PDA

View Full Version : Football Christine Vendel:Larry Johnson gets scolding for poor effort on community service

Tribal Warfare
07-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Larry Johnson gets scolding for poor effort on community service (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/16/2088990/larry-johnson-gets-scolding-for.html)
By CHRISTINE VENDEL
The Kansas City Star

Former Chiefs running back Larry Johnson avoided jail but didn’t escape the wrath of a judge who admonished him Friday for dropping the ball on his community service.

Johnson, 30, was supposed to work with children at the Kansas City Police Athletic League for his 40 hours of court-ordered service. But Johnson refused to play sports with the children and instead told police officials he wanted to start an art program. The program didn’t draw enough students and quickly fizzled out. He got credit for nine hours of service.

Municipal Court Judge Joseph Locascio said his intention was for Johnson to play sports with the kids.

“Children who go to PAL don’t go there for art class,” Locascio said at the probation revocation hearing Friday. “The idea that you would draw pictures with kids who want to participate in athletics is absurd.

“If I knew you didn’t want to do sports with kids, I would have assigned you to pick up trash on the highway. That’s what we typically have defendants do.”

Johnson’s attorney, J.R. Hobbs, pointed out that Johnson provided a Thanksgiving dinner to 100 people at the PAL center, bought turkeys for an additional 100 families and bought $2,500 worth of Christmas presents for the kids.

Locascio acknowledged the gestures, but said Johnson blew an opportunity.

“For a young kid playing sports, the opportunity to have contact with an NFL player is once in a lifetime,” Locascio said. “That’s why I’m so disappointed here. I thought you were going to spend time with the kids, and apparently you’re not capable or interested in doing that.”

Locascio said he “puts people in jail every day for not doing community service.” Still, Locascio chose not to put Johnson behind bars and instead reinstated his probation. Locascio said Johnson could complete his remaining community service hours with any nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C., where he will play this season.

City Prosecutor Beth Murano detailed Johnson’s other violations in court Friday. She said he is supposed to send a monthly form to his probation officer, but he didn’t send any from January through May. Once Johnson was notified of the violation, he sent all five months at once. He then didn’t send forms for June or July, Murano said.

Another condition of Johnson’s probation was to complete an anger management program. His attorney said Johnson had taken a domestic violence course in Miami, where Johnson lives. But the judge questioned whether the class met the standard for anger management.

Locascio said the course wouldn’t comply “if the NFL offers a one-hour program saying, ‘Don’t hit your wife.’ ”

“He has to do what he agreed to,” Locascio said. “No more of this wishy-washy.”

Johnson also failed to report to his probation officer that he had been stopped by police in Virginia and cited for not having a driver’s license, Murano said.

During the upbraiding by Locascio, Johnson didn’t make eye contact with the judge. At one point, Johnson looked at his watch.

After the 20-minute hearing, Johnson walked out of the courtroom smiling, followed by his mother and brother. He declined to talk to a Star reporter in the hallway.

Johnson’s two-year probation stems from two convictions of disturbing the peace for incidents at Kansas City nightclubs in 2008. He initially was charged with two counts of assault, but the charges were amended as part of a plea agreement last year.

In the first incident, a 26-year-old woman alleged that Johnson shoved her on the side of the head inside the Grand Emporium in the 3800 block of Main Street. She told police that she and a friend were walking through the club when Johnson came toward them and said “Don’t touch me” as he shoved her.

The second incident occurred at Club Blonde in the 100 block of Ward Parkway. A 24-year-old woman alleged that Johnson intentionally spit a drink in her face and made a threat against her boyfriend.

If Johnson successfully completes probation by March, the convictions will be removed from his public record. If not, he will be forced to appear before Locascio again.

LaChapelle
07-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Good for the judge.
He washed his and KC's hands of LJ.
Look how he dressed for court.

Bwana
07-17-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm so glad we are done with that POS.

btlook1
07-17-2010, 07:36 AM
I hope he blows his ACL this year! Exactly right....POS!

Marcellus
07-17-2010, 07:39 AM
It pisses me off I ever cheered the guy. What a piece of work. At least he dresses like the douchebag he is.

milkman
07-17-2010, 07:42 AM
What ever happened to that LJ ballwasher?

Why isn't he here to defend LJ and to tell us that the judge was just manipulated by the media?

