PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft My wife secretly recorded my reaction to Dexter McCluster getting drafted

mesmith31
07-16-2010, 05:09 PM
I know I am probably going to have to eat my words from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jm63kc9i64

Pestilence
07-16-2010, 05:09 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Jm63kc9i64&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Jm63kc9i64&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Pestilence
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
That was the lamest reaction I've ever seen.

mesmith31
07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Can't say that I disagree with you. If I had time and a decent script writer, I may have come up with something better.

Pestilence
07-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh...and why were you watching the draft on a 19" TV in the kitchen?

tomahawk kid
07-16-2010, 05:14 PM
You took it WAY better than I did......

mesmith31
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM
You have to have 2 TV's going so you don't miss anything during the beer runs.

-King-
07-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Well that was boring and anticlimactic
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I had just about the same reaction, although I quickly remembered that McCluster was converted to RB from WR...
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
That was the lamest reaction I've ever seen.

LMAO that's the best part.

"well, alright..."

spoken like a true "true fan" :D

mesmith31
07-16-2010, 05:23 PM
**note to self** "Locate hot tub time machine and find way to give these people that 1:21 of their lives back...

Von Dumbass
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I liked the vid

Gonzo
07-16-2010, 05:27 PM
**note to self** "Locate hot tub time machine and find way to give these people that 1:21 of their lives back...

LMAO
It's ok dude. We've all been there.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
wtf?

He must of have been sober...

Sfeihc
07-16-2010, 05:38 PM

This.:cuss:

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
LMAO that's the best part.

"well, alright..."

spoken like a true "true fan" :D

Yep.

He responded like the majority here responded.

Disbelief.

Shock.

Justification.

Acceptance.

Almost everyone hated the pick, then people started justifying it.

|Zach|
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Having a small TV in the kitchen is great.

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Having a small TV in the kitchen is great.

Yep. I wish we had room for one.

That's one of the most important things we're looking for in our next house - a good sized kitchen.

PGM
07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Yep.

He responded like the majority here responded.

Disbelief.

Shock.

Justification.

Acceptance.

Almost everyone hated the pick, then people started justifying it.

Yes, but it seemed he hated the pick because he thought Dex was just a Running back as did alot of people.

Douche Baggins
07-16-2010, 05:56 PM
OTWP got his wife to paint his reaction.

http://peelslowlynsee.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/1893_edvard_munch_the_scream.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
07-16-2010, 06:00 PM
You have to have 2 TV's going so you don't miss anything during the beer runs.

LMAO I wish I had a camera set up. I threw the biggest temper tantrum of the last 2 years after that pick. Hopefully all of us who hated that pick will be eating our words in the next couple of years.

Post more dude.

vailpass

:D Props for being a good sport about it. Don't let these meat peekers rain on your parade. Half of them are sitting in yellow stained tighty-whities gripping their action figures right now and would be ashamed to be seen on YouTube out of costume.

OnTheWarpath58
Yes, but it seemed he hated the pick because he thought Dex was just a Running back as did alot of people.

Ah, Step Three.

Justification.

The reaction to McCluster is almost identical to the reaction to Matt Cassel.

Had you said before the draft that we were taking McCluster with the 36th pick, people would have gone apeshit.

When the possibility of Matt Cassel coming here was first discussed in January of 2009 - maybe earlier - people almost universally said things like, "fuck no," "he'll never be a franchise QB," and "pass."

We trade for him, and people start justifying it and changing their opinions based on the compensation alone. Like spending a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st is going to make him a better QB all of a sudden.

People did the same with McCluster. From "apeshit" to "the black Wes Welker" in a matter of minutes.

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2010, 06:04 PM
OTWP got his wife to paint his reaction.

http://peelslowlynsee.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/1893_edvard_munch_the_scream.jpg

LMAO I wish I had a camera set up. I threw the biggest temper tantrum of the last 2 years after that pick. Hopefully all of us who hated that pick will be eating our words in the next couple of years.

Post more dude.

Actually, I was watching with a buddy of mine who's originally from KC but now lives in STL - and we both just looked at each other with a look of shock and disappointment - but literally didn't say a word for at least 10 minutes.

Brock
07-16-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't recognize that guys name RAGE

5 minutes of youtube vids, oh he's good

PGM
07-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Ah, Step Three.

Justification.

Had you said before the draft that we were taking McCluster with the 36th pick, people would have gone apeshit.

