PDA

View Full Version : Life Anniversary coming up, need some help.

Shaid
07-17-2010, 07:19 PM
So my 10th Anniversary is coming up and I want to do something special for my wife but I have zero ideas. Any thoughts?

RedNFeisty
07-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Cruise

Buck
07-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Where do you live?

luv
07-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Renew your vows? Do you have kids? They could be part of it.

Thig Lyfe
07-17-2010, 07:21 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/owGykVbfgUE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/owGykVbfgUE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
07-17-2010, 07:27 PM
You've been married to the woman for 10 years and you have no ideas? Scrap it. You're fucked. :D

milkman
07-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Find her a real man for the night.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Ooh.

OnTheWarpath58
07-17-2010, 07:31 PM
PIIHB.

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Exercise equipment or a gym membership and a vacuum cleaner.

luv
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
You've been married to the woman for 10 years and you have no ideas? Scrap it. You're fucked. :D

I would assume he's hoping so.

kstater
07-17-2010, 08:46 PM
teh buttsecks

CrazyPhuD
07-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Get her twin lesbian strippers.

Gadzooks
07-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Licking some tang of the poon persuasion might help

pr_capone
07-17-2010, 09:13 PM
So my 10th Anniversary is coming up and I want to do something special for my wife but I have zero ideas. Any thoughts?

I have the perfect idea for you.

Divorce papers.

Save her the time of having to file it herself when she finds out that you have no clue what it will take to make that anniversary a special one.

ChiefButthurt
07-17-2010, 09:24 PM
You guys are harsh....help the boy out.

Hog Farmer
07-17-2010, 09:31 PM
If she hasn't swelled up like a pig already you coud always get her one .

RedNFeisty
07-17-2010, 10:38 PM
You guys are harsh....help the boy out.

I said a cruise!!

HoneyBadger
07-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Oven mittens

Shaid
07-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, at least one person said a cruise and another said renewing vows. I thought about the cruise thing but we have a 1 and 2 year old and our only real option for someone to watch them for a week( my mom) is in Texas for the next few months. I might be able to swing some type of surprise with the renewing the vows thing...

Shaid
07-17-2010, 11:15 PM
You've been married to the woman for 10 years and you have no ideas? Scrap it. You're ****ed. :D

Never really been the romantic type and that's what I'm looking for here.

Shaid
07-17-2010, 11:17 PM

That's the problem. I'm already too damn much man for her every night that nothing else will even come close. :D

Shaid
07-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Licking some tang of the poon persuasion might help

I have no problem doing that.

milkman
07-17-2010, 11:22 PM
That's the problem. I'm already too damn much man for her every night that nothing else will even come close. :D

In that case, get her a woman.

Munson
07-17-2010, 11:33 PM
PIIHB.
teh buttsecks

This.

Miles
07-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Well, at least one person said a cruise and another said renewing vows. I thought about the cruise thing but we have a 1 and 2 year old and our only real option for someone to watch them for a week( my mom) is in Texas for the next few months. I might be able to swing some type of surprise with the renewing the vows thing...

Disclaimer that I am not married but I think this is a reasonable suggestion assuming your mom is cool with watching your kids for a week.

You could plan a vacation for the two of you without the kids that happens later in the year when you mom can watch them. If you surprise your wife the plans that you have actually booked over a nice dinner on your anniversary it should still have the same effect.

bevischief
07-17-2010, 11:42 PM
New ring.

RedNFeisty
07-17-2010, 11:42 PM

Having no sitter makes it hard. If you have someone (high school student, teenager of a friend) that could watch the kids for the night, maybe get a nice hotel room, limo for dinner and drinks, perhaps a show of some sort.

If not, go with diamonds, or whatever her favorite gem is!! :thumb:

You may be screwed on getting good advice here, the guys are just giving you shit and I am of no help, I'm about as romantic as Pepe Le Pew...

bevischief
07-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Have kids?

RedNFeisty
07-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Disclaimer that I am not married but I think this is a reasonable suggestion assuming your mom is cool with watching your kids for a week.

You could plan a vacation for the two of you without the kids that happens later in the year when you mom can watch them. If you surprise your wife the plans that you have actually booked over a nice dinner on your anniversary it should still have the same effect.

That does sound like a good idea. Give her the tickets as a gift. Smart man Miles!

Baconeater
07-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Dick in a box.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Never really been the romantic type and that's what I'm looking for here.

Well if you're looking for romance, I'd go with post number 9 and I'd make it a big surprise.

I'm on a horse.

