NASA that's running a conference in Denver this week.

Probably that conference.

luv
07-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Probably that conference.

Then get off of CP and pay attention!

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions!

It was a good trip, some comments:

Denver Art Museum - King Tut exhibit was cool, rest of museum was average. Would have been disappointed if there was just the permanent collection.

Red Rocks Amphitheater - Amazing. Great venue, great show. Despite the rain, it was a very worthwhile concert. Watching a good show and viewing the entire city below in the background was pretty cool. While the crew was breaking down Pepper's stage and setting up for Offspring, a full, bright double rainbow formed so that was cool (OMG DOUBLE RAINBOW#@!(@!(!(@(!$ELEVENTYO#@U!)(*ure)(u)

Mount Evans - Great suggestion. Worth getting up early after the concert. I can now (at the very least) understand how some people might get altitude sickness. The top was cool although what seemed like 40-50mph sustained winds up there was surprising.

16th St Mall - The hotel I stayed at in Downtown was 1 block off the 16th St Mall so it was a convenient place to walk around. Pretty cool, although a ton of homeless.. but that's normal for most downtown's.

Benny's Restaurant & Cantina - Average. It was good, no doubt, but nothing spectacular. Typical Mexican fare.

Bones - Very good. I had the Shishito Peppers & Ramen. Both excellent. The poached lobster was delicious.

Earl's - Was very surprised. Went here for lunch one day. The food was a lot better than I expected and HOLY CRAP they had the hottest hostess & wait staff I think I've ever seen. Better yet, almost everything myself and my coworker ordered ended up being something they just added to the menu or made a change to so each time something came out a new hot girl came up and asked our opinion of the new/revamped dish. All the girls were amazingly hot and dressed classy which further added to the hotness.

Wok Uptown - Good Chinese takeout.

Pasquali's - Food quality was average, but they gave a lot of food for not very expensive prices.

Benny Blanco's Pizza - Outstanding!!!! New York style pizza done right without any BS flare. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Snooze - Stopped by here for breakfast on the way to the airport. Great, unique pancakes. I ordered their flight: choose any 3 pancakes. I chose the pineapple upside down pancake, sweet potato pancake, and the Machu Pichu (quinoa, sunflower seeds, and blueberries). Very good and unique. The pineapple upside down pancake was the best. Their hashbrowns were also very good, and somewhat atypical.

Kuulture - Pretty good Froyo place. I went to the one off Larimer and got their Peanut Butter Froyo with blueberries, raspberries, and chocolate chips.

Donger
07-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions!

It was a good trip, some comments:

Denver Art Museum - King Tut exhibit was cool, rest of museum was average. Would have been disappointed if there was just the permanent collection.

Red Rocks Amphitheater - Amazing. Great venue, great show. Despite the rain, it was a very worthwhile concert. Watching a good show and viewing the entire city below in the background was pretty cool. While the crew was breaking down Pepper's stage and setting up for Offspring, a full, bright double rainbow formed so that was cool (OMG DOUBLE RAINBOW#@!(@!(!(@(!$ELEVENTYO#@U!)(*ure)(u)

Mount Evans - Great suggestion. Worth getting up early after the concert. I can now (at the very least) understand how some people might get altitude sickness. The top was cool although what seemed like 40-50mph sustained winds up there was surprising.

16th St Mall - The hotel I stayed at in Downtown was 1 block off the 16th St Mall so it was a convenient place to walk around. Pretty cool, although a ton of homeless.. but that's normal for most downtown's.

Benny's Restaurant & Cantina - Average. It was good, no doubt, but nothing spectacular. Typical Mexican fare.

Bones - Very good. I had the Shishito Peppers & Ramen. Both excellent. The poached lobster was delicious.

Earl's - Was very surprised. Went here for lunch one day. The food was a lot better than I expected and HOLY CRAP they had the hottest hostess & wait staff I think I've ever seen. Better yet, almost everything myself and my coworker ordered ended up being something they just added to the menu or made a change to so each time something came out a new hot girl came up and asked our opinion of the new/revamped dish. All the girls were amazingly hot and dressed classy which further added to the hotness.

Wok Uptown - Good Chinese takeout.

Pasquali's - Food quality was average, but they gave a lot of food for not very expensive prices.

Benny Blanco's Pizza - Outstanding!!!! New York style pizza done right without any BS flare. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Snooze - Stopped by here for breakfast on the way to the airport. Great, unique pancakes. I ordered their flight: choose any 3 pancakes. I chose the pineapple upside down pancake, sweet potato pancake, and the Machu Pichu (quinoa, sunflower seeds, and blueberries). Very good and unique. The pineapple upside down pancake was the best. Their hashbrowns were also very good, and somewhat atypical.

Kuulture - Pretty good Froyo place. I went to the one off Larimer and got their Peanut Butter Froyo with blueberries, raspberries, and chocolate chips.

I'm glad that you liked Mt. Evans. It is pretty unique.

I take it you did not see the alleged "art" at DIA that some people claim exists?

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm glad that you liked Mt. Evans. It is pretty unique.

I take it you did not see the alleged "art" at DIA that some people claim exists?

I did not. However, I only had time to get through security and get on the plane (which was already boarding) on the way out.

Reaper16
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Post #89, CTRL + F = "Biker Jim's"

Not found.

SON I AM DISAPPOINT