When the possibility of Matt Cassel coming here was first discussed in January of 2009 - maybe earlier - people almost universally said things like, "**** no," "he'll never be a franchise QB," and "pass."

We trade for him, and people start justifying it and changing their opinions based on the compensation alone. Like spending a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st is going to make him a better QB all of a sudden.

People did the same with McCluster. From "apeshit" to "the black Wes Welker" in a matter of minutes.

I saw him play quite a bit, so no I wouldn't have gone apeshit at the thought nor was upset they did take him. Alot of the outrage was over "Kansas City selects RUNNINGBACK Dexter McCluster. That said, he does need to show it on the field before being compared to guys who have played at a high level like Welker. That I agree 100%

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I saw him play quite a bit, so no I wouldn't have gone apeshit at the thought nor was upset they did take him. Alot of the outrage was over "Kansas City selects RUNNINGBACK Dexter McCluster. That said, he does need to show it on the field before being compared to guys who have played at a high level like Welker. That I agree 100%

I'll take you at your word, however I will say that you would have been an extreme minority.

Hell, I'm still waiting on someone, anyone to show me a mock draft or ranking from a respected draft site/writer that had him going any earlier than #55.

I've been waiting since the draft, and no one has been able to do it.

|Zach|
07-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Ah yes. The empirical NFL draft.

Buck
07-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Its weird, my mom actually secretly recorded my reaction to the Chiefs selecting McCluster as well.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV3NW_4xMG8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV3NW_4xMG8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

listopencil
07-16-2010, 06:27 PM
That was incredibly mild. You should have seen me year before last. I literally could not post in the Orange Mane chat room because of the profanity filter.

PGM
07-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Any Planet members T-Jack reaction videos out there? :D

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Any Planet members T-Jack reaction videos out there? :D

No video, but I posted this earlier this year:

Until this year, I've held a draft party at my place for 6-8 guys. Couple of Chiefs fans, a Rams fan, Cowboys fan, couple of Packers fans.

We'd play poker with the draft on, and make a point to stop when one of our teams was picking.

Last year, when TJ was taken, a buddy of mine decided the game would be ending quickly, and flipped over the poker table, sending a couple hundred dollars worth of chips to the floor.

LMAO

He's the only one coming over this year, and he's not getting his hands on the remote.

Sure enough, he was the guy with me that sat in silence.

Bill Lundberg
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
I have that same hat. I wish I had that mullet, that thing is impressive!

mesmith31
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Ah, mullet envy! Actually the hair is that long all the way around. But, my wife did just lose a bet that will allow me to give our 3 year old son the 2010 version of "The Boz" haircut. I am scouring the internet for some "Land of Boz" posters for that momentous day!

sedated
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
my reaction was pretty much exactly the same. When the Chiefs went on the clock I remember saying, "well...the only sure thing is that we won't be drafting a RB." Pick is announced, all I can remember thinking was "what?" Not good, not bad, just..."what?"

kcmaxwell
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM

yep... We were saying the same thing, i used alot more volume.

Sure-Oz
07-16-2010, 09:09 PM
My reaction was "WTF is Dexter Mccluster??" yelling

Frankie
07-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Oh...and why were you watching the draft on a 19" TV in the kitchen?

i was thinking the same thing. THAT'S SACRELIG!!!

Hog Farmer
07-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I was happy right off the bat with Dexter. One of the commentators on NFL Network had brought him up a month before the draft stating how he could be a dynamic player for the right team. I had him in my sights as well as Arenas.

Ebolapox
07-16-2010, 09:35 PM
I was quite annoyed. mainly, for two reasons...

1) I REALLY wanted clausen. I have the feeling we'll live to regret that decision.

2) he was listed at RB. I went ballistic (MOTHERFUCK YOU, PIOLI! thread) because Rb wasn't worth wasting a pick early in round 2.

now, it's a success under the following three conditions...

1) he's a dynamic playmaker
2) jimmy clausen doesn't live up to the predraft hype
3) matt cassel improves to above average.

numbers 2 and 3 are essentially because you don't pass on the chance to draft a possible franchise qb. now, we should know better than any other team if jimmy clausen is a possible franchise qb (our offensive coordinator recruited/coached him, natch). however, if cassel is nothing more than merely turd sammich, and clausen goes on to be good, regardless of how good mccluster is, we done fucked up. and I can say this with perfect hindsight, as a qb connoisseur: I've wanted, in teh past... joey harrington, byron leftwich, david klingler, sanchez, stafford, fuck... even cade mcnown.