Shaid
07-18-2010, 12:06 AM
In that case, get her a woman.

:clap:

Shaid
07-18-2010, 12:08 AM

Not a bad idea at all.

Gracie Dean
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Cruise ... Royal Caribbean Western Caribbean

HemiEd
07-18-2010, 05:08 AM
I can tell you one thing not to do. Don't forget until the last minute, and pick up a small figurine, of a dog howling at the moon, at the local drug store.

Shaid
07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I can tell you one thing not to do. Don't forget until the last minute, and pick up a small figurine, of a dog howling at the moon, at the local drug store.

ROFL

teedubya
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
PIIHB.

That was gonna be my suggestion.

vailpass
07-18-2010, 11:18 AM

:D

WV
07-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Dick in a box.

Funny stuff!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gracie Dean
07-18-2010, 12:38 PM
seriously, if you can't get away, recreate. Take her back to the days when you were first dating. Go to the same resturaunt, do all the same things, then pop the question with a new ring!

WV
07-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Some of these are good, some aren't....but it's more than you got now! I like the idea of a weekend in NYC to see a Broadway show...not my thing, but it's not about you is it!

10th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
Tin or aluminum. The pliability of tin and aluminum is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken.

10th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift:
Diamond jewelry. A marriage that lasts ten years is as durable and beautiful as a diamond.

10th Anniversary Gemstone:
Diamond jewelry or blue sapphire.

10th Anniversary Color:
Silver or blue.
10th Anniversary Flower:
Daffodil. Trumpet-shaped daffodils represent joy, cheerfulness, and happiness.
Ways to Celebrate Your 10th Anniversary:

* Purchase tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theatre, etc. to attend together. (Buy Direct)

* Buy some wine, bread, and cheese and find a nice spot to have a romantic afternoon.

* Pick a bouquet of daffodils from your garden if your anniversary is in the spring.

Gift Suggestions to Purchase for Your 10th Anniversary:

* Tin or aluminum paper weight

* Give a coupon for a dinner at a special restaurant, a trip (Buy Direct).

* Antique tin toys

* A print of daffodils. Compare Prices

* Tin or aluminum wall sconces

* Diamond jewelry

* Tin snips or cutters

* Shaker pie safe with punched tin panels

* Blue sapphire gifts Compare Prices

* Daffodil twilight lantern (Buy Direct).

* Antique tin bank

* Diamond jewelry Compare Prices

* Other Daffodil Themed Gifts Compare Prices

Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 10th Anniversary:

* Stuff a pretty tin box with new paper money, confetti, love note, book on romance, magazine, love coupons, a current picture of the two of you, etc.

* Put together a CD with songs from the year you were married.

* Assemble a memory photo album with pictures highlighting your 10 years together.

* Love note with daffodils printed on it.

* Love coupons.

Tits McGee
07-18-2010, 12:40 PM
road trip...

Simply Red
07-18-2010, 12:42 PM
'the man'jacks -or- divorce her ass!

Baconeater
07-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh, it's the aluminum anniversary? That's easy then, 24 pack of Natty light.

WV
07-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh, it's the aluminum anniversary? That's easy then, 24 pack of Natty light.

LMAO

And don't forget the beer bong........that's the only way that stuff is drinkable!

luv
07-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Combining some ideas here....

Take her for a romantic afternoon with some wine, bread, and cheese. Tell her to dress nice. Pop the question with a new anniversary ring. When she says yes, tell you can't wait another minute, load everything up, and take her to an already planned ceremony to renew your vows.

mlyonsd
07-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Write her a hand written letter. Tell her how she makes you feel. It will be between just the two of you so just let it flow.

Make dinner reservations at a nice restaurant. Maybe one you've been to in the past, maybe something new. The important thing is for you to take control and make all the arrangements on your own.

If she doesn't like surpises a few days before the date send her an invitation in the mail so she will know what to dress for.

At the restaurant order wine at the beginning, maybe appetizers. Once you've ordered the entree give her your letter. She'll spend a lot of waiting for her food bawling, unless of course you suck at writing letters.

To make the dinner complete make sure to order dessert, even if she doesn't want any. You can pick something you know she likes and have them put it in a take out container.

The thing is to make her feel you're courting her again. After 10 years it couldn't hurt to make an effort other than just buying a gift.

HemiEd
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
ROFL

:D

Yeah, that has been almost 30 years ago now, and the memory is still vivid for both of us. :$2500::$2500:%(/:PPL:

I doubt either of us, at least me, remembers many of the others, near as well.