Bwana
07-17-2010, 07:47 AM

Why isn't he here to defend LJ and to tell us that the judge was just manipulated by the media?

I was just thinking the same thing. What was that clowns name?

RedNFeisty
07-17-2010, 08:05 AM
What a remarkable dipshit. I'm very thankful he isn't a part of the Chiefs any longer.

big nasty kcnut
07-17-2010, 08:06 AM
He a bitch and that bitch sucks ass.

Count Zarth
07-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Fuck you, traitor.

That good enough for you guys?

pr_capone
07-17-2010, 08:39 AM
What a worthless sack of shit. May he get hit by a fucking bus.

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 08:41 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. What was that clowns name?
KCbroncoDIPSHIT

rockymtnchief
07-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Johnson’s attorney, J.R. Hobbs, pointed out that Johnson provided a Thanksgiving dinner to 100 people at the PAL center, bought turkeys for an additional 100 families and bought $2,500 worth of Christmas presents for the kids.

Typical. Throw money out there and think it fixes everything.

Be accountable and do your service. Then when you give money you won't look like such a douche.

Glad you're gone.

Count Zarth
07-17-2010, 08:48 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqONFv6PRig&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqONFv6PRig&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Chief Chief
07-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Not an LJ luver but the judge's hands were tied regarding the legal definition of the term 'community service' and both parties knew it.

The judge desperately wanted LJ to do something involving sports with children but he couldn't mandate it, and he couldn't penalize LJ for doing something different.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2010, 09:58 AM
kentbabb

Here's another "surprise, surprise" item after the judge scolded LJ for screwing over kids: "Johnson walked out of the courtroom smiling."

I've covered and been around sports for a long time. LJ is seriously the biggest scumbag I've ever dealt with.

one minute ago

PunkinDrublic
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Not an LJ luver but the judge's hands were tied regarding the legal definition of the term 'community service' and both parties knew it.

The judge desperately wanted LJ to do something involving sports with children but he couldn't mandate it, and he couldn't penalize LJ for doing something different.

What's aggravating is anyone of us would have had to pick up trash on the side of the highway. LJ seems to think he gets to pick his punishment when he wants it.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2010, 10:02 AM
LJ is a piece of shit and guys like him will get theirs eventually. i cant believe i defended him at one time

RJ
07-17-2010, 10:04 AM

I don't get that. It sounds like the puke didn't do any community service at all, he just threw some money at the problem. What a prick.

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
What's aggravating is anyone of us would have had to pick up trash on the side of the highway. LJ seems to think he gets to pick his punishment when he wants it.
It's even more aggravating when his "punishment" is to go play A GODDAMN GAME with some kids to whom it would probably mean the world to. He's a fucking selfish lowlife POS and the poster boy for spoiled athletes.

Bwana
07-17-2010, 10:11 AM
He's a ****ing selfish lowlife POS and the poster boy for spoiled athletes.

This

Nzoner
07-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm so glad we are done with that POS.

I'm not quite done just yet,at the bash bonfire this year I will be burning his fathead that used to hang on my gameroom wall.

rockymtnchief
07-17-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm not quite done just yet,at the bash bonfire this year I will be burning his fathead that used to hang on my gameroom wall.

Can we each piss on it first?

Nzoner
07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Can we each piss on it first?

only if you agree to be the one who throws it on the fire LMAO

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 10:16 AM
We need to attach it to some 3/4" plywood so it burns slowly, I don't want him to have a quick, painless death.

Pioli Zombie
07-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Larry Johnson. The mistake between Priest Holmes and Jamal Charles.

rockymtnchief
07-17-2010, 10:17 AM
only if you agree to be the one who throws it on the fire LMAO

I'll bring a long stick and run afterwards. Fire is to good for that prick.

Bwana
07-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Nice, but use it for a dart board first.

stormtrooper
07-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Somebody was paid-off. Any of us would be serving time or something. He smiles about it and walks off. He is a loser. If not for the great o-line he would have done nothing. He got his money and now he's a piece of drift wood. Worthless.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Somebody was paid-off. Any of us would be serving time or something. He smiles about it and walks off. He is a loser. If not for the great o-line he would have done nothing. He got his money and now he's a piece of drift wood. Worthless.