KcMizzou
07-16-2010, 09:40 PM
My reaction was "WTF is Dexter Mccluster??" yellingLMAO

Yeah. I assume in this case the "W" stands for "who".

Sure-Oz
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
LMAO

Yeah. I assume in this case the "W" stands for "who".

You got it, my hands went to my head at the same time with a :spock:

bsp4444
07-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Ah, Step Three.

Justification.

When the possibility of Matt Cassel coming here was first discussed in January of 2009 - maybe earlier - people almost universally said things like, "**** no," "he'll never be a franchise QB," and "pass."

Uh...no. Cassel had just led his team to 10 wins. ALL of the TV pundits said this was a good move at the time. You are playing revisionist history.

Ebolapox
07-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Uh...no. Cassel had just led his team to 10 wins. ALL of the TV pundits said this was a good move at the time. You are playing revisionist history.

actually, not so much. I remember very vividly that the vast majority ON THIS SITE (which is all I can vouch for) balked at giving up the third overall pick for cassel (which was what it was rumored to take). lemme see if I can dig up some links

PGM
07-17-2010, 07:29 AM

While the TV pundits said that, the vast majority here wanted nothing to do with Cassel. There is a thread on it if you want to revisit it.

Ebolapox
07-17-2010, 07:36 AM
here... this is some good reading (fuck, I was against it then obviously)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200035&highlight=cassel

Fritz88
07-17-2010, 08:06 AM
I jumped into the DM bandwagon 72 hours later. I am loving it

You should team up with Mr. FAX and make more videos :)

Rooster
07-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I like how your wife reminded you that the baby was sleeping.

Dave Lane
07-17-2010, 08:51 AM
My response included lots of profanity :)

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Ah, Step Three.

Justification.

And had we taken Harvin last year in the first round people would have gone apeshit. Today that pick would be a great pick. Theres alot to hate about this years draft but the McCluster pick isn't one of those things.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 09:27 AM
And had we taken Harvin last year in the first round people would have gone apeshit. Today that pick would be a great pick. Theres alot to hate about this years draft but the McCluster pick isn't one of those things.

Today he would have been a great pick?

On what grounds are you basing this on?

That he'd perform the same with Matt Cassel and surrounded by marginal talent as he did last year with Brett Favre, surrounded by exceptional talent?

McCluster's not Percy Harvin. He's not even Wes fucking Welker. He's a gimmick.

Meanwhile, we still can't stop the run, which is much more important than having a gimmick player get 8 snaps a game.

Douche Baggins
07-17-2010, 09:34 AM
McCluster's not Percy Harvin. He's not even Wes fucking Welker. He's a gimmick.

Bullshit, did you see this?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7/16/1573560/scott-piolis-next-wes-welker

Everyone is looking for the Next Wes Welker (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2545/Wes_Welker). Scott Pioli helped find the original, trading second and seventh round picks to Miami in 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_New_England_Patriots_season). Maybe the Next Wes Welker only costs the second rounder. Welker 5'9 185 lbs vs McCluster 5'8 165 lbs are both small, slick ball handlers coming out of college. Welker was more Receiver in the Red Raider's offense, while Dexter McCluster (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109122/Dexter_McCluster) was more a Running Back for Ole Miss, but both were Kick/Punt returners

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Bullshit, did you see this?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7/16/1573560/scott-piolis-next-wes-welker

LMAO

RustShack
07-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I still don't want Cassel. But I do believe McCluster will be more than a gimmick for us... I think hes going to do pretty well for us in the slot. You can't stop both Charles and McCluster on the field at once.. and if you can, Chambers or Bowe will be wide.

kcfanXIII
07-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Meanwhile, we still can't stop the run, which is much more important than having a gimmick player get 8 snaps a game.

this is/was my problem with this pick. reminds me of dante hall, in that he will be able to make plays, but overall will have little impact on most games. not that dante didn't make plays, or effect a few games (suck it denver!), but that 03 team would have won the super bowl with only a little defensive help. that said, i am actually looking forward to some of the excitement he could bring to the game. just not the let down of the defense giving up nearly 300 yards to a third string running back.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 10:29 AM
this is/was my problem with this pick. reminds me of dante hall, in that he will be able to make plays, but overall will have little impact on most games. not that dante didn't make plays, or effect a few games (suck it denver!), but that 03 team would have won the super bowl with only a little defensive help. that said, i am actually looking forward to some of the excitement he could bring to the game. just not the let down of the defense giving up nearly 300 yards to a third string running back.

We're in agreement here.

Dante-like is exactly what I was thinking. A below average WR that will make a play on offense occasionally.

IMO, he's going to have to have a Dante-like impact in the return game for a decade - unlike the 4-5 years Dante made that impact - to be worth this pick.

What really worries me is that this is two straight offseasons in a row where the organization thought they could "get by" at a certain position group. Last year they thought the OL would be fine. And it took Goff getting injured for them to have any success.

This year, they're hoping the front 7 magically gets more talented.

I don't see that happening.

Great Expectations
07-17-2010, 12:00 PM
I was pissed, Sergio Kindle was my choice there. I was even more pissed at our next pick, I thought we should have gone with the FAT dude from Alabama.

ForeverChiefs58
07-17-2010, 12:09 PM
there was a camera that caught my reaction as well. note to self, don't watch draft in a store ever again.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ss68YWoihqs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ss68YWoihqs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

milkman
07-17-2010, 12:13 PM
I was pissed, Sergio Kindle was my choice there. I was even more pissed at our next pick, I thought we should have gone with the FAT dude from Alabama.

What still pisses me off is that we were unwilling to take a chance on Kindle because of some injury that didn't cost him any games, but we traded up later in the draft to take a chance on Tony Brokie, who missed numerous games to a slew of injuries.

ForeverChiefs58
07-17-2010, 12:16 PM
here is my reaction after the tyson jackson pick
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtvuqRiCysM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtvuqRiCysM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

salame
07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/gay_asians.jpg

BossChief
07-17-2010, 12:29 PM
What still pisses me off is that we were unwilling to take a chance on Kindle because of some injury that didn't cost him any games, but we traded up later in the draft to take a chance on Tony Brokie, who missed numerous games to a slew of injuries.

but with injuries you are looking at how the previous injury might effect his future performances/injury risk.

Kindle had ligament damage
Moeaki had broken bones

milkman
07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
but with injuries you are looking at how the previous injury might effect his future performances/injury risk.

Kindle had ligament damage
Moeaki had broken bones

There was a time when ligament damage was far more devastating, but these days, it isn't nearly the problem that it used to be.

Meanwhile, you can't fix brittle.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Numerous is putting it kindly.

If I remember the stat correctly, he missed either exactly half, or just over half of his team's games in his college career.

salame
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I think they said "well Kindle is from Texas, but look at that fucking sack of shit Derrick Johnson"

BossChief
07-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Kindle was also weak against the run and would have to be a ROLB in our system...where would that have put Hali?

ChiefsCountry
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM

Considering the team that drafts the best in the NFL took both of them made it even more frustating.

salame
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Considering the team that drafts the best in the NFL took both of them made it even more frustating.

I was worried that the Ravens defense was about to start declining. Apparently so were they!

milkman
07-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Kindle was also weak against the run and would have to be a ROLB in our system...where would that have put Hali?

Since I think that Kindle is going to be a far better and more dynamic pass rusher, I'd say second string.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Since I think that Kindle is going to be a far better and more dynamic pass rusher, I'd say second string.

No shit.

There's not a position on this roster that couldn't be improved.

To not draft someone because of Tamba fucking Hali, he of the 8 sacks and piss-poor run defense, is beyond ridiculous.

salame
07-17-2010, 12:56 PM

BUT TAMBA HALI IS TEH GREATEST EVERS LOLOLOLOL

i agree milkman 100%

BossChief
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
In a perfect world we would have came out of the draft with Berry, Clausen and Cody as our first three picks IMO.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Today he would have been a great pick?

On what grounds are you basing this on?

That he'd perform the same with Matt Cassel and surrounded by marginal talent as he did last year with Brett Favre, surrounded by exceptional talent?

McCluster's not Percy Harvin. He's not even Wes ****ing Welker. He's a gimmick.

Are you really going to deny that McCluster isn't a playmaker? Even though the guy was a big time play maker in the best confrence in all of college football? It's not like this team had many playmakers on offense besides Jamal Charles.

milkman
07-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you really going to deny that McCluster isn't a playmaker? Even though the guy was a big time play maker in the best confrence in all of college football? It's not like this team had many playmakers on offense besides Jamal Charles.

I don't think that anyone denies his potential as a playmaker.

The problem is that he is either going to be a part time player, or because of his size, be a short time player.