He has done nothing in the NFL still...i dont care if he had 2 great years, doesnt mean shit in the longrun, well except that he got paid. He'll be one of those players that could've been great but got in his own way. i bet he'll eventually be broke too

Bill Parcells
07-17-2010, 10:35 AM

If Herm was still your coach he would say ''before he was a football player, he was a man''

ROFL

Thats what he said about Abraham getting drunk driving and Damien Robinson bringing a shot gun to a game right after 9/11. Herm really tutored LJ as a young player. he turned out great!

ROFL

rockymtnchief
07-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Nice, but use it for a dart board first.

Day 1: Dart board
Day 2: Sew up the arm and neck holes, collect the dog shit
Day 3: Use as a CP Bash urinal
Night 3: Slowly burn in fire (Make sure no CP'ers are wearing it)

Bwana
07-17-2010, 10:40 AM

LMAO Nice list.

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Not a bad plan except for #2, it's not a jersey, it's one of those things that sticks on the wall.

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/20/2093/H7T2D00Z.jpg

FAX
07-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Problem is, picking up trash isn't exactly a punishment for LJ. He does that every night.

FAX

Bwana
07-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Not a bad plan except for #2, it's not a jersey, it's one of those things that sticks on the wall.

I won't be able to make the bash, however, I do have a Brand new LJ Jersey, with the tags still on it in my closet. I would be willing to send it up to Joe for a "good burning" as long as there is some video of it. :D

rockymtnchief
07-17-2010, 10:54 AM

My bad. Fold it like a canoe and pick up even more dog shit!

I won't be able to make the bash, however, I do have a Brand new LJ Jersey, with the tags still on it in my closet. I would be willing to send it up to Joe for a "good buring" as long as there is some video of it. :D

If someones got a camera I can pick it up next week or around the 28th of August.

Enough playing on the intrawebs. I'm heading to the lake. Everyone enjoy their Saturday.

FAX
07-17-2010, 10:54 AM

See, I pretty much agree with this statement, Mr. stormtrooper. I always thought he was somewhat overrated and motivated, in a way, by Priest's success. Anyhow, it's no coincidence (in my opinion, at least) that when our line was good, LJ was good and when our line was bad, LJ thought the hole was in between the right guard's butt cheeks.

FAX

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 10:55 AM
I won't be able to make the bash, however, I do have a Brand new LJ Jersey, with the tags still on it in my closet. I would be willing to send it up to Joe for a "good buring" as long as there is some video of it. :D
If you do that I can guarantee there will be video of it meeting an unpleasant demise.

Bwana
07-17-2010, 10:56 AM
My bad. Fold it like a canoe and pick up even more dog shit!

If someones got a camera I can pick it up next week or around the 28th of August.

Enough playing on the intrawebs. I'm heading to the lake. Everyone enjoy their Saturday.

The end of August would work. Likewise on the weekend.

Bwana
07-17-2010, 10:57 AM
If you do that I can guarantee there will be video of it meeting an unpleasant demise.

Consider it done! I was going to fire it up anyway, but this way, more people will be able to enjoy it. All I ask, is for a posted video, so I can enjoy it as well. :)

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Same here.

I'm planning on staying sober this year, and posting a lot of pics and videos.

Hog Farmer
07-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, taking the diaper off doesn't say much when it's replaced with a Depends!

boogblaster
07-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Larry knows art ... finger-painting ....

Pestilence
07-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe I'll bring my LJ jersey to the bash and we can burn that too. I'm sure as fuck not wearing it anymore.

mikey23545
07-17-2010, 04:16 PM
“If I knew you didn’t want to do sports with kids, I would have assigned you to pick up trash on the highway. That’s what we typically have defendants do.”

Well, judge, it's not too late, is it?

Count Zarth
07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe I'll bring my LJ jersey to the bash and we can burn that too. I'm sure as fuck not wearing it anymore.

I'm in. Let's do this.

KCBOSS1
07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I kept wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt. This guy is rediculous

KCBOSS1
07-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought he was going to be a great his first year of starting.

LaChapelle
07-18-2010, 03:46 PM
KC finaly met a fountain it didn't like

KCBOSS1
07-18-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm gonna take "Johnson" off the back of my jersey. There will be another 27 shortly.

Psyko Tek
07-18-2010, 08:37 PM
should have violated his punk ass
and then put him in prison to get his punk ass violated

what rwally sucks for me
is me and my son have LJ jerseys they were on sale a year before he was traded
it's my only sewn jersey