Not good value for a high second round pick.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think that anyone denies his potential as a playmaker.

The problem is that he is either going to be a part time player, or because of his size, be a short time player.

Not good value for a high second round pick.

Key word: Potential.

He hasn't played a snap in the NFL, and people are comparing him to Wes Welker - who was actually a WR in college.

You can have a shit-ton of playmakers on offense. But if you can't stop the run, their efforts are going to be wasted more often than not.

A full year of Chambers, Bowe and Charles would have been more than enough offense to win most weeks, even with Cassel as the QB - provided the defense could stop the run.

Pioli's pinning his run defense hopes on Shaun Smith. Kinda like pinning his OL hopes on Mike Goff last year.

Not smart.

milkman
07-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Key word: Potential.

This is where we diverge.

The reality is that everyone is drafted on potential.

My entire argument is that we need guys that have the potential to be difference makers now, and for years to come.

I actually think that McCluster has the potential to make a difference.

My problem is that, because of his size, he also has the potential to only make a difference for a short time, or only sparingly in order to extend his career, where Kindle has the potential to be a difference maker for years on a full time basis.

|Zach|
07-17-2010, 02:30 PM
While the TV pundits said that, the vast majority here wanted nothing to do with Cassel. There is a thread on it if you want to revisit it.

The vast majority here can't get behind much of anything. Don't be silly.

OnTheWarpath58
This is where we diverge.

The reality is that everyone is drafted on potential.

My entire argument is that we need guys that have the potential to be difference makers now, and for years to come.

I actually think that McCluster has the potential to make a difference.

My problem is that, because of his size, he also has the potential to only make a difference for a short time, or only sparingly in order to extend his career, where Kindle has the potential to be a difference maker for years on a full time basis.

No, we're on the same page.

I was referencing the guys that think the kid is the next Wes Welker or Percy Harvin when he hasn't played a down yet.

|Zach|
Can't wait to see the guy suit up and go to work on Sundays.

WildTurkey
07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to see the guy suit up and go to work on Sundays.

This..... DMC looks like he'll be a fun one to watch

|Zach|
07-17-2010, 02:36 PM
This..... DMC looks like he'll be a fun one to watch

Now you are just trying to piss some people off with this post.

:D

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2010, 02:40 PM

I was referencing the guys that think the kid is the next Wes Welker or Percy Harvin when he hasn't played a down yet.

We're gonna shotgun some beers in the parking lot when Mccluster makes a big play vs San Diego.

-King-
07-17-2010, 02:47 PM

Isn't that what potential is?

How else are they going to judge his future if they can't compare him to other players?

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 02:47 PM
We're gonna shotgun some beers in the parking lot when Mccluster makes a big play vs San Diego.

A big play?

He better be making many big plays per game. That's the whole point.

A front 7 player would have had much more impact on the game than a guy that gets 8 touches.

Hell, as bad as this team was last year, if they could have been even average against the run, we win several more games.

The probably beat Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati and maybe Dallas if they could stop the run. The Giants game could have at least been competitive.

Tylerthigpen!1!
07-17-2010, 03:00 PM
A big play?

A front 7 player would have had much more impact on the game than a guy that gets 8 touches.

Hell, as bad as this team was last year, if they could have been even average against the run, we win several more games.

The probably beat Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati and maybe Dallas if they could stop the run. The Giants game could have at least been competitive.
If he is playing slot I have no problem with him getting 6-8 catches a game with a big play every other game or so. I would much rather have McCluster than a guy who has no cartilage left in his knee.

-King-
07-17-2010, 03:08 PM
If he is playing slot I have no problem with him getting 6-8 catches a game with a big play every other game or so. I would much rather have McCluster than a guy who has no cartilage left in his knee.

If he has 6 catches a game, then he'll be rookie of the year. ...and yet OTW would be mad at that.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 04:15 PM
If he has 6 catches a game, then he'll be rookie of the year. ...and yet OTW would be mad at that.

No, I'll be mad when the offense is putting up 24+ a game and we're still losing.

You have to stop the run in this league to be successful. It shouldn't be a surprise that 4 of the top 5 rush defenses were playoff teams, and that none of the bottom 5 teams had more than 6 wins.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 04:19 PM

Because Kindle was the only player available that would have helped our front 7?

BossChief
07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
A huge part of getting this franchise back to competitiveness is scoring points too, otherwise we have no home field advantage.

Before the draft the keyword was "playmaker"...OTWP you were one of the front runners for drafting Spiller at 5. Remember that.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 04:29 PM
A huge part of getting this franchise back to competitiveness is scoring points too, otherwise we have no home field advantage.

Before the draft the keyword was "playmaker"...OTWP you were one of the front runners for drafting Spiller at 5. Remember that.

Drafting Spiller involved a ton of conditions. Don't be disingenuous.

And again, I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said:

Full-time playmakers versus part-time playmakers.

To say that Sergio Kindle, as an example, isn't a playmaker is fucking ridiculous.

HFA?

If you can't stop the other team from scoring, you have no HFA.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2010, 04:43 PM
A big play?

You could also argue they win a few more games if they had a playmaker like McCluster. The game that stood out with the lack of playmakers was the Cincy game.

Chocolate Hog
07-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Sergio Kindle was an inconsistant player on a very good Texas defense.

Tylerthigpen!1!
07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Because Kindle was the only player available that would have helped our front 7?

My bad. I thought that was your argument.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 05:09 PM
You could also argue they win a few more games if they had a playmaker like McCluster. The game that stood out with the lack of playmakers was the Cincy game.

You could argue it, but it's a retarded argument.

Did you people learn nothing from DV's circus offense era?

BossChief
07-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Drafting Spiller involved a ton of conditions. Don't be disingenuous.

And again, I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said:

Full-time playmakers versus part-time playmakers.

To say that Sergio Kindle, as an example, isn't a playmaker is fucking ridiculous.

HFA?

If you can't stop the other team from scoring, you have no HFA.Basically, if Berry was off the board at 5, your #1 guy was Spiller. I don't see why you dislike the DMC pick at #36 if you preferred Spiller at 5. It doesn't make logical sense. DMC is the second round version of Spiller in almost every way.

Offense sells tickets. The stadium was FULL when we scored points and it will be again. If this offense is able to move the ball consistently, the stadium will fill sooner rather than later. Once the stadium is closer to full, that is huge to the defense game in and game out. It will allow the pass rushers to get a better jump on the ball, it causes false starts...it helps the whole team. I can see a player like DMC (and Moeaki as well) being a catalyst to such a offensive turnaround cause we all know Cassel needs all the guys he can get that can take a 8 yard pass the distance and moving the chains to let the defense rest.

Sergio Kindle was not as good a playmaker as you are making him out to be. In 4 years at UT he TOTALED 16 sacks and 1 forced fumble. Add to that the fact that he has serious knee issues and is weak against the run and you have a guy with serious questions. He is definitely not a player on the level of Orakpo, but some here think he is...funny how those same people HATED the idea of drafting Orakpo before the draft last year.

I dont think DMC was the best pick at that spot, but Kindle wasnt even close to the best pick there either.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I dont think DMC was the best pick at that spot,

Then your argument is pretty hollow, and pointless.

Because that's exactly what Milk and I are saying.

He wasn't the best pick at that spot. Especially considering the board at the time met our needs rather well.

BossChief
07-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Then your argument is pretty hollow, and pointless.

Because that's exactly what Milk and I are saying.

He wasn't the best pick at that spot. Especially considering the board at the time met our needs rather well.

I would rather have us draft DMC over Kindle is all Im arguing. Its slow on the board and I wanted a little action. I fugured poking the bear with a stick would do the trick

real talk, who would have been your pick at that spot? (Im gonna ask to not say Clausen cause we all know that will probably alway be the heartbreaker from this draft...at least for us on CP)

ChiefsCountry
07-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Sergio Kindle was not as good a playmaker as you are making him out to be. In 4 years at UT he TOTALED 16 sacks and 1 forced fumble. Add to that the fact that he has serious knee issues and is weak against the run and you have a guy with serious questions. He is definitely not a player on the level of Orakpo, but some here think he is...funny how those same people HATED the idea of drafting Orakpo before the draft last year.

Big differnce between pick #3 and pick #36 as well.

ChiefsCountry
07-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I would rather have us draft DMC over Kindle is all Im arguing. Its slow on the board and I wanted a little action. I fugured poking the bear with a stick would do the trick

real talk, who would have been your pick at that spot? (Im gonna ask to not say Clausen cause we all know that will probably alway be the heartbreaker from this draft...at least for us on CP)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227299

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Well, Clausen.

I would have been happy with Kindle, Misi, Washington, Lee, Benn and yes, even though I was against it in the pre-draft conversation, Cody.

In all honesty, the Arenas pick probably didn't help my mood considering McCluster. Nothing like giving up on the NCB you just took the previous year.

BossChief
07-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Big differnce between pick #3 and pick #36 as well.

Orakpo is a defender that stacks extremely well against the run and has the potential to be a elite pass rusher as well. Those guys are worth top 5 picks all day. he would have been a much better pick at 3 than Kindle would have been at 36 in this last draft IMO. I took all the shit in the world over my stance on him before the draft last year and I still say he would have been the best pick at 3 for us.

Mecca
07-17-2010, 06:12 PM
That's what gets me if they wanted a WR so god damn bad why not just take Benn?

Although I have enjoyed the rationalizations of moves no one wanted any part of since Pioli took the job here.

BossChief
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, Clausen.

I would have been happy with Kindle, Misi, Washington, Lee, Benn and yes, even though I was against it in the pre-draft conversation, Cody.

In all honesty, the Arenas pick probably didn't help my mood considering McCluster. Nothing like giving up on the NCB you just took the previous year.

ROFL at saying Clausen anyway cause I obviously agree with you there. Its not even close.

I still think that Studabaker has a chance to be better than Kindle or Misi (his times were just as good or better than eithers and his college production blew em away, albeit from a small school) and when given a chance to get on the field he made plays left and right and was a catalyst in our win.

The Arenas pick was a pick I cant justify with the other players on the board.

If our first three picks were Berry, DMC and then Cody I would be in hog heaven. If Clausen was the pick at 36, I may have had a heart attack and died.

BossChief
07-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Although I have enjoyed the rationalizations of moves no one wanted any part of since Pioli took the job here.

That puzzles me too, the thing is that we already have a #1 and #2 on roster for the next two years and I think DMC could do more damage from the slot than Benn.

You and I had many conversations about Benn before the draft and I was in agreement that he would have been a good pick at 36, but TBH DMC might bring more to the team overall. DMC can play RB if its needed due to injury, he can return and is very dynamic in all facets of the game. You cant say all that about Benn. He also has ten times the work ethic and leadership ability.

Bowser
07-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Although I have enjoyed the rationalizations of moves no one wanted any part of since Pioli took the job here.Because everyone is in love with the thought of having the newer, faster model of Wes Welker on their roster. Little fast, shifty dude that can haul in a buttload of passes for you. It's en vogue.

That being said, I've warmed considerably to the thought of us drafting him. I'm excited to see what he can do.

BossChief
07-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I fully agree that if you asked me predraft how I would feel about taking DMC at 36 while Clausen and Cody were on the board, I wouldn't be happy. But I also have no problem acknowledging that I knew very little about the player at the time. I didn't know as much then as I do now.

The more I learn about the specific player, the more I understand why they took him.

WildTurkey
07-17-2010, 06:46 PM
I fully agree that if you asked me predraft how I would feel about taking DMC at 36 while Clausen and Cody were on the board, I wouldn't be happy. But I also have no problem acknowledging that I knew very little about the player at the time. I didn't know as much then as I do now.

The more I learn about the specific player, the more I understand why they took him.

My thoughts exactly........ but we did miss out on his holiness Cam Thomas, and we shall be forever punished for that :D

KCBOSS1
07-17-2010, 07:44 PM
That was my exact reaction.

Chocolate Hog
07-18-2010, 12:17 AM
You could argue it, but it's a retarded argument.

Did you people learn nothing from DV's circus offense era?

Thats bullshit and you know it. It was obvious this team didn't have many play makers vs the Bengals. I remember people saying they wouldn't bitxch if we drafted a playmaker now the goalpost change.

-King-
07-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Thats bullshit and you know it. It was obvious this team didn't have many play makers vs the Bengals. I remember people saying they wouldn't bitxch if we drafted a playmaker now the goalpost change.

WE NEED TO DRAFT FOR NEED!!1!ONE!!

PGM
07-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Before the draft it was "Pioli would never draft Berry and Pioli would never draft a playmaker, he'll draft big fat linemen"....over and over and over again.

shitgoose
07-18-2010, 01:10 AM
T e r r ib le dude. What a lame video. Maybe next time. Is your wife hot?
Posted via Mobile Device

shitgoose
07-18-2010, 01:13 AM
At least?
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't care what anyone says, and I never really voice an opinion on a player, on this site. I've seen this kid play (a lot), he's single-handedly taken' over games in the very recent past. ... just wait!

phyllis
10-07-2010, 12:23 AM
We are glade to tell you that our website can offer you the most compititive price at $19 for NFL jerseys . Since we are the wholesaler of NFL jerseys , we can also offer free shipping to you.Meanwhile,we can promise you with the most effective deliver method such as EMS and DHL which can agrantee that the deliver time can be 5-7 days.
We have been dealing with the business for many years and we have received numerous positive recommmands for our customers.Our jerseys are high in quality and low in price.
Donít hesitate to buy our products.

Pawnmower
10-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Why does this seem like a fake video? Why does it seem like you knew she was taping you? Why would you make a fake video with such a boring reaction? Why is there a hole in your wall covered in spackle that isnt painted? What were you doing to your asshole when your wife walked in? What kind of jeans are those? Why don't you spring for a fitted hat? Why is there a kitty litter box on your kitchen floor? Why do you get to rock a mullet and my wife wont let me?

There are many unanswerable questions in life. This video presents more questions than answers.

Thank you for disrupting my universe,

Phobia
10-07-2010, 01:35 AM
We are glade to tell you that our website can offer you the most compititive price at $19 for NFL jerseys . Since we are the wholesaler of NFL jerseys , we can also offer free shipping to you.Meanwhile,we can promise you with the most effective deliver method such as EMS and DHL which can agrantee that the deliver time can be 5-7 days.
We have been dealing with the business for many years and we have received numerous positive recommmands for our customers.Our jerseys are high in quality and low in price.
Donít hesitate to buy our products.

I bought 19 of them. Thanks so much for your quick service. You're an amazing spammer. The link, especially was of first quality.

blazzin311
10-07-2010, 01:45 AM
my reaction was pretty much exactly the same. When the Chiefs went on the clock I remember saying, "well...the only sure thing is that we won't be drafting a RB." Pick is announced, all I can remember thinking was "what?" Not good, not bad, just..."what?"

I had kind of the same reaction....what? My "what" gut reaction wasn't really that I was upset at the pick either, it was more so since I had no idea who McCluster was. I knew of nothing even remotely about him. After watching some youtube videos of him following the selection of McCluster. I began to grin from ear to ear with the hopes that he would justify the Chiefs drafting him that early. So far he has lived up to the hype as far as I'm concerned but there's still a long long way to go. So we'll see I guess. :D

teedubya
10-07-2010, 01:51 AM
OMG This jerseys is are amazing! I are glad I did not hesitate to bye youre porducts!

Buck
10-07-2010, 02:53 AM
I just realized that spammer didn't even leave a link and if they did then someone deleted it.

penchief
10-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Ah, Step Three.

Justification.

At this point nothing needs to be justified. They took who they thought would fit their plans. And apparently they were spot on.

What are the stages of those who think they know better than everyone else but end up having to eat crow more often than not? It seems like there are only two. From anger to stubborn denial.

Lzen
10-07-2010, 07:27 AM
That reaction is funny. Probably what most Chiefs fans did. I thought the same thing when they said DM, RB from Miss. "Why do the Chiefs need another RB?" I had no idea that the guy was more of a receiver. Heck, he's more of a multi-purpose player with his receiving skills, his running, and his return ability. So far, it appears to be a great pick.

FAX
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I know I am probably going to have to eat my words from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jm63kc9i64

I'd say that, under the circumstances, you were quite composed.

My initial thoughts were, "Damn it, man! Grab the camera and turn it around so I can get a look at your babe!"

FAX

BIG_DADDY
10-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I'd say that, under the circumstances, you were quite composed.

My initial thoughts were, "Damn it, man! Grab the camera and turn it around so I can get a look at your babe!"

FAX

ROFL

nstygma
10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Its weird, my mom actually secretly recorded my reaction to the Chiefs selecting McCluster as well.

<<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/lsSO6RZtdno?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/lsSO6RZtdno?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
FYP:D

Mosbonian
10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
That reaction is funny. Probably what most Chiefs fans did. I thought the same thing when they said DM, RB from Miss. "Why do the Chiefs need another RB?" I had no idea that the guy was more of a receiver. Heck, he's more of a multi-purpose player with his receiving skills, his running, and his return ability. So far, it appears to be a great pick.

I wasn't distrubed at all....being here in SEC country I had seem several of his games and was impressed with him. My only concern is the same one that others have expressed and that was about his size.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Someone secretly replaced my normal blend with Sanka anti-freeze.

They're